Wednesday, July 27, 2022< ^ >
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

[17:24:35] <zulipbot> (Sean Turner) just getting set up
[17:28:11] <zulipbot> (Sean Turner) two peeps here in the room
[17:30:32] <zulipbot> (Jonathan Lennox) Now up to six of us here, plus Sean at the front!
[17:31:32] <zulipbot> (Adam Roach) Yo dawg, I heard you liked Internet...
[17:31:32] <zulipbot> (Juliusz Chroboczek) Was lunch any good?
[17:31:58] <zulipbot> (Nils Ohlmeier) Does someone track the percentage of participants on site per WG? :-)
[17:31:58] <zulipbot> (Rajeev RK) Also, since meetecho uses webRTC(i pesume), we are also kind of dogfooding, using WebRTC to Evolve WebRTC
[17:32:11] <zulipbot> (Lorenzo Miniero) You presume well :)
[17:34:50] <zulipbot> (Adam Roach) HI SPENCER!
[17:35:03] <zulipbot> (Murray Kucherawy) WiFi just blipped here. :( I'll let the NOC know.
[17:37:53] <zulipbot> (Murray Kucherawy) Thank you for doing the early IANA review!
[17:40:30] <zulipbot> (Murray Kucherawy) +1
[17:41:42] <zulipbot> (Adam Roach) For the record, I agree with the decision not to fix the items on the "Won't Fix" slide, and agree with the rationale provided for each item.
[17:47:17] <zulipbot> (Jonathan Lennox) The text on the slide is very small in the room...
[17:48:21] <zulipbot> (Jonathan Lennox) I've pulled it up on my laptop
[17:49:16] <zulipbot> (Jonathan Lennox) for others
[17:49:44] <zulipbot> (Lorenzo Miniero) @**Sean Turner** there should be a screen on your desk to track the queue, you don't need your own laptop to see that
[17:49:45] <zulipbot> (Rajeev RK) Hmm, Chair's should be given dual screen setups, to allow for presentation and queue management in parallel... maybe we should put in a budget request :-D
[17:51:20] <zulipbot> (Murray Kucherawy) Unrelated: I just noticed in 6.1 that you're creating a new IANA registry (or maybe a sub-registry) but the rules for the registry aren't stated.
[17:51:46] <zulipbot> (Murray Kucherawy) Sorry, 6.2.
[17:57:31] <zulipbot> (Spencer Dawkins) My advice is for people to keep an eye on me in the HedgeDoc notes. NOTE WELL ...
[18:00:26] <zulipbot> (Lorenzo Miniero) I'm one of the ones that advocated for keeping OPTIONS there for STUN/TURN, but I agree with Sergio it shouldn't be a MUST: examples have been provided where it could be challenging
[18:05:58] <zulipbot> (Spencer Dawkins) I'm having a difficult time tracking the conversation in the notes. More eyes are good ...
[18:06:37] <zulipbot> (Adam Roach) I'm good with SHOULD
[18:07:16] <zulipbot> (Adam Roach) And a warning to client implementors about what happens if the server *can't* do so for whatever reason
[18:10:16] <zulipbot> (Juliusz Chroboczek) That's the issue we've just discussed.
[18:11:12] <zulipbot> (Juliusz Chroboczek) Sorry, I intervented too early.
[18:20:13] <zulipbot> (Adam Roach) Okay, I think 422 is what we want:
[18:20:52] <zulipbot> (Juliusz Chroboczek) Isn't 422 specific to WebDA?
[18:21:05] <zulipbot> (Adam Roach) I already have a PR in for the PATCH code. :)
[18:21:31] <zulipbot> (Juliusz Chroboczek) The advantage of delaying it is that we might have some implementations by September.
[18:22:08] <zulipbot> (Adam Roach) 422 is defined in WebDAV, but the semantics are a good match, and the text in RFC4918 explains why other codes don't fit the exact situation Sergio described. We should check with another HTTP expert, but I think 422 is the most semantically correct response.
[18:23:00] <zulipbot> (Juliusz Chroboczek) +1 Adam Roach