Monday, November 8, 2021< ^ >
meetecho-alexamirante has set the subject to: SUIT at IETF 111
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

[06:19:26] Glen joins the room
[06:19:30] Glen leaves the room
[14:03:01] Meetecho joins the room
[14:15:03] Ching-Heng Ku_web_406 joins the room
[14:15:03] Kohei Isobe_web_420 joins the room
[14:15:03] Hannes Tschofenig_web_628 joins the room
[14:15:03] Akira Tsukamoto_web_361 joins the room
[14:15:03] Brendan Moran_web_246 joins the room
[14:15:03] Masashi Kikuchi_web_844 joins the room
[14:15:03] Ken Takayama_web_831 joins the room
[14:15:03] Tobia Castaldi_web_754 joins the room
[14:15:03] Dave Thaler_web_949 joins the room
[14:15:15] Alessandro Toppi_web_760 joins the room
[14:15:16] Florian Helmschmidt_web_337 joins the room
[14:15:24] <Hannes Tschofenig_web_628> Hi all
[14:16:39] Florian Helmschmidt_web_337 leaves the room
[14:16:43] Florian Helmschmidt_web_326 joins the room
[14:17:23] <Akira Tsukamoto_web_361> HI
[14:18:05] Paul Watrobski_web_249 joins the room
[14:19:54] Paul Watrobski_web_249 leaves the room
[14:20:34] Florian Helmschmidt_web_326 leaves the room
[14:21:55] Tsukasa OI_web_485 joins the room
[14:22:13] alexamirante joins the room
[14:22:40] David Waltermire_web_795 joins the room
[14:22:48] Tsukasa OI_web_485 leaves the room
[14:22:52] Tsukasa OI_web_851 joins the room
[14:23:21] Carsten Bormann_web_382 joins the room
[14:23:52] cabo joins the room
[14:23:53] Tsukasa OI_web_851 leaves the room
[14:23:57] Tsukasa OI_web_820 joins the room
[14:24:02] Scott Fluhrer_web_832 joins the room
[14:24:07] Chris Lemmons_web_254 joins the room
[14:24:28] Rikard Höglund_web_489 joins the room
[14:24:37] Tsukasa OI_web_820 leaves the room
[14:24:41] Tsukasa OI_web_211 joins the room
[14:25:34] Russ Housley_web_498 joins the room
[14:25:51] alexamirante has set the subject to: SUIT at IETF 112
[14:26:16] <Brendan Moran_web_246> Hi
[14:26:39] Adam Wiethuechter_web_189 joins the room
[14:26:48] Michael Richardson_web_644 joins the room
[14:26:51] BEHCET SARIKAYA joins the room
[14:27:01] Koen Zandberg_web_568 joins the room
[14:27:06] <Adam Wiethuechter_web_189> Nyanpasu!
[14:27:07] Rikard Höglund_web_489 leaves the room
[14:27:08] Takahiko Nagata_web_954 joins the room
[14:27:13] Michael StJohns_web_667 joins the room
[14:27:17] Paul Watrobski_web_119 joins the room
[14:27:24] Paul Watrobski_web_119 leaves the room
[14:27:28] Paul Watrobski_web_640 joins the room
[14:27:37] Juan-Carlos Zúñiga_web_414 joins the room
[14:27:43] Roman Danyliw_web_111 joins the room
[14:28:04] Mike StJohns joins the room
[14:28:10] John Border_web_446 joins the room
[14:28:17] Jen Hufford_web_629 joins the room
[14:28:27] mcr joins the room
[14:29:07] <mcr> I can be jabber scribe.
[14:29:15] Michael Hollyman_web_706 joins the room
[14:29:20] Yangtao Deng_web_582 joins the room
[14:29:30] Behcet Sarikaya_web_327 joins the room
[14:29:41] Kuniyasu Suzaki_web_298 joins the room
[14:30:00] David Brown_web_180 joins the room
[14:30:33] <Roman Danyliw_web_111> @hannes.  I'm here in the jabber and can help too.
[14:30:40] afregly@verisign.com_web_209 joins the room
[14:30:48] Oliver Borchert_web_433 joins the room
[14:30:54] A Paventhan_web_864 joins the room
[14:30:55] Korry Luke_web_596 joins the room
[14:30:56] Erik Nordmark_web_966 joins the room
[14:31:36] Göran Selander_web_937 joins the room
[14:31:48] Michael Breuer_web_865 joins the room
[14:32:00] Stefan Santesson_web_463 joins the room
[14:32:06] Rikard Höglund_web_927 joins the room
[14:32:19] Mališa Vučinić_web_375 joins the room
[14:32:59] Michael Hollyman_web_706 leaves the room
[14:33:01] Jim Reid_web_480 joins the room
[14:33:40] Geraldo Júnior_web_803 joins the room
[14:33:54] Henk Birkholz_web_134 joins the room
[14:34:05] <Roman Danyliw_web_111> "XXX-2022  Decide with RATS WG on where the 'set of claims for attesting to firmware update status' document should be produced"
[14:34:18] Jiayi Liu_web_601 joins the room
[14:34:19] Yangtao Deng_web_582 leaves the room
[14:34:26] Peter Koch_web_583 joins the room
[14:34:56] Craig Pearce_web_837 joins the room
[14:34:58] Michael Hollyman_web_943 joins the room
[14:35:14] Ira McDonald_web_647 joins the room
[14:35:27] Haywood Gelman_web_939 joins the room
[14:36:29] Pieter Kasselman_web_729 joins the room
[14:36:46] <mcr> March 2022 is okay as a deadline, but it seems like we should have a plan to have a better conversation beforehand.
[14:37:17] Yangtao Deng_web_191 joins the room
[14:39:09] Ari Keränen_web_398 joins the room
[14:39:32] <Henk Birkholz_web_134> +1 for a combined meeting, for Ian claims
[14:39:47] <Ira McDonald_web_647> I suggest the profile belongs in SUIT WG and NOT in RATS WG - agree w/ Brendan
[14:39:52] <mcr> @Brendon, that's why the joint meeting.
[14:40:20] <Henk Birkholz_web_134> Iana & and suit claims are related, but is a discussion topic
[14:41:06] <Henk Birkholz_web_134> dyac... iana
[14:41:54] Wei Pan_web_855 joins the room
[14:43:26] <Roman Danyliw_web_111> Given that we're still talking about it @mcr's approach seems right to resolve this issue -- it's describing the process to decide.  The milestone I'm pushing is to ensure we have a marker for when we need to conclude the process.
[14:43:44] Yangtao Deng_web_191 leaves the room
[14:44:23] <Roman Danyliw_web_111> @Waltermire -- I don't think this will be resolved during Friday's meeting.  The agenda is quite full.
[14:44:24] Alessandro Toppi_web_760 leaves the room
[14:44:27] Yangtao Deng_web_542 joins the room
[14:44:28] Alessandro Toppi_web_289 joins the room
[14:46:01] Oliver Borchert_web_433 leaves the room
[14:46:05] Oliver Borchert_web_810 joins the room
[14:47:08] Ines Robles_web_431 joins the room
[14:47:29] Oliver Borchert_web_810 leaves the room
[14:47:33] Oliver Borchert_web_742 joins the room
[14:47:38] <Roman Danyliw_web_111> I added the discussed coordination milestone to the draft charter, and sent it off to the Secretariat for scheduling for the next available IESG telechat.
[14:47:50] <Henk Birkholz_web_134> +1 f2f hackathons
[14:48:22] <cabo>
[14:48:41] <Brendan Moran_web_246> +1 for f2f hackathons === dedicated time
[14:49:13] Michael Rosa_web_981 joins the room
[14:49:16] <Koen> Same here, it is a bit easier to clear the agenda for a f2f hackathon
[14:49:51] <Akira Tsukamoto_web_361>
[14:52:43] Craig Pearce_web_837 leaves the room
[14:52:47] Craig Pearce_web_572 joins the room
[14:53:20] <Ira McDonald_web_647> BTW - RATS on Friday collides w/ SAAG and SecDispatch - major conflict
[14:53:35] <Hannes Tschofenig_web_628> Oops
[14:54:17] Chonggang Wang_web_711 joins the room
[14:54:29] <Ira McDonald_web_647> My mistake - RATS on Friday collides w/ ASDF and NTP (both of which are more important to me)
[14:54:52] Steffen Fries_web_117 joins the room
[14:55:26] <mcr> Yeah, Ira, it's an ongoing problem... best solved by doing more virtual interims in my opinion.
[14:55:39] Wen Lin_web_131 joins the room
[14:56:25] Yangtao Deng_web_542 leaves the room
[14:57:00] Wen Lin_web_131 leaves the room
[14:57:36] <Ira McDonald_web_647> Agree with MCR - more virtual interims in many IETF WGs would help - even in physical IETF meetings, the collisions are severe.
[14:58:19] <Hannes Tschofenig_web_628> That's what we do in OAuth
[14:59:57] <Ira McDonald_web_647> crypto agility w/out hardware acceleration updates (*hard*) is of dubious value
[15:01:08] Pieter Kasselman_web_729 leaves the room
[15:04:35] <Hannes Tschofenig_web_628> Don't understand Michael
[15:04:39] <cabo> Mcr: too quiet
[15:04:52] <cabo> Half of your syllables are under VAD threshold
[15:05:58] <mcr> sorry for my bad audio.
[15:06:14] <mcr> My mic was on my forehead.
[15:06:51] <mcr> I said that the manufacturer is ultimately going to decide and the device can only validate things that it has trust anchors for.
[15:07:03] <mcr> (should I return to the mic?)
[15:09:15] <mcr> I agree strongly with Dave Thaler.
[15:09:45] Ari Keränen_web_398 leaves the room
[15:09:53] Quynh Dang_web_668 joins the room
[15:11:19] Jiayi Liu_web_601 leaves the room
[15:11:35] Yangtao Deng_web_536 joins the room
[15:12:25] Yangtao Deng_web_536 leaves the room
[15:12:42] Stefan Santesson_web_463 leaves the room
[15:14:11] <Dave Thaler_web_949> capability negotiation is useful for the countersigner in my example
[15:14:43] Mališa Vučinić_web_375 leaves the room
[15:15:05] <mcr> Yes, it's about quantum resistance.
[15:15:28] <mcr> And the observation that HSS-LMS may actually take less code and run faster in the end. but, harder to implement for author, because immature tooling.
[15:15:30] <Ira McDonald_web_647> Possibly a dumb question, but why ECDSA rather than EdDSA (which ITS IEEE 1609 systems are shifting to)?
[15:15:41] <mcr> Ira, because of hardware offloads available.
[15:16:02] <David Brown_web_180> I have some vague memory of PSA requiring RSA3072.
[15:16:08] <mcr> EdDSA could become a SHOULD in the future, and in IPsec terms, I'd make EdDSA a MAY+
[15:17:09] <mcr> Please someone come up with a nice way to say HSS-LMS. (HiSS-LaMiSs...)
[15:17:22] Brad Gorman_web_267 joins the room
[15:17:32] <Brendan Moran_web_246> Only in Python...Hisss...
[15:17:51] <mcr> Parsetongue.
[15:17:56] <mcr> Parseltongue.
[15:18:03] <Brendan Moran_web_246> Parsertongue?
[15:18:40] Brad Gorman_web_267 leaves the room
[15:19:07] mcr begins to re-interpret Harry Potter world as being some kind of post-quantum distopia, where PQC calculations are done by snakes.
[15:19:23] <Roman Danyliw_web_111> The initial review of the new SUIT chartered is scheduled for the 2021-12-02 IESG telechat
[15:19:45] <Dave Thaler_web_949> thanks Severable Snape
[15:20:41] <mcr> 0xA5 has high number of bit reversals.
[15:22:09] Michael StJohns_web_667 leaves the room
[15:22:55] John Border_web_446 leaves the room
[15:23:17] Wei Pan_web_855 leaves the room
[15:23:21] Wei Pan_web_504 joins the room
[15:23:33] Mike StJohns leaves the room
[15:24:23] Jafar Shafaeddin_web_804 joins the room
[15:27:27] Peter Koch_web_583 leaves the room
[15:27:45] <Brendan Moran_web_246> "Severable Snape" :ok_hand: that was golden
[15:27:46] Craig Pearce_web_572 leaves the room
[15:28:06] Craig Pearce_web_254 joins the room
[15:28:45] Yuji Suga_web_323 joins the room
[15:28:54] <Ira McDonald_web_647> These docs should be WG adopted - YES
[15:28:56] <mcr> draft-ietf-rats?
[15:29:18] <Ken Takayama_web_831> I'm maintaining libcsuit which partially support multiple manifest processors(dependency). It will also support integrated dependencies soon.
[15:29:31] <mcr> I don't object, please adopt them directly as they are split out.
[15:29:37] <Brendan Moran_web_246> @ken: Awesome!
[15:29:51] <mcr> (Thank you for asking for objections. We don't need an adoption call)
[15:30:16] Scott Fluhrer_web_832 leaves the room
[15:30:46] Michael Richardson_web_644 leaves the room
[15:30:50] Göran Selander_web_937 leaves the room
[15:30:50] Adam Wiethuechter_web_189 leaves the room
[15:30:50] Yuji Suga_web_323 leaves the room
[15:30:51] Roman Danyliw_web_111 leaves the room
[15:30:52] Chris Lemmons_web_254 leaves the room
[15:30:52] Ken Takayama_web_831 leaves the room
[15:30:57] Ines Robles_web_431 leaves the room
[15:30:58] Kuniyasu Suzaki_web_298 leaves the room
[15:30:58] Korry Luke_web_596 leaves the room
[15:30:59] Geraldo Júnior_web_803 leaves the room
[15:30:59] Haywood Gelman_web_939 leaves the room
[15:31:03] Oliver Borchert_web_742 leaves the room
[15:31:04] Behcet Sarikaya_web_327 leaves the room
[15:31:04] David Brown_web_180 leaves the room
[15:31:05] Steffen Fries_web_117 leaves the room
[15:31:18] Michael Hollyman_web_943 leaves the room
[15:31:21] <Hannes Tschofenig_web_628> Bye
[15:31:26] Ira McDonald_web_647 leaves the room
[15:31:29] Wei Pan_web_504 leaves the room
[15:31:30] Yuji Suga_web_985 joins the room
[15:31:30] Koen Zandberg_web_568 leaves the room
[15:31:32] Jen Hufford_web_629 leaves the room
[15:31:32] Brendan Moran_web_246 leaves the room
[15:31:36] Juan-Carlos Zúñiga_web_414 leaves the room
[15:31:36] David Waltermire_web_795 leaves the room
[15:31:37] Takahiko Nagata_web_954 leaves the room
[15:31:37] Akira Tsukamoto_web_361 leaves the room
[15:31:38] Tsukasa OI_web_211 leaves the room
[15:31:39] Masashi Kikuchi_web_844 leaves the room
[15:31:59] Michael Rosa_web_981 leaves the room
[15:32:04] Jim Reid_web_480 leaves the room
[15:32:08] Yuji Suga_web_985 leaves the room
[15:32:16] Carsten Bormann_web_382 leaves the room
[15:32:19] Michael Breuer_web_865 leaves the room
[15:32:28] Craig Pearce_web_254 leaves the room
[15:32:38] Geng-Da Tsai_web_196 joins the room
[15:32:41] Henk Birkholz_web_134 leaves the room
[15:33:05] Chonggang Wang_web_711 leaves the room
[15:33:10] Hannes Tschofenig_web_628 leaves the room
[15:33:13] Russ Housley_web_498 leaves the room
[15:33:20] Ching-Heng Ku_web_406 leaves the room
[15:33:20] Tobia Castaldi_web_754 leaves the room
[15:33:20] Kohei Isobe_web_420 leaves the room
[15:33:20] Dave Thaler_web_949 leaves the room
[15:33:20] Paul Watrobski_web_640 leaves the room
[15:33:20] afregly@verisign.com_web_209 leaves the room
[15:33:20] A Paventhan_web_864 leaves the room
[15:33:20] Erik Nordmark_web_966 leaves the room
[15:33:20] Alessandro Toppi_web_289 leaves the room
[15:33:20] Rikard Höglund_web_927 leaves the room
[15:33:20] Quynh Dang_web_668 leaves the room
[15:33:20] Geng-Da Tsai_web_196 leaves the room
[15:33:20] Jafar Shafaeddin_web_804 leaves the room
[15:55:57] Meetecho leaves the room
[15:58:20] BEHCET SARIKAYA leaves the room
[18:12:29] mcr leaves the room
[18:24:09] alexamirante leaves the room