Tuesday, November 8, 2022< ^ >
RjS has set the subject to: STIR Interim
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

[13:07:11] <zulipbot> (Tobia Castaldi) test
[13:07:37] <zulipbot> (Paolo Saviano) ack
[13:09:16] <zulipbot> (Ben Campbell) Thanks to Jack for taking notes!
[13:22:47] <zulipbot> (Ben Campbell) meetecho: Our monitor is saying it's about to shutdown due to lack of activity. How do we stop it?
[13:23:25] <zulipbot> (Lorenzo Miniero) Ben: do you mean the confidence monitor?
[13:23:55] <zulipbot> (Ben Campbell) The one on the floor
[13:24:08] <zulipbot> (Lorenzo Miniero) I'll notify the AV team
[13:24:34] <zulipbot> (Ben Campbell) thanks, wasn't sure if the meetecho laptop was running it or something else
[13:25:48] <zulipbot> (Russ Housley) The monitor in this room says that "There was no operation performed for a long time. Shutdown?"  We do not know how to tell the monitor not to shutdown...
[13:27:02] <zulipbot> (Ben Campbell) and it's dead now
[13:27:50] <zulipbot> (Lorenzo Miniero) I've pinged the AV team, they should be on their way soon
[13:28:03] <zulipbot> (Ben Campbell) thanks
[13:29:03] <zulipbot> (Russ Housley) Fixed.  Thanks.
[13:29:04] <zulipbot> (Ben Campbell) Yay, it's back!
[13:30:43] <zulipbot> (Richard Barnes) all these fancy telco features (diversion and whatnot) were clearly a mistake
[13:30:59] <zulipbot> (Richard Barnes) /me starts drafting SIPbis charter
[13:31:47] <zulipbot> (Ben Campbell) It's not material to Jon's point--but some carriers do STIR at the edge and other in the core. But they do mostly do it by API vs SIP routing
[13:43:04] <zulipbot> (Jack Rickard) I can't hear any of that.
[13:43:17] <zulipbot> (Jack Rickard) (People not at mics)
[13:44:23] <zulipbot> (Ben Campbell) JDR said (not at mic) that this isn't going to work for [banks?] TFA. They will want other identity checks. [Or something to that effect]
[13:53:10] <zulipbot> (Jack Rickard) I'd appreciate it if someone could fix Chris' comment at the mic in the minutes as I didn't really hear it.
[13:53:58] <zulipbot> (Ben Campbell) Fluffy said (not at mic): From the bottom of my list I will get right on that
[13:55:16] <zulipbot> (Jack Rickard) Names at mic please!
[14:09:27] <zulipbot> (Richard Barnes) wow, i seem to recall having this same conversation the last time the IETF was in London
[14:13:36] <zulipbot> (Ben Campbell) This is Russ speaking
[14:14:18] <zulipbot> (Richard Barnes) and me
[14:15:46] <zulipbot> (Richard Barnes) i would note that in addition to the RTT, there's a privacy cost to OCSP.  and you get that benefit from stapling even if you have the AS do the fetch at call time
[14:16:56] <zulipbot> (Jonathan Lennox) You could presumably also do it hybrid - pre-fetch staples for those numbers that you think are likely to be making calls.
[14:17:10] <zulipbot> (Richard Barnes) yep
[14:19:14] <zulipbot> (Richard Barnes) NO COLLUSION
[14:25:06] <zulipbot> (Richard Barnes) Good point Jack
[14:25:51] <zulipbot> (Richard Barnes) Not super sympathetic to the AS privacy concerns, since a privacy-conscious AS can always just use more granular certs
[14:26:17] <zulipbot> (Ben Campbell) that's chris
[14:29:55] <zulipbot> (Murray Kucherawy) Chairs: I missed the first few minutes of doc status and whatnot; are you waiting on anything from me?  I think I cleared my backlog.
[14:30:47] <zulipbot> (Ben Campbell) @Murray: I don't think so. 3 drafts on 12/1 telechat, right?
[14:31:21] <zulipbot> (Murray Kucherawy) Yes, though I'm surprised they got on that one since it was mostly full already.  There's a slim chance they'll get kicked out by one, but that's still December.
[14:31:56] <zulipbot> (Ben Campbell) Understood--I don't think it is critical which one. I expect the sec ADs might need to spend some time on RCD
[14:32:09] <zulipbot> (Murray Kucherawy) Good enough for me.
[14:32:22] <zulipbot> (Richard Barnes) But the AS privacy properties are better with short-lived certs!  As Jack pointed out