Friday, April 22, 2022< ^ >
alexamirante has set the subject to: STIR at IETF 112
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

[13:50:08] Arleen Elliott_web_818 joins the room
[13:52:42] Ben Campbell_web_969 joins the room
[13:53:38] Jon Peterson_web_834 joins the room
[13:53:57] <Jon Peterson_web_834> hi
[13:55:01] Ben Campbell_web_969 leaves the room
[13:55:05] Ben Campbell_web_975 joins the room
[13:56:04] Russ Housley_web_325 joins the room
[13:56:20] Jack Rickard_web_318 joins the room
[13:56:27] hala.mowafy@ericsson.com_web_303 joins the room
[13:57:21] Norbert Angell_web_479 joins the room
[13:57:54] <Russ Housley_web_325> Hi.  Does anyone know how to set the topic that shows at the top of this window in Meetecho?
[13:58:17] Robert Sparks_web_128 joins the room
[13:58:27] <Jon Peterson_web_834> /topic STIR interim Apr 2022
[13:58:31] <Jon Peterson_web_834> not that way heh
[13:59:42] <Ben Campbell_web_975> I only see 3 slide decks when I try to share files. Is there a trick to load the rest? All show up on the materials tab (after I refreshed)
[14:00:09] <Ben Campbell_web_975> ... er, when I try to share _slides_
[14:00:12] Chris Wendt_web_980 joins the room
[14:02:25] <Robert Sparks_web_128> setting/manage slides?
[14:03:01] <Robert Sparks_web_128> I see seven decks ready to be shared
[14:03:07] <Jon Peterson_web_834> can i have some AOB time?
[14:03:13] <Jon Peterson_web_834> for the cert freshness docs
[14:03:56] Alec Fenichel_web_638 joins the room
[14:05:10] <Robert Sparks_web_128> /topic STIR Interim
[14:05:53] RjS joins the room
[14:06:06] Mary Barnes_web_907 joins the room
[14:06:44] RjS has set the subject to: STIR Interim
[14:07:20] <Ben Campbell_web_975> I've lost audio
[14:08:15] Ben Campbell_web_975 leaves the room
[14:08:19] Ben Campbell_web_716 joins the room
[14:18:41] <Ben Campbell_web_716> i missed the privacy text entirely--will look
[14:20:18] <RjS> yes\
[14:21:23] RjS leaves the room
[14:24:53] <Robert Sparks_web_128> (and the number of spam calls received during STIR meetings goes up by one)
[14:25:15] <Ben Campbell_web_716> I just got a spoofed MMS :-)
[14:27:47] <Chris Wendt_web_980> i've been getting a lot of spam text messages these days, need a solution for that :p
[14:29:28] <Ben Campbell_web_716> This was a group MMS with a large apparent recipient list. I wonder if they are trying to use reply-all as an amplification.
[14:31:01] <Chris Wendt_web_980> Yeah i and others in my family got those also, and then everyone replies "STOP"
[14:36:25] Jon Peterson_web_834 leaves the room
[14:36:29] Jon Peterson_web_476 joins the room
[14:44:20] <Ben Campbell_web_716> That downref is going to trigger the recurring IESG "does approving a downref mean the dependency should go on the  okay-to-downref list" :-)
[14:46:10] <Russ Housley_web_325> That is a long list:
[14:50:50] <Robert Sparks_web_128> Hi Alec - I liked the "we built this" soundbite and would like to see it captured in the right place in the notes - if you're willing, please edit it in (at
[14:55:16] <Alec Fenichel_web_638> Hey Robert, sure, let me get the link to the explanation of how it worked and I'll add it to the notes
[14:59:51] <Alec Fenichel_web_638> :)
[15:15:50] <Ben Campbell_web_716> I tried to make a comment while muted, but it's not worth going back for. But it may be we could come up with something that would survive some levels of incompetence if not malice. E.g. if a SIP interconnect cannot carry Identity headers due to message size problems, it might be willing to pass through a small header or parameter value.
[15:16:16] <Alec Fenichel_web_638> Robert, I'm not sure what to edit in the notes.
[15:16:58] <Robert Sparks_web_128> alec - don't fret it.
[15:17:47] <Ben Campbell_web_716> The share slide UX is not conducive to quickly finding the next deck.
[15:18:14] <Robert Sparks_web_128> when we get to the shepherd writeup of this doc, theres a "are there any known implementations" question we'll have to answer. We can simply say "yes", but keep your eye out at last call and see if you want to add anything to that writeup
[15:18:43] <Jack Rickard_web_318> Alec just stick the link somewhere near the OOB header and I'll stick it somewhere sensible
[15:18:45] <Ben Campbell_web_716> That's because some of our work anti-spam work is starting to have an effect for voice--so spammers move to text.
[15:18:53] <Norbert Angell_web_479> +1 on the massive amounts of stupid messages recently...
[15:19:11] <Russ Housley_web_325> Yes.  I wish you could load them all in the order that they are in the folder, and then NEXT through them
[15:26:50] <Robert Sparks_web_128> foo had a passport 6 months ago but not now
[15:30:05] <Norbert Angell_web_479> Alec just said "New phone, who dis?"
[15:30:31] <Alec Fenichel_web_638> Haha
[15:35:24] <Russ Housley_web_325> +1.  Don't wait for MLS to progress this document
[15:37:56] <Norbert Angell_web_479> +1 need to start taking the next steps
[15:49:05] <Alec Fenichel_web_638> I think we should allow OCSP for revocation of any delegate certificate. I think we should require OCSP stapling. Staples in the PASSporT header.
[15:54:34] <Alec Fenichel_web_638> Jack, I can't edit the notes for OOB, here is the link:
[15:56:50] <Chris Wendt_web_980> Yes, i also agree for delegate certs we should do OCSP/stapling + short lived so +1 from me
[15:57:04] <Mary Barnes_web_907> Yes.
[15:57:14] <Alec Fenichel_web_638> Jon, I agree on exploring both short lived and OCSP. I think OCSP staples need to be in the PASSporT or the Identity header as a parameter on the PASSporT. There could be multiple PASSporTs signed with different certificates, so a separate SIP header would make identifying which one goes with which
[15:58:37] <Alec Fenichel_web_638> I think we need to consider Certificate Transparency. Anyone interested in working on this?
[15:58:56] <Jon Peterson_web_476> yeah we need ct
[15:59:07] <Jack Rickard_web_318> Jon, I need a title for that in the minutes!
[15:59:10] <Jon Peterson_web_476> we've need ct for a while
[15:59:20] <Jon Peterson_web_476> jack for what?
[15:59:23] <Alec Fenichel_web_638> Jon, let me know if you want to collaborate!
[15:59:28] <Jon Peterson_web_476> just all this talk cert freshness
[15:59:33] <Jack Rickard_web_318> The presentation you just gave, I can't think of a simple title
[15:59:34] <Jon Peterson_web_476> def alec let's talk offline
[15:59:38] Russ Housley_web_325 leaves the room
[15:59:39] <Ben Campbell_web_716> bye
[15:59:44] Ben Campbell_web_716 leaves the room
[15:59:58] <Jon Peterson_web_476> ok bye
[15:59:59] Chris Wendt_web_980 leaves the room
[16:00:02] Jon Peterson_web_476 leaves the room
[16:00:05] hala.mowafy@ericsson.com_web_303 leaves the room
[16:00:07] Robert Sparks_web_128 leaves the room
[16:00:08] Arleen Elliott_web_818 leaves the room
[16:00:11] Mary Barnes_web_907 leaves the room
[16:00:33] Alec Fenichel_web_638 leaves the room
[20:19:28] Norbert Angell_web_479 leaves the room
[20:19:28] Jack Rickard_web_318 leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd - robust, scalable and extensible XMPP server Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!