IETF
siprec@jabber.ietf.org
Friday, March 7, 2014< ^ >
stpeter has set the subject to: SIPREC WG | http://tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[11:38:59] Tobia Castaldi joins the room
[11:39:12] Paolo Saviano joins the room
[11:47:03] Paolo Saviano leaves the room
[11:51:31] Michael Yan joins the room
[11:51:56] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: SIPREC Working Group
[11:52:28] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Note Well
[11:52:41] <Michael Yan> hi
[11:52:52] <Tobia Castaldi> hi Michael
[11:52:56] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Logistics
[11:53:02] <Michael Yan> hi Tobia
[11:53:18] <Tobia Castaldi> can you hear and see the room?
[11:53:25] <Michael Yan> yea
[11:53:30] <Michael Yan> use flash
[11:53:32] <Tobia Castaldi> perfect!
[11:53:34] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Agenda
[11:53:42] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: Working Group Status
[11:53:54] Rosen, Brian joins the room
[11:54:04] <Rosen, Brian> I will be jabber scribe
[11:54:17] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: Charter Update
[11:54:54] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 7: Milestones
[11:56:32] <Michael Yan> tea...:-)
[11:57:00] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: Charter Update
[11:57:31] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 7: Milestones
[11:57:37] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: Charter Update
[11:59:27] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentation stopped
[11:59:37] Jonathan Lennox joins the room
[12:00:24] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: Session Recording (SIPREC) Protocol
[12:00:26] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Status
[12:00:53] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Section 7.1.3. Recording preference in C
[12:01:46] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Section 9. Metadata
[12:02:54] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: Open Issue #1– Lossless Recording
[12:04:56] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: Open Issue #2 – FIR vs. SIP INFO
[12:11:44] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 7: Next Steps
[12:13:49] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentation stopped
[12:14:23] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: SIPREC Recording Metadata for SRS (draft
[12:14:26] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Agenda
[12:15:09] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Changes from Previous version
[12:15:55] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Next steps
[12:19:26] Parthasarathi Ravindran joins the room
[12:21:46] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentation stopped
[12:22:26] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: (draft-kyzivat-siprec-conference-use-cas
[12:22:27] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Goals for today
[12:22:38] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Updates to SIPREC Charter
[12:22:41] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Proposed Additions to Milestones
[12:23:33] <Michael Yan> LOL..
[12:27:19] <Michael Yan> not matter SDP or metadata...just work for the seperate from the main video stream to recorders
[12:30:37] <Michael Yan> the metadata is not used for describe the details of conferences
[12:33:31] Parthasarathi Ravindran leaves the room
[12:33:35] Parthasarathi Ravindran joins the room
[12:35:38] Parthasarathi Ravindran leaves the room
[12:35:57] Parthasarathi Ravindran joins the room
[12:36:58] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: Next Steps
[12:39:13] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: Use Cases Draft draft-kyzivat-siprec-con
[12:39:20] pm joins the room
[12:39:57] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 7: draft-kyzivat-siprec-conference-use-case
[12:45:02] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 8: draft-kyzivat-siprec-conference-use-case
[12:45:50] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 9: Recording Screen/App/Doc Sharing Using V
[12:46:29] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 10: MSRP Recording: draft-yan-siprec-msrp-re
[12:47:21] <Michael Yan> BFCP is important and needed in some time...maybe discussed in metadata of conf recording. but it would be too complicated to talk about it recently
[12:47:35] <Jonathan Lennox> Michael: do you want this relayed to the mic?
[12:47:55] tomkrist joins the room
[12:48:34] <Michael Yan> thanks... the network from my side is not good to speak.
[12:50:30] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 11: draft-yan-siprec-msrp-recording-00 Issue
[12:53:19] <Michael Yan> option #2 would be my prefer..;-) coz it is not need as real-time as audio/video
[12:54:02] <Michael Yan> Jonathan: would the people in room read the message here?
[12:54:16] <Jonathan Lennox> I have relayed it at the mic
[12:55:07] <Michael Yan> thx
[12:58:51] pm leaves the room
[12:58:56] pm joins the room
[13:00:56] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentation stopped
[13:01:22] <Michael Yan> welcome to have others to share useful cases for msrp recording...thx
[13:01:31] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: “Lossless” recording in SIPREC
[13:01:44] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: “Lossless” statement in SIPREC
[13:02:14] pm leaves the room
[13:03:48] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: What is “Lossless” to customer
[13:03:53] <Rosen, Brian> We have the emergency service case = we are now deploying MSRP based Instant Messaging (and SMS interworked to MSRP) to emergency call centers (PSAPs).  All "calls" to emergency services are recorded.  We need to record these MSRP conversations
[13:04:58] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: “Lossless” Use Case
[13:05:00] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: SRS failure SIP (covered)
[13:07:46] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: SRS Failure RTP (Lossless?)
[13:07:53] <Michael Yan> Brian: thx all lot for the details. I present this case in the doc as 'exchange of text between hearing-impaired users and emergence service bureaus'. I hope this gets the point.
[13:11:31] <Rosen, Brian> Sure although we expect many more text exchanges with hearing persons who prefer to text
[13:11:41] <Rosen, Brian> rather than cal
[13:11:43] <Rosen, Brian> call
[13:11:46] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 7: SRS Failure RTP (Good and bad)
[13:12:55] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 8: SRS Failure RTP (Options)
[13:12:58] tomkrist leaves the room
[13:13:01] tomkrist joins the room
[13:13:36] <Michael Yan> definitely. And I know in some special case people need to send a pre-recorded file to emergency service for he can't speak when facing criminal...this leads to MSRP file recording. but Paul and I thought this is just an corner case that we drop it.
[13:13:46] tomkrist leaves the room
[13:14:20] <Parthasarathi Ravindran> MIC: rtp-duplication shall be indicated in SIPREC protocol draft
[13:14:46] <Michael Yan> thus we need more discussion about the cases for MSRP recording...after meeting
[13:14:59] <Parthasarathi Ravindran> MIC: Buffering n SRC is not acceptable.
[13:16:06] <Michael Yan> buffering in SRC is not allowed in arch document i think...not directly
[13:18:10] tomkrist joins the room
[13:21:37] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentation stopped
[13:21:37] Jonathan Lennox leaves the room
[13:21:52] <Tobia Castaldi> bye guys
[13:21:55] <Tobia Castaldi> the session is over
[13:22:15] <Michael Yan> but mechanism for HA recording is need in my mind
[13:22:39] Parthasarathi Ravindran leaves the room
[13:22:48] <Tobia Castaldi> sorry but we are going to close the meetecho session too
[13:22:54] <Michael Yan> ok
[13:23:00] <Michael Yan> thanks Tobia
[13:23:02] <Tobia Castaldi> time to come back home for the meetecho team :)
[13:23:14] <Michael Yan> I'll talk in maillist
[13:23:16] <Tobia Castaldi> you are welcome
[13:23:17] <Michael Yan> byebye
[13:23:25] <Tobia Castaldi> see you next time on meetecho
[13:23:27] <Tobia Castaldi> oh...
[13:23:45] <Tobia Castaldi> obviously the recording of this session will be available asap
[13:23:55] <Tobia Castaldi> on www.meetecho.com/ietf89/recordings
[13:23:58] <Michael Yan> thx
[13:24:00] <Tobia Castaldi> bye bye
[13:24:05] <Michael Yan> bye
[13:25:09] Michael Yan leaves the room
[13:26:02] Tobia Castaldi leaves the room
[13:34:41] Rosen, Brian leaves the room
[13:36:45] tomkrist leaves the room
[22:07:08] Jonathan Lennox joins the room
[22:19:47] Jonathan Lennox leaves the room