IETF
siprec@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, 28 July 2011< ^ >
stpeter has set the subject to: SIPREC WG | http://tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/
Room Configuration

GMT+0
[19:18:25] MeetechoAudioFeed joins the room
[19:20:20] MeetechoAlessandro joins the room
[19:20:45] rkbowen joins the room
[19:20:50] burn joins the room
[19:22:17] MeetechoSlides joins the room
[19:22:24] <burn> I am your jabber relay
[19:22:44] stpeter joins the room
[19:22:55] <burn> if you are remote and want me to bring a comment to the mic, please precede your comment with "mic:"
[19:22:57] <MeetechoSlides> Slide 4: Agenda (times relative to start)
[19:23:09] <MeetechoSlides> Slide 5: Working Group status
[19:23:58] patrick Mourot joins the room
[19:24:20] <MeetechoSlides> Slide 6: Working Group status (cont.)
[19:24:22] danwing joins the room
[19:24:30] <MeetechoSlides> Presentation stopped
[19:24:41] hildjj joins the room
[19:25:27] kpfleming joins the room
[19:25:36] <burn> *is* anyone monitoring remotely?
[19:26:23] <MeetechoSlides> Slide 3: Changes from Previous version
[19:26:28] <MeetechoSlides> Slide 4: Metadata Model
[19:26:39] <MeetechoSlides> Slide 5: Changes to linkages in the model
[19:26:42] <MeetechoSlides> Slide 6: Metadata Model: Communication Session Gr
[19:26:45] Simon Romano joins the room
[19:27:14] Hadriel Kaplan joins the room
[19:27:34] martin.thomson joins the room
[19:27:49] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[19:27:53] <MeetechoSlides> Slide 7: Metadata Model: Participant
[19:28:06] <burn> any objections on jabber?
[19:28:09] <burn> none in room
[19:29:39] <MeetechoSlides> Meetecho session is at http://www.meetecho.com/ietf81/
[19:29:48] <MeetechoSlides> siprec
[19:30:04] <MeetechoSlides> http://www.meetecho.com/ietf81/siprec
[19:30:14] <burn> if you are monitoring remotely and have an objection to something the Chairs ask about, indicate it and I will relay.
[19:31:46] <burn> Charles Eckel at mic
[19:31:59] bpenfield joins the room
[19:33:00] <burn> ?? at mic
[19:33:42] <burn> Henry Lum?? at mic
[19:34:00] <MeetechoAlessandro> yes
[19:34:08] <MeetechoAlessandro> Henry Lum
[19:34:37] <burn> Hadriel Kaplan at mic
[19:35:01] suzukisn joins the room
[19:35:26] <martin.thomson> OK, so I'm looking at the XML schema in this metadata doc and I'm wondering whether anyone has validated it ever
[19:36:03] <burn> Paul Kyzivat at mic
[19:36:27] <martin.thomson> Otherwise, this is very nicely structured
[19:36:53] <Hadriel Kaplan> Martin:you mean validated with a schema?
[19:37:18] <MeetechoSlides> Slide 8: Metadata Model: Participant
[19:37:22] <martin.thomson> validated with a schema aware parser, like xerces or a specific schema validator, like xjc
[19:37:50] <Hadriel Kaplan> i don't think we usually verify the schemas nor use them to verify example docs until later, since they change frequently in early stages (but i could be wrong)
[19:38:04] <martin.thomson> I also see a tendency to use xs:string, which is a bad item (TM), unless whitespace is important to you
[19:38:29] <martin.thomson> sure, but when it hasn't been validated, then it means that noone has implemented it
[19:38:35] <burn> Paul Kyzivat at mic
[19:39:13] <martin.thomson> (BTW I'm including this feedback here, becuase I'm too lazy to subscribe to another WG list)
[19:39:30] <Hadriel Kaplan> i was about to say take it to the list :)
[19:39:55] <martin.thomson> Use of the form <xs:pattern value="complete|partial"/> is bad for language mappings. Please use <xs:enumeration value="complete"/><xs:enumeration value="partial"/>
[19:40:34] <martin.thomson> and don't include schemaLocation in a specification
[19:40:48] Adam Roach joins the room
[19:41:14] <burn> Leon Portman at Mic
[19:41:51] <burn> Hadriel Kaplan at mic
[19:44:14] Yoshikazu GOTO joins the room
[19:44:18] <burn> Keith Drage at mic
[19:45:23] <MeetechoSlides> Slide 9: Metadata Model : Participant
[19:46:24] Yoshikazu GOTO leaves the room
[19:47:09] <burn> Hadriel Kaplan at mic
[19:47:24] Adam Roach leaves the room
[19:47:42] roni_even joins the room
[19:48:04] hildjj leaves the room: Disconnected.
[19:48:04] hildjj joins the room
[19:49:23] <burn> Adam Roach at mic
[19:49:29] roni_even leaves the room
[19:50:32] <burn> Paul Kyzivat at mic
[19:52:01] Adam Roach joins the room
[19:52:27] <MeetechoSlides> Slide 10: Metadata Model: Participant
[19:54:36] <burn> Charles Eckel at mic
[19:55:30] <burn> Paul Kyzivat at mic
[19:57:11] <burn> Hadriel Kaplan at mic
[19:57:34] Dan Burnett joins the room
[19:59:04] <burn> Charles Eckel at mic
[19:59:32] <MeetechoSlides> Slide 11: Metadata Model: Media Stream
[20:00:07] <MeetechoSlides> Slide 12: Metadata Model: Media Stream
[20:01:49] <burn> Paul Kyzivat at mic
[20:03:49] <burn> Leon Portman at mic
[20:04:35] <MeetechoSlides> Slide 13: Metadata model : Media Stream
[20:04:38] <MeetechoSlides> Slide 14: Metadata format: Unique ID format option
[20:05:15] <burn> Leon Portman at mic
[20:05:31] Bob Penfield joins the room
[20:06:39] <burn> Paul Kyzivat at mic
[20:08:00] Bob Penfield leaves the room
[20:09:59] <burn> Henry Lum is next presenter
[20:12:00] <MeetechoAlessandro> Slide 4: Changes since last revision (2)
[20:12:19] <burn> Alessandro, are you able to change the name of the presenter in Meetecho to be the actual presenter, or will it always use the name of the person running Meetecho? Right now, for example, you are listed as the presenter.
[20:12:24] <MeetechoAlessandro> Slide 5: Changes since last revision (3)
[20:12:38] <MeetechoAlessandro> Slide 6: Changes since last revision (4)
[20:13:00] <MeetechoAlessandro> Slide 7: Issues (1)
[20:13:45] <MeetechoAlessandro> Dan, the Meetecho presenter is the person who handles slides triggering...
[20:14:19] <burn> Leon Portman at mic
[20:14:47] Adam Roach leaves the room
[20:16:30] <burn> Hadriel Kaplan at mic
[20:17:08] <burn> Adam Roach at mic
[20:17:23] David Vossel joins the room
[20:18:50] <burn> Adam Roach again
[20:19:38] <burn> Hadriel Kaplan at mic
[20:19:55] David Vossel leaves the room
[20:20:08] <burn> Charles Eckel at mic
[20:20:09] Adam Roach joins the room
[20:20:13] Adam Roach leaves the room
[20:21:17] Joshua Colp joins the room
[20:21:29] <burn> Paul Kyzivat at mic
[20:21:39] hildjj leaves the room: Disconnected.
[20:21:55] hildjj joins the room
[20:23:06] <burn> Leon Portman at mic
[20:23:18] <burn> Hadriel Kaplan at mic
[20:24:10] <burn> Ram at mic
[20:25:37] <MeetechoAlessandro> Slide 8: Issues (2)
[20:26:28] <burn> Hadriel Kaplan at mic
[20:26:58] <MeetechoAlessandro> Slide 9: Issues (3)
[20:27:06] <hildjj> to be clear, that statement about XMPP isn't strictly true, but it doesn't really matter.
[20:27:57] <burn> Adam Roach at mic
[20:29:27] <burn> Hadriel Kaplan at mic
[20:29:46] <burn> Paul Kyzivat at mic
[20:30:20] hildjj leaves the room: Disconnected.
[20:30:43] <burn> (general exclamations of "that won't work" in the room)
[20:30:51] <burn> Adam Roach
[20:31:24] <burn> Andrew Hutton at mic
[20:31:40] <MeetechoAlessandro> Slide 10: Issues (4)
[20:33:19] <burn> Hadriel Kaplan at mic
[20:33:43] <burn> Paul Kyzivat at mic
[20:35:04] <burn> Andrew Hutton at mic
[20:35:59] <burn> Hadriel Kaplan at mic
[20:37:13] <MeetechoAlessandro> Slide 11: Other changes pending
[20:37:24] <MeetechoAlessandro> Slide 12: Next Steps
[20:37:34] <MeetechoAlessandro> Presentazione interrotta
[20:37:41] <burn> Charles Eckel is the next presenter
[20:37:59] <MeetechoAlessandro> Slide 1: Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) Recom
[20:38:35] <MeetechoAlessandro> Slide 2: Purpose
[20:39:20] <MeetechoAlessandro> Slide 3: Contents
[20:39:49] <MeetechoAlessandro> Slide 4: Issue 1: RFC 2119 Language
[20:40:37] <MeetechoAlessandro> Slide 5: Issue 2: SRC Positioning
[20:41:29] <MeetechoAlessandro> Slide 6: Issue 3: Roles – Translator/Mixer/Endp
[20:42:53] Adam Roach joins the room
[20:43:19] <burn> Roni Even at mic
[20:43:35] martin.thomson leaves the room
[20:44:37] hildjj joins the room
[20:46:03] <MeetechoAlessandro> Slide 7: Issue 4: Single vs. Multiple SDES Packet
[20:46:48] <MeetechoAlessandro> Slide 8: Issue 5: FIR vs. PLI
[20:47:20] patrick Mourot leaves the room
[20:48:06] <MeetechoAlessandro> Slide 9: Issue 5: FIR vs. PLI (cont)
[20:48:43] <burn> Still Roni Even at mic
[20:49:16] <burn> Hadriel Kaplan at mic
[20:49:28] <MeetechoAlessandro> Slide 8: Issue 5: FIR vs. PLI
[20:51:40] <burn> Roni Even at mic
[20:52:36] <burn> Hadriel Kaplan at mic
[20:53:09] <burn> Roni Even at mic
[20:53:27] martin.thomson joins the room
[20:53:28] <burn> Roni and Hadriel at mic talking and nodding
[20:53:32] martin.thomson leaves the room
[20:55:23] <MeetechoAlessandro> Slide 9: Issue 5: FIR vs. PLI (cont)
[20:55:47] <MeetechoAlessandro> Slide 10: Issue 6: Symmetric RTP/RTCP
[20:56:55] <MeetechoAlessandro> Slide 11: Issue 6: Symmetric RTP/RTCP (cont)
[20:57:34] <burn> Gonzalo Camarillo at mic
[20:57:50] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[20:58:20] <burn> Hadriel Kaplan at mic
[20:59:57] <MeetechoAlessandro> Slide 12: Thank You
[21:00:47] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[21:01:43] <burn> Hadriel Kaplan at mic
[21:02:02] Adam Roach leaves the room
[21:03:03] tcastaldi joins the room
[21:04:00] rkbowen leaves the room
[21:06:05] Simon Romano leaves the room
[21:06:05] Dan Burnett leaves the room
[21:06:06] Hadriel Kaplan leaves the room
[21:06:15] suzukisn leaves the room
[21:06:24] tcastaldi leaves the room
[21:06:25] burn leaves the room
[21:06:31] <MeetechoAlessandro> Presentazione interrotta
[21:06:33] MeetechoAlessandro leaves the room
[21:06:42] kpfleming leaves the room
[21:06:54] MeetechoAudioFeed leaves the room
[21:06:59] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[21:07:45] Joshua Colp leaves the room
[21:08:55] bpenfield leaves the room
[21:09:40] hildjj leaves the room: Disconnected.
[21:16:29] danwing leaves the room
[21:18:07] MeetechoSlides leaves the room
[21:44:00] martin.thomson joins the room
[21:44:29] hildjj joins the room
[21:46:38] martin.thomson leaves the room
[21:47:25] hildjj leaves the room
[22:20:39] Hadriel Kaplan joins the room
[22:20:41] Hadriel Kaplan leaves the room
[22:25:28] stpeter leaves the room