IETF
sidr
sidr@jabber.ietf.org
Friday, August 2, 2013< ^ >
sandy has set the subject to: http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/trac/wiki/InterimMeeting20120929
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[04:57:46] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[06:19:25] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[06:19:27] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[06:58:19] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[07:03:35] Dan York joins the room
[07:21:56] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[08:05:27] Dan York joins the room
[08:05:42] Dan York has set the subject to: SIDR at IETF 87
[08:12:16] Dan York joins the room
[08:12:45] Dan York leaves the room
[08:50:19] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[08:56:57] Dan York leaves the room
[09:00:54] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[09:13:42] Juan-Pedro Cerezo Martin joins the room
[09:13:46] Juan-Pedro Cerezo Martin leaves the room
[09:15:01] oleg@ripe.net joins the room
[09:16:51] sra joins the room
[09:16:53] David Mandelberg joins the room
[09:20:38] Juan-Pedro Cerezo Martin joins the room
[09:22:12] Andrew Chi joins the room
[09:23:20] weiler joins the room
[09:23:29] lepinski joins the room
[09:23:58] <lepinski> Welcome
[09:24:01] Benno Overeinder joins the room
[09:24:39] <lepinski> Slides: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/87/slides/slides-87-sidr-2.pdf
[09:25:37] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[09:25:38] <lepinski> Proposed Change to RFC6486
[09:26:03] <lepinski> Rationale Slide
[09:26:36] <sra> Matt: slide numbers are easier :)
[09:26:52] <weiler> 3
[09:26:53] <lepinski> :->
[09:27:31] <sra> I support this change
[09:27:32] <lepinski> Steve Kent: Agrees with suggestions
[09:27:50] <lepinski> Steve Kent: This is not an errata this needs to be an update (or an obsoletes)
[09:28:34] <lepinski> Steve Kent: Do you think it would be useful to write an informational document on advice to CAs and RPs. I would be happy to collaborate with you
[09:29:25] <weiler> sk: including, e.g. guidance to RPs to do data collection based on manifests
[09:29:54] <sra> My comment applied to Tim's proposed change; I have no strong opinion on Steve's proposal of info doc
[09:29:58] <lepinski> Slides: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/87/slides/slides-87-sidr-13.pdf
[09:30:06] <sra> Not opposed, just no strong opinion
[09:30:29] <lepinski> Slide 2
[09:30:32] <weiler> 2
[09:31:16] <lepinski> How is the remote audio?
[09:31:25] <sra> Very good today
[09:31:26] <weiler> anyone notice that jabber.ietf.org is v4-only?
[09:31:26] <lepinski> Slide 3
[09:31:48] <lepinski> SLide 4
[09:32:25] <lepinski> Slide 5
[09:33:19] <lepinski> Slide 6
[09:33:24] <lepinski> <speaker change>
[09:33:49] <lepinski> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/87/slides/slides-87-sidr-14.pptx
[09:34:05] <sra> Is there PDF?
[09:34:27] <lepinski> Slide 1
[09:34:33] <lepinski> err ... Already on Slide 11
[09:34:43] <Andrew Chi> slide 10
[09:34:45] <lepinski> I can't find a PDF
[09:35:08] <sra> I've probably seen this tool before anyway :)
[09:35:15] sra leaves the room
[09:35:32] <lepinski> Also, the slide numbers in the uploaded slides are different than the slide numbers in the speaker's slides
[09:35:56] sra joins the room
[09:37:00] sra leaves the room
[09:37:37] sra joins the room
[09:37:53] sra leaves the room
[09:38:06] sra joins the room
[09:38:17] sra leaves the room
[09:38:22] Dan York joins the room
[09:39:01] Rob Austein joins the room
[09:39:32] Rob Austein leaves the room
[09:39:52] sra joins the room
[09:39:56] <lepinski> We are back to this slide deck:  http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/87/slides/slides-87-sidr-13.pdf
[09:40:22] <lepinski> Slide #8
[09:40:31] <sra> That was really weird.  Jabber stopped showing anything while Benno was talking.  How did powerpoint do that? :)
[09:40:40] Benno Overeinder leaves the room
[09:41:11] <lepinski> Slide 10
[09:42:05] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[09:42:13] <lepinski> I missed the speaker name
[09:42:30] <Andrew Chi> Andrei (missed last name)
[09:42:44] <lepinski> Tai Ji?
[09:42:56] <Andrew Chi> Taiji Kimura (JPNIC)
[09:43:16] <lepinski> Thanks
[09:44:28] <lepinski> Randy's slides: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/87/slides/slides-87-sidr-4.pdf
[09:44:30] Benno Overeinder joins the room
[09:45:06] <sra> Can't hear Randy
[09:45:31] <lepinski> Slide #2
[09:45:42] <sra> Better, thanks
[09:50:48] <lepinski> Arturo
[09:51:02] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[09:51:38] <lepinski> Carlos speaking
[09:52:07] <lepinski> Steve speaking
[09:52:46] <lepinski> Randy and Steve having a conversation at the Mic
[09:53:36] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[09:54:27] <lepinski> Randy away from the mic: Origin ops is sitting in front of the IESG
[09:54:49] <lepinski> Michael: Agree with Steve, we need more guidelines documentation
[09:55:07] <lepinski> I missed the name (representative from Orange)
[09:55:39] <lepinski> Comment: Need more time information on propogation of data through the RPKI
[09:56:01] <lepinski> Mathias
[09:56:52] <lepinski> Taiji speaking
[09:58:31] <lepinski> About 4 hands doing Longitudinal (across time) data collection
[09:58:47] <lepinski> Sriram speaking
[09:59:06] <lepinski> Carlos speaking
[09:59:42] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[10:00:27] <lepinski> Slides: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/87/slides/slides-87-sidr-11.pdf
[10:00:31] <sra> Expiration time would have to follow entire chain to be useful
[10:00:41] <lepinski> Slide 1
[10:01:05] <lepinski> Slide 2
[10:01:14] <lepinski> Slide 3
[10:01:53] <lepinski> Slide 4
[10:02:56] <lepinski> Slide 5
[10:03:30] <lepinski> Slide 6
[10:04:07] <lepinski> Slide 7
[10:04:33] <lepinski> Slide 8
[10:05:11] <lepinski> Rob, do you want that relayed?
[10:05:14] <lepinski> Slide 9
[10:05:24] <sra> No, was minor comment on previous preso
[10:05:32] <lepinski> <nod>
[10:05:42] <lepinski> Slide 10
[10:06:48] <lepinski> Slide 11
[10:08:10] <sra> How many rsync connections per client synchronizing?
[10:08:18] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[10:08:22] <sra> Ie are we talking flat repository, hierarchical repository, ...?
[10:10:26] <sra> Hierarchical, tahnks
[10:10:32] <sra> Same question
[10:11:16] <sra> Then it was hierarchical :)
[10:11:25] <sra> Thank you, he answered my question
[10:12:12] <sra> It's HOW MANY RSYNC CONNECTIONS THAT MATTER here
[10:12:33] <lepinski> Do you want that relayed?
[10:12:36] <sra> Apparently we need better terminology.  rsync has per-connection overhead
[10:12:46] <sra> No, just people not understanding my question :)
[10:13:10] <lepinski> I agree
[10:13:14] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[10:15:55] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[10:16:15] <sra> I don't think anybody does: fetch datum, check it, didn't like what one got, fetch it again.  At least not all in one validation pass.  WIll retry later, of course, but if what you got was corrupt, not much point in asking same question again
[10:17:00] <lepinski> Slides: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/87/slides/slides-87-sidr-3.pdf
[10:17:10] <lepinski> Slide 2
[10:17:44] <lepinski> Slide 3
[10:18:31] Juan-Pedro Cerezo Martin leaves the room
[10:18:42] <lepinski> Slide 4
[10:18:43] Juan-Pedro Cerezo Martin joins the room
[10:19:06] <lepinski> Slide 5
[10:20:02] <lepinski> Steve Kent at the microphone
[10:21:24] <sra> We're experimenting with manifest nextUpdate.  Has some entertaining properties
[10:21:57] <sra> Mostly, one realy pays for it if one gets the nextUpdate wrong, have to whack manually to recover in reasonable time.
[10:22:17] <lepinski> relay?
[10:22:22] <sra> Yes please
[10:23:40] <sra> NB: Comment above applies to chosing too long an interval before nextUpdate
[10:26:06] Dan York joins the room
[10:28:54] <lepinski> I believe a demo is about to happen for which we have no slides
[10:28:57] <sra> I assume that demo will not be visible here in remoteland :)
[10:29:04] <lepinski> That is my impression :-<
[10:29:51] Dan York leaves the room
[10:30:32] <sra> Just lost audio.  Probably dropped due to nominal session break
[10:30:41] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[10:30:57] <sra> Yep, restarting stream worked
[10:31:12] <lepinski> Good, so you have audio now
[10:31:39] <lepinski> rpki.surfnet.nl demo
[10:32:46] <sra> Which tab (top bar of web display) are we on?
[10:33:37] <lepinski> LOoking at Top 10
[10:33:48] <sra> tnx
[10:34:00] <Andrew Chi> rpki.surfnet.nl/top500.php
[10:34:02] <lepinski> Just moved to http://rpki.surfnet.nl/top500.php
[10:35:24] <lepinski> End of Demo on to the next presentation
[10:35:51] <lepinski> Slides: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/87/slides/slides-87-sidr-7.pdf
[10:36:38] <sra> No Geoff on audio
[10:36:40] <sra> better
[10:36:46] <lepinski> Slide 2
[10:37:33] <lepinski> Slde 3
[10:37:50] <lepinski> Slide 4
[10:38:18] <lepinski> Slide 5
[10:38:37] <lepinski> Slide 6
[10:39:13] <lepinski> Slide 7
[10:39:36] <lepinski> Slide 8
[10:39:52] <lepinski> Slide 9
[10:40:10] <lepinski> Slide 10
[10:40:17] <lepinski> 11
[10:40:21] <sra> Adding new stuff comes down from the top.  Removing old stuff rolls up from the bottom unless you want to be very very mean.  Yes, we have known this for years :)
[10:40:32] <lepinski> <nod>
[10:40:38] <lepinski> Slide 13
[10:41:03] <lepinski> Slide 14
[10:41:36] Wes George joins the room
[10:42:03] <sra> What Goeff is suggesting is in essence to remove RFC 3779 resources from definition of certificate validity.
[10:42:05] <lepinski> Slide 15
[10:42:26] <lepinski> @SRA: Yes, I believe that is the case
[10:42:38] <lepinski> Slide 16
[10:43:02] <lepinski> Steve is queued at the mic, if there is anything you want to say that Steve doesn't say I am happy to relay
[10:43:03] <Andrew Chi> well, no, it's changing the question to valid *for X*
[10:43:06] <sra> 5-10 years for deployed copies of OpenSSL to catch up :)
[10:43:07] <lepinski> Slide 17
[10:43:18] <lepinski> Slide 18
[10:43:28] <lepinski> Slide 19
[10:43:57] <lepinski> @Andrew: What rob is saying is that the RFC 3779 definitions for validity are ignored under Geoff's proposal
[10:44:08] <lepinski> Slide 10
[10:44:12] <Andrew Chi> ok, yeah
[10:44:16] <sra> Yep
[10:45:27] <sra> Steve is not audible
[10:45:39] <sra> Well, just barely
[10:46:11] <sra> There is no such thing as simultaneous :)
[10:46:25] <sra> That's good
[10:47:46] <weiler> rob: is that better?
[10:47:48] <sra> Yes
[10:47:49] <weiler> can you here ruediger?
[10:47:57] <sra> yes I can hear rv
[10:48:05] <lepinski> Do you need anything relayed on this topic?
[10:48:06] <weiler> s/here/hear/.  good.
[10:48:33] <weiler> I can't believe no one fixed that audio issue earlier in the week....
[10:48:59] <sra> Software deployment time for library that everybody but Java  code uses might be an issue :)
[10:49:23] <sra> Ie OpenSSL RFC 3779 code has shipped, is not going to be updated quickly no matter what WG says.
[10:50:55] <sra> Not sure I understand what "right to use these resources" means under Geoff's proposal.  Am sure that I can't argue this effectively thogh a Jabber channel :)
[10:51:06] Benno Overeinder leaves the room
[10:51:31] <sra> s/thogh/through/
[10:52:02] <sra> Getting an ISP off of a prefix they are using is not easy either, guys
[10:53:51] <lepinski> relay to the mic?
[10:55:00] <sra> You mean "right to use"?  Yeah, might as well.  Sort of covered by Steve's observations about RFC 3779 but different slant perhaps
[10:58:31] <lepinski> Slides: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/87/slides/slides-87-sidr-10.pdf
[10:59:22] Dan York leaves the room
[11:00:30] <lepinski> Slide 2
[11:01:55] <lepinski> Slide 3
[11:02:19] <lepinski> Slide 4
[11:02:38] <lepinski> Slide 5
[11:03:59] <lepinski> Slide 6
[11:04:20] <lepinski> Slide 7
[11:04:23] <lepinski> Slide 8
[11:04:33] <lepinski> (Slide 7 basically skipped)
[11:06:38] Dan York joins the room
[11:06:41] <lepinski> Michael speaking at the mic
[11:08:27] <Andrew Chi> What's Michael's last name? (for the minutes)
[11:08:46] <lepinski> I don't know
[11:08:56] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[11:09:00] <lepinski> We'll ambush him after the meeting
[11:09:42] <lepinski> For the minutes: Mickael Meulle
[11:09:51] <lepinski> Sandy's Slide: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/87/slides/slides-87-sidr-12.pptx
[11:10:10] <sra> No PDF?  Last PPT whacked Jabber, still don't know how :)
[11:10:21] <lepinski> Blame Sandy
[11:10:26] <lepinski> Slide 2
[11:12:13] <sra> Slide 4, right?
[11:12:16] <Andrew Chi> Rob, I converted to PDF and emailed it to you
[11:12:20] <lepinski> Yes
[11:12:23] <lepinski> Slide 4
[11:12:28] <sra> Thanks Andrew.
[11:12:51] <lepinski> (sorry, I shouldn't try to jabber scribe when sleep deprived)
[11:13:12] <lepinski> Slide 5
[11:14:24] <lepinski> Slide 6
[11:15:59] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[11:16:10] <lepinski> Slide 7
[11:16:57] <sra> (Matt, you don't get to complain about sleep deprivation, this meeting started at 05:20 :)
[11:17:01] <lepinski> Slide 8
[11:17:07] <lepinski> Yeah, I am impressed!
[11:17:33] <sra> I am but a humble student of Geoff in such matters.  Only time I ever heard him complain was when IAB monthly call was scheduled to start at 02:00 for him.
[11:17:49] <lepinski> :->
[11:18:02] <sra> And complaint was just "Um, 01:00 or 03:00 would be better, 02:00 just ruins two whole days"
[11:18:09] <lepinski> End of presentation
[11:19:11] <lepinski> <salute to dedication>
[11:23:04] <sra> Slide # ?
[11:23:59] <Andrew Chi> 7
[11:24:10] <sra> tnx
[11:27:51] <Andrew Chi> Who was that (for the minutes?)
[11:28:22] <weiler> this is John Scudder
[11:28:23] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[11:28:27] <Andrew Chi> no, previous
[11:30:17] <lepinski> Make sure the draft names end up in the minutes
[11:30:24] <lepinski> Drafts for which the chair is requesting review
[11:32:42] <Wes George> one is draft-ietf-sidr-as-migration
[11:33:01] weiler leaves the room
[11:33:04] Wes George leaves the room
[11:33:15] <sra> Thanks all
[11:33:30] lepinski leaves the room
[11:33:37] sra leaves the room
[11:36:08] Dan York leaves the room
[11:50:21] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[11:52:38] Andrew Chi leaves the room
[11:58:33] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[12:00:31] Dan York joins the room
[12:00:55] Dan York leaves the room
[12:07:28] oleg@ripe.net leaves the room
[12:15:02] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[12:15:59] oleg@ripe.net joins the room
[12:16:09] oleg@ripe.net leaves the room
[12:18:34] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[12:27:24] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[12:38:45] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[13:19:21] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[13:21:37] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[13:32:26] Juan-Pedro Cerezo Martin leaves the room
[13:37:11] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[13:39:44] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[21:00:42] Juan-Pedro Cerezo Martin joins the room
[21:15:56] Juan-Pedro Cerezo Martin leaves the room