IETF
sidr
sidr@jabber.ietf.org
Wednesday, July 31, 2013< ^ >
sandy has set the subject to: http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/trac/wiki/InterimMeeting20120929
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[12:59:14] Juan-Pedro Cerezo Martin joins the room
[13:01:29] Andrew Chi joins the room
[13:09:57] oleg@ripe.net joins the room
[13:12:08] Warren Kumari joins the room
[13:12:28] <Warren Kumari> Good amrning / afternoon / evening. I'll be your Jabber scribe today....
[13:12:50] mike joins the room
[13:13:10] <Warren Kumari> Please let me know if you need more details, etc. I type less than awesomely, but will do m best.
[13:13:14] <Warren Kumari> We are starting....
[13:13:42] danyork joins the room
[13:13:47] <Warren Kumari> Oh, we have 2 jabber scribes. I'll be the monkey that takes your questions to the mic then....
[13:14:12] <danyork> Warren Kumari: are you referring to me?
[13:14:14] weiler joins the room
[13:14:51] <Warren Kumari> Yup, think so!
[13:15:02] <danyork> I *did* volunteer to jabber scribe :-)
[13:15:22] <danyork> Your help with the second mic would be awesome
[13:15:25] <Warren Kumari> Yay. Morrowc said: "someone else signed up for jabber scribe..so you are off the hook." — thank you….
[13:15:40] sra joins the room
[13:15:43] <Warren Kumari> And your jabber skills are WAY better than mine, so it all works out….
[13:15:59] <danyork> Slide 6: WG Draft Status
[13:16:52] <danyork> Slides are at: http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/87/slides/slides-87-sidr-6.pdf
[13:17:30] <danyork> Slide 7 - WG Draft Status (cont'd)
[13:19:18] <danyork> Slide 8 - WG Draft Status (cont'd)
[13:21:00] <danyork> Slide 9
[13:21:29] <danyork> Next up - Stephen Kent - http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/87/slides/slides-87-sidr-0.pdf
[13:22:13] <danyork> Do we have remote attendees?
[13:22:15] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[13:22:15] David Mandelberg joins the room
[13:22:30] <sra> Speak into the microphone please
[13:22:41] <mike> yes (at least one very sleepy one)
[13:22:49] <danyork> sra: Are you not hearing Steve?
[13:22:52] <sra> Correct
[13:23:07] <danyork> sra - can you hear him?
[13:23:09] <Warren Kumari> Better?
[13:23:10] <sra> Very faint
[13:23:12] tim joins the room
[13:23:19] <sra> Speak into the microphone steve
[13:23:23] <Warren Kumari> "Can you hear him now"?
[13:23:35] <sra> a bit better thanks
[13:23:51] <danyork> Slide 2
[13:23:57] Roque Gagliano joins the room
[13:24:13] <danyork> Slide 3 - Another Local TA Motivation
[13:24:57] Eimann joins the room
[13:25:16] Eimann is now known as Dominik Bay
[13:25:19] <danyork> Slide 4 - Why LTAM v2?
[13:26:03] <danyork> FYI, the draft being discussed is: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidr-ltamgmt-08
[13:26:24] <danyork> Slides are at http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/87/slides/slides-87-sidr-0.pdf
[13:27:03] <danyork> Slide 5 - A New Model
[13:27:15] Arturo Servin joins the room
[13:27:35] Carlos M. Martinez joins the room
[13:27:50] <danyork> Summary: focus is only on ROAs
[13:29:34] <danyork> Slide 6 - Adverse ROA Changes
[13:29:48] <danyork> - ROA Whacking
[13:29:54] <danyork> - ROA Competition
[13:30:54] <danyork> Slide 7 - Design Criteria
[13:33:46] <danyork> Slide 8 - Self-Monitoring of ROAs
[13:34:18] <danyork> Slide 9 - Publishing External Data
[13:34:50] tim leaves the room
[13:35:27] amreesh.phokeer joins the room
[13:35:32] <danyork> Slide 10  - The Tough Case
[13:36:35] <danyork> Slide 11 - What Could RPs do?
[13:36:58] Juan-Pedro Cerezo Martin leaves the room
[13:38:23] <danyork> Slide 12 - Solution Outline - Data
[13:39:48] <danyork> Slide 13 - Solution Outline - Processing
[13:40:13] <danyork> Remote participants, please preface anything you want relayed to the mic with "mic:"
[13:40:44] <weiler> has this appeared on the list at all?
[13:40:50] <weiler> or is this the first airing of it?
[13:41:02] <danyork> And please *do* ask questions as Warren Kumari has volunteered to be the "mic monkey" relaying questions
[13:41:27] <danyork> Slide 15: More Stuff To Do
[13:41:45] <Warren Kumari> Sam: Want me to relay this at the mic?
[13:41:50] <weiler> no.
[13:42:01] <weiler> I want someone to answer it here.
[13:42:05] <Warren Kumari> That's what I guessed, but checking….
[13:42:06] <weiler> Andrew?
[13:42:22] <danyork> Questions?
[13:42:29] <danyork> People queuing
[13:42:38] <danyork> Roque Gaglinano at mic
[13:42:46] <Warren Kumari> Any remove questions?
[13:42:51] <Warren Kumari> s/remove/remote/
[13:43:04] <sra> Comments: [1] I want to see the draft.  [2] I like that we are not having to identify resource holders by SKI.  [3] I am concerned by corner cases but will hold objections until I see a spec :)
[13:43:24] <danyork> Steve - Plan is to abandon what was done before.
[13:43:55] <sra> More detail on [3]: at the moment we don't have a lot of guidance about what to do when new mechanism detects discrepancy
[13:44:07] <danyork> Warren is at mic relaying question from sra
[13:44:33] <sra> What should implementors do?
[13:44:37] <sra> What should routers do?
[13:44:44] <danyork> Rüdiger Volk at mic
[13:45:09] <sra> Code cannot call up phone number and chat with person who answers to make self happy :)
[13:46:12] <sra> SKI concern with old LTA:  SKI changes whenever somebody rekeys.  Having to maintain a hand edited local database of SKIs that correspond to critical resources is very very very fragile.
[13:46:28] <sra> So I hope new LTA does not depend on magic knowledge of SKIs.
[13:47:19] <danyork> Sam Weiler at mic
[13:47:23] <Warren Kumari> @SRA: Want me to relay at mic?
[13:47:33] <sra> Only if you think what I'm saying makes sense :)
[13:48:44] <sra> Better, thanks
[13:48:50] Benno Overeinder joins the room
[13:49:07] <Warren Kumari> Apologes to both you and Sam :-)
[13:49:13] <weiler> accepted.  :-)
[13:49:16] <danyork> Randy Bush at mic
[13:49:40] <danyork> Randy asked if anything was the same from the draft
[13:49:56] <danyork> (Steve answered that 2 of x items were the same)
[13:50:21] <danyork> Randy - this is another publication mechanism and this is a path we shouldn't go down
[13:50:50] <weiler> we don't need a "document".  a rough email would help.....
[13:50:55] <danyork> Arturo Servin at mic
[13:51:07] <danyork> Arturo - this could be useful
[13:51:53] <danyork> Tim (?) at mic
[13:51:55] <danyork> Carlos Martinez-Cagnazzo at mic
[13:52:05] <danyork> Carlos - this IS a problem worth solving
[13:52:50] <danyork> Doug Montgomery at mic
[13:53:08] <weiler> warren: but thank you for offering to relay for me, too.  :-)
[13:53:39] <sra> heh, thanks doug
[13:53:53] <danyork> Doug - if an attacker can change the ROA, why can't they change the LOCK record?
[13:54:58] <sra> Steve seems to be saying that persistent URLs help here
[13:55:33] <Warren Kumari> Personal comment (because mic is closed) — having a differnt name for the LOCK record would be good. There is already a LOC record in the DNS.
[13:55:58] <Warren Kumari> :-P
[13:56:05] <sra> Absence of excessive cutenes in record names would generally be appreicated, but IETF has problems with this in general, look at WG name cuteness
[13:56:26] <weiler> warren: and you expect these RR's to be stored in the DNS?  <duck>
[13:57:28] <danyork> Randy Bush at mic - can you please not use Comic Sans?
[13:58:09] <danyork> Eric Osterweil briefly at mic saying he wants to see a draft but, I believe, said he is interested in the approach
[13:58:21] <danyork> Next slides: http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/87/slides/slides-87-sidr-1.pdf
[13:58:31] <danyork> Roque Gagliano speaking
[13:58:40] <danyork> Slide 2 - Recap
[13:58:42] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[13:59:46] <danyork> Slide 3 - TAL Changes
[14:00:18] <danyork> Slide 4 - Testing existing resolvers
[14:01:07] <danyork> Slide 5 Testing Results
[14:01:31] <sra> Speaking as author of rcynic, this is a little surprising, as I never intentionally implemented this :)
[14:02:01] russ joins the room
[14:02:02] <Warren Kumari> SRA: Shall I relay?
[14:02:19] <sra> Sure :)
[14:03:05] <danyork> (Personal comment - my head is still spinning thinking about security challenges with the previous presentation... )
[14:03:21] <sra> Mine too, but not well enough specified for me to feel I have an informed opinion
[14:03:29] <danyork> exactly
[14:03:37] <danyork> Slide 6 - Conclusions and next steps
[14:04:05] <danyork> Warren at mic relaying sra
[14:04:11] <danyork> Rüdiger Volk at mic
[14:06:36] <danyork> Tim (Bruijnzeels?) at mic
[14:08:00] <danyork> Andy Newton at mic
[14:08:04] <sra> The only way I can see my current code having accepted this is if the OpenSSL Base64 decoder just quietly ignores the extra URIs because they dont' parse as Base64.  Which I guess is possible.
[14:08:13] Carlos M. Martinez leaves the room
[14:08:21] <danyork> Randy Bush at mic
[14:10:05] <danyork> Arturo Servin at mic
[14:10:39] John Scudder joins the room
[14:11:15] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[14:11:42] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[14:11:54] <danyork> And... we're out of time...
[14:11:59] John Scudder leaves the room
[14:12:17] Arturo Servin leaves the room
[14:12:24] weiler leaves the room
[14:12:28] russ leaves the room
[14:12:29] Carlos M. Martinez joins the room
[14:12:40] David Mandelberg leaves the room
[14:12:59] sra leaves the room
[14:13:10] danyork leaves the room
[14:13:19] Warren Kumari leaves the room
[14:13:36] amreesh.phokeer leaves the room
[14:17:39] Andrew Chi leaves the room
[14:17:59] danyork joins the room
[14:18:44] Carlos M. Martinez leaves the room
[14:18:45] Benno Overeinder leaves the room
[14:23:49] danyork leaves the room
[14:25:57] Warren Kumari joins the room
[14:35:47] Warren Kumari leaves the room
[14:38:01] mike leaves the room
[14:40:59] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[14:46:38] Warren Kumari joins the room
[14:48:06] Roque Gagliano leaves the room
[14:50:48] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[14:57:55] Warren Kumari leaves the room
[15:13:31] Roque Gagliano joins the room
[15:13:47] Roque Gagliano leaves the room
[15:13:49] Roque Gagliano joins the room
[15:16:54] oleg@ripe.net leaves the room
[15:36:12] Arturo Servin joins the room
[15:49:42] Warren Kumari joins the room
[15:54:49] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[15:55:11] Carlos M. Martinez joins the room
[15:57:42] russ joins the room
[16:00:18] Carlos M. Martinez leaves the room
[16:25:49] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[16:26:38] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[16:31:26] Benno Overeinder joins the room
[16:34:32] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[17:02:04] Roque Gagliano leaves the room
[17:06:10] Arturo Servin leaves the room
[17:32:02] russ leaves the room
[17:44:25] Benno Overeinder leaves the room
[17:47:42] Dominik Bay leaves the room
[18:13:41] russ joins the room
[18:24:15] Warren Kumari leaves the room
[18:28:35] oleg@ripe.net joins the room
[18:34:42] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[18:35:02] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[18:46:09] russ leaves the room
[19:01:40] Warren Kumari joins the room
[19:56:59] Warren Kumari leaves the room
[20:01:54] Warren Kumari joins the room
[20:12:34] Warren Kumari leaves the room
[21:50:27] oleg@ripe.net leaves the room
[21:59:02] Warren Kumari joins the room
[21:59:55] Warren Kumari leaves the room
[22:22:09] oleg@ripe.net joins the room
[22:29:05] oleg@ripe.net leaves the room
[22:55:45] oleg@ripe.net joins the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!