IETF
sidr
sidr@jabber.ietf.org
Friday, 9 November 2012< ^ >
sandy has set the subject to: http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/trac/wiki/InterimMeeting20120929
Room Configuration

GMT+0
[10:21:34] p.krishnaswamy.ietf joins the room
[10:25:32] p.krishnaswamy.ietf leaves the room
[13:17:55] danyork joins the room
[13:51:26] Simon Romano joins the room
[13:52:05] Meetecho Audio SIDR joins the room
[13:53:09] Randy Bush joins the room
[13:53:25] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[13:57:59] Arturo Servin Ü joins the room
[13:58:59] jpc joins the room
[14:00:23] <Simon Romano> Slide 1: SIDR Working Group
[14:00:29] <Simon Romano> Current presenter: Chairs
[14:00:30] <Simon Romano> Slide 1: SIDR Working Group
[14:00:43] <Randy Bush> audio stream?
[14:00:59] <Randy Bush> just went on
[14:01:18] <Simon Romano> It should be there. Did you try to connect?
[14:01:21] <danyork> Yep, jus hearing it now.
[14:01:31] <Randy Bush> right channel only.
[14:01:36] <Randy Bush> quality ok
[14:01:38] <danyork> Sounds good
[14:01:59] Tobia Castaldi joins the room
[14:02:08] <danyork> Is the Meetecho session up?
[14:02:11] Wes George joins the room
[14:02:17] <Lorenzo Miniero> yep
[14:02:56] <Simon Romano> Do you see the first slide?
[14:03:19] <Wes George> meetecho.com/ietf85/sidr is telling me meeting not open yet
[14:03:36] <danyork> I can't get into the meetecho session
[14:03:39] <Randy Bush> "see?"
[14:03:46] <danyork> Yep, same error Wes sees
[14:04:01] <Simon Romano> Just activating the link...
[14:04:16] <Wes George> couldn't we open these sessions before the meeting starts so that people can get in and get set up a few minutes before?
[14:04:18] <Simon Romano> One second and we're up and running.
[14:04:44] <Tobia Castaldi> try now
[14:04:45] <Simon Romano> It's active now.
[14:04:51] Wesley George joins the room
[14:04:56] <Wes George> yep
[14:05:19] DanY joins the room
[14:05:33] <Wes George> streaming is working too
[14:05:51] kv0spam joins the room
[14:05:55] Wes George leaves the room
[14:06:07] <Randy Bush> "Error joining room" for meetecho
[14:06:20] <Simon Romano> Randy, you gotta choose a different nick
[14:06:28] <Simon Romano> You're already in the jabber room.
[14:06:42] <Simon Romano> Meetecho also logs you into it.
[14:06:59] dseomn joins the room
[14:07:12] <Lorenzo Miniero> for a version with no Jabber room you can open this link instead http://atlanta.conf.meetecho.com/WebLite/event.jsp?w=sidr
[14:07:12] <danyork> Yeah, I'm "danyork" here via my Jabber client and "DanY" via MeetEcho.
[14:07:17] <Simon Romano> Are you all set now?
[14:07:35] <Simon Romano> We know you're those two people :-)
[14:07:47] <Simon Romano> You've been with us the whole week...
[14:08:16] <Simon Romano> @Randy: are you ok, now?
[14:08:17] <Lorenzo Miniero> and probably deserve a prize :)
[14:08:29] <Randy Bush> meetecho stuffed a cookie in browser and now says foad. i will be happy with this stream
[14:08:33] mike joins the room
[14:08:51] <Randy Bush> please tell sandy that a lot of slide decks missing from web agenda
[14:09:04] juan p. cerezo joins the room
[14:09:55] <Simon Romano> Done...
[14:09:58] Sean Turner joins the room
[14:10:16] <Lorenzo Miniero> Randy the other link I gave you will work fine, and you can keep on using your jabber client, http://atlanta.conf.meetecho.com/WebLite/event.jsp?w=sidr
[14:10:26] <danyork> You sound find on the audio stream
[14:10:36] <Simon Romano> :-)
[14:10:51] Iain Phillips joins the room
[14:11:08] <Tobia Castaldi> Randy, have a look at this page http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/85/slides/slides-85-sidr.html
[14:11:10] <kv0spam> done, she believes things are good, but will check again
[14:11:14] <Simon Romano> Slide 2: Any submission to the IETF intended by t
[14:11:19] <Randy Bush> http://tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/agenda?item=agenda-85-sidr.html
[14:12:06] <Wesley George> here seems to have them: https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/85/materials.html#wg-sidr
[14:12:15] <Simon Romano> Slide 3: IPR
[14:12:21] <Wesley George> cause you know, why have one page when you can have 3?
[14:12:29] <Wesley George> triple redundancy *rolleyes*
[14:12:34] <Simon Romano> Slide 4: Resources
[14:12:34] <danyork> :-)
[14:12:49] <Simon Romano> Slide 5: Administrivia
[14:12:51] Roque Gagliano joins the room
[14:12:59] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[14:13:47] jgs joins the room
[14:13:47] Andrew Chi joins the room
[14:13:48] Michael Baer joins the room
[14:14:04] <Sean Turner> if you can't hear and you're remote say something here!
[14:14:05] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[14:14:17] <Simon Romano> :-)
[14:14:46] <Simon Romano> Slide 6: Agenda
[14:14:57] Alex Amirante joins the room
[14:16:02] <Wesley George> tell sandy I'm here and ready for whenever
[14:16:10] <Wesley George> mainly just a matter of making sure audio works
[14:16:11] weiler joins the room
[14:16:20] <Simon Romano> Slide 7: Agenda
[14:16:22] <Simon Romano> Slide 8: WG Draft Summary
[14:16:23] <Roque Gagliano> anyone having problems with meetecho? I get a "Error joining room:" message
[14:16:53] <Simon Romano> Rogue: PLEASE CHOOSE A DIFFERENT NICK WHEN JOINING MEETECHO, IF YOU'RE ALREADY IN THE JABBER ROOM
[14:17:04] <Lorenzo Miniero> forgot the caps on? :)
[14:17:08] <Simon Romano> Presentation stopped
[14:17:23] <Simon Romano> Slide 1: BGPSEC Protocol
[14:17:30] <Simon Romano> Current presenter: Matt Lepinski
[14:17:31] <Simon Romano> Slide 1: BGPSEC Protocol
[14:17:43] Roque joins the room
[14:17:57] <Simon Romano> @Roque: I see it works now ;-)
[14:18:00] <Simon Romano> Slide 2: Status
[14:18:22] <Roque Gagliano> It did thanks
[14:19:00] Roque Gagliano leaves the room
[14:19:03] Jay Borkenhagen joins the room
[14:19:25] <Simon Romano> Slide 3: Pointers
[14:20:03] <Simon Romano> Slide 4: For Possible List Discussion
[14:20:08] Jeffrey Haas joins the room
[14:20:12] Roque leaves the room
[14:20:59] <Simon Romano> Slide 4: For Possible List Discussion
[14:21:00] <Randy Bush> i would like to keep in case brian dickson comes through
[14:21:07] p.krishnaswamy.ietf joins the room
[14:21:31] sandy joins the room
[14:21:32] <Simon Romano> Presentation stopped
[14:22:05] <Simon Romano> Slide 1: ??
[14:22:13] <Simon Romano> Current presenter: Andrew Chi
[14:22:14] <Simon Romano> Slide 1: ??
[14:23:12] Anuja Sonalker_ joins the room
[14:23:43] Jacky Yao11 (Health Yao) joins the room
[14:25:33] <Randy Bush> can we do the tech and save process to later.  it's 23:30 here :)/2
[14:25:47] Rob Austein joins the room
[14:26:01] Benno Overeinder joins the room
[14:26:01] <Simon Romano> Do you want to be relayed?
[14:26:05] <Randy Bush> plz
[14:26:44] <Simon Romano> Waiting in the queue...
[14:27:06] <Simon Romano> To all: please preface with mic: if you want to be relayed in the room
[14:28:41] <Randy Bush> to answer danny, yes, this duiscussion has happened at length
[14:29:41] <Randy Bush> danny was not at the meetings
[14:29:45] hardaker joins the room
[14:30:01] <Simon Romano> Slide 2: ??
[14:30:34] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3
[14:30:44] carlos joins the room
[14:30:45] <hardaker> can someone cut/paste randy's last comment, because I missed it.
[14:30:50] <hardaker> (and don't have a fast log link)
[14:31:02] sonalkera joins the room
[14:31:10] <Simon Romano> [15:26] Simon Romano: To all: please preface with mic: if you want to be relayed in the room
[15:28] Randy Bush: to answer danny, yes, this duiscussion has happened at length
[15:29] Randy Bush: danny was not at the meetings
[14:31:25] <hardaker> thanks.
[14:31:28] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4
[14:31:44] <hardaker> and thanks to the second editor
[14:31:50] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5
[14:32:05] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6
[14:32:15] Roque Gagliano joins the room
[14:32:22] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 8
[14:32:39] Roque joins the room
[14:32:52] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 9
[14:33:24] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 10
[14:33:40] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 11
[14:34:05] CarlosM joins the room
[14:34:11] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 13
[14:34:21] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 14
[14:34:41] CarlosM leaves the room
[14:34:47] <Sean Turner> wohooo go open source!
[14:35:28] <Sean Turner> what no bird slides!?
[14:35:42] <Randy Bush> cat ate birds
[14:36:08] <hardaker> but who ate the fly?
[14:36:28] <hardaker> crap. now I have that song stuck in my head. penance.
[14:36:40] <Rob Austein> Rule #1 for cuddling with big predators: make sure they are well fed before you say "hi"
[14:36:57] <Simon Romano> Slide 1: BGPSEC router key rollover as an alterna
[14:36:57] Jacky Yao11 (Health Yao) leaves the room
[14:37:03] <Simon Romano> Current presenter: Gagliano
[14:37:04] <Simon Romano> Slide 1: BGPSEC router key rollover as an alterna
[14:37:05] <Simon Romano> Slide 2: Summary of draft
[14:37:19] <Randy Bush> presenter is brian weis
[14:37:22] <carlos> I believe the presenter is Brian weiss
[14:37:34] <Simon Romano> Slide 3: Changes in -01
[14:37:34] <Simon Romano> Slide 2: Summary of draft
[14:37:34] <weiler> Rule #2: don't surprise the big predator: http://news.yahoo.com/man-jumps-off-bronx-zoo-train-mauled-tiger-214601880.html
[14:37:50] <Simon Romano> Current presenter: Brian Weiss
[14:37:51] <Simon Romano> Slide 2: Summary of draft
[14:37:51] <Simon Romano> Slide 3: Changes in -01
[14:38:14] <Simon Romano> Slide 4: Questions for the WG
[14:38:26] <Randy Bush> one S in weis
[14:38:35] <Simon Romano> Current presenter: Brian Weis
[14:38:36] <Simon Romano> Slide 4: Questions for the WG
[14:39:01] <Simon Romano> Presentation stopped
[14:39:10] gerardo joins the room
[14:39:21] <Simon Romano> Slide 1: Discussion of Key Rollover Mechanisms fo
[14:39:21] nfiumarelli joins the room
[14:39:37] Darío Gómez - LACNIC joins the room
[14:39:44] <Simon Romano> Current presenter: Siram
[14:39:44] <Simon Romano> Slide 1: Discussion of Key Rollover Mechanisms fo
[14:40:22] <Simon Romano> Slide 2: Purpose of the Document
[14:40:42] p.krishnaswamy.ietf leaves the room
[14:40:45] <jgs> s/Siram/Sriram/
[14:41:11] <Simon Romano> Slide 3: Key Rollover (KR) Method
[14:41:31] p.krishnaswamy.ietf joins the room
[14:42:00] <p.krishnaswamy.ietf> is
[14:42:02] Juan Carlos joins the room
[14:42:12] <Simon Romano> Slide 4: Periodic Key Rollover (PKR)
[14:44:32] Padma Krishnaswamy joins the room
[14:44:53] <Simon Romano> Slide 5: Event-driven Key Rollover (EKR)
[14:44:57] Benno Overeinder leaves the room
[14:45:12] Sofia Silva joins the room
[14:46:18] Sofia Silva leaves the room
[14:47:03] <Simon Romano> Slide 6: EKR-A: EKR where Update Expiry is Enforc
[14:47:15] <Simon Romano> ed by CRL
[14:48:06] <Simon Romano> Slide 7: EKR-B: EKR where Update Expiry is Enforc
[14:48:16] <Simon Romano> ed by NotValidAfter Time
[14:49:51] <Simon Romano> Slide 8: Load Due to BGP and BGPSEC/PKR Periodic
[14:50:06] <Simon Romano> Re-Originations
[14:50:15] <Simon Romano> ...long titles :-(
[14:50:42] sra joins the room
[14:50:49] <Simon Romano> Slide 9: Comparison of PKR vs. EKR: Scenario 1
[14:52:15] <Simon Romano> Slide 10: Comparison of PKR vs. EKR: Scenario 2
[14:53:06] <Simon Romano> Slide 11: Summary of Comparison of PKR vs. EKR: Sc
[14:53:21] <Simon Romano> enarios 2 & 2
[14:54:00] <Simon Romano> Slide 12: Possible PKR
[14:54:13] <Simon Romano> & EKR Co-Existence
[14:54:40] sra leaves the room
[14:56:21] <Simon Romano> Slide 10: Comparison of PKR vs. EKR: Scenario 2
[14:57:33] Michael Elkins joins the room
[14:58:30] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[14:58:49] Padma Krishnaswamy leaves the room
[14:59:54] Padma Krishnaswamy joins the room
[15:02:04] J Borkenhagen joins the room
[15:02:17] <Randy Bush> mic: brian is right
[15:02:42] <Randy Bush> mic: ops doc says advance MUST be done
[15:04:24] J Borkenhagen leaves the room
[15:04:58] J Borkenhagen joins the room
[15:06:34] <Randy Bush> mic: extra announcements do not take more memory, they replace old. but indeed if we wanted to go down beaconing etc, much more real modeling should be done
[15:07:52] J Borkenhagen leaves the room
[15:08:01] Steven M. Bellovin joins the room
[15:08:20] J Borkenhagen joins the room
[15:09:40] <Randy Bush> mic: but beacon discussion is whack-a-mole. we decided against it. done, gone, dead.
[15:11:02] <Simon Romano> Slide 8: Load Due to BGP and BGPSEC/PKR Periodic
[15:12:10] Steven M. Bellovin leaves the room
[15:12:17] Sean Turner leaves the room
[15:12:17] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[15:12:17] jgs leaves the room
[15:12:17] mike leaves the room
[15:12:17] jpc leaves the room
[15:12:17] dseomn leaves the room
[15:12:29] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[15:15:02] <Wesley George> someone else posted on twitter that jabber.org may have died
[15:15:17] <Rob Austein> So why are we seeing this message from Wes?
[15:15:26] <Wesley George> I'm on via meetecho
[15:15:32] <Rob Austein> I think we have more complex problem, some people being kicked off and not able to rejoin, some people fine
[15:15:37] <Lorenzo Miniero> but we attach to the official jabber room
[15:15:50] <Lorenzo Miniero> so if it dies we should go down as well
[15:16:24] <Randy Bush> mic: ospf and is-is both have hello
[15:16:42] jgs joins the room
[15:17:10] <hardaker> the mic line was cut a while ago
[15:17:16] <hardaker> randy's first message was before the mic cut.
[15:17:47] <Anuja Sonalker_> can you see this?
[15:17:52] <weiler> anuja: yes
[15:17:52] <hardaker> yep.
[15:18:01] <weiler> i just opened a ticket.
[15:18:04] <sonalkera> then the jabber server is running
[15:18:12] <jgs> I see it
[15:18:12] <danyork> yes
[15:18:24] <Simon Romano> Presentation stopped
[15:18:33] Wes George joins the room
[15:18:41] <weiler> some of us have seen no problems (me)
[15:18:51] <Rob Austein> Remote presentation from Wes postponed due to technical difficulties
[15:18:54] <Randy Bush> i suspect jabber.org
[15:19:00] <Anuja Sonalker_> this is from the jabber.org
[15:19:01] <sonalkera> and this is from meetecho weblite
[15:19:01] <Rob Austein> Carlos is channeling Roque
[15:19:08] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: Multiple Publication Points
[15:19:10] <Randy Bush> ahhh, thanks anuja
[15:19:16] <Wesley George> java freaked out on me when I tried to fire the voip client
[15:19:19] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: The idea
[15:19:19] <Rob Austein> I am direct from jabber.psg.com to jabber.ietf.org, no problems
[15:19:25] <Wesley George> I can do telephone
[15:19:31] <Wesley George> just let me know when you want me to do it
[15:20:14] <Tobia Castaldi> Wesley we have to check the volume in the room
[15:20:28] <Michael Baer> meetecho is working for me, but jabber.org => jabber.ietf.org does not
[15:20:42] <Tobia Castaldi> so i think the best option is to have youre presentation after the break
[15:20:42] dseomn joins the room
[15:20:46] Wes George leaves the room
[15:20:47] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: RPKI Repository structure fetching tod
[15:20:48] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Proposal:
[15:20:49] <Wesley George> ok
[15:21:14] Steven M. Bellovin joins the room
[15:21:22] mikemlb joins the room
[15:21:26] <Alex Amirante> Wes, please stay online during the break and we'll make the test
[15:21:28] mikemlb leaves the room
[15:21:32] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: Scalable RPKI repository:
[15:21:33] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: Scalable RPKI repository:
[15:21:36] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: Progress since Vancouver
[15:21:36] <Rob Austein> Karen reports unable to connect to room from ISOC's jabber server
[15:21:50] lukekb joins the room
[15:21:58] mikemlb joins the room
[15:22:04] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 7: Moving forward
[15:22:16] <Wesley George> ack. i'll be here
[15:22:19] <mikemlb> jabber seems to be working now
[15:22:51] jpc2 joins the room
[15:24:39] <Randy Bush> mic: as rüdiger says, either the repositories are inconsistent or this does nothing for the helicopters
[15:25:33] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[15:26:54] <Randy Bush> mic: or anycast
[15:27:00] Padma Krishnaswamy leaves the room
[15:27:15] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: Scalable RPKI repository:
[15:27:22] <Arturo Servin Ü> yes, rysinc anycast, good luck with that
[15:27:37] Padma Krishnaswamy joins the room
[15:28:22] Sean Turner joins the room
[15:28:43] <Sean Turner> so I don't know about anybody else in here but I think it's cold in here
[15:28:54] Florencia Bianchi joins the room
[15:28:58] <Sean Turner> the actual meeting room - not the jabber room
[15:29:06] <Tobia Castaldi> +1
[15:29:09] <Karen O'Donoghue> +1
[15:29:19] <jgs> warm(ish) in front.
[15:30:23] <Sean Turner> they turned it down a bit apparently
[15:31:24] Darío Gómez - LACNIC leaves the room
[15:31:46] Dario Gomez joins the room
[15:32:33] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentation stopped
[15:32:44] <gerardo> I think it is wrong not to implement this solution is only for validating complex.
[15:32:55] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[15:32:57] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: PQ of the CP
[15:33:08] <Tobia Castaldi> Current presenter: Andy Newton
[15:33:09] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: PQ of the CP
[15:33:13] <gerardo> I think we should create a more complex and intelegente validator
[15:33:15] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Conspicuous Disclosure
[15:33:27] <Rob Austein> "PQ" == "Policy qualifiers"
[15:33:36] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: AOL’s CPS Pointer
[15:33:39] <Randy Bush> i prefer not to do anything complex, especially in security
[15:33:50] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Digicert’s CPS Pointer
[15:34:38] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: Just One Problem
[15:36:18] Florencia Bianchi leaves the room
[15:37:08] Steven M. Bellovin leaves the room
[15:38:33] <Randy Bush> mic: if you can not give the reasoning behind it, forget it. if it is a legal requirement, the ietf lawyers has not said so
[15:38:36] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentation stopped
[15:38:42] <Roque Gagliano> @Rob, On the previous discusion the draft states that the RP decides on local policies what to do with the list of URLs. Some examples are given, including the "random" option you mentioned at the mike in Section 4.1: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rogaglia-sidr-multiple-publication-points-01#section-4.1
[15:38:57] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: Validation of RPKI objects using a local
[15:39:01] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Problems with current
[15:39:04] <gerardo> I think we have the ability to make a complex validator that works.
[15:39:06] <Tobia Castaldi> Current presenter: Tim
[15:39:06] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Problems with current
[15:39:13] <Karen O'Donoghue> @randy: i missed your mic comment
[15:40:44] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Decoupling object retrieval
[15:40:47] <Sean Turner> back at the PQ in CP discussion - there's all kinds of other "stuff" in certificates normally are we now going to start putting that cruft in too?
[15:40:53] mattlarson joins the room
[15:41:04] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Validation using ‘just objects’
[15:42:12] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: Differences from current RFCs
[15:42:30] <Randy Bush> mic: i do not think anyone has problems with not using objects not in manifest. the requirement to do so just comes from the document, which can be changed. this has little to do with the transport.
[15:42:38] amorris joins the room
[15:42:39] mattlarson leaves the room
[15:43:18] Lesly Bien-Aime joins the room
[15:44:35] <Randy Bush> mic: i was agreeing with you, tim
[15:45:12] amorris leaves the room
[15:45:15] sonalkera leaves the room
[15:45:39] Lesly Bien-Aime leaves the room
[15:46:13] sonalkera joins the room
[15:46:43] Roque Gagliano leaves the room
[15:46:47] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Decoupling object retrieval
[15:46:48] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Validation using ‘just objects’
[15:47:27] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentation stopped
[15:47:28] <Sean Turner> +1 to what Rob said at the mic
[15:47:44] Roque leaves the room
[15:48:18] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: Update on RPKI Validator Testing
[15:48:20] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Outline
[15:48:28] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: IETF 85 Validator Test Setup
[15:48:28] Roque joins the room
[15:48:37] Lesly Bien-Aime joins the room
[15:48:48] <gerardo> @ tim because they find the "CRL" by the name on the manifest?
[15:48:56] Andrei Robachevsky joins the room
[15:49:08] Roque Gagliano joins the room
[15:49:12] <Rob Austein> CRL has AKI extension, sha1 hash of ca pubkey
[15:49:26] <gerardo> @ tim why are not the "CRL" by the name on the manifest
[15:50:48] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Validator Test Results
[15:50:53] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: BBN Validation Run Time Stats
[15:52:03] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: BBN Validation Run Time Stats
[15:52:12] Laureana joins the room
[15:52:56] <Tobia Castaldi> lucky you on meetecho :)
[15:52:57] p.krishnaswamy.ietf leaves the room
[15:53:20] <Tobia Castaldi> in the room the slide are a little bit corrupted
[15:53:43] p.krishnaswamy.ietf joins the room
[15:53:50] Laureana leaves the room
[15:54:20] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 7: BBN Validator Test Harness
[15:55:15] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 8: RPKI Epoch Builder (alpha)
[15:55:57] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 9: Example Test Harness Scenarios
[15:56:26] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 10: Questions?
[15:56:42] <Sean Turner> these slides from BBN are totally lacking the bid pictures
[15:56:46] Luisa Villa joins the room
[15:57:11] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: BBN Validation Run Time Stats
[15:57:33] Benno Overeinder joins the room
[15:57:37] gerardo-phone joins the room
[15:57:52] Andrew Chi leaves the room
[15:57:56] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentation stopped
[15:58:14] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 1: RPKI Origin Validation in real life
[15:58:25] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 2: LACNOG – LACNIC Network
[15:59:35] gerardo-phone leaves the room
[15:59:40] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 3: Motivation
[16:00:08] p.krishnaswamy.ietf leaves the room
[16:00:40] gerardo-phone joins the room
[16:00:45] Padma Krishnaswamy leaves the room
[16:00:52] markk joins the room
[16:01:14] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 4: The RPKI Origin Validation Setup
[16:01:54] gerardo-phone leaves the room
[16:02:18] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 5: Routers CPU utilization
[16:02:53] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 6: Validation IPv4
[16:03:05] p.krishnaswamy.ietf joins the room
[16:03:36] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 7: Validation IPv4
[16:03:43] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 8: Validation IPv6
[16:03:47] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 9: Validation IPv6
[16:04:09] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 10: Our Experience
[16:04:52] <Randy Bush> this is totally boring. which is a very positive thing.
[16:05:24] <Randy Bush> sound just died!!!
[16:05:24] kv0spam leaves the room
[16:05:37] <hardaker> without coming back?
[16:05:40] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 11: THANK YOU !
[16:05:40] <weiler> sound: anyone lese?
[16:05:50] <Randy Bush> not back
[16:05:53] <Lesly Bien-Aime> sound good here
[16:05:53] <jgs> going on break now...
[16:05:54] <danyork> audio stream died?
[16:05:55] <Randy Bush> i am on stream
[16:06:01] <jgs> oh not quite yet
[16:06:06] <Randy Bush> yes, audio stream dead
[16:06:06] markk leaves the room
[16:06:14] <Wesley George> meetecho working
[16:06:17] <Karen O'Donoghue> noted to the room
[16:06:22] <Lorenzo Miniero> Randy try this: rtsp://atlanta.conf.meetecho.com/u22r5ul.sdp
[16:06:36] <sonalkera> karen you hurt my eyes. :)
[16:06:43] <Randy Bush> thank you, that worked
[16:06:47] <danyork> Yes, audio streams are all down: http://nagasaki.bogus.com:8000/status.xsl
[16:06:49] <Lorenzo Miniero> no prob :)
[16:07:12] markk joins the room
[16:07:29] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 5: Routers CPU utilization
[16:07:41] <danyork> No sound out of MeetEcho, either
[16:07:44] <Lesly Bien-Aime> my audio/video is Ok using flash
[16:07:58] <Lesly Bien-Aime> on Meetecho
[16:08:06] <danyork> Okay, MeetEcho now giving audio via flash
[16:08:29] <Simon Romano> VoIP should also be ok.
[16:08:44] <Randy Bush> @mic: note that the ietf noc did not have the guts to drop invalid
[16:09:20] <danyork> Regular audio stream back up
[16:09:35] markk leaves the room
[16:09:48] markk joins the room
[16:10:30] Jeffrey Haas leaves the room
[16:10:30] jgs leaves the room
[16:10:41] <hardaker> discussion tabled till aftre break
[16:10:53] Iain Phillips leaves the room
[16:10:54] <Lorenzo Miniero> Presentazione interrotta
[16:10:55] lukekb leaves the room
[16:10:55] Michael Elkins leaves the room
[16:10:58] <Randy Bush> 'tabled' has opposite meanings in uk and us
[16:11:01] dseomn leaves the room
[16:11:47] markk leaves the room
[16:12:05] Padma Krishnaswamy joins the room
[16:12:16] <Lorenzo Miniero> Wesley are you there?
[16:12:22] <Wesley George> ok, I'm going to call in on the PSTN number
[16:12:25] <Lorenzo Miniero> ready for a test?
[16:12:27] <Wesley George> standby
[16:12:35] <Lorenzo Miniero> ok
[16:13:25] <sonalkera> when I tried this morning, pstn number did not work in the morning. just fyi
[16:13:30] <Wesley George> um... just got "number not in service" for 323-927-1090
[16:13:37] <Lorenzo Miniero> yep fixing this
[16:13:41] <Lorenzo Miniero> just a second
[16:13:44] <Wesley George> k
[16:15:01] Padma Krishnaswamy leaves the room
[16:15:46] Juan Carlos leaves the room
[16:16:13] p.krishnaswamy.ietf leaves the room
[16:16:24] <Lorenzo Miniero> ok it should be working now
[16:16:24] <Wesley George> ok i'm in
[16:16:26] <Lorenzo Miniero> +1-323-927-1090
[16:16:32] <Lorenzo Miniero> great :)
[16:16:32] <Wesley George> I'm hearing room audio
[16:16:35] <Lorenzo Miniero> ok
[16:16:44] <Lorenzo Miniero> to talk
[16:16:44] <Lorenzo Miniero> digit *51 (star five one)
[16:16:58] <Lorenzo Miniero> talk for a while so that we set up the mixer levels in here
[16:17:01] Benno Overeinder leaves the room
[16:17:05] <Roque Gagliano> I can
[16:17:09] <Roque Gagliano> hear you
[16:18:00] <Lorenzo Miniero> we can hear you fine :)
[16:18:10] <Sean Turner> actually I can hear you really well
[16:18:18] <Sean Turner> yeah we got a couple of minutes before the break is over
[16:18:24] <Sean Turner> I suspect we'll be late
[16:19:41] jgs joins the room
[16:20:31] Arturo Servin Ü leaves the room
[16:21:07] Iain Phillips joins the room
[16:22:26] <sonalkera> thanks, i can hear it now too.
[16:25:19] Arturo Servin Ü joins the room
[16:26:03] lukekb joins the room
[16:27:08] <Randy Bush> wes, the docco is still −00. does preso incorporate sandy's work from interim?
[16:27:34] hardaker leaves the room
[16:28:58] Jeffrey Haas joins the room
[16:29:05] <Rob Austein> Sandy seems to think we are resuming
[16:29:51] <Lorenzo Miniero> resuming discussion on previous presentation by Carlos
[16:30:05] hardaker joins the room
[16:30:23] Michael Elkins joins the room
[16:30:28] dseomn joins the room
[16:30:38] Roque leaves the room
[16:30:49] <Randy Bush> mic: @shane, do you intentionally break your running network? :)
[16:31:20] markk joins the room
[16:31:27] Roque joins the room
[16:32:45] <Wesley George> randy, sorta. my preso is more high-level to get folks up to speed who weren't at interim
[16:32:55] <Randy Bush> ack
[16:33:25] carlos leaves the room
[16:33:35] Benno Overeinder joins the room
[16:34:05] <sandy> to randy: Wes asked me to recap the how-to-do-this-in-bgpsec part of the interim meeting
[16:34:23] Andrew Chi joins the room
[16:35:04] <Wesley George> sandy - the only comment I have on the proposed agenda is that I'd like to do my part while Shane is still there, not sure if he has to leave for a flight
[16:35:28] jcurran joins the room
[16:35:42] <jgs> I think he left, alas.
[16:35:44] <sandy> to wes: warren is just starting a discussion of the ietf experience and then you.
[16:36:02] <sandy> he was just here!
[16:36:07] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 1: Origin Validation on the IETF Network
[16:36:08] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 2: Network overview
[16:36:08] carlos joins the room
[16:36:10] <sandy> dang
[16:36:10] <Randy Bush> it really makes no diff if the longer prefixes were TE as the meeting had a single exit and the upstream would have the spevifics
[16:36:31] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 3: Origin Validation
[16:36:33] jcurran leaves the room
[16:37:07] John Curran joins the room
[16:38:04] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 4: Our space / some stats
[16:39:10] kv0spam joins the room
[16:39:27] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 5: FIN / Questions?
[16:41:06] <sandy> shane just walked back in
[16:41:11] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 4: Our space / some stats
[16:41:23] Dang Tran joins the room
[16:43:11] <John Curran> chuckle
[16:43:16] <Lorenzo Miniero> Presentazione interrotta
[16:43:36] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 1: AS Migration
[16:43:40] <Sean Turner> yes
[16:43:46] <Randy Bush> yes
[16:43:50] <John Curran> yes
[16:43:59] <Sean Turner> ack - on grabbing attention
[16:44:01] Dang Tran leaves the room
[16:44:02] <sandy> i said yes at the mic and you did not hear me.
[16:44:03] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 2: The problem
[16:44:04] <sandy> odd
[16:44:08] Dan York joins the room
[16:44:19] dougm.work joins the room
[16:44:20] <Rob Austein> Vertical hold problem in slides?
[16:44:32] <Tobia Castaldi> yes sandy... we are muting the mics here in order to avoid echo :)
[16:44:32] <Randy Bush> not on meetecho
[16:46:10] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 3: The Solution
[16:47:45] Lesly Bien-Aime leaves the room
[16:48:02] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 4: Why does SIDR need to care?
[16:48:40] Lesly Bien-Aime joins the room
[16:49:37] <Randy Bush> mic: @wes, but does not the solution sandy presented in amsterdam solve this? do you know of problems with sandy's approach?
[16:50:57] <Rob Austein> hold a minute
[16:51:04] <Randy Bush> he asked for next slide
[16:51:09] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 5: Requirements
[16:51:12] <sandy> screen shows slide 5
[16:51:26] <Lorenzo Miniero> sorry, missed that...
[16:52:57] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 6: Draft updates (for pending -01)
[16:54:10] <Randy Bush> @wes: put sandy's solution into your draft
[16:54:30] <Wesley George> ack
[16:57:21] gerardo leaves the room
[16:57:32] <Lorenzo Miniero> Presentazione interrotta
[16:57:53] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 2: How to Do That in BGPSEC
[16:57:58] <Lorenzo Miniero> Relatore corrente: Sandra Murphy
[16:57:58] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 2: How to Do That in BGPSEC
[16:58:21] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 3: Notation
[16:58:59] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 4: 333 | ISP A' ISP A’ CE-1 <--- PE-1 <--
[16:59:22] Steven Wright joins the room
[16:59:46] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 5: 333 | ISP A' ISP A’ CE-1 <--- PE-1 <--
[17:00:30] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 6: 333 | ISP A' ISP A’ CE-1 ---> PE-1 ---
[17:01:40] Randy Bush leaves the room
[17:01:44] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 7: 333 | ISP A' ISP A’ CE-1 ---> PE-1 ---
[17:01:53] Randy Bush joins the room
[17:01:57] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 8: 333 | ISP A' ISP A’ CE-1 ---> PE-1 ---
[17:02:35] Steven Wright leaves the room
[17:02:38] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 9: Discussion
[17:05:25] <Lorenzo Miniero> Presentazione interrotta
[17:05:46] Lesly Bien-Aime leaves the room
[17:05:54] Andrew Chi leaves the room
[17:05:57] <Wesley George> Lorenzo I'm dropping off the phone and going back to flash audio
[17:06:12] <Lorenzo Miniero> ok
[17:06:13] <Wesley George> any additional comments I have I'll make in the jabber room. thanks so much for the help
[17:06:27] <Lorenzo Miniero> no problem, glad we could be of help :)
[17:06:31] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 1: BGP L3VPN origin validation (draft-ymbk-
[17:06:33] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 2: Problem Statement
[17:06:43] Andrew Chi joins the room
[17:07:28] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 3: BGP L3VPN origin validation– Scheme De
[17:07:31] Benno Overeinder leaves the room
[17:09:20] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 4: BGP L3VPN origin validation – BGP exte
[17:10:15] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 5: BGP L3VPN origin validation – Provider
[17:11:48] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 6: BGP L3VPN origin validation – End CE t
[17:12:24] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 7: BGP L3VPN origin validation– PE - PE b
[17:12:32] Lesly Bien-Aime joins the room
[17:13:23] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 8: BGP L3VPN origin validation Advantages
[17:13:36] Michael Baer leaves the room
[17:14:12] Michael Baer joins the room
[17:15:16] <Randy Bush> mic: @rob shakir: this is not the wg to decide if l3vpn folk need this or if it makes sense
[17:16:16] <sandy> randy: did my comment answer your comment?
[17:16:20] <Randy Bush> mic: & the complex scenarios were because a frequent poster asked what if 300 times
[17:17:21] Lesly Bien-Aime leaves the room
[17:17:42] <Randy Bush> mic: we have measured update unpacking impact in bgpsec. it has effect, of course, but not extreme
[17:18:13] Lesly Bien-Aime joins the room
[17:18:21] sftcd joins the room
[17:18:25] <Randy Bush> yep
[17:18:52] Alex Amirante leaves the room
[17:20:40] <Lorenzo Miniero> Presentazione interrotta
[17:21:00] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 1: ARIN Relying Party Agreement Impact? Wor
[17:21:16] <Rob Austein> http://www.hactrn.net/opaque/ripe-cleans-up.pdf
[17:21:45] <Randy Bush> not on meetecho
[17:21:59] <Lorenzo Miniero> yep they changed the slide deck on the fly
[17:22:02] <Lorenzo Miniero> looking for it
[17:22:52] <Lorenzo Miniero> sorry couldn't find it
[17:22:58] <Lorenzo Miniero> I'm not sure it was on the materials page
[17:23:02] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 2: ARIN Relying Party Agreement
[17:23:08] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 3: IETF Role
[17:23:22] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 4: Cautionary Note to All
[17:23:31] <weiler> randy: not surprising. it's a recent addition
[17:23:31] weiler leaves the room
[17:23:32] <Rob Austein> Slide deck for what I just said given to chairs during break but not on meeting materials site yet. Link above is to the slide deck
[17:23:37] Dan York leaves the room
[17:23:45] weiler joins the room
[17:23:52] <Lorenzo Miniero> right, I missed the link, sorry
[17:23:55] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 5: Definitions
[17:24:23] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 6: Caution on Uses
[17:24:30] p.krishnaswamy.ietf joins the room
[17:24:43] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 7: INDEMNIFICATION
[17:24:50] <weiler> i've been having problems sending to the room. (Two messages recently lost.)
[17:24:53] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 8: PROHIBITED CONDUCT
[17:25:01] Andrei Robachevsky leaves the room
[17:25:08] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 9: Derivative Works
[17:25:22] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 10: Potential Impact
[17:25:53] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 11: Sharing RPKI data
[17:26:28] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 12: Potential Impact
[17:26:52] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 13: Object Security Architecture
[17:27:09] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 14: Object Security Architecture
[17:27:22] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 15: Object Security Architecture
[17:27:53] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 16: Object Security Architecture
[17:28:04] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 17: Object Security Architecture
[17:28:18] Benno Overeinder joins the room
[17:28:20] <Randy Bush> @mic: does what john says today or tomorrow have effect on the signed paper? and when he says the opposite next week?
[17:28:24] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 18: Crazy Ideas to Reduce Impact
[17:28:44] <John Curran> Excellent point randy.
[17:29:08] <John Curran> Basically, we do not want the ARIN RPA to be in the way of any reporting, summary, or statistical purposes, presuming that the incorporated data is not readily machine extractable in the resulting works.
[17:29:29] <Randy Bush> @john: i agree. then trash the bleeping thing.
[17:29:29] <John Curran> If we need to change the RPA accordingly, we will do so shortly.
[17:29:31] jgs leaves the room
[17:29:46] Lesly Bien-Aime leaves the room
[17:29:54] Jeffrey Haas leaves the room
[17:30:26] dougm.work leaves the room
[17:30:39] Randy Bush leaves the room
[17:30:49] <Lorenzo Miniero> Current slide showing JIT Response on list from John Curran
[17:32:08] <John Curran> We can increment the RPA accordingly.
[17:34:12] Lesly Bien-Aime joins the room
[17:34:21] jgs joins the room
[17:34:50] Padma Krishnaswamy joins the room
[17:34:54] <Lorenzo Miniero> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sidr/current/msg05325.html
[17:35:00] dougm.work joins the room
[17:35:07] <John Curran> This is precisely why it needs to be in writing, to make sure we are very clear on what is in scope vs what is not in scope of such republication restrictions.
[17:35:31] jpc2 leaves the room
[17:36:10] <dougm.work> When we say "it is only validation" that requires agreement to the RPA, is that X.509 validation of the ROAs, or origin validation of routes based upon those ROAs ...
[17:36:17] jpc joins the room
[17:37:01] Benno Overeinder leaves the room
[17:37:06] markk leaves the room
[17:37:20] dougm.work leaves the room
[17:37:31] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[17:38:15] <Lorenzo Miniero> Presentazione interrotta
[17:38:24] kv0spam leaves the room
[17:38:26] Iain Phillips leaves the room
[17:38:28] <Lorenzo Miniero> session just ended
[17:38:36] <Lorenzo Miniero> we'll make the recordings available soon
[17:38:39] jgs leaves the room
[17:38:40] DanY leaves the room
[17:38:42] <Lorenzo Miniero> see you soon on Meetecho!
[17:38:49] Simon Romano leaves the room
[17:38:54] Andrei Robachevsky joins the room
[17:38:56] <Lesly Bien-Aime> thanks
[17:38:59] Rob Austein leaves the room
[17:39:09] jpc leaves the room
[17:39:23] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[17:39:32] Michael Elkins leaves the room
[17:39:52] weiler leaves the room
[17:40:01] dseomn leaves the room
[17:40:12] Michael Baer leaves the room
[17:40:25] lukekb leaves the room
[17:40:31] John Curran leaves the room
[17:40:37] juan p. cerezo leaves the room
[17:40:41] sftcd leaves the room
[17:40:45] Andrei Robachevsky leaves the room
[17:40:45] Jay Borkenhagen leaves the room
[17:40:54] carlos leaves the room
[17:41:04] J Borkenhagen leaves the room
[17:41:17] Lesly Bien-Aime leaves the room
[17:41:58] Wesley George leaves the room
[17:43:41] Tobia Castaldi leaves the room
[17:43:46] Dario Gomez leaves the room
[17:43:46] Luisa Villa leaves the room
[17:43:46] sonalkera leaves the room
[17:43:46] nfiumarelli leaves the room
[17:43:46] Padma Krishnaswamy leaves the room
[17:43:46] Meetecho Audio SIDR leaves the room
[17:43:46] Roque leaves the room
[17:44:12] Arturo Servin Ü leaves the room
[17:45:15] Andrew Chi leaves the room
[17:47:02] Sean Turner leaves the room
[17:55:23] Sean Turner joins the room
[17:58:33] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[18:00:01] sandy leaves the room
[18:01:31] Sean Turner leaves the room
[18:03:14] Anuja Sonalker_ leaves the room
[18:09:34] Benno Overeinder joins the room
[18:10:11] Benno Overeinder leaves the room
[18:11:25] Anuja Sonalker_ joins the room
[18:14:33] Anuja Sonalker_ leaves the room
[18:22:01] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[18:30:03] Sean Turner joins the room
[18:34:38] danyork leaves the room
[18:36:09] Iain Phillips joins the room
[18:36:10] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[18:36:33] Sean Turner leaves the room
[18:43:23] Anuja Sonalker_ joins the room
[18:45:31] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[19:06:26] mikemlb leaves the room
[19:10:10] Iain Phillips leaves the room
[19:25:11] p.krishnaswamy.ietf leaves the room
[19:46:03] sandy joins the room
[19:59:48] Roque Gagliano leaves the room
[19:59:48] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[20:03:31] sandy leaves the room
[20:11:03] lukekb joins the room
[20:13:45] lukekb leaves the room
[20:16:09] Anuja Sonalker_ leaves the room
[20:19:53] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[20:36:36] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[21:07:29] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[21:33:25] Roque Gagliano joins the room
[21:33:25] hardaker leaves the room
[21:42:27] Jacky Yao11 (Health Yao) joins the room
[21:46:30] Roque Gagliano leaves the room
[22:04:20] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[22:08:12] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[22:08:22] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[22:15:25] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[22:15:39] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[22:24:02] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[22:24:19] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[22:34:50] Arturo Servin Ü joins the room
[23:10:41] Jacky Yao11 (Health Yao) leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!