IETF
sidr
sidr@jabber.ietf.org
Saturday, 29 September 2012< ^ >
christopher.morrow has set the subject to: http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/trac/wiki/InterimMeeting20120629
Room Configuration

GMT+0
[06:37:00] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[06:37:07] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[06:42:55] Alessandro Amirante joins the room
[06:44:50] Audio Mixer joins the room
[06:46:18] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[06:51:23] Anuja Sonalker_ joins the room
[06:58:00] Anuja Sonalker joins the room
[06:59:26] John Leslie joins the room
[06:59:42] p.krishnaswamy.ietf joins the room
[07:04:46] Amreesh Phokeer joins the room
[07:05:17] Padma Krishnaswamy joins the room
[07:09:37] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 1: SIDR Working Group
[07:09:51] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 2: Note Well
[07:09:53] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 3: Resources
[07:10:14] asonalker joins the room
[07:10:49] <Padma Krishnaswamy> the url Chris put in seems to be for the last interim, is there a new URL?
[07:11:24] Randy Bush joins the room
[07:11:38] weiler joins the room
[07:12:39] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 4: Administrivia
[07:12:53] alex joins the room
[07:13:08] Randy Bush leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[07:13:09] Randy Bush joins the room
[07:13:22] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 5: Agenda
[07:13:29] <Lorenzo Miniero> FYI, a Meetecho room with an integrated view of the slides, jabber room and audio/video is here http://www.meetecho.com/ietf-interim/sidr
[07:13:34] <Lorenzo Miniero> Make sure you use a different display name if you're already in with your Jabber client as well
[07:13:38] <Alessandro Amirante> Presentation stopped
[07:14:05] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 1: draft-sidr-bgpsec-protocol-05 Open Issue
[07:14:10] Anuja Sonalker leaves the room
[07:14:24] Rob Austein joins the room
[07:14:34] Ann Onymous joins the room
[07:14:56] <Alessandro Amirante> Current presenter: Matt
[07:14:57] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 1: draft-sidr-bgpsec-protocol-05 Open Issue
[07:15:04] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 2: Overview
[07:16:11] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 3: Part 1: GENERAL STUFF
[07:16:19] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 4: 1.1 Nomenclature for AS Path
[07:18:07] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 5: 1.2 Mandate for Transport Security
[07:19:00] <weiler> FYI, I'm seeing 3-4 sec of delay on the rstp stream (v. the 1-2 advertised). Which is still much better than we usually see at IETF meetings.
[07:19:50] <Lorenzo Miniero> By the way, for those not on Meetecho, the RTSP stream is rtsp://srv137.conf.meetecho.com/5f3uwre.sdp
[07:20:15] Anuja Sonalker_ leaves the room
[07:20:44] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 6: 1.3 FYI: Editor's Notes
[07:21:05] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 7: Part 2: CAPABILITY NEGOTIATION
[07:21:10] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 8: 2.1. Negotiation Errors
[07:21:52] <asonalker> tanks
[07:22:52] <weiler> And part of that delay is my own fault, for sending the packets on an unnecessarily long path.
[07:24:16] <Lorenzo Miniero> 1-2 sec is the delay we usually perceive, but it may be longer if your client buffers a bit more or the path is quite longer, yes
[07:26:12] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 9: 2.2. SAFI of 0 vs Null SAFI
[07:27:02] Anuja Sonalker_ joins the room
[07:27:56] <weiler> Lorenzo: no worries. 3-4 sec is still very usable. I appreciate your efforts to be here today.
[07:29:40] <Lorenzo Miniero> glad we can be of help :)
[07:30:15] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 10: 2.3 Negotiation of 4-Byte AS
[07:31:26] <John Leslie> good lord! specify 4byte too!
[07:32:09] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 11: 2.4 Both “No send” and “No receive
[07:34:17] alex leaves the room
[07:34:47] alex joins the room
[07:36:21] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 12: Part 3: THE ATTRIBUTE
[07:36:35] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 13: 3.1 Name of the attribute
[07:37:05] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 14: 3.2 Router IDs
[07:40:36] Randy Bush leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[07:40:38] Rob Austein leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[07:40:38] Randy Bush joins the room
[07:40:39] Rob Austein joins the room
[07:40:47] alex leaves the room
[07:40:50] Rob Austein leaves the room
[07:40:57] Rob Austein joins the room
[07:41:57] Rob Austein leaves the room
[07:42:00] Rob Austein joins the room
[07:42:28] weiler leaves the room
[07:42:30] weiler joins the room
[07:55:28] sonalkera joins the room
[08:00:56] weiler2 joins the room
[08:02:32] weiler leaves the room
[08:02:49] Ann Onymous leaves the room
[08:03:00] Ann Onymous joins the room
[08:06:32] <Alessandro Amirante> Presentation stopped
[08:07:40] John joins the room
[08:08:42] John leaves the room
[08:09:22] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[08:09:34] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[08:16:02] John joins the room
[08:16:48] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 14: 3.2 Router IDs
[08:17:42] <Rob Austein> Restarting
[08:17:55] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 15: 3.3 Additional Info – Is it useful?
[08:19:51] John leaves the room
[08:20:53] John joins the room
[08:21:38] Sander Steffann joins the room
[08:22:58] <weiler2> anyone having trouble w/ net in the room at the Okura?
[08:24:14] <Alessandro Amirante> sometimes the wifi goes down...
[08:24:41] John leaves the room
[08:25:09] John joins the room
[08:29:51] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 16: 3.4 Non-BGPSEC stuff in your AS
[08:32:06] Tobia Castaldi joins the room
[08:33:06] Benno Overeinder joins the room
[08:35:22] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 17: 3.5 Silly “Length” Question
[08:35:54] weiler2 leaves the room
[08:36:50] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 18: Part 4: SENDER PROCESSING
[08:37:10] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 19: 4.1 Originating a BGPSEC Update
[08:38:38] <Alessandro Amirante> Current presenter: Matt
[08:38:39] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 19: 4.1 Originating a BGPSEC Update
[08:40:09] John leaves the room
[08:42:11] weiler joins the room
[08:45:04] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 20: Part 5: VALIDATION
[08:45:07] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 21: 5.1 Validation State Names
[08:48:17] Tobia Castaldi leaves the room
[08:49:46] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 22: 5.2 Error Handling
[08:58:07] Tobia Castaldi joins the room
[09:05:45] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 5: 1.2 Mandate for Transport Security
[09:06:36] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 22: 5.2 Error Handling
[09:07:26] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 23: 5.3 Deferring Validation
[09:08:24] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 24: 5.3 Deferring Validation (continued)
[09:09:58] Sander Steffann thinks the room subject should be http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/trac/wiki/InterimMeeting201209 <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/trac/wiki/InterimMeeting20120629>29
[09:13:37] Randy Bush thinks the room subject should be "ratholes we have known"
[09:16:44] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 23: 5.3 Deferring Validation
[09:17:58] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 24: 5.3 Deferring Validation (continued)
[09:21:19] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 25: 5.4 Edge Validation
[09:27:24] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 26: 5.5 Use of Validation State
[09:29:16] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 27: 5.6 Re-Running Validation
[09:29:34] Tobia Castaldi leaves the room
[09:29:43] sandy joins the room
[09:32:41] Sander Steffann leaves the room
[09:33:49] Sander Steffann joins the room
[09:34:08] Sander Steffann leaves the room
[09:34:08] Sander Steffann joins the room
[09:36:52] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 28: 5.7 draft-ymbk-rpki-rtr-keys
[09:37:44] sonalkera leaves the room
[09:44:13] Sander Steffann leaves the room
[09:44:47] weiler leaves the room
[09:45:25] <Alessandro Amirante> Presentation stopped
[09:45:34] Randy Bush leaves the room
[09:45:36] <Anuja Sonalker_> thanks
[09:45:42] Audio Mixer leaves the room
[09:45:46] Benno Overeinder leaves the room
[09:45:55] Alessandro Amirante leaves the room
[09:46:06] Padma Krishnaswamy leaves the room
[09:46:16] asonalker leaves the room
[09:46:27] Amreesh Phokeer leaves the room
[09:46:36] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[09:47:08] John Leslie leaves the room
[09:55:17] Anuja Sonalker_ leaves the room
[09:55:50] Ann Onymous leaves the room
[10:06:22] p.krishnaswamy.ietf leaves the room
[10:35:20] Anuja Sonalker_ joins the room
[10:39:16] Anuja Sonalker_ leaves the room
[11:09:47] Alessandro Amirante joins the room
[11:09:54] Meetecho Audio joins the room
[11:14:40] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[11:14:50] sandy has set the subject to: http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/trac/wiki/InterimMeeting20120929
[11:21:34] Randy Bush joins the room
[11:22:18] Sander Steffann joins the room
[11:26:38] Pseud Onymous joins the room
[11:26:48] Benno Overeinder joins the room
[11:27:19] weiler joins the room
[11:28:32] Masanobu Kawashima joins the room
[11:28:42] <Lorenzo Miniero> FYI, the same SIDR room as before is available to follow this session on Meetecho: http://www.meetecho.com/ietf-interim/sidr
[11:29:13] Masanobu Kawashima leaves the room
[11:33:36] <Alessandro Amirante> RTSP audio stream at: rtsp://srv137.conf.meetecho.com/wzu1b0i.sdp
[11:33:46] Russ Housley joins the room
[11:35:54] Pseud Onymous leaves the room
[11:36:17] <Russ Housley> Steve Kent is very faint on Meetecho. It is like he is wispering on the other side of the room
[11:36:22] Pseud Onymous joins the room
[11:36:53] <weiler> Russ: I'm hearing him clealy on the stream.
[11:36:57] <weiler> clearly.
[11:37:12] <Russ Housley> Much better
[11:37:22] <weiler> can you hear randy?
[11:37:32] <weiler> he's not displaying good mic discipline.
[11:37:49] <Russ Housley> No, I have heard Sandy and Steve
[11:41:41] Samuel Weiler joins the room
[11:43:55] <Russ Housley> Will a router ever need to speak for more than on AS?
[11:45:06] Samuel Weiler leaves the room
[11:45:16] <Russ Housley> Thanks Matt.
[11:46:48] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 1: Migratory ASs
[11:46:54] <Alessandro Amirante> Current presenter: Sandra Murphy
[11:46:55] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 1: Migratory ASs
[11:47:12] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 2: Before Merger
[11:47:31] alex joins the room
[11:47:38] <Randy Bush> @sander: moving to as merger!
[11:48:34] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 3: Reconfig Before Migration
[11:50:07] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 4: Migration
[11:51:18] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 5: Migration
[11:52:20] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 6: Migration
[11:52:52] Sander Steffann leaves the room
[11:53:16] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 7: Migration
[11:53:56] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 8: How to Do That in BGPSEC
[11:54:06] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 9: Notation
[11:54:33] Sander Steffann joins the room
[11:54:35] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 10: BEFORE MERGER
[11:55:58] Anuja Sonalker_ joins the room
[11:56:08] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 11: MIGRATING
[11:56:57] sonalkera joins the room
[11:57:28] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 12: MIGRATING
[11:58:14] Samuel Weiler joins the room
[11:59:24] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 13: MIGRATING in Other Direction - Alternative 1
[12:00:40] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 14: MIGRATING in Other Direction - Alternative 1
[12:01:33] Samuel Weiler leaves the room
[12:01:34] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 15: MIGRATING in Other Direction - Alternative 2
[12:02:00] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 16: MIGRATING in Other Direction - Alternative 2
[12:03:25] <weiler> Alessandro/Lorenzo: how are you injecting the audio from the room into the rstp/sip streams? using a sip client?
[12:04:06] <Lorenzo Miniero> yes
[12:04:31] <Lorenzo Miniero> we have a laptop attached to the mixer which acts as a SIP participant, by means of the integrated applet in the web interface
[12:04:58] <weiler> using the integrated applet, not a standalone sip client?
[12:05:20] <Lorenzo Miniero> just because it's quicker and simpler for us
[12:05:33] <weiler> thanks for the answer.
[12:05:53] <Alessandro Amirante> this could be done by means of any SIP client, of course!
[12:06:18] <Lorenzo Miniero> or by means of WebRTC, as we did for a couple of sessions in Vancouver
[12:07:18] <weiler> the SIP stream is impressively real-time.
[12:07:32] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 7: Migration
[12:08:42] <Lorenzo Miniero> glad it's doing its job fine :)
[12:13:43] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 16: MIGRATING in Other Direction - Alternative 2
[12:14:55] <Russ Housley> Since we have adopted P_CNT=0 for other reasons, I think this is a useful tool.
[12:26:09] sonalkera leaves the room
[12:27:50] Sander Steffann leaves the room
[12:28:03] <Anuja Sonalker_> i just lost meetecho connectivity ugh
[12:28:15] <Randy Bush> meeting is declared ended
[12:28:24] <Anuja Sonalker_> good for me.
[12:28:28] weiler leaves the room
[12:28:37] <Alessandro Amirante> Presentation stopped
[12:28:52] Sander Steffann joins the room
[12:28:58] Meetecho Audio leaves the room
[12:29:07] <Lorenzo Miniero> we'll make the recordings of this session available soon
[12:29:12] <Lorenzo Miniero> bye!
[12:29:13] <Anuja Sonalker_> thanx guys. meetcho ws really good.
[12:29:17] <Anuja Sonalker_> much better than webex
[12:29:18] <Pseud Onymous> Thank you!
[12:29:22] alex leaves the room
[12:29:41] <Lorenzo Miniero> thanks Anuja!
[12:29:55] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[12:29:58] <Anuja Sonalker_> ur welcome. hope we can continue to use it for future meetings as well.
[12:30:51] <Randy Bush> "rgnet-enc.p10" may be a binary file. See it anyway?
[12:31:12] Pseud Onymous leaves the room
[12:31:38] Russ Housley leaves the room
[12:32:04] Alessandro Amirante leaves the room
[12:35:37] Anuja Sonalker_ leaves the room
[12:49:18] Benno Overeinder leaves the room
[12:53:38] Benno Overeinder joins the room
[12:58:30] Randy Bush leaves the room
[13:12:53] Sander Steffann leaves the room
[13:25:18] sandy leaves the room
[13:27:45] Wes George joins the room
[13:28:59] <Wes George> I'm getting "session not available yet" on both of the meetecho links for SIDR
[13:31:06] <Wes George> nevermind saw the mtg ended early
[13:31:08] Wes George leaves the room
[13:45:23] p.krishnaswamy joins the room
[13:45:40] p.krishnaswamy leaves the room
[14:00:18] Benno Overeinder leaves the room
[14:00:36] Rob Austein leaves the room
[14:01:33] Benno Overeinder joins the room
[14:01:53] Benno Overeinder leaves the room
[15:04:55] Arturo Servin Ü joins the room
[15:05:12] Arturo Servin Ü leaves the room