IETF
sidr
sidr@jabber.ietf.org
Friday, 27 July 2012< ^ >
christopher.morrow has set the subject to: http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/trac/wiki/InterimMeeting20120629
Room Configuration

GMT+0
[15:27:17] mikeb joins the room
[15:30:14] melkins joins the room
[15:49:46] melkins leaves the room
[15:52:27] melkins joins the room
[16:04:34] Sean Turner joins the room
[16:06:23] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[16:07:20] mlepinski joins the room
[16:07:43] smb joins the room
[16:07:50] <Karen O'Donoghue> starting with Deployment Considerations in RPKI
[16:08:05] Russ Housley joins the room
[16:08:06] Warren Kumari joins the room
[16:08:18] Rob Austein joins the room
[16:08:46] <Warren Kumari> Test...
[16:09:06] WesH joins the room
[16:09:21] <Warren Kumari> Deployent Considerations in RPKI slide deck.
[16:10:28] russmundy@jabber.org joins the room
[16:11:00] <Warren Kumari> Good morning Russ, we are on "Deployent Considerations in RPKI slide deck." , slide 4.
[16:11:10] Brian Weis joins the room
[16:11:20] <russmundy@jabber.org> Hi Warren - tks
[16:11:30] Anuja joins the room
[16:12:17] <Warren Kumari> Good morning Anuja, we are on "Deployment Considerations in RPKI slide deck." , slide 5.
[16:12:47] <WesH> now 6
[16:13:19] <Anuja> thank you!
[16:14:44] <WesH> now 7
[16:16:07] <russmundy@jabber.org> it's hard to understand what the presenter is saying on the telecon ...
[16:16:19] <Anuja> also hard to understand on the webex audio...
[16:16:35] <russmundy@jabber.org> much better, tks
[16:16:40] <Rob Austein> np :)
[16:16:58] <Anuja> thx
[16:17:31] <Anuja> still on slide 7?
[16:17:51] <Anuja> thx
[16:17:55] <Karen O'Donoghue> slide 8
[16:18:25] morrowc joins the room
[16:18:39] <Warren Kumari> Slide 9
[16:20:00] Ed Kern joins the room
[16:21:54] jayb@jabber.org joins the room
[16:23:47] jayb@jabber.org leaves the room: offline
[16:23:53] jayb@jabber.org joins the room
[16:26:46] <Warren Kumari> Slide 11
[16:32:38] <morrowc> which of the slide decks is this? -1 ?
[16:33:45] <melkins> bullet point one on slide 11 is what they are discussing
[16:34:04] <Warren Kumari> "Deployent Considerations in RPKI slide deck."
[16:34:09] <melkins> oh, http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/interim/2012/07/27/sidr/slides/slides-interim-2012-sidr-5-0.pdf
[16:36:05] <WesH> http://hardakers.net/temp/12070046.jpg
[16:36:08] <WesH> is steve's current drawing
[16:36:24] <morrowc> k
[16:36:52] <melkins> WesH: thanks!
[16:36:58] <WesH> np
[16:37:17] <WesH> he's current talking about pointers from the second ss-cert box to the lower one
[16:38:17] <jayb@jabber.org> (wow, is that really chalk on a blackboard? haven't seen that in years! :-) )
[16:38:24] <WesH> yep. complete with dust.
[16:38:40] <WesH> Steve K will be clapping the erasers later
[16:46:06] <WesH> someone on the remote has an open mic
[16:46:42] <Rob Austein> Somebody on the open mike really needs to mute :)
[16:46:55] <morrowc> it wasn't me.
[16:46:57] <morrowc> this time.
[16:48:58] mguod joins the room
[16:49:31] <WesH> Chris white has been sensored by the chair due to an open mic.
[16:50:06] <WesH> he can ping here if he needs to talk and the background noise problem has been taken care of
[16:50:46] <Rob Austein> slide 12
[16:53:02] <WesH> slide 17
[16:53:22] <Anuja> sorry couldnt hear clearly --what is the diff between the first histo and the second?
[16:54:43] weiler joins the room
[16:54:55] <jayb@jabber.org> anuja: first histo is for afrinic TA, 2nd for apnic's, 3rd for arin's, etc.
[16:55:05] <Anuja> ok thank u!
[16:55:42] p.krishnaswamy.ietf joins the room
[16:57:19] smb leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[16:57:28] mlepinski leaves the room
[16:57:45] mlepinski joins the room
[16:58:46] <Rob Austein> whoever just joined voice should think about muting
[16:59:33] <morrowc> yea, beepy-mc-beepinsteins, please stop.
[17:00:22] <russmundy@jabber.org> is slide 21 now up?
[17:00:27] <Rob Austein> yes
[17:00:29] <WesH> now 22
[17:00:32] <russmundy@jabber.org> tks
[17:00:32] <weiler> Is there a toll-free dial-in number?
[17:00:48] <morrowc> didn't list one on the webex email, no :(
[17:01:00] <morrowc> only the 408, which is tollfree for all us users.
[17:01:07] <morrowc> or, tollfree-ish.
[17:02:46] <morrowc> sam: https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?ED=156704367&UID=491409782&PW=NODdhYTBlMTI2&RT=MiM0 <https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?ED=156704367&amp;UID=491409782&amp;PW=NODdhYTBlMTI2&amp;RT=MiM0>
[17:03:13] <p.krishnaswamy.ietf> connected but can t see slides.
[17:03:42] <morrowc> they may not be bcast, all slides on: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/interim/2012/07/27/sidr/proceedings.html
[17:04:21] <Anuja> link to slides: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/interim/2012/07/27/sidr/slides/slides-interim-2012-sidr-5-0.pdf
[17:04:28] smb joins the room
[17:04:34] <Anuja> manual slide changing (by oneself) :)
[17:13:26] <p.krishnaswamy.ietf> thanks. is there an etherpad link?
[17:14:37] <Anuja> I dont believe its being live updated.
[17:15:17] <russmundy@jabber.org> I believe that it is "http://grenache.tools.ietf.org:9001/p/notes-interim-2012-sidr-4" but Anuja is right about the non-update
[17:15:25] <WesH> you mean for notes? no....
[17:15:29] <WesH> I can publish what I have so far if you want.
[17:16:00] <p.krishnaswamy.ietf> please
[17:16:02] <p.krishnaswamy.ietf> yes.
[17:16:07] <WesH> they're very raw. but ok.
[17:16:29] <p.krishnaswamy.ietf> what would take live updates?
[17:16:41] <WesH> http://hardakers.net/temp/2012-07-27-interim.org
[17:16:49] <WesH> I can push them frequently if needed.
[17:16:51] <p.krishnaswamy.ietf> ie usually there's a communal writing effort on etherpadlite
[17:17:11] <p.krishnaswamy.ietf> thanks
[17:17:23] <WesH> someone could start that too, of course.
[17:17:32] <WesH> more notes are better
[17:18:11] <p.krishnaswamy.ietf> how does one open a .org file Wes?
[17:18:21] <WesH> txt
[17:18:42] <WesH> prefer a txt suffix? can do that too.
[17:18:43] <WesH> or pdf
[17:19:07] <weiler> it's very east to hear sandy; harder to hear Tim.
[17:19:09] <morrowc> sec and I'll start an etherpad.
[17:19:13] <Anuja> Padma, just do a save as...
[17:19:15] <WesH> there's a txt now too.
[17:19:21] <WesH> Tim is speaking slowly
[17:19:21] <morrowc> (I don't think there is an official one yet/now/here)
[17:19:23] <Anuja> and save as a .txt. works perfectly
[17:19:39] <weiler> well, just not hearing him as well.
[17:20:21] <melkins> http://grenache.tools.ietf.org:9001/p/notes-interim-2012-sidr-4 seems to be notes from the previous interim meeting. should -5 be used for this one?
[17:20:34] <morrowc> I'm sure that'd work as well, yes.
[17:20:36] <WesH> http://hardakers.net/temp/2012-07-27-interim. <http://hardakers.net/temp/2012-07-27-interim.org>txt
[17:21:32] <p.krishnaswamy.ietf> thanks all
[17:21:50] <morrowc> added wes's notes there as well.
[17:27:48] mlepinski leaves the room
[17:31:31] <weiler> bye bye
[17:31:37] <WesH> 15 minute break starting
[17:34:42] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[17:35:03] <WesH> Hi Karen: we're on break until 10:45 (10 more minutes)
[17:35:31] russmundy@jabber.org leaves the room
[17:38:27] Russ Housley leaves the room
[17:43:34] <weiler> did yvr drop the call? or mute?
[17:43:42] <melkins> fyi, someone in the room will need to dial into the bridge before resuming the meeting
[17:44:06] <Anuja> no, i think Sandy paused it
[17:44:14] <melkins> oh, ok
[17:44:19] <Anuja> thats what she said she was going to do.. Hope she didnt kill it.
[17:45:15] russmundy@jabber.org joins the room
[17:45:55] Ed Kern leaves the room
[17:47:45] <WesH> welcome (back): we're still in break, 2 minutes over due to start again.
[17:47:47] <WesH> should be shortly.
[17:49:15] <WesH> unpausing shortly on the phone.
[17:51:18] Russ Housley joins the room
[17:51:59] <WesH> http://meatandbread.ca/cambie-street/todays-menu/
[17:54:21] <WesH> can you hear Randy talking?
[17:54:37] <morrowc> he's actually fairly decent...
[17:54:47] <WesH> good (he's way away from the mic)
[17:54:48] <morrowc> (volume)
[17:54:49] <jayb@jabber.org> yes, but he sounds a bit distant from a mic. (which slide package?)
[17:55:01] <WesH> measuring rpki repositories
[17:55:06] <jayb@jabber.org> thanks
[17:55:29] <WesH> slide 2
[17:56:21] <WesH> slide 6
[17:57:03] <Rob Austein> 7
[17:59:33] <morrowc> 9 now?
[17:59:51] <WesH> 10 now
[18:01:37] <smb> Leap second? "First you scream, then you leap."
[18:02:15] <Rob Austein> 13
[18:02:53] mlepinski joins the room
[18:03:33] <weiler> yes
[18:03:34] <weiler> testing
[18:04:15] <mlepinski> ack
[18:04:25] <p.krishnaswamy.ietf> sl 14
[18:04:28] <p.krishnaswamy.ietf> ?
[18:04:29] <p.krishnaswamy.ietf> 15?
[18:04:35] <Rob Austein> 17
[18:05:33] mlepinski leaves the room
[18:05:35] mlepinski joins the room
[18:06:42] <jayb@jabber.org> https://labs.ripe.net/Members/dfk/timeline-of-reverse-dns-events
[18:07:08] <jayb@jabber.org> (that's the event Randy was just mentioning)
[18:07:11] <WesH> 22
[18:07:11] <p.krishnaswamy.ietf> could the slide nos accompany pres slide change pls?
[18:07:28] <Rob Austein> 22
[18:07:45] <Rob Austein> 23
[18:07:45] <WesH> 23
[18:07:58] <WesH> (I'll let Rob do it ;-P )
[18:15:30] weiler leaves the room
[18:22:31] <Rob Austein> New preso rpki emulation measurement
[18:24:02] <Rob Austein> 2
[18:25:00] <Rob Austein> 3
[18:25:11] <Rob Austein> 4
[18:27:02] <Rob Austein> 5
[18:27:35] <Rob Austein> 6
[18:28:38] <Rob Austein> 7
[18:28:54] <Rob Austein> 8
[18:30:21] <Rob Austein> 9
[18:30:49] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[18:31:01] <Rob Austein> 10
[18:31:10] <Rob Austein> 11
[18:31:44] <Rob Austein> 12
[18:31:52] <Rob Austein> 13
[18:32:28] <Rob Austein> 14
[18:32:47] <WesH> (still 14)
[18:32:59] <WesH> (randy asked twice for a single change)
[18:33:17] <Rob Austein> 15
[18:33:39] <Rob Austein> 16
[18:34:44] <Rob Austein> 17
[18:35:44] <Rob Austein> 18
[18:36:03] <Rob Austein> 19
[18:36:30] <Rob Austein> 20
[18:38:51] <Rob Austein> 21
[18:41:14] <p.krishnaswamy.ietf> who's talking?
[18:41:18] <WesH> steve kent
[18:41:25] <p.krishnaswamy.ietf> tx
[18:47:16] <Rob Austein> 22
[18:48:02] <Rob Austein> 23
[18:50:05] <Rob Austein> 24
[18:50:30] <Rob Austein> 23
[18:50:37] <Rob Austein> 24
[18:50:53] <Rob Austein> (Randy said to back up but slides did not)
[18:52:29] <Rob Austein> 25
[18:53:53] <Rob Austein> 26
[18:54:12] <Rob Austein> 27
[18:54:27] <morrowc> quiet?
[18:54:44] <morrowc> oh, nm.
[18:55:23] <Rob Austein> 28
[18:56:09] <Rob Austein> 29
[18:56:21] <morrowc> room hung up?
[18:56:22] <Rob Austein> We just dropped audio
[18:56:22] <mikeb> Sound just died for me
[18:56:22] <melkins> oops we lost audio
[18:56:32] <Anuja> yup
[18:56:33] <smb> The phone here was just dropped. Redialing
[18:56:40] <Rob Austein> "You have been disconnected" popped up on screen here
[18:57:10] <Anuja> so how come we all didnt drop off if the host dropped off?
[18:57:12] <Rob Austein> We were at end of preso
[18:57:20] <Rob Austein> More than one voice channel?
[18:57:34] <mikeb> back up
[18:57:36] <russmundy@jabber.org> yup
[18:57:37] <smb> Should be back up now
[18:57:40] <Rob Austein> Can you hear sandy?
[18:57:45] <russmundy@jabber.org> yes
[18:57:49] <Anuja> yes we can hear her
[18:58:54] <p.krishnaswamy.ietf> audio consistently muffled.
[18:59:05] <russmundy@jabber.org> could someone summarize what Randy just said?
[18:59:50] <morrowc> yea... I think some of it was: "rirs/rpki-pub hammering is a problem, find other protocols/transports is a must'
[18:59:51] <morrowc> yes?
[18:59:58] <Rob Austein> Randy thinks that fiddling with http vs rsync is rearranging deck chairs on titanic. Let's do more interesting tests like BitTorrent
[19:03:45] <morrowc> go skent
[19:19:37] <morrowc> fade.... what was that?
[19:21:02] morrowc leaves the room
[19:22:31] morrowc joins the room
[19:25:12] <russmundy@jabber.org> can't hear the other person in the room, tim??
[19:25:47] <smb> Yup.
[19:33:06] Russ Housley leaves the room
[19:33:24] <Rob Austein> Anybody here in Europe?
[19:33:32] mlepinski leaves the room
[19:33:35] <Rob Austein> (Trying to schedule resuming after lunch local time)
[19:34:28] <morrowc> k
[19:34:39] Rob Austein leaves the room
[19:34:49] <WesH> we'll return at 1:15 if possible, 1:30 at the latest
[19:34:50] mguod leaves the room
[19:34:58] <russmundy@jabber.org> thanks
[19:35:00] russmundy@jabber.org leaves the room
[19:35:52] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[19:41:01] smb leaves the room
[19:45:05] Sean Turner leaves the room
[19:51:23] WesH leaves the room
[20:12:51] Sean Turner joins the room
[20:15:53] smb joins the room
[20:17:41] Rob Austein joins the room
[20:19:00] hardaker joins the room
[20:30:20] <jayb@jabber.org> someone please announce here when the room is dialing into the webex again after your lunch break. thanks
[20:31:27] <morrowc> cause ... it's already past 1:15, and soon to be past 1:30... localtime.
[20:31:31] <morrowc> oops, past 1:30.
[20:31:38] <hardaker> yep.... we're not all back yet.
[20:31:47] <hardaker> Actually we're mostly waiting on Sandy at this point.
[20:31:52] <morrowc> ok, cool.
[20:31:59] <hardaker> dialing now.
[20:32:17] <morrowc> I think jayb and I both turn into pumpkins at about the same time (5:30 local-east-coast)
[20:34:39] <morrowc> which slides? sra's?
[20:34:43] <p.krishnaswamy.ietf> which talk aer we going to be looking at?
[20:34:46] <melkins> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/interim/2012/07/27/sidr/slides/slides-interim-2012-sidr-5-2.pdf
[20:34:47] <morrowc> RPKI Repository Fetch Protocols

[20:35:46] Russ Housley joins the room
[20:35:53] <morrowc> wes, I dropped your notes as update into the ietf epad...
[20:36:00] <hardaker> k
[20:36:02] <morrowc> (and my own just in case)
[20:36:18] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[20:37:51] <p.krishnaswamy.ietf> cd speakers pls mention slide number to which they change? thx
[20:38:19] <hardaker> slide 2
[20:42:09] <hardaker> 3
[20:44:02] russmundy@jabber.org joins the room
[20:44:34] mlepinski joins the room
[20:47:04] <hardaker> 5
[20:50:23] <hardaker> 6
[20:51:04] <hardaker> 7
[20:53:40] <hardaker> 8
[20:54:43] <hardaker> 9
[20:57:25] <hardaker> 10
[20:58:31] <morrowc> you can do, I think binary-stuff in rss. see itunes for example... but 'go for ietf std' seems fine.
[20:58:51] <morrowc> look at the notes of the last interim in reston for sizeing data/guesses.
[20:58:56] <morrowc> we worked this out previously.
[21:01:00] mlepinski leaves the room
[21:04:31] mlepinski joins the room
[21:06:44] <hardaker> Deployment Considerations in RPKI - Tim Bruijnzeels
[21:07:16] <melkins> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/interim/2012/07/27/sidr/slides/slides-interim-2012-sidr-5-1.pdf
[21:07:18] <hardaker> 2
[21:07:19] <morrowc> get closer to mike
[21:07:21] <morrowc> oh, slides.
[21:07:22] <morrowc> nm
[21:07:54] <morrowc> no, just don't talk to it from next door.
[21:08:04] <Rob Austein> He was a foot away when you were complaining
[21:08:09] <hardaker> he's significantly closer than everyone else has been
[21:08:21] <morrowc> ha ;) this is better.
[21:08:21] <hardaker> might be a voice tone or something that the mic isn't pulling well
[21:08:22] <morrowc> thnx
[21:08:28] <hardaker> 3
[21:08:36] <melkins> tim is just really mellow :)
[21:10:40] <hardaker> 4
[21:12:36] <hardaker> 5
[21:12:53] <hardaker> 6
[21:13:21] weiler joins the room
[21:13:45] <hardaker> 7
[21:14:05] <hardaker> sam: (02:06:44 PM) hardaker: Deployment Considerations in RPKI - Tim Bruijnzeels
[21:19:47] <hardaker> 9
[21:22:22] jayb@jabber.org leaves the room: offline
[21:27:11] <hardaker> 10
[21:28:34] <hardaker> 11
[21:33:14] <hardaker> 12
[21:33:21] <Rob Austein> RPKI over twitter!
[21:34:31] <weiler> rpki over ldap?
[21:34:42] <hardaker> get your cert to within 140 chars please
[21:34:57] <mikeb> old school: pigeon (or station wagon)
[21:35:29] <morrowc> twitter has id's per message, so just chain the messages together.
[21:36:55] <hardaker> 13
[21:42:06] <hardaker> 14
[21:49:53] <Rob Austein> RFC 1925 (6) It is easier to move a problem around (for example, by moving
the problem to a different part of the overall network
architecture) than it is to solve it.
[21:50:13] <hardaker> where can we move IPv4 to then?
[21:50:47] <mikeb> ipv4 over ipv6?
[21:56:32] morrowc leaves the room
[21:57:46] Russ Housley leaves the room
[21:58:37] <hardaker> caffeeeennnn break
[21:58:38] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[21:58:56] <Rob Austein> back at 15:15 local
[21:59:24] <russmundy@jabber.org> tks
[21:59:35] <Anuja> blank?
[21:59:47] <hardaker> mute till 15:15 local
[21:59:50] <hardaker> (pause)
[21:59:58] <Anuja> oh...ok
[22:00:02] <Anuja> thx
[22:00:23] <Anuja> I guess I need one too.. didnt even hear the break announcement
[22:03:32] weiler leaves the room
[22:14:41] Sean Turner leaves the room
[22:18:54] Russ Housley joins the room
[22:19:49] <Rob Austein> Can you hear us now?
[22:19:54] <mikeb> no
[22:19:58] <hardaker> dialing now
[22:19:59] <Rob Austein> We're trying dialing the phone
[22:20:24] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[22:20:37] <Rob Austein> Now?
[22:20:37] <mikeb> can hear now
[22:21:32] <Rob Austein> Chocolate wars
[22:23:02] <smb> What Rob means is that we're developing a chocolate distribution algorithm -- do we use rsync, http, or bittorrent?
[22:27:30] <Anuja> no more slides now right?
[22:27:40] <hardaker> no, we're discussing document status right now
[22:27:45] <hardaker> no slides for this discusison
[22:29:10] <hardaker> http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/trac/wiki/ChairActions
[22:29:30] <Anuja> thnx
[22:35:04] <Rob Austein> http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/trac/ticket/16 can be closed :)
[22:49:55] <hardaker> Warren is drawing on the board.
[23:15:40] <Rob Austein> Now Matt is drawing on the board
[23:17:16] <Rob Austein> AS1 - [ AS2 - AS3 - AS4 ] - AS5
[23:17:35] <Rob Austein> [2,3,4] is confed
[23:18:18] <Rob Austein> pdu: origin | as1 | as2 * | as3 | as4 |
[23:18:27] <Rob Austein> "*" is Matt's "checkmark"
[23:18:45] <Rob Austein> and PDU is rotated 90 degrees because this is ASCII
[23:19:09] <Rob Austein> "origin" is top in Matt's picture
[23:27:09] <mlepinski> The only reason I went vertically is because due to short-sightedness I grabbed a small slab of chalkboard ... I should have erased to give myself more space
[23:28:39] <hardaker> copies are at : http://www.hardakers.net/temp/2012-07-27-interim.html
[23:39:33] <p.krishnaswamy.ietf> that's awesome. thanks.
[23:39:45] <hardaker> np
[23:46:02] mlepinski leaves the room
[23:46:50] Brian Weis leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!