IETF
scim@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, March 6, 2014< ^ >
stpeter has set the subject to: SCIM WG | http://tools.ietf.org/wg/scim/agenda?item=agenda-85-scim.html
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[18:30:39] Alessandro Amirante joins the room
[18:34:11] Erik Wahlstrom joins the room
[18:34:19] Tobia Castaldi joins the room
[18:36:14] Kelly Grizzle joins the room
[18:38:09] elewis joins the room
[18:38:44] Bjorn Aannestad joins the room
[18:39:29] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 1: Note Well
[18:39:30] Simon Romano joins the room
[18:39:38] <Alessandro Amirante> Current presenter: Chairs
[18:39:39] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 1: Note Well
[18:39:40] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 2: SCIM IETF89
[18:39:41] <Erik Wahlstrom> mic works :)
[18:40:52] wmills_92105 joins the room
[18:41:02] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 3: Agenda SCIM IETF89
[18:42:06] serrhini mohammed joins the room
[18:43:33] <Erik Wahlstrom> mic: i can review it.
[18:44:30] <Alessandro Amirante> Presentation stopped
[18:45:01] leifj joins the room
[18:45:18] <leifj> hi folks - I'll channel to the mic
[18:46:31] <serrhini mohammed> I cant see the slides
[18:46:37] <Tobia Castaldi> this slide deck is not yet available on the materials page
[18:46:48] <Tobia Castaldi> uploading right now
[18:46:58] <serrhini mohammed> ok
[18:47:01] <Alessandro Amirante> chairs are sending it to us via email... will be available soon
[18:50:20] elewis leaves the room
[18:53:19] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 1: SCIM    
 Update    
  Mar    
 6,    
 2014
[18:53:29] <Alessandro Amirante> Current presenter: Phil
[18:53:30] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 1: SCIM    
 Update    
  Mar    
 6,    
 2014
[18:53:34] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 2: Agenda    
 
[18:54:05] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 3: SCIM    
 Recent    
 History    
 
[18:55:20] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 4: SCIM    
 DraD    
 03    
 
[19:00:24] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 5: Current    
 SCIM    
 Tickets    
 
[19:01:37] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 1: SCIM    
 Patch    
 Proposal    
 
[19:01:40] <Alessandro Amirante> Current presenter: Phil
[19:01:41] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 1: SCIM    
 Patch    
 Proposal    
 
[19:02:04] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 2: Issue    
 
[19:04:07] <Bjorn Aannestad> everything fine here, audio/video.
[19:04:30] <Simon Romano> On the benefits of being remote :-)
[19:04:30] <Alessandro Amirante> yeah, there's a problem with the projector!
[19:05:32] <Simon Romano> Just to keep you up to date...
[19:05:41] <Simon Romano> ...this is how the screen looks like now.
[19:06:40] <Alessandro Amirante> problem fixed!
[19:06:50] <Alessandro Amirante> that's engineering
[19:06:57] <Erik Wahlstrom> :)
[19:07:03] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 3: Current    
 Example    
 
[19:07:25] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 11: JSON    
 PATCH    
 (RFC6902)    
 
[19:08:40] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 12: JSON    
 Patch    
 and    
 SCIM    
 
[19:11:06] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 13: Proposal    
 
[19:15:04] <Simon Romano> @chairs: you can see the correct deck here: http://london1.conf.meetecho.com/WebLite/event.jsp?w=scim
[19:15:08] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 4: Current    
 Example    
 
[19:15:15] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 5: Possible    
 OpHons    
 
[19:15:19] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 6: JSON    
 Merge    
 Patch    
 
[19:16:27] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 7: Merge    
 Format    
 
[19:16:48] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 8: Example    
 record    
 
[19:17:02] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 9: Example    
 Merge    
 Patch    
 
[19:17:56] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 10:  JSON    
 Merge    
 Summary    
 
[19:18:22] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 11: JSON    
 PATCH    
 (RFC6902)    
 
[19:18:27] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 13: Proposal    
 
[19:19:11] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 14: PATCH    
 Add    
 
[19:19:19] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 15: PATCH    
 Remove    
 Value    
 
[19:20:01] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 16: PATCH    
 Remove    
 Examples    
 
[19:20:41] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 17: PATCH    
 Mulit-­‐Op    
 Remove    
 
[19:21:00] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 18: PATCH    
 Replace    
 
[19:21:28] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 19: Old    
 Replace    
 
[19:21:42] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 20: Replace    
 Examples    
 
[19:22:45] Bjorn Aannestad leaves the room
[19:22:51] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 21: Test    
 OperaHon    
 (New!)    
 
[19:23:16] Bjorn Aannestad joins the room
[19:24:53] <Erik Wahlstrom> mic: I think "test" clutters the spec. I don't see the need for it.
[19:25:15] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 22: JSON    
 Patch    
 Summary    
 
[19:25:55] <leifj> Erik: you belive we should rely on etags instead?
[19:26:15] <Kelly Grizzle> we're already deviating from json patch, though
[19:26:22] <Erik Wahlstrom> yes. as we do on all other ops.
[19:26:33] <leifj> k - just by way of clarification
[19:27:36] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 23: Conclusion    
 
[19:28:00] <Bjorn Aannestad> Yes, more exploration
[19:29:14] <Bjorn Aannestad> Yes
[19:29:19] <Bjorn Aannestad> Merge Patch
[19:30:03] <Kelly Grizzle> mic: changing the path syntax of JSON patch fundamentally changes the behavior of JSON patch, since the proposed path filters can return multiple items but json patch returns a single attribute.
[19:30:46] <Kelly Grizzle> mic: it might make sense to add different operations - replace vs. replaceAll - to prevent the issue of accidentally blowing away all of the members of a group.
[19:35:13] <Kelly Grizzle> mic: regarding the REST pure way of doing a patch, it might make more sense to do a POST to a /patch sub-resource.  eg - you are submitting a PATCH request to an endpoint.  this is pretty close to what the PATCH verb does.
[19:36:21] <Kelly Grizzle> it wouldn't be better.  they're basically the same.
[19:36:23] <leifj> julian claims we're doing what we're supposed to be doing
[19:37:50] <leifj> kelly & erik: do you have opinions what would be preferred?
[19:38:29] <Kelly Grizzle> generally i think that json patch seems cleaner than the current patch in the spec.  profiling 6902 could be problematic for the reasons that have been raised.
[19:38:34] <Erik Wahlstrom> mic: i like the "6902"-thing
[19:39:05] <Bjorn Aannestad> what does "profiling" mean, kelly?
[19:39:06] <Kelly Grizzle> no json patch
[19:39:46] <Kelly Grizzle> @bjorn - changing the semantics of the "path" attribute is profiling.
[19:40:00] <Bjorn Aannestad> thank you
[19:40:02] <Kelly Grizzle> give me a +0.75 for json patch. ;)
[19:40:43] <Erik Wahlstrom> lets continue working on the 6902 then... like removing "test" :)
[19:45:12] <Erik Wahlstrom> mic: Phil, #13 - it was confusion between implementations about if etags must be sent to server if it's supported by the server or not. If I remember correctly I think most opted for a not fix when talking about it on list.
[19:51:57] <Bjorn Aannestad> No objection, as long as it's optional.
[19:56:40] <Erik Wahlstrom> +1 for close
[19:56:43] <Bjorn Aannestad> hmm
[19:58:46] <Erik Wahlstrom> #6 for wont fix
[19:58:46] <Kelly Grizzle> -1 for moving nickname.  i don't see it as a big problem and it breaks backwards compat
[20:02:42] <Bjorn Aannestad> The orig suggestion was to use a similar registry
[20:04:47] <wmills_92105> agree that it shoudl be a separate registry form me.
[20:05:27] <Erik Wahlstrom> +1
[20:07:03] <Bjorn Aannestad> +1 for creating the registry when / if needed
[20:07:16] <Bjorn Aannestad> not now
[20:08:11] <Kelly Grizzle> hmmm
[20:10:52] wmills_92105 joins the room
[20:11:16] wmills_92105 leaves the room
[20:13:35] <Erik Wahlstrom> #43 - Today it's two ways to express. Would be easier if only one. So i would prefere to to the fix.
[20:14:57] <wmills_92105> hum now if you want this
[20:15:21] <Erik Wahlstrom> hum
[20:17:56] <Bjorn Aannestad> Instead, UnboundID made a schema extension for LDAP...
[20:25:02] <Erik Wahlstrom> There is a base url that's before that right?
[20:25:44] <Bjorn Aannestad> That's how UnboundID does it.
[20:30:07] <Bjorn Aannestad> I thought we already dealt with the Tenant text in the spec?
[20:30:29] <Bjorn Aannestad> #28, closed
[20:32:41] <Bjorn Aannestad> Ok, thank you
[20:33:51] <Erik Wahlstrom> mic: #65 I think the fact that it's used by existing APIs show that X-HTTP-Method-Override is needed in some cases.
[20:35:33] <Erik Wahlstrom> I mean legacy in the provisioning protocols that already exists. that we want to replace :)
[20:36:09] <Erik Wahlstrom> Well.. we do :)
[20:37:00] <Simon Romano> Goodbye guys!
[20:37:03] <Erik Wahlstrom> Thanks for today!
[20:37:08] <Simon Romano> see you soon.
[20:37:09] <Bjorn Aannestad> Thank you
[20:37:12] <Tobia Castaldi> bye all
[20:37:13] <Simon Romano> Our pleasure.
[20:37:16] <Kelly Grizzle> see you later folks
[20:37:36] Kelly Grizzle leaves the room
[20:38:24] <leifj> thanks all
[20:38:24] leifj leaves the room
[20:38:44] wmills_92105 leaves the room
[20:38:46] Tobia Castaldi leaves the room
[20:38:48] Erik Wahlstrom leaves the room
[20:38:48] Alessandro Amirante leaves the room
[20:38:49] serrhini mohammed leaves the room
[20:38:50] Bjorn Aannestad leaves the room
[20:39:23] Simon Romano leaves the room