IETF
scim@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, 8 November 2012< ^ >
stpeter has set the subject to: SCIM WG | IETF 84 | audio: http://ietf84streaming.dnsalias.net/ietf/ietf848.m3u
Room Configuration

GMT+0
[17:53:33] Klaas Wierenga joins the room
[17:55:54] Meetecho Audio joins the room
[17:57:15] Simon Romano joins the room
[17:57:53] jtrentadams joins the room
[17:58:39] <Simon Romano> Slide 1: Note Well
[17:58:45] <Simon Romano> Current presenter: Chairs
[17:58:45] <Simon Romano> Slide 1: Note Well
[18:01:21] <Simon Romano> Slide 1: Note Well
[18:01:47] <Simon Romano> Presentation stopped
[18:02:00] <Simon Romano> Slide 1: Note Well
[18:02:05] <Simon Romano> Current presenter: Chairs
[18:02:06] <Simon Romano> Slide 1: Note Well
[18:02:23] kazubu joins the room
[18:02:45] <Simon Romano> Slide 2: Participation
[18:02:52] Eliot Lear joins the room
[18:03:02] <Eliot Lear> good afternoon all
[18:03:19] <Simon Romano> Slide 3: Agenda
[18:03:29] <Klaas Wierenga> hey Eliot
[18:03:48] <Simon Romano> Hi all...meeetcho is @ www.meetecho.com/ietf85/scim
[18:03:57] Barry Leiba joins the room
[18:04:07] <Simon Romano> Just use a different id if you already logged into the jabber chat.
[18:04:30] <Klaas Wierenga> and I'll be your friendly Jabber channeler for today…..
[18:05:20] J. Trent Adams joins the room
[18:05:48] m&m joins the room
[18:05:54] Eliot Lear leaves the room
[18:05:57] Eliot Lear joins the room
[18:06:04] m&m leaves the room
[18:06:39] J. Trent Adams leaves the room
[18:07:01] Erik Wahlström joins the room
[18:08:25] <Simon Romano> Presentation stopped
[18:08:36] J. Trent Adams joins the room
[18:08:36] <Simon Romano> Slide 1: scim issue tracker
[18:08:45] <Simon Romano> Current presenter: Melissa
[18:08:45] <Simon Romano> Slide 1: scim issue tracker
[18:08:56] Eliot Lear leaves the room
[18:11:21] <Erik Wahlström> I'll be glad to help.
[18:11:52] <Klaas Wierenga> tks
[18:12:04] <Simon Romano> Presentation stopped
[18:12:35] Eliot Lear joins the room
[18:12:46] <Eliot Lear> sorry- serious technical problems with meetecho
[18:12:56] Melinda joins the room
[18:13:16] <Klaas Wierenga> now on adoption of vcard as scim schema spec
[18:13:17] <Simon Romano> Slide 1: SCIM Issue #19 Adopt the vCard Schema?
[18:13:25] <Simon Romano> Slide 2: Background
[18:13:33] <Simon Romano> @Eliot what problem?
[18:13:36] <Simon Romano> Slide 3: Key Sources
[18:13:53] <Eliot Lear> well, resource conflicts in the jabber room. bad interaction with adium
[18:14:08] <Eliot Lear> the plugin is coughing up blood for me
[18:14:16] <Simon Romano> For the room, a sI sais, you have to choose a different id if you were already in.
[18:14:25] <Simon Romano> What about audio? Is it not ok?
[18:14:34] tony.l.hansen joins the room
[18:14:51] <Simon Romano> Slide 4: Goals for a SCIM Schema
[18:14:53] <Simon Romano> Slide 5: A nod to other alternatives
[18:14:55] <Eliot Lear> well, i'm streaming right now
[18:15:08] Satoru Kanno joins the room
[18:15:10] <Erik Wahlström> sound, video and presentation works for me.
[18:15:24] <Simon Romano> Glad to hear that ;-)
[18:15:33] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[18:15:46] Leif Johansson joins the room
[18:16:30] Tony Hansen joins the room
[18:18:16] Eliot Lear (2) joins the room
[18:18:19] <Simon Romano> Slide 4: Goals for a SCIM Schema
[18:19:14] stpeter joins the room
[18:19:52] <Simon Romano> Slide 5: A nod to other alternatives
[18:19:53] <Simon Romano> Slide 6: The Questions
[18:20:05] stpeter has set the subject to: SCIM WG | http://tools.ietf.org/wg/scim/agenda?item=agenda-85-scim.html
[18:20:29] <Simon Romano> Slide 7: The Findings
[18:23:17] <Simon Romano> Slide 9: Aspect/Consideration
[18:25:57] Eliot Lear (2) leaves the room
[18:27:15] <Eliot Lear> paul sounds like dave crocker
[18:27:18] <Eliot Lear> ;-)
[18:28:53] DanY joins the room
[18:33:21] <Eliot Lear> haven't we gone headlong into the mapping discussion?
[18:34:52] <Eliot Lear> sorry, klaas, i'll prefix MIC: for comments
[18:35:03] <Klaas Wierenga> ok
[18:35:20] <Eliot Lear> MIC: i wish you would ask those questions AFTER the mapping discussion
[18:35:57] <Barry Leiba> He's planning to, Eliot.
[18:36:08] <Barry Leiba> He was just saying that those were the questions he intends to ask.
[18:36:14] <Klaas Wierenga> want to withdraw?
[18:36:29] <Barry Leiba> OK, maybe I'm wrong.
[18:36:53] <Barry Leiba> I was wrong. He.
[18:36:54] cyrusdaboo joins the room
[18:37:25] john.levine joins the room
[18:38:56] <Simon Romano> Presentation stopped
[18:39:07] <Simon Romano> Slide 1: SCIM and vCard mapping
[18:39:39] <Simon Romano> Slide 2: Scope
[18:40:49] <Simon Romano> Slide 3: Overview
[18:41:22] <Simon Romano> Slide 4: Updates coming in v01
[18:41:47] <Simon Romano> Slide 3: Overview
[18:41:57] <Simon Romano> Slide 4: Updates coming in v01
[18:42:50] johnl joins the room
[18:43:14] <Simon Romano> Slide 5: New fields from RFCs 6473, 6474 and 6715
[18:43:30] tony.l.hansen leaves the room
[18:43:44] <Simon Romano> Slide 6: Mappings of IDs: SCIM -> vCard
[18:44:30] johnl leaves the room
[18:45:04] tony.l.hansen joins the room
[18:45:08] J. Trent Adams leaves the room
[18:45:18] <Simon Romano> Slide 7: Mappings of IDs: vCard -> SCIM
[18:45:20] <Simon Romano> Slide 6: Mappings of IDs: SCIM -> vCard
[18:46:26] <Simon Romano> Slide 7: Mappings of IDs: vCard -> SCIM
[18:47:18] <Simon Romano> Slide 8: Open issues
[18:48:34] <Simon Romano> Slide 9: Thank you!
[18:59:56] <Erik Wahlström> MIC: There are fields in vCard that might be a bit to loosely defined. Fields like KEY can have 3 different types of content. Bad for interops.
[19:03:40] <Eliot Lear> MIC: when we say vCard, does that mean we're gating on a JSON version of vCard?
[19:04:02] <Eliot Lear> keep investigating
[19:04:08] <Barry Leiba> Hum seemed about 33/33/33
[19:05:04] <Simon Romano> Presentation stopped
[19:05:57] <Klaas Wierenga> use cases presentation
[19:06:34] <Klaas Wierenga> - list of use cases ….
[19:06:52] <Simon Romano> Slide 1: SCIM Use Cases
[19:06:55] <Simon Romano> Slide 2: Outline
[19:06:56] <Simon Romano> Slide 3: List of the use cases and template for a
[19:07:07] Simon Perreault joins the room
[19:07:12] <Simon Perreault> yo
[19:07:19] <Barry Leiba> yo?
[19:07:27] <Eliot Lear> 'sup?
[19:08:16] <Simon Romano> ..use case ;-)
[19:16:05] <Eliot Lear> are we really arguing over this? so long as this doc doesn't gate anything, please lets move on
[19:16:24] <Simon Romano> Presentation stopped
[19:17:08] kazubu leaves the room
[19:17:08] Satoru Kanno leaves the room
[19:17:44] <Simon Romano> Open mic time...
[19:23:07] kazubu joins the room
[19:24:41] Simon Perreault leaves the room
[19:28:05] <Eliot Lear> drop xml
[19:28:18] <Erik Wahlström> +1 drop xml
[19:29:03] <Klaas Wierenga> <snif></snif>
[19:29:08] jimmie rodgers joins the room
[19:29:37] john.levine leaves the room
[19:29:55] <Klaas Wierenga> <rip />
[19:30:34] jimmie rodgers leaves the room
[19:32:03] john.levine joins the room
[19:33:10] <Eliot Lear> MIC: when we say vCard, does that mean we're gating on a JSON representation of vCard? if so, who is working on that?
[19:33:54] <Klaas Wierenga> aimed at?
[19:34:28] <Eliot Lear> klaas: hold it til the topic is flushed
[19:34:36] <Eliot Lear> <server testing>
[19:34:37] <Klaas Wierenga> i thought so
[19:41:36] <Eliot Lear> MIC: well aren't we in a bit of a pickle? we aren't decided about vCard but we need to decide damn quick. i'm not sure i heard from Leif how we converge.
[19:43:45] <Eliot Lear> huh?
[19:46:17] stpeter leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[19:49:56] <Klaas Wierenga> both agree
[19:50:10] <Leif Johansson> btw - the main deck show is actually the wrong one. the one on the materials page is now correct, sorry about that folks
[19:50:50] <Simon Romano> Goodbye everybody. See you again on Meetecho!
[19:51:00] <Klaas Wierenga> ciao
[19:51:01] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[19:51:03] <Simon Romano> Recordings of this session will be soon made available...
[19:51:09] <Simon Romano> Ciao :-)
[19:51:12] Klaas Wierenga leaves the room
[19:52:06] Barry Leiba leaves the room
[19:52:07] Melinda leaves the room
[19:52:49] <Eliot Lear> mic: i would see value in a virtual meeting to sorting the vCard issue ;-)
[19:54:13] cyrusdaboo leaves the room
[19:54:31] Simon Romano leaves the room
[19:56:04] Leif Johansson leaves the room
[19:56:07] Eliot Lear leaves the room
[19:56:47] john.levine leaves the room
[19:57:38] Meetecho Audio leaves the room
[19:59:09] Erik Wahlström leaves the room
[20:03:56] Tony Hansen leaves the room
[20:06:44] cyrusdaboo joins the room
[20:07:07] cyrusdaboo leaves the room
[20:08:37] tony.l.hansen leaves the room
[20:08:43] DanY leaves the room
[20:15:07] kazubu leaves the room
[21:06:05] Satoru Kanno joins the room
[21:06:20] Satoru Kanno leaves the room
[22:12:41] jtrentadams leaves the room