IETF
scim@jabber.ietf.org
Friday, 3 August 2012< ^ >
stpeter has set the subject to: SCIM BoF, IETF 83
Room Configuration

GMT+0
[14:51:58] stpeter joins the room
[14:53:21] stpeter has set the subject to: SCIM WG | IETF 84 | audio: http://ietf84streaming.dnsalias.net/ietf/ietf848.m3u
[17:46:14] Gregory Shapiro joins the room
[18:11:46] Erik Wahlström joins the room
[18:16:08] fumon joins the room
[18:18:35] barryleiba joins the room
[18:19:51] sftcd joins the room
[18:20:10] Rhys joins the room
[18:20:48] Klaas Wietenga joins the room
[18:20:54] Klaas Wietenga is now known as Klaas Wierenga’s iPad3
[18:21:32] Klaas Wierenga’s iPad3 leaves the room
[18:21:55] jonibrennan joins the room
[18:21:56] Klaas Wierenga joins the room
[18:21:58] Klaas Wierenga is now known as Klaas Wierenga’s iPad3
[18:22:02] Audio joins the room
[18:22:31] resnick joins the room
[18:22:51] <barryleiba> Remote people prefix with "mic:" to get channeled.
[18:23:07] lel joins the room
[18:23:24] <stpeter> will do
[18:23:36] Satoru Kanno joins the room
[18:24:17] Alessandro Amirante joins the room
[18:25:15] Robin Wilton joins the room
[18:25:57] Christoffer Holmstedt joins the room
[18:26:15] <Klaas Wierenga’s iPad3> Stpeter,all boxes packed?
[18:27:41] <barryleiba> Audio OK?
[18:27:53] <Gregory Shapiro> Yes, audio good. A little low for Kelly. Meetecho going to be used for this meeting? (URL gives, "The meeting session you requested is not available yet!")
[18:28:13] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 2: Agenda
[18:28:33] <barryleiba> Meetecho is seting up.
[18:28:51] <Klaas Wierenga’s iPad3> Better?
[18:28:54] <barryleiba> Better sound on Kelly?
[18:29:00] <stpeter> yes
[18:29:07] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 3: What is the problem?
[18:29:15] <Gregory Shapiro> Thanks!
[18:29:26] <Alessandro Amirante> Hi all, Meetecho is online at http://vancouver.conf.meetecho.com/WebLite/login.jsp?ietf=scim
[18:29:35] <Alessandro Amirante> sorry for being a little late :)
[18:29:45] <Alessandro Amirante> If you already are in the IETF jabber room, please remember to use a diffrent nickname when you also log into Meetecho.
[18:30:07] Erik Wahlstrom joins the room
[18:30:14] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 4: What is the problem?
[18:30:57] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 5: What is a user?
[18:31:31] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 6: How do we do it today?
[18:31:54] gshapiro joins the room
[18:33:18] gshapiro leaves the room
[18:33:21] kazubu joins the room
[18:34:00] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 7: What is SCIM?
[18:36:11] <jonibrennan> Slide 8: An example speaks 1111101000 words...
[18:36:45] <Alessandro Amirante> right... I was distracted :)
[18:36:56] <jonibrennan> =)
[18:37:12] Trey Drake joins the room
[18:38:18] Melinda joins the room
[18:38:35] <Melinda> i can't believe we're discussing "simple" that's reason not to use it right there.
[18:40:20] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 9: History Lesson
[18:41:32] <resnick> Glad I stepped out for that conversation. :)
[18:41:41] <barryleiba> he-he-he
[18:41:48] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 10: Deeper Dive
[18:42:06] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 11: Schema
[18:42:22] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[18:46:46] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 12: Model
[18:47:07] <Rhys> pool XML, nobody loves it any more. even though it tries so hard...
[18:48:06] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 13: Simple Structure
[18:48:27] <stpeter> Rhys: :)
[18:48:45] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 14: Example: User
[18:49:33] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 15: Example: Extended User
[18:51:45] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 16: Example: Group
[18:51:46] <Trey Drake> Goal was to register the core with IANA
[18:52:19] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 17: Protocol
[18:53:07] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 18: Operations
[18:54:02] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 19: Discovery
[18:54:55] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 20: Create Request
[18:55:45] Ray Pelletier joins the room
[18:55:56] Bob Hinden joins the room
[18:56:05] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 21: Create Response
[18:56:29] Alexa Morris joins the room
[18:56:33] <sftcd> no passwords in the examples
[18:57:02] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 22: Get Request
[18:57:28] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 23: Get Response
[18:57:32] Russ Housley joins the room
[18:57:39] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 24: Search Request
[18:59:05] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 25: Search Response
[18:59:33] Ray Pelletier leaves the room
[18:59:38] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 26: PATCH and Bulk
[19:00:30] Bob Hinden leaves the room
[19:00:31] Alexa Morris leaves the room
[19:04:53] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 27: Protocol Extensibility
[19:05:31] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 28: XML Schema
[19:06:02] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 29: Security Considerations
[19:06:08] <stpeter> I will post to the list, but I suggest that the WG participants might want to look at http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-json-home-00 instead of versioning in the URIs
[19:06:15] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 30: Protocol Security
[19:06:16] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 31: Sensitive Information in User
[19:06:32] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 30: Protocol Security
[19:09:36] Russ Housley leaves the room
[19:11:24] <sftcd> if the WG agree that TLS is mandatory to use that'd be good
[19:12:13] <stpeter> MIC: TLS being mandatory-to-implement does not mean TLS is mandatory-to-deploy!
[19:13:45] <resnick> @psa: Stephen's comment was "why not mandatory-to-use".
[19:14:04] <resnick> So this is about whether mandatory to deploy is a good idea.
[19:14:14] <stpeter> the slide says "MTI"
[19:14:25] <resnick> Right. That was why this started.
[19:14:49] <resnick> The question was whether he really meant MTI. He said MTU is probably right.
[19:14:50] <Klaas Wierenga’s iPad3> I don't think anyone argued against mti
[19:15:03] <Klaas Wierenga’s iPad3> Debate was mtu
[19:15:04] <stpeter> MIC: retracted, please ignore my previous comment :)
[19:15:16] <sftcd> @psa: just in time
[19:15:19] <stpeter> ;-)
[19:15:24] <barryleiba> [Barry sits]
[19:15:24] stpeter is now known as psa
[19:15:39] <Rhys> literally seconds from barry being about to open his mouth as well :)
[19:16:54] <Melinda> hear, hear
[19:17:15] <sftcd> paul's idea isn't a bad one IMO
[19:17:39] <psa> sftcd: actually I think the Security ADs need to formulate the policy ;-)
[19:17:49] <lel> And include operators of data centers in the conversation
[19:18:07] Trey Drake leaves the room
[19:18:22] kazubu leaves the room
[19:18:33] <sftcd> I'd expect a bit of input maybe:-)
[19:20:05] <lel> Just saying ops as well as apps :-)
[19:20:06] kazubu joins the room
[19:20:28] psa is looking forward to the Atlanta meeting already ;-)
[19:21:08] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 31: Sensitive Information in User
[19:21:57] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 32: Hi/Low Fidelity Bindings
[19:22:02] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 31: Sensitive Information in User
[19:24:33] Trey Drake joins the room
[19:25:44] <psa> did anyone else just lose audio?
[19:26:06] <Trey Drake> yes
[19:26:06] <Alessandro Amirante> psa: which audio are you talking about?
[19:26:13] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 32: Hi/Low Fidelity Bindings
[19:26:14] <psa> the audio stream
[19:26:17] <psa> not meetecho
[19:26:50] <Alessandro Amirante> ok... is it still off?
[19:26:52] <Erik Wahlström> audio stream have not been working at all for me. meetecho works fine.
[19:26:58] Peter Saint-Andre joins the room
[19:26:59] <Trey Drake> yes its still off
[19:27:10] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 33: Targeting
[19:27:16] <barryleiba> Checking on audio
[19:27:47] <psa> barryleiba: I think it's because the sessions were combined (two in one)
[19:28:03] <Alessandro Amirante> the laptob which streams the audio seems to be fine...
[19:28:12] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 34: 1.1 Release
[19:28:14] <psa> the Meetecho audio is fine
[19:28:15] jonibrennan leaves the room
[19:28:22] <psa> I'm just using that
[19:28:34] <psa> www.meetecho.com/ietf84/scim/
[19:28:47] Trey Drake leaves the room
[19:28:53] <Alessandro Amirante> BTW, Meetecho RTSP stream is at: rtsp://vancouver.conf.meetecho.com/nln0i2z.sdp
[19:28:56] <sftcd> what's OWF?
[19:29:12] <barryleiba> Open Web Fomething.
[19:29:14] <Klaas Wierenga’s iPad3> Open web foundation?
[19:29:28] <Erik Wahlström> http://www.openwebfoundation.org/
[19:29:28] <lel> Noc notified on audio
[19:29:31] <fumon> They're under core.
[19:30:53] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 35: What’s next?
[19:31:26] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 36: SCIM Core Values
[19:31:31] alexey.melnikov joins the room
[19:31:47] <lel> Audio back? Noc hears no problem
[19:33:55] <resnick> The audio is probably listed under the CORE session. We changed rooms.
[19:34:05] jonibrennan joins the room
[19:34:25] <resnick> We're in Regency F, not E.
[19:35:36] <lel> Right, and noc checked stream for F
[19:40:08] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[19:40:43] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 37: For more information…
[19:41:27] <sftcd> those should be https URLs I guess:-)
[19:41:30] <Erik Wahlström> SIte is almost done. Next week or the week after that.
[19:41:48] m&m joins the room
[19:42:16] <Lorenzo Miniero> Presentation stopped
[19:42:35] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 1: SCIM WG Discussion
[19:42:58] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 2: Directory and SCIM
[19:43:29] <Lorenzo Miniero> Current presenter: Phil Hunt
[19:46:23] Satoru Kanno leaves the room
[19:47:25] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 3: SCIM Path Discussion
[19:50:30] <resnick> And what is the name of that chap who was at the mic?
[19:51:13] <barryleiba> Kostas Pentikousis
[19:51:21] <resnick> Thx
[19:51:44] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 4: SCIM Path Cont'd
[19:51:53] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 5: Other Questions
[19:53:24] Satoru Kanno joins the room
[19:53:45] <sftcd> http f/w's less relevant if TLS mandatory to use though, or is that right?
[19:59:30] Klaas Wierenga’s iPad3 leaves the room
[20:00:40] <Melinda> it depends - there's a lot of interest in providing decryption keys to firewalls, also terminating/proxying tls at firewalls.
[20:08:01] <sftcd> @melinda: yes there's interest, but the TLS WG rejected that yet again this week
[20:11:23] lel leaves the room
[20:11:59] lel joins the room
[20:16:14] alex joins the room
[20:16:52] alex leaves the room
[20:18:57] <fumon> Whatever happens, can we get our drafts onto the scim WG datatracker instead of in the core WG?
[20:19:41] <resnick> How'd *that* happen?
[20:19:47] <Christoffer Holmstedt> @fumon Leif said in the beginning that...that will happen when they are renamed properly
[20:19:55] <Lorenzo Miniero> Presentation stopped
[20:19:55] Alessandro Amirante leaves the room
[20:20:00] m&m leaves the room
[20:20:13] Audio leaves the room
[20:20:15] <Christoffer Holmstedt> draft-scim-core matches "core" as WG and "scim" as name if I understood it correctly
[20:20:20] <Christoffer Holmstedt> in the datatracker
[20:20:23] Rhys leaves the room
[20:20:23] lel leaves the room
[20:20:50] <barryleiba> Should be "draft-<someone's name>-scim-core... that's the problem.
[20:20:50] Erik Wahlström leaves the room
[20:20:53] kazubu leaves the room
[20:20:53] sftcd leaves the room
[20:20:56] Erik Wahlstrom leaves the room
[20:20:58] <Christoffer Holmstedt> yea
[20:21:03] barryleiba leaves the room
[20:21:04] Peter Saint-Andre leaves the room
[20:21:07] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[20:21:08] Satoru Kanno leaves the room
[20:21:08] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[20:21:13] Christoffer Holmstedt leaves the room
[20:24:40] resnick leaves the room
[20:26:23] alexey.melnikov leaves the room
[20:28:20] Robin Wilton leaves the room
[20:29:23] jonibrennan leaves the room
[20:30:40] Melinda leaves the room: Computer went to sleep
[20:36:04] fumon leaves the room: Disconnected
[20:36:45] sftcd joins the room
[20:40:25] sftcd leaves the room
[20:40:41] psa leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[20:48:15] Rhys joins the room
[20:53:53] Rhys leaves the room
[20:54:26] Rhys joins the room
[20:56:24] Rhys leaves the room
[21:25:46] Gregory Shapiro leaves the room
[22:56:32] kazubu joins the room
[22:57:31] kazubu leaves the room