Tuesday, March 22, 2022< ^ >
alexamirante has set the subject to: REGEXT IETF112
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

[10:59:12] Yoshiro Yoneya joins the room
[11:33:04] Meetecho joins the room
[11:45:07] Yoshiro Yoneya_web_975 joins the room
[11:45:07] Jothan Frakes_web_704 joins the room
[11:45:07] Steve Crocker_web_877 joins the room
[11:45:07] Antoin Verschuren_web_734 joins the room
[11:45:07] Ching-Heng Ku_web_399 joins the room
[11:45:07] Heather Flanagan_web_605 joins the room
[11:47:59] Scott Hollenbeck_web_336 joins the room
[11:48:10] Paolo Navarretta_web_487 joins the room
[11:48:16] Geng-Da Tsai_web_299 joins the room
[11:50:14] Hugo Salgado_web_288 joins the room
[11:50:28] Hugo Salgado joins the room
[11:50:48] James Galvin_web_625 joins the room
[11:51:25] <James Galvin_web_625> hello
[11:51:31] Eduardo Alvarez_web_682 joins the room
[11:52:36] Paolo Navarretta_web_487 leaves the room
[11:53:11] <Hugo Salgado> Hi everyone.
[11:53:12] James Galvin_web_625 leaves the room
[11:53:22] Meetecho has set the subject to: REGEXT IETF113
[11:54:29] Mario Loffredo_web_897 joins the room
[11:54:34] James Galvin_web_870 joins the room
[11:54:44] <Heather Flanagan_web_605> Good morning!
[11:54:54] <Mario Loffredo_web_897> Hi all
[11:54:58] William Carroll_web_256 joins the room
[11:55:28] Suzanne Woolf_web_782 joins the room
[11:56:16] <James Galvin_web_870> MeetEcho - we are missing some slides from the materials.  they are in materials but not pre-loaded.
[11:56:23] <James Galvin_web_870> MeetEcho - can  you help
[11:56:32] George Michaelson_web_175 joins the room
[11:56:44] James Gould_web_331 joins the room
[11:57:05] Tobia Castaldi_web_365 joins the room
[11:57:05] <Meetecho> Ack, just a sec
[11:57:12] David Smith_web_983 joins the room
[11:57:27] <Meetecho> They should be there now
[11:57:34] <Heather Flanagan_web_605> Jim, I don't see our slides up for the data dictionary?
[11:57:34] Tom Harrison_web_357 joins the room
[11:57:35] Akira Shibuya_web_850 joins the room
[11:58:00] <Heather Flanagan_web_605> Yep, sorry about that
[11:58:11] <Meetecho> Heather: are they missing on the datatracker too?
[11:58:28] Gustavo Lozano_web_346 joins the room
[11:58:32] Hugo Kobayashi_web_867 joins the room
[11:58:33] Murray Kucherawy_web_310 joins the room
[11:58:50] <Heather Flanagan_web_605> Yes, Meetecho. I sent them just to Jim last week. Poor form on my part.
[11:59:00] Jan Romanowski_web_427 joins the room
[11:59:12] <Meetecho> No problem! Please let us know when they're there and we'll import those too
[11:59:14] <James Gould_web_331> It's strange seeing an almost completely empty room.
[12:00:21] Shumon Huque_web_335 joins the room
[12:00:22] <James Gould_web_331> You can dance and sing in the room
[12:00:37] <Meetecho> :)
[12:00:45] Richard Wilhelm_web_936 joins the room
[12:02:05] Ray Bellis_web_745 joins the room
[12:02:32] <Tobia Castaldi_web_365> we're checking it
[12:03:01] <Jan Romanowski_web_427> Hello :)
[12:03:21] <Richard Wilhelm_web_936> HBD!!!
[12:03:25] <Ray Bellis_web_745> Congrats!
[12:03:32] <Yoshiro Yoneya> HBD!
[12:03:33] <Tobia Castaldi_web_365> the online tool should work now!
[12:03:39] <Tobia Castaldi_web_365> *onsite
[12:03:54] <Suzanne Woolf_web_782> Happy Birthday Antoin!
[12:03:57] <Mario Loffredo_web_897> Happy Birthday Antoin
[12:04:20] Alexander Mayrhofer_web_132 joins the room
[12:04:41] Francisco Arias_web_991 joins the room
[12:05:32] Jiankang Yao_web_893 joins the room
[12:07:58] Michelle Cotton_web_416 joins the room
[12:08:52] <Ray Bellis_web_745> I can hear him *very* faintly
[12:09:12] <James Gould_web_331> I just add a comment
[12:09:20] <James Gould_web_331> Nothing material was changed to the draft
[12:09:53] <Yoshiro Yoneya> Who is taking notes?
[12:10:13] <James Galvin_web_870> How about you Yoneya-son?
[12:10:38] <Yoshiro Yoneya> It's hard for me :-|
[12:10:42] <James Galvin_web_870> All kidding aside, the agenda is pre-loaded in the note taking.
[12:10:58] <James Gould_web_331> I have faith in Jody
[12:11:01] <James Galvin_web_870> if folks could add bullet points as we go that would be great!
[12:11:56] <Richard Wilhelm_web_936> The notes doc looks empty?
[12:12:23] <Richard Wilhelm_web_936> or am I looking at the wrong doc?
[12:12:34] Yoshiro Yoneya_web_975 leaves the room
[12:12:34] <Richard Wilhelm_web_936> ah!
[12:12:38] Yoshiro Yoneya_web_698 joins the room
[12:12:41] <Richard Wilhelm_web_936> I didn't
[12:12:46] <Richard Wilhelm_web_936> but it looks GREAT!
[12:14:18] Jaromír Talíř_web_755 joins the room
[12:20:37] Jody Kolker_web_313 joins the room
[12:21:17] <James Galvin_web_870> Rick, did you want to speak?
[12:22:07] Jim Reid_web_661 joins the room
[12:22:15] <Richard Wilhelm_web_936> I will type in chat... was about JSContact; not urgent
[12:23:16] Matt Stock_web_823 joins the room
[12:23:31] <Yoshiro Yoneya> I'm sorry I was failed to update notes...
[12:23:47] <Richard Wilhelm_web_936> FYI:  Regarding JSContact:  would like to let everyone know that the ICANN RDAP Working Group is modifying the ICANN RDAP Profile such that RDAP responses may use JSContact and are not required to use jCard.
[12:23:57] Matt Stock_web_823 leaves the room
[12:24:54] <James Galvin_web_870> MeetEcho - can you reload the preloaded slides again please?
[12:25:06] Tobia Castaldi_web_365 leaves the room
[12:25:10] Tobia Castaldi_web_165 joins the room
[12:25:10] <Mario Loffredo_web_897> Cool. Thank you, Rick
[12:25:18] <Meetecho> Is there a new slide deck to import?
[12:25:29] <James Galvin_web_870> yes, the data dictionary slides
[12:25:35] <Meetecho> Done!
[12:26:19] <James Gould_web_331> If time permits at the end (if my audio works), I can speak to the Redacted Fields in the RDAP Response draft and one open issue associated with redaction methods.
[12:26:33] <James Galvin_web_870> Thanks Jim!
[12:27:05] <James Galvin_web_870> Thanks Meetecho!
[12:28:04] <George Michaelson_web_175> the GITHUB is private from what I can see
[12:28:21] <George Michaelson_web_175> (could be me, I might have misentered it but it wasnt 404 notexist)
[12:29:25] <Heather Flanagan_web_605> It says public. LInk:
[12:29:46] <Jan Romanowski_web_427> I can see the repo
[12:29:55] <Mario Loffredo_web_897> me too
[12:29:58] <Jan Romanowski_web_427> as public
[12:30:22] <George Michaelson_web_175> then its me. panic over
[12:30:29] <Heather Flanagan_web_605> :-D
[12:31:08] <George Michaelson_web_175> hflanagan must be wondering why I am trying (the L was missing in my typing)
[12:31:47] <Heather Flanagan_web_605> No worries. If you find the repository useful, then all is well in my part of the world.
[12:32:16] Marco Davids_web_364 joins the room
[12:38:20] Andrew Fregly_web_414 joins the room
[12:42:54] Jiankang Yao_web_893 leaves the room
[12:42:58] Jiankang Yao_web_627 joins the room
[12:44:41] <Richard Wilhelm_web_936> I think that Thomas Kuhn might have something to say about that ;-)
[12:44:58] <Heather Flanagan_web_605> No, definitions change over time.
[12:45:09] <Michelle Cotton_web_416> There are some examples of versioning within IANA registries.  Not many, but I recall a few. I'll have to find some examples for you.  I'll send mail.
[12:45:11] <Richard Wilhelm_web_936> +1 Heather
[12:45:33] <Heather Flanagan_web_605> Thanks, Michelle!
[12:46:06] Tony Finch_web_205 joins the room
[12:47:15] Jasdip Singh_web_886 joins the room
[12:50:17] <Gustavo Lozano_web_346> I think that conflicts are inevitable because it will be impossible to know all potential present and future local laws that may conflict with the definitions. I believe that the draft should contain some text explaining that in case of conflicts between the dictionary and other documents, the reader is advised to consult their own legal advisor.
[12:52:24] <Gustavo Lozano_web_346> A text similar to the text in RFC8179 (cited next) could help: "Readers are advised to consult their own legal advisors if they would like a legal interpretation of their rights or the rights of the IETF in any Contributions they make."
[12:53:13] <James Gould_web_331> No, you go ahead
[12:53:33] Michelle Cotton_web_416 leaves the room
[12:53:33] Murray Kucherawy_web_310 leaves the room
[12:53:57] Murray Kucherawy_web_302 joins the room
[12:55:00] Jasdip Singh_web_886 leaves the room
[12:55:04] Jasdip Singh_web_183 joins the room
[12:56:52] Jasdip Singh_web_183 leaves the room
[12:58:08] Sheng Cheng_web_500 joins the room
[12:59:34] Heather Flanagan_web_605 leaves the room
[12:59:45] Hugo Salgado_web_288 leaves the room
[13:01:25] Jasdip Singh_web_690 joins the room
[13:01:27] Shumon Huque_web_335 leaves the room
[13:02:00] <James Gould_web_331> I believe that the application session needs to be completely separated from the transport session
[13:02:44] <Jody Kolker_web_313> +1 Ulrich.
[13:03:09] Jasdip Singh_web_690 leaves the room
[13:03:11] Francisco Arias_web_991 leaves the room
[13:03:13] Jasdip Singh_web_969 joins the room
[13:04:58] <Jothan Frakes_web_704> related to my spoken comments for registrars related to the data dictionary, I have written them in the GitHub repo
[13:05:00] <James Gould_web_331> Establish the cookie at setup of the connection and not link it to the EPP Login Command.
[13:05:01] Jasdip Singh_web_969 leaves the room
[13:05:48] <Murray Kucherawy_web_302> We should take this to the list, please. We're five minutes over and still in discussion.
[13:06:20] Andrew Fregly_web_414 leaves the room
[13:06:21] <Gustavo Lozano_web_346> +1 Murray
[13:07:00] Ray Bellis_web_745 leaves the room
[13:07:52] <Jothan Frakes_web_704> great session, thank you
[13:08:01] <Suzanne Woolf_web_782> Thanks Antoin and Jim!
[13:08:01] Murray Kucherawy_web_302 leaves the room
[13:08:03] <Scott Hollenbeck_web_336> Bye!
[13:08:08] Alper Demir_web_764 joins the room
[13:08:11] <Richard Wilhelm_web_936> "by committee"
[13:08:13] William Carroll_web_256 leaves the room
[13:08:14] James Gould_web_331 leaves the room
[13:08:18] Tom Harrison_web_357 leaves the room
[13:08:22] Gustavo Lozano_web_346 leaves the room
[13:08:23] <Richard Wilhelm_web_936> PHILLY!
[13:08:24] Meetecho leaves the room
[13:08:26] Hugo Kobayashi_web_867 leaves the room
[13:08:27] Scott Hollenbeck_web_336 leaves the room
[13:08:28] James Galvin_web_870 leaves the room
[13:08:28] Jan Romanowski_web_427 leaves the room
[13:08:30] Richard Wilhelm_web_936 leaves the room
[13:08:32] <George Michaelson_web_175> gefeliciteerd
[13:08:33] <Mario Loffredo_web_897> Bye bye everyone. Thanks for th e feedback
[13:08:33] Eduardo Alvarez_web_682 leaves the room
[13:08:33] Suzanne Woolf_web_782 leaves the room
[13:08:39] Steve Crocker_web_877 leaves the room
[13:08:39] Antoin Verschuren_web_734 leaves the room
[13:08:39] Geng-Da Tsai_web_299 leaves the room
[13:08:39] Mario Loffredo_web_897 leaves the room
[13:08:39] David Smith_web_983 leaves the room
[13:08:39] George Michaelson_web_175 leaves the room
[13:08:39] Jothan Frakes_web_704 leaves the room
[13:08:39] Akira Shibuya_web_850 leaves the room
[13:08:39] Alexander Mayrhofer_web_132 leaves the room
[13:08:39] Yoshiro Yoneya_web_698 leaves the room
[13:08:39] Ching-Heng Ku_web_399 leaves the room
[13:08:39] Jody Kolker_web_313 leaves the room
[13:08:39] Jaromír Talíř_web_755 leaves the room
[13:08:39] Marco Davids_web_364 leaves the room
[13:08:39] Jim Reid_web_661 leaves the room
[13:08:39] Jiankang Yao_web_627 leaves the room
[13:08:39] Tobia Castaldi_web_165 leaves the room
[13:08:39] Tony Finch_web_205 leaves the room
[13:08:39] Sheng Cheng_web_500 leaves the room
[13:08:39] Alper Demir_web_764 leaves the room
[13:08:54] Yoshiro Yoneya leaves the room
[13:14:23] Hugo Salgado leaves the room