IETF
regent
regext@jabber.ietf.org
Friday, November 18, 2016< ^ >
Scott Hollenbeck has set the subject to: REGEXT WG at IETF-97
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[00:08:22] Antoin joins the room
[00:13:53] Meetecho joins the room
[00:19:28] <Antoin> Greetings to all of you in Seoul. Pity I canโ€™t be there again!๐Ÿ˜”
[00:23:58] danyork joins the room
[00:25:13] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[00:25:18] Antoin Verschuren joins the room
[00:26:18] Rik Ribbers joins the room
[00:26:18] Jim Galvin joins the room
[00:26:50] <Jim Galvin> Good morning!  Chair here.  Almost setup.
[00:27:40] <Antoin Verschuren> Mic is on, can hear you loud and clear
[00:28:16] Moritz joins the room
[00:28:20] Jeremy Kilikio joins the room
[00:29:12] Rik Ribbers leaves the room
[00:29:37] Rik Ribbers joins the room
[00:29:37] kal joins the room
[00:30:52] Noguchi Shoji joins the room
[00:31:21] marco@nl joins the room
[00:32:21] Peter Koch joins the room
[00:32:31] Audric Schiltknecht joins the room
[00:32:56] <marco@nl> Redudant Antoin's, thats nice
[00:33:11] Alissa Cooper joins the room
[00:33:15] <Antoin Verschuren> :D
[00:33:19] <marco@nl> ;-)
[00:34:56] <kal> hi. Jabber scribing. please type slowly and loudly.
[00:35:37] <kal> no chair slides to share.
[00:35:57] <kal> Existing documents status
[00:37:07] <kal> draft-ietf-eppext-keyrelay - consideration of ipr
[00:38:23] naptee joins the room
[00:38:42] <kal> Jim Galvin - not a lot of support on mailing list for moving this document forward at the moment
[00:39:22] <kal> jim - opening this for discussion. so far consensus seems to be to wait
[00:39:44] <kal> alisa cooper speaking.
[00:39:54] Simon Romano joins the room
[00:40:23] <kal> only seen support for moving this forward.
[00:40:40] <kal> jim galvin - I've only seen support from authors
[00:41:07] <kal> ulrich from IIS at mic
[00:41:19] <kal> - would like to move the document forward
[00:42:31] <kal> olufur at mic
[00:42:34] <Rik Ribbers> hummmmm
[00:43:02] <danyork> hum yes
[00:43:11] <kal> jim Galvin - sense of the room is to move it forward
[00:43:51] <kal> draft-ietf-regext-epp-rdap-status-mapping - epp state vs business rules discussion
[00:44:07] <kal> jim gould at mic
[00:44:11] Olafur Gudmundsson joins the room
[00:44:39] <kal> -idocument is waiting for re-review from IANA
[00:45:03] <Antoin Verschuren> how about the review if all the statusses are now "state"in stead of "business rules"?
[00:45:15] <kal> alissa cooper at mic - will check on status
[00:46:11] <kal> WG last call documents
[00:46:24] <kal> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-launchphase/
[00:46:49] <kal> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-tmch-func-spec/
[00:47:03] <kal> gustavo lozarno at mic
[00:48:05] <kal> will try to understand issues raised by patrick falstrom
[00:48:06] Peter Koch leaves the room
[00:49:11] <kal> launchphase will move forward
[00:49:11] Olafur Gudmundsson leaves the room
[00:49:27] <kal> sorry. that was Jim galvin for the last comment.
[00:49:41] <kal> Existing Document status
[00:50:56] <kal> slides:
[00:51:41] <kal> https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/97/slides/slides-97-regext-2ci-dnsbundled-bof-00.pdf
[00:51:45] Olafur joins the room
[00:52:58] naptee leaves the room
[00:53:03] Job Snijders joins the room
[00:53:54] <kal> richard merdinger at mic
[00:54:57] <kal> doesnt want to solve all bundling problems. would like to focus on getting the simple case defined
[00:55:40] <kal> jim galvin - the mailing list in the slides refers to the dnsbundled mailing list
[00:55:55] <kal> jim gould at mic
[00:56:26] <kal> alex mayrhofer at mic
[00:56:46] <kal> agress with jim that provisioning should be out of scope
[00:57:23] <kal> jim at mic: worthwhile to look at registration side and continue with the document
[00:57:47] <kal> that was jim gould at mic
[00:57:59] <kal> slides
[00:58:11] <kal> https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/97/slides/slides-97-regext-2cii-reseller-drafts-linlin-zhou-00.pdf
[00:58:23] <kal> linlin zhou
[00:59:04] naptee joins the room
[01:01:41] naptee leaves the room
[01:02:47] Peter Koch joins the room
[01:05:29] <kal> jim galvin: anyone else who has a use case?
[01:05:30] marco@nl leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[01:05:34] John Levine joins the room
[01:05:39] Jeremy Kilikio leaves the room
[01:05:44] marco@nl joins the room
[01:05:46] <kal> jim gould at mic
[01:06:04] Christos Chrysou joins the room
[01:06:20] <kal> I pushed for reseller object. pushing non authoritative data to registry is an anit pattern
[01:06:32] <Antoin Verschuren> (Y) for James remark.
[01:06:42] <kal> alex mayrhofer at mic
[01:07:02] <kal> with flexibility comes great complexity
[01:07:15] <Christos Chrysou> I can say that CORE Association also needs this reseller extension
[01:08:00] <Antoin Verschuren> Christos: Which option? A-D?
[01:08:19] <kal> if resellers want to connect to the registry, why dont they get their own account
[01:08:27] <kal> jody kolker at mic
[01:08:55] <kal> agree with alex, this is adding a lot of complication
[01:09:03] <kal> godaddy would never do this
[01:09:17] <Christos Chrysou> We would prefer option C or option D
[01:09:52] <kal> from the jabber scribe: if you want me to read out your comment please let me know
[01:09:55] <Antoin Verschuren> State at the Mic please jabber scribe....
[01:10:30] <kal> at mic: I'm not in favour of a reseller object. strange that there is no registrar object
[01:10:44] <kal> that was patrick mevek at mic
[01:11:10] <Christos Chrysou> Yes please go forward.
[01:11:29] <kal> sorry. you are listed as a string of numbers. please type your name and affilliation
[01:11:47] <kal> scott hollenbeck at mic
[01:11:48] <Christos Chrysou> In general we are in favor of having the capability for more information than just the name. We believe that we will need more and more information about resellers in the future.
[01:12:20] <kal> if we do go down the path of defining a new object. I would prefer to describe an entity that can have multiple roles
[01:12:44] <Antoin Verschuren> I agree with Scott, It does not need to be complex if you don't want to, but make it generic
[01:12:54] <Christos Chrysou> Also agree
[01:12:56] <kal> ulrich at mic
[01:13:14] <kal> a whole another lever of hell.
[01:13:20] <kal> too much complexity
[01:13:46] <kal> at CORE jabber commenter. please type your name so I can read out your comment at mic
[01:14:49] <Christos Chrysou> Christos Chrysou from CORE Association
[01:15:10] <kal> thank you christos. please restate your comment or question
[01:15:24] <kal> roger carney at mic
[01:15:50] <kal> restating that this should be optional
[01:16:02] <kal> rich merdinger at mic
[01:16:23] <Christos Chrysou> We at CORE association also need this. Also further we would prefer to have an entity object that can have multiple roles.
[01:16:26] <kal> the reseller is an agent for the registrar.
[01:16:52] naptee joins the room
[01:17:14] <Antoin Verschuren> PLEASE RELAY at the mic: We are not discussing business policy here, but best design!
[01:18:33] <marco@nl> Chair is nodding for 'yes indeed'
[01:18:50] <marco@nl> (at least that was my impression)
[01:19:44] <kal> scribe's jabber client not showing names from meet echo participants. please state your name if you want me to read a comment and are on meet echo.
[01:20:09] Moritz leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[01:20:10] naptee leaves the room
[01:20:10] Moritz joins the room
[01:20:25] <kal> jim galvin: theres a piece of this that still want to go down standards track.
[01:21:14] <kal> epp-reseller extension. we want to make that standards track - linlin zhou
[01:21:37] <kal> jim galvin: any reaction from the room?
[01:21:47] <kal> jim gould at mic
[01:21:50] <Antoin Verschuren> (Y) I agree with James!
[01:22:26] <kal> we are going down the wrong path.
[01:22:35] <kal> ning kong at mic
[01:22:50] <Antoin Verschuren> Please RELAY at mic (Antoin) Hum for options a-D
[01:22:52] <kal> support that we move forward reseller extension first
[01:23:09] <kal> and we move the reseller draft on the mailing list
[01:24:00] <kal> jim galvin: would you like us to get a sense of the room (to linlin)
[01:24:22] <kal> are folks prepared to hum on a-d?
[01:24:31] <kal> rich merdinger at mic
[01:24:41] <kal> dont hum with more options to come
[01:24:48] <kal> alissa cooper at mic
[01:25:15] <kal> suggest show of hands on options. so we don't need consensus
[01:25:44] <kal> please state that you are raising your hand for each option,
[01:25:59] <kal> option A:
[01:26:15] <kal> any hands?
[01:26:41] <Christos Chrysou> C. Hands up, D. Hands up
[01:26:56] <Antoin Verschuren> D
[01:28:30] <kal> epp-fees document
[01:28:44] naptee joins the room
[01:30:04] <kal> next up documents:
[01:30:22] <kal> does anyone want to discuss any of these documents?
[01:30:36] <kal> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-allocation-token/
[01:30:36] <kal>         
[01:30:36] <kal> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-change-poll/
[01:30:36] <kal>         
[01:30:36] <kal> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-verificationcode/
[01:30:36] <kal>         
[01:30:36] <kal> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-nv-mapping/
[01:30:36] <kal>
[01:30:48] <kal> jim gould at mic
[01:31:23] <kal> nv-mapping is informational
[01:31:55] <kal> jim gould - we are using change poll more and more
[01:32:23] <kal> neils tenoever at mic
[01:32:43] <kal> I think think there are some privacy consequences
[01:33:22] <kal> look at privacy guidelines from IAB and hrpc
[01:33:27] <kal> jim gould at mic
[01:34:10] <kal> please post concerns on mailing list
[01:34:25] <kal> niels at mic
[01:35:00] <kal> the verification obligation raises privacy concerns
[01:35:05] <kal> jim gould at mic
[01:35:28] <kal> that is an architecture concern
[01:36:12] <kal> niels at mic: the concept of verified providers is concern
[01:36:21] <kal> live issue work
[01:37:33] naptee leaves the room
[01:39:23] <kal> alex mayrhofer at mic
[01:39:38] <kal> you can't solve any issue in 5 mins
[01:39:43] Simon Pietro Romano joins the room
[01:40:06] Christos Chrysou leaves the room
[01:40:08] <kal> get 3-5 people who are interested meet during the work
[01:40:19] <kal> *week
[01:40:28] Jeremy Kilikio joins the room
[01:40:40] <kal> have the design or work team report to the group during the regext meeting
[01:41:08] <kal> jim galvin: it turns out that for this group that there is just 3-5 people interested in these documents
[01:41:36] <kal> alissa cooper at mic
[01:42:15] <kal> there's a lot of flexibility here. you could schedule an hour for an editing session and request another slot for presentation
[01:42:39] <kal> you could request a U shape for the group if it stays this small
[01:43:04] <kal> alex mayrhofer at mic
[01:43:41] <kal> if we are requesting editing sessions. then we should split the room. so we can edit multiple drafts
[01:44:03] <kal> jim galvin: prefer to request two smaller meeting slots
[01:44:13] <kal> jody kolker at mic
[01:44:57] <kal> any interest in having a having a phone call between meetings for those interested in a draft
[01:45:38] <kal> jim galvin: you can have an ad-hoc meeting. but there is some formality with interim meetings
[01:45:43] <kal> jim gould at mic:
[01:45:55] <kal> like the idea of the break out session
[01:46:21] <kal> alissa cooper at mic
[01:46:35] <kal> there isnt a high barrier to interim meetings.
[01:47:08] <kal> jim galvin: there is interest in having some kind of working session
[01:47:50] <kal> two kinds: interim, ad-hoc or not and multiple shorter meetings during IETF
[01:48:43] <kal> antoin: 3rd option. those with documents coming up should suggest that they are having an editing session before the meeting.
[01:48:57] <kal> alex mayrhofer at mic
[01:49:17] <kal> works well if the author is the one organising it.
[01:50:02] <kal> call for adoption
[01:50:05] <kal> slides
[01:50:17] <kal> https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/97/slides/slides-97-regext-4-validate-extension-roger-carney-01.pdf
[01:54:01] <kal> jim galvin: the request is for moving this forward to standards track
[01:54:12] <kal> all those in favour please hum
[01:54:44] <kal> there appears to be consensus for moving this forward
[01:55:00] <kal> scott hollenbeck at mic
[01:55:29] <kal> I'd like to put implementation status into documents
[01:55:55] <kal> niels at mic
[01:56:13] <kal> there are no privacy consideration in this document. please add
[01:56:32] <Scott Hollenbeck> Implementation status: RFC7942
[01:56:46] <kal> gustovo talking about data escrow
[01:56:55] <kal> gustavo lozarno
[01:59:11] <kal> jim galvin: request that these documents be proposed on mailing list
[01:59:20] <kal> ed lewis at mic
[01:59:39] <kal> do these documents need work or do they need to be published
[02:00:39] <kal> scott hollenbeck at mic
[02:00:41] <Antoin Verschuren> Question: Is there consensus on the registrar expiration date allready?
[02:00:48] <Antoin Verschuren> oops, too late :-(
[02:00:57] <kal> how many implementing rdap
[02:01:13] <kal> I can ask at mic if you wish antoin?
[02:01:44] <Antoin Verschuren> I'll ask on the mailinglist when the documents are sugeted for adoption. Thanx
[02:01:53] <kal> ok
[02:03:00] <kal> scott: any one of my three documents that interests you. please contact me
[02:03:32] Scott Hollenbeck leaves the room
[02:03:35] marco@nl leaves the room
[02:03:41] Moritz leaves the room
[02:03:46] <kal> jim galvin: thanks and we are adjourned
[02:03:50] John Levine leaves the room
[02:03:51] Audric Schiltknecht leaves the room: La machine se met en veille
[02:04:16] Noguchi Shoji leaves the room
[02:04:32] Job Snijders leaves the room
[02:04:39] Rik Ribbers leaves the room
[02:04:39] Antoin Verschuren leaves the room
[02:04:39] Simon Pietro Romano leaves the room
[02:04:39] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[02:04:39] Jeremy Kilikio leaves the room
[02:04:39] kal leaves the room
[02:04:39] Meetecho leaves the room
[02:05:24] Olafur leaves the room
[02:06:47] Antoin leaves the room
[02:08:28] danyork leaves the room
[02:10:35] Audric Schiltknecht joins the room
[02:11:24] Jim Galvin leaves the room
[02:27:30] Audric Schiltknecht leaves the room: La machine se met en veille
[02:28:20] Peter Koch leaves the room
[02:29:24] Alissa Cooper leaves the room
[02:32:22] danyork joins the room
[02:55:16] Alissa Cooper joins the room
[02:58:05] Moritz joins the room
[02:58:14] Moritz leaves the room
[03:00:27] Olafur joins the room
[03:39:54] Alissa Cooper leaves the room
[03:43:06] Olafur leaves the room
[03:47:57] Peter Koch joins the room
[04:03:04] Peter Koch leaves the room
[04:06:16] danyork leaves the room
[04:16:10] Jim Galvin joins the room
[04:17:10] Jim Galvin leaves the room
[04:46:34] Alissa Cooper joins the room
[04:54:50] Simon Romano leaves the room
[05:14:26] Alissa Cooper leaves the room
[06:21:50] Simon Romano joins the room
[06:30:50] Simon Romano leaves the room
[07:29:51] Olafur Gudmundsson joins the room
[07:30:08] Olafur Gudmundsson leaves the room