IETF
precis@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, March 14, 2013< ^ >
yone has set the subject to: précis wg :) | http://tools.ietf.org/wg/precis/ | IETF 85 | slides at https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/85/materials.html#session.group-precis | audio at http://ietf85streaming.dnsalias.net/ietf/ietf851.m3u
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[14:26:34] yone joins the room
[14:29:29] yone has set the subject to: précis wg :) | http://tools.ietf.org/wg/precis/ | IETF 86 | slides at https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/86/materials.html#session.group-precis | audio at http://ietf86streaming.dnsalias.net/ietf/ietf861.m3u
[14:30:46] yone leaves the room
[16:38:35] yone joins the room
[16:56:00] tlyu joins the room
[16:58:51] m&m joins the room
[16:59:08] tony.l.hansen joins the room
[17:00:01] kaduk@mit.edu/barnowl joins the room
[17:02:13] stpeter joins the room
[17:02:55] marc.blanchet.qc joins the room
[17:03:08] nemo joins the room
[17:03:23] hildjj joins the room
[17:03:42] <stpeter> is anyone in the chatroom not in the physical room?
[17:03:45] Behnam joins the room
[17:04:25] <m&m> slide WG doc status update/discussion
[17:05:00] <kaduk@mit.edu/barnowl> *raises virtual hand missing physical hand*
[17:05:01] <m&m> anyone in this room not IRL?
[17:05:04] <m&m> thanks
[17:05:16] <m&m> if you have something to say, please preface with mic:
[17:05:26] resnick joins the room
[17:05:39] <kaduk@mit.edu/barnowl> Will do, thanks.
[17:06:06] resnick leaves the room
[17:06:15] <m&m> presentation: PRECIS Open Issues (Peter Saint-Andre)
[17:06:43] Tobias joins the room
[17:06:58] <m&m> slide: General Issues
[17:07:07] Andrew Sullivan joins the room
[17:07:17] MattJ joins the room
[17:07:54] <m&m> slide: framework + saslprep
[17:08:43] resnick joins the room
[17:10:34] <m&m> slideL Option 2: Modify SASL-level Construct
[17:11:29] semery joins the room
[17:15:18] sm joins the room
[17:18:13] <m&m> anyone in favor of a particular option?
[17:19:39] <tlyu> trying to see if i can summon Nico
[17:19:45] <m&m> thanks
[17:20:41] nico joins the room
[17:20:45] <nico> hi
[17:20:54] <nico> I hear there's business for me here
[17:21:21] <kaduk@mit.edu/barnowl> http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/86/slides/slides-86-precis-1.pdf has two
options
[17:21:32] <resnick> Can you tell us why Option 2 is objectionable to you?
[17:21:39] <kaduk@mit.edu/barnowl> The physical room is in favor of option 2 and you were cited as
speaking in favor of option 1
[17:22:08] <nico> what are these options?
[17:22:25] <resnick> Option 1: Add more stuff to NameClass
[17:22:51] <m&m> Option 2: redefine "simpleusername" in saslprep to be simplepart or simplepart@domainpart
[17:23:25] KIM Kyongsok joins the room
[17:23:37] <nico> yeah, I complained about no spaces in usernames -- there are plenty of games where users are allowed to have weird chars in usernames
[17:23:41] <resnick> Where "simplepart" is just 1*NameClass.
[17:24:13] <m&m> nico: do you want that echoed at the mic?
[17:24:28] <nico> m&M: I'm not sure, since I missed everything :)
[17:24:48] <nico> I gather my objection at kitten was voiced properly
[17:24:50] <resnick> s/NameClass/NameClassPoint above. But the question is are you OK with us only defining NameClassPoint as not including spaces or "@"s or other stuff, and if you want something with those things, define them as such.
[17:25:15] <nico> sure, but we'll need that something
[17:25:18] <nico> for SASL
[17:25:40] tlyu leaves the room
[17:25:45] tlyu joins the room
[17:26:34] <nico> thanks
[17:26:59] <nico> sure, that works
[17:27:36] <nico> I mean, I think it's a bit silly -- we could define a WeirdNameClass or a GameNameClass
[17:27:42] <nico> but as long as it works I'm happy
[17:27:44] <nico> :)
[17:28:04] <m&m> stpeter will get text out by the end of the month
[17:29:05] <nico> I guess I'm less interested in constraints where usernames are *used* and more in what deployments can choose to apply at *registration* time
[17:29:37] <nico> s/can/can or should (and even must)/
[17:30:19] <resnick> You want that mic'ed?
[17:30:20] <m&m> if anyone remote wants something said IRL, please preface with mic:
[17:30:29] <resnick> :) Thanks Matt.
[17:30:32] <m&m> nico: would you like that echoed?
[17:30:35] <nico> the point is to appeal to uncharacteristic app devs (game apps instead of "Internet" apps) where users get much more freedom
[17:30:42] <nico> m&M: naw, we'
[17:30:47] <nico> ll hash this out on the list
[17:31:00] <nico> but bring it to stpeter's attention?
[17:31:03] <m&m> noted (-:
[17:31:06] <nico> he might think this is best discussed now
[17:31:14] <m&m> it has been discussed previously, but it doesn't hurt to talk about it more
[17:31:46] <nico> m&M: I don't want to take WG time if there's other things to discuss, I just don't want this lost either
[17:32:23] john.levine joins the room
[17:32:43] <nico> for usernames
[17:33:19] <nico> I like the IDNA analogy
[17:33:46] <nico> yes, jabber servers will want RFC2822-compatible usernames
[17:33:54] <nico> while games won't give a damn
[17:34:07] <nico> one game I play (bzflag) allows spaces in usernames
[17:34:09] <sm> 5322
[17:34:14] <nico> FB is another good example
[17:34:18] <nico> sm: thx
[17:34:22] <nico> sm: :)
[17:34:24] <resnick> @sm: We heard what he meant. ;-)
[17:34:26] <tlyu> some wikis allow spaces in usernames; others don't
[17:34:38] <sm> Yes :-)
[17:35:05] <nico> (actually, jabber probably wants a subset of RFC5322)
[17:35:13] Will Fiveash joins the room
[17:37:01] <nico> basically in *query* syntax almost anything should be allowed; ditto storage and other syntaxes, really, but we'll want to define subsets usable for registration time constraints (but jabber, mail, and other apps)
[17:37:42] <nico> so what I'd like is to define a number of character classes and/or syntaxes and advices apps to pick one to enforce at registration time, and also tell them that they can define their own
[17:38:38] <nico> so a SASL SCRAM client shouldn't have to care much here -- it should only check that query syntax is valid -- there may be prohibitions here, but they'll be for absolutely bad idea codepoints/characters
[17:38:55] <nico> mic the above if you can pls :)
[17:39:07] <m&m> got it
[17:39:13] <nico> thx!
[17:41:45] <m&m> next presentation
[17:42:08] <stpeter> nico: thanks for the feedback!
[17:42:16] <m&m> Mapping characters for PRECIS classes (Takahiro Nemoto)
[17:42:28] <nico> stpeter: thanks for asking!  I'd have missed this completely otherwie
[17:42:31] <nico> otherwise
[17:42:33] <m&m> slide Changes from −00 to −01
[17:42:33] <stpeter> how is the audio?
[17:42:43] <nico> it's pretty good
[17:42:45] <kaduk@mit.edu/barnowl> audio is okay
[17:42:45] <stpeter> ok
[17:42:56] <nico> yesterday at WEBSEC it kept dropping out
[17:42:58] <stpeter> Nemoto-san's mic is not ideally situated
[17:43:06] <kaduk@mit.edu/barnowl> a little quiet and some noise from the mic rubbing on shirt (?), but
it's acceptable.
[17:43:07] <m&m> slide Open issues (1/2)
[17:43:31] <stpeter> kaduk@mit.edu/barnowl: shirt noise fixed :)
[17:43:41] <kaduk@mit.edu/barnowl> stpeter: Indeed, thanks :)
[17:50:25] <m&m> slide Open Issues (2/2)
[17:50:29] <m&m> slide Open Issues (1/2)
[17:50:48] <m&m> slide Open Issues (2/2)
[17:51:29] <m&m> next presentation
[17:51:51] <m&m> presentation PRECIS Framework Implementation (Takahiro Nemoto)
[17:53:41] m&m looks at last meeting's minutes
[17:53:46] nemo leaves the room
[17:53:53] <m&m> I think the JH work was something done post meeting (-:
[17:54:04] <m&m> we didn't decide anything in the meeting itself
[17:55:08] <hildjj> yeah, i don't see it in the minutes.  i'll re-do the work.
[17:55:16] <m&m> well, we didn't decide a processing order
[17:55:24] <m&m> decided a separation of concerns
[17:55:31] <m&m> slide Purposes of the implementation
[17:56:45] <m&m> slide Targets of implementation and processes
[17:57:58] <m&m> slide Summary or results (1/2)
[17:59:08] <m&m> slide Summary of results (2/2)
[17:59:21] <m&m> slide Recommendation of protocol profile designers
[18:00:23] Zash joins the room
[18:00:25] <m&m> slide Recommendation for developers
[18:04:54] <m&m> chairs - next steps
[18:05:17] <m&m> any comments from the chatroom on nickname?
[18:17:09] <m&m> remember: if you want anything channeled IRL, please preface with mic:
[18:17:10] <m&m> and speak up!
[18:18:26] nemo joins the room
[18:21:52] nemo leaves the room
[18:23:29] nemo joins the room
[18:29:29] marc.blanchet.qc leaves the room
[18:29:47] sm leaves the room
[18:30:08] hildjj leaves the room
[18:31:14] nemo leaves the room
[18:31:14] Andrew Sullivan leaves the room
[18:31:16] m&m leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[18:32:00] Will Fiveash leaves the room
[18:32:30] yone leaves the room: コンピューターが休止します
[18:33:17] stpeter leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[18:35:54] resnick leaves the room
[18:36:31] semery leaves the room
[18:38:32] KIM Kyongsok leaves the room
[18:42:01] kaduk@mit.edu/barnowl leaves the room
[18:44:49] Behnam leaves the room
[18:51:39] marc.blanchet.qc joins the room
[18:57:02] tlyu leaves the room
[19:05:41] marc.blanchet.qc leaves the room
[19:06:00] semery joins the room
[19:09:33] semery leaves the room
[19:10:50] marc.blanchet.qc joins the room
[19:14:26] hildjj joins the room
[19:14:30] hildjj leaves the room
[19:14:34] hildjj joins the room
[19:14:51] hildjj leaves the room
[19:14:58] john.levine leaves the room
[19:17:02] m&m joins the room
[19:17:05] m&m leaves the room
[19:17:31] john.levine joins the room
[19:18:25] marc.blanchet.qc leaves the room
[19:31:14] nico leaves the room
[19:35:48] stpeter joins the room
[19:56:01] tony.l.hansen leaves the room
[20:19:29] john.levine leaves the room
[20:24:47] stpeter leaves the room
[20:28:45] Zash leaves the room
[22:07:29] Tobias leaves the room: Disconnected: timeout during receiving
[22:07:29] Tobias joins the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!