IETF
precis@jabber.ietf.org
Tuesday, 6 November 2012< ^ >
yone has set the subject to: précis wg :) | http://tools.ietf.org/wg/precis/ | IETF 84 | slides at https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/84/materials.html#session.group-precis | audio at http://ietf84streaming.dnsalias.net/ietf/ietf843.m3u | Meetecho at http://www.meetecho.com/ietf84/precis
Room Configuration

GMT+0
[15:50:18] yone joins the room
[15:52:52] yone has set the subject to: précis wg :) | http://tools.ietf.org/wg/precis/ | IETF 85 | slides at https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/85/materials.html#session.group-precis | audio at http://ietf85streaming.dnsalias.net/ietf/ietf851.m3u
[16:20:02] yone leaves the room
[16:20:27] yone joins the room
[16:36:54] yone leaves the room
[17:48:12] yone joins the room
[17:48:28] yone leaves the room
[17:48:34] yone joins the room
[17:53:53] SM joins the room
[18:01:51] tony.l.hansen joins the room
[18:02:10] Dowon Kim joins the room
[18:02:35] joseph.yee joins the room
[18:04:26] m&m joins the room
[18:04:42] kazubu joins the room
[18:04:46] marc.blanchet.qc joins the room
[18:05:11] <joseph.yee> hi all, this is Joseph, I will be jabber scribe for precis
[18:05:15] bkihara.l joins the room
[18:05:22] Andrew Sullivan joins the room
[18:05:35] <joseph.yee> WG deliverables update
[18:05:47] <marc.blanchet.qc> thanks Joseph
[18:06:09] <joseph.yee> next slide: WG Doc Status Update / Discussion
[18:06:36] <joseph.yee> 3 cores, 3 individuals, 3 related docs
[18:07:10] <joseph.yee> slide: Proposed Agenda
[18:07:17] stpeter joins the room
[18:07:32] <joseph.yee> presentation: PRECIS open issues
[18:07:57] <joseph.yee> PSA is the speaker
[18:08:15] <joseph.yee> Peter Saint-Andre, that is
[18:08:56] <joseph.yee> Pete on mic
[18:09:03] <joseph.yee> (Resnick)
[18:09:21] <joseph.yee> Presentation now
[18:09:48] <joseph.yee> General Issues
[18:10:38] <joseph.yee> had code for code point tables in IDNA, some work could add for PRECIS
[18:11:32] <joseph.yee> need comparison between precis and previous
[18:11:49] <joseph.yee> slide: precis-framework
[18:12:02] <joseph.yee> talked about width mapping
[18:12:52] hildjj joins the room
[18:13:07] <joseph.yee> Yoshiro Yoyena on mic
[18:13:24] <joseph.yee> Yoneya: mapping doc covers width mapping
[18:13:49] <joseph.yee> width mapping is mandatory since it happened in East Asian
[18:13:54] <joseph.yee> Joel on mic
[18:14:17] <joseph.yee> joel: need to mention it in framework
[18:14:23] <joseph.yee> pete resnick on mic
[18:15:52] <joseph.yee> pete: ok in framework, not necessary for 'MUST'
[18:17:00] <joseph.yee> psa: clarify the rules rather than 'thou shall map this way...'
[18:17:11] <joseph.yee> joel on mic
[18:19:13] <joseph.yee> joel on mic about prefer being explicit of doc on width mapping
[18:19:20] <hildjj> joseph.yee: I'm "Joe Hildebrand", not "Joel", sorry I wasn't clear with my name.
[18:19:31] <joseph.yee> sorry Joe
[18:19:36] <hildjj> np. i mumble.
[18:20:10] <joseph.yee> marc: need input from iSCSI
[18:21:13] <joseph.yee> pete on mic
[18:22:16] <joseph.yee> pete: may be good to have mapping section in the template
[18:23:10] <joseph.yee> joe on mic
[18:23:57] <joseph.yee> slide: precis-nickname
[18:24:29] <joseph.yee> joe on mic
[18:25:05] <joseph.yee> john klensin on mic
[18:26:44] <joseph.yee> talked about issues between NKC and NFKC (on decompose and width issue)
[18:27:17] <joseph.yee> joe on mic
[18:28:22] <joseph.yee> john klensin on mic
[18:29:29] <joseph.yee> joe and john on comparison and confusable
[18:32:02] <joseph.yee> mic closed for this topic for now, will come back if there was time at the end
[18:32:15] <joseph.yee> slide: xmpp-6122bis
[18:32:20] <joseph.yee> no open isuses
[18:32:31] florob@babelmonkeys.de joins the room
[18:32:44] <joseph.yee> slide: saslprepbis
[18:33:07] <joseph.yee> need more feedback
[18:33:33] <joseph.yee> end of presentation
[18:33:54] <joseph.yee> marc: who read saslprepbis?
[18:33:54] florob@babelmonkeys.de leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[18:34:02] <joseph.yee> few hands up
[18:34:06] florob@babelmonkeys.de joins the room
[18:34:13] <joseph.yee> marc: was it ready for WG adoption?
[18:34:30] <joseph.yee> pete on mic
[18:34:53] <joseph.yee> marc: anyone oppose?
[18:35:07] <joseph.yee> john on mic
[18:35:24] <joseph.yee> both on need reviewer
[18:36:13] <joseph.yee> marc: formally asking if anyone oppose
[18:36:25] <joseph.yee> quiet in room, will bring back to mailing list
[18:36:31] <joseph.yee> next preseantation
[18:36:41] <joseph.yee> mapping
[18:36:52] <joseph.yee> slide: change from -02 to -03
[18:37:12] <joseph.yee> slide: open issues
[18:37:35] <joseph.yee> 3 questions in the slide
[18:37:54] <joseph.yee> slide: local case mapping definition
[18:39:10] <joseph.yee> slide: example checking characters
[18:40:58] <joseph.yee> next slide: a list of characters that local case mapping targets
[18:40:58] florob@babelmonkeys.de leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[18:41:01] <joseph.yee> pete on mic (self)
[18:41:04] florob@babelmonkeys.de joins the room
[18:42:40] <joseph.yee> needs to say "this is where you do work"
[18:42:50] florob@babelmonkeys.de leaves the room
[18:42:50] <joseph.yee> yoneya on mic
[18:43:20] <joseph.yee> joe on mic
[18:43:29] <joseph.yee> needs to point the doc to specialcase.txt
[18:43:54] <joseph.yee> pete: 'as of this dat, here's the example....'
[18:43:59] <joseph.yee> john on mic
[18:44:15] <joseph.yee> john: this is a moving target
[18:45:54] <SM> :-)
[18:45:58] <joseph.yee> john: the table in slide is at 1930s, rather than 2012s
[18:46:49] <joseph.yee> joe on mic
[18:48:10] <joseph.yee> john on mic
[18:49:29] <joseph.yee> joe on mic
[18:49:51] <joseph.yee> slide: mappings order
[18:50:59] <joseph.yee> psa on mic
[18:51:59] <joseph.yee> looking into the sample at slide
[18:52:19] <joseph.yee> mistake at slide
[18:52:35] <joseph.yee> conclusion is still correct
[18:52:45] <joseph.yee> slide: registration to IANA template
[18:53:24] <joseph.yee> psa on mic
[18:53:50] <joseph.yee> need expert on top every time Unicode update
[18:54:11] <joseph.yee> joe on mic: maybe running test case
[18:55:11] <joseph.yee> maybe a wiki to capture test cases first to get better understanding
[18:55:14] <joseph.yee> john on mic
[18:56:44] <joseph.yee> john, psa, joe: by reference is better
[18:57:54] <joseph.yee> joe: found any not well capture in special case that we need to do different than Unicode?
[18:58:10] <joseph.yee> presenter: no idea
[18:58:13] <joseph.yee> john on mic
[18:58:56] <joseph.yee> one possible scenario: Unicode refuse to make correction because of stability concern
[18:59:42] <joseph.yee> joe + john: maybe an exception list
[19:00:02] <joseph.yee> joe: and maybe not need it now
[19:01:04] <joseph.yee> john + joe: on implementation concern
[19:01:56] <joseph.yee> marc (self): see a hard time dealing with a moving table
[19:02:39] <joseph.yee> joe: hope it rarely happen
[19:02:41] <joseph.yee> psa on mic
[19:02:54] <joseph.yee> john on mic
[19:03:13] <joseph.yee> lots of people not sure of the outcome
[19:04:16] <joseph.yee> john: case mapping bad history - assume they are always the same
[19:05:36] <joseph.yee> tradeoff: stable & easy to implement vs updating code as Unicode update
[19:05:57] <joseph.yee> john: maybe not dealing with casing at all
[19:06:04] <joseph.yee> andrew at mic
[19:06:11] <joseph.yee> Andrew Sullivan
[19:06:35] <joseph.yee> need decision of length of time to look into this problem
[19:07:38] <joseph.yee> joe on mic
[19:08:33] <joseph.yee> john on mic
[19:10:04] <joseph.yee> psa on mic
[19:11:22] <joseph.yee> john on mic
[19:13:46] <joseph.yee> [on issues between all kinds of preserving, folding, mapping, etc]
[19:15:34] <joseph.yee> marc: on summary
[19:15:43] <joseph.yee> don't want to do the table
[19:16:12] <joseph.yee> need text on mapping
[19:16:18] <joseph.yee> psa on mic
[19:17:09] <joseph.yee> need text on guidance
[19:17:37] <joseph.yee> marc: how to arrange text between framework + mapping docs
[19:17:54] <joseph.yee> psa on mic
[19:18:24] <joseph.yee> need to bring the text to mailing list for further discussion
[19:18:41] <joseph.yee> slide: comment for adoption?
[19:18:46] <joseph.yee> psa on mic
[19:19:17] <joseph.yee> given on the complexity, better move this into WG to work on this
[19:19:30] <joseph.yee> pete on mic
[19:20:12] <joseph.yee> ok if chairs work more first or chair move into WG and find editors
[19:20:35] <joseph.yee> [no one objects in the room]
[19:20:44] <joseph.yee> marc: who reads the draft?
[19:20:53] <joseph.yee> [can't see how many hands, please help]
[19:21:06] <joseph.yee> marc: hum if agree
[19:21:13] <joseph.yee> very light
[19:21:18] <joseph.yee> marc: hum if disagree
[19:21:24] <joseph.yee> slience
[19:21:29] <joseph.yee> psa on mic
[19:21:51] <joseph.yee> presentation end
[19:22:07] <joseph.yee> end of agenda, open mic
[19:22:15] <joseph.yee> joe on mic
[19:23:06] <joseph.yee> [on confusable problem]
[19:23:33] <joseph.yee> pete on mic
[19:23:43] <joseph.yee> what confusable problem here to solve?
[19:25:08] <joseph.yee> andrew on mic
[19:26:05] <joseph.yee> hard to compare reliably
[19:26:10] <joseph.yee> joe on mic
[19:26:23] <joseph.yee> is doing it better or not doing it better?
[19:26:35] <joseph.yee> no idea which way is better
[19:26:51] <joseph.yee> hope to reduce user surprise
[19:26:54] <joseph.yee> john on mic
[19:29:05] <joseph.yee> pete on mic
[19:29:45] <joseph.yee> more suitable for usability
[19:30:50] <joseph.yee> policy issue
[19:31:44] <joseph.yee> avoid to implement policy related content
[19:31:49] <joseph.yee> john on mic
[19:32:15] <joseph.yee> joe on mic
[19:33:18] nemo joins the room
[19:33:27] <joseph.yee> pete on mic
[19:36:49] <joseph.yee> andrew on mic
[19:37:45] <joseph.yee> any feedback from user expectation?
[19:37:55] Dowon Kim leaves the room
[19:39:08] <joseph.yee> marc: a report on IDN Variant TLD User Experience in progress under ICANN
[19:39:17] <joseph.yee> john on mic
[19:39:20] <joseph.yee> psa on mic
[19:41:04] <joseph.yee> pete on mic
[19:42:06] <joseph.yee> john on mic
[19:43:41] <joseph.yee> psa on mic
[19:44:27] <joseph.yee> joe on mic
[19:45:56] <joseph.yee> Alan Dekok on mic
[19:46:28] <joseph.yee> speaks regard how his last name changed between language/script
[19:46:58] <joseph.yee> John points out another difficult last name
[19:48:47] <joseph.yee> Ólafur Guðmundsson
[19:49:02] <stpeter> joseph.yee: nice :)
[19:49:36] <joseph.yee> alan, then john on mic
[19:50:40] hildjj leaves the room
[19:50:41] <joseph.yee> meeting closed
[19:50:46] Andrew Sullivan leaves the room
[19:50:52] marc.blanchet.qc leaves the room
[19:50:53] bkihara.l leaves the room
[19:50:55] SM leaves the room
[19:51:25] yone leaves the room: コンピューターが休止します
[19:51:34] nemo leaves the room
[19:51:34] kazubu leaves the room
[19:52:30] stpeter leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[19:52:36] m&m leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[19:53:06] nemo joins the room
[19:54:31] nemo leaves the room
[19:55:14] joseph.yee leaves the room
[19:56:43] nemo joins the room
[20:04:05] hildjj joins the room
[20:05:12] nemo leaves the room
[20:05:54] hildjj leaves the room
[20:06:19] hildjj joins the room
[20:19:36] m&m joins the room
[20:19:57] m&m leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[20:20:01] m&m joins the room
[20:21:34] hildjj leaves the room
[20:23:01] yone joins the room
[20:23:25] nemo joins the room
[20:23:31] yone leaves the room
[20:23:50] marc.blanchet.qc joins the room
[20:23:52] marc.blanchet.qc leaves the room
[20:25:58] m&m leaves the room
[20:28:03] kazubu joins the room
[20:29:33] hildjj joins the room
[20:31:30] Dowon Kim joins the room
[20:35:16] joseph.yee joins the room
[20:54:02] stpeter joins the room
[20:54:09] stpeter leaves the room
[20:58:52] Dowon Kim leaves the room
[21:06:44] hildjj leaves the room
[21:15:03] nemo leaves the room
[21:50:43] kazubu leaves the room
[21:58:42] kazubu joins the room
[21:59:50] kazubu leaves the room
[22:00:26] joseph.yee leaves the room
[22:05:25] Dowon Kim joins the room
[22:58:43] joseph.yee joins the room
[23:04:14] Dowon Kim leaves the room
[23:33:45] joseph.yee leaves the room
[23:55:24] joseph.yee joins the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!