IETF
precis@jabber.ietf.org
Wednesday, 1 August 2012< ^ >
yone has set the subject to: précis wg :) | http://tools.ietf.org/wg/precis/ | IETF 83 | slides at https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/83/materials.html#wg-precis | audio at http://ietf83streaming.dnsalias.net/ietf/ietf837.m3u
Room Configuration

GMT+0
[19:41:49] yone joins the room
[19:49:15] yone has set the subject to: précis wg :) | http://tools.ietf.org/wg/precis/ | IETF 84 | slides at https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/84/materials.html#session.group-precis | audio at http://ietf84streaming.dnsalias.net/ietf/ietf843.m3u | Meetecho at http://www.meetecho.com/ietf84/precis
[19:51:02] yone leaves the room
[19:51:08] yone joins the room
[19:51:28] yone leaves the room
[21:34:23] yone joins the room
[21:43:39] yone leaves the room
[21:43:47] yone joins the room
[22:04:28] Meetecho audio joins the room
[22:04:34] Meetecho audio leaves the room
[22:05:25] Meetecho audio channel joins the room
[22:05:39] marc.blanchet.qc joins the room
[22:06:18] Alessandro Amirante joins the room
[22:10:52] π joins the room
[22:11:10] <π> it seems that the Meetecho session is not available yet
[22:11:30] <π> ah, now it is
[22:11:47] Peter Saint-Andre joins the room
[22:12:27] Yoshiro Yoneya joins the room
[22:12:27] Marc Blanchet joins the room
[22:12:47] Yoshiro Yoneya leaves the room
[22:12:49] m&m joins the room
[22:13:29] Peter Saint-Andre leaves the room
[22:13:38] Yoshiro Yoneya joins the room
[22:13:47] Peter Saint-Andre joins the room
[22:13:50] Meetecho audio channel leaves the room
[22:14:25] <π> connection to server has been lost (Meetecho issue, it seems)
[22:14:43] <marc.blanchet.qc> still working with the meetecho guy to work it out. got same error
[22:14:49] π nods
[22:14:51] Yoshiro Yoneya leaves the room
[22:15:01] Marc Blanchet leaves the room
[22:15:07] Peter Saint-Andre leaves the room
[22:15:19] resnick joins the room
[22:15:22] Yoshiro Yoneya joins the room
[22:15:44] Marc Blanchet joins the room
[22:15:49] Peter Saint-Andre joins the room
[22:16:09] Peter Saint-Andre leaves the room
[22:16:14] Andrew Sullivan joins the room
[22:16:21] SM joins the room
[22:16:38] Peter Saint-Andre joins the room
[22:17:01] Yoshiro Yoneya leaves the room
[22:17:15] choimh joins the room
[22:17:15] ykjung joins the room
[22:17:26] Marc Blanchet leaves the room
[22:17:27] Peter Saint-Andre leaves the room
[22:18:22] hildjj joins the room
[22:18:30] <Andrew Sullivan> I'll scribe in here
[22:18:35] <marc.blanchet.qc> thanks!
[22:18:59] Peter Saint-Andre joins the room
[22:19:29] Peter Saint-Andre leaves the room
[22:19:31] Marc Blanchet joins the room
[22:19:46] <Andrew Sullivan> WG Deliverables slide
[22:19:49] Peter Saint-Andre joins the room
[22:20:18] <Andrew Sullivan> (Note apologies from chairs that meetecho system not working ATM)
[22:20:47] <Andrew Sullivan> Pete Resnick @ mic
[22:21:31] Florian Zeitz joins the room
[22:22:01] Peter Saint-Andre leaves the room
[22:22:10] Peter Saint-Andre joins the room
[22:22:13] <Andrew Sullivan> We're working out of order, I think
[22:22:23] <Andrew Sullivan> so it looks like we may be moving to individual submissions
[22:22:28] kazubu joins the room
[22:23:00] <Peter Saint-Andre> OK it seems that I've been able to join using Firefox
[22:23:18] <Alessandro Amirante> hi Peter, I just contacted you privately about the audio
[22:23:31] <Alessandro Amirante> not to fill the public chatroom!
[22:23:33] <Andrew Sullivan> Alexey Melnikov was asking a procedural question at the mic
[22:23:41] <π> Alessandro Amirante: sure :)
[22:24:10] <resnick> Alexey, fully aware that Pete dislikes individual submissions, checks to see if the WG will be adopting these documents.
[22:24:30] <Andrew Sullivan> We will start with individual stuff first, so we're starting with Takahiro Nemoto presenting on precis-mappings
[22:24:39] <Andrew Sullivan> yoneya-precis-mappings, sorry
[22:24:49] <Andrew Sullivan> slide 2
[22:24:58] <Andrew Sullivan> (thanks to presenter for slide numbers!)
[22:25:49] <Andrew Sullivan> slide 3
[22:27:17] <Andrew Sullivan> slide 4
[22:28:11] <Andrew Sullivan> slide 5
[22:28:43] <Andrew Sullivan> Joe Hildebrand @mic
[22:29:47] <resnick> Scribing also going on in http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/precis/minutes
[22:30:12] <Andrew Sullivan> This is intended as simple Jabber channel. Yes, minutes on etherpad
[22:30:39] <resnick> Yes, just typing the reminder in here. Did not mean to imply you weren't doing the right thing. :-)
[22:30:49] <Andrew Sullivan> No, thanks, what I understood too
[22:30:53] <Andrew Sullivan> John Klensin at mic
[22:33:40] <π> I think this mapping spec copied its examples from the Unicode SpecialCasing.txt document
[22:33:48] ogud joins the room
[22:35:16] Peter Saint-Andre leaves the room
[22:35:21] GONG XIANGYANG joins the room
[22:35:30] <π> Alessandro Amirante: I joined via PSTN
[22:35:37] <Alessandro Amirante> ok
[22:35:43] <Alessandro Amirante> to unmute, digit *51
[22:35:44] <Andrew Sullivan> Pete Resnick at mic
[22:35:48] <Alessandro Amirante> to mute again, *52
[22:35:56] GONG XIANGYANG leaves the room
[22:36:07] <π> ok
[22:36:28] GONG XIANGYANG joins the room
[22:36:57] <Alessandro Amirante> let me know when you want tostart talking and wwe'll check the mixer levels
[22:37:46] <Andrew Sullivan> John Klensin again
[22:37:56] GONG XIANGYANG leaves the room
[22:38:35] <Andrew Sullivan> Joe Hildebrand at mic
[22:39:48] <Andrew Sullivan> That was me at the mic, then Pete Resnick
[22:41:10] <Andrew Sullivan> John Klensin at mic
[22:41:56] π sighs
[22:42:39] <Andrew Sullivan> Joe Hildebrand at mic again. π, is that for the mic?
[22:42:47] <Alessandro Amirante> Peter I can hear you in the virtual room
[22:42:54] <Alessandro Amirante> we're fixing the mixing levels
[22:42:59] <Andrew Sullivan> Pete Resnick at the mic
[22:43:00] <π> ok
[22:43:05] <Alessandro Amirante> try talking now
[22:43:15] <π> Alessandro Amirante:
[22:43:15] <π> ok
[22:43:40] <Andrew Sullivan> Peter Saint-Andre at mic
[22:44:44] <Andrew Sullivan> Joe Hildebrand relaying. Now John Klensin
[22:48:11] <Andrew Sullivan> John Klensin at mic
[22:48:33] <Andrew Sullivan> (Oops, Joe was in between. Sorry, standing in line)
[22:49:56] Peter Saint-Andre joins the room
[22:50:31] <Andrew Sullivan> That was me. Now Joe is at mic. I just realized I'm double booked here and have to run to another session for a few minutes. Can someone take over jabberscribe for 10 mins?
[22:50:39] <Andrew Sullivan> Pete Resnick at mic?
[22:50:54] <Andrew Sullivan> (yes, he is, typo)
[22:50:55] marc.blanchet.qc leaves the room
[22:51:28] simonAndroid joins the room
[22:51:51] <Andrew Sullivan> Sorry folks. Must go to pkix. be right back
[22:56:55] ykjung leaves the room
[22:56:56] ykjung joins the room
[23:02:17] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 1: PRECIS Framework
[23:02:27] marc.blanchet.qc joins the room
[23:02:36] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 2: Activity Since IETF 83
[23:03:16] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 3: Processing Order
[23:05:00] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 4: Space: Problem
[23:05:04] <hildjj> By the way:
[23:05:04] <hildjj> http://unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/SpecialCasing.txt
[23:05:19] <hildjj> and i think Peter may be right, but i'm still trying to understand it.
[23:06:12] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 5: Space: Concerns
[23:07:01] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 6: Space: Solutions?
[23:08:29] Tobia joins the room
[23:09:42] Tobia leaves the room
[23:11:32] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 7: Remaining Tasks
[23:12:06] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 6: Space: Solutions?
[23:22:45] <hildjj> pump up the bass.
[23:22:48] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 7: Remaining Tasks
[23:22:55] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 6: Space: Solutions?
[23:23:25] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 7: Remaining Tasks
[23:24:50] <Alessandro Amirante> Presentation stopped
[23:25:12] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 1: Replacing SASLprep (draft‐melnikov‐precis-saslprepbis)
[23:25:13] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 1: Replacing SASLprep (draft‐melnikov‐precis-saslprepbis)
[23:25:30] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 2: Recap
[23:25:44] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 3: Open Issues (1)
[23:26:35] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 4: Open Issues (2)
[23:29:08] Florian Zeitz leaves the room
[23:33:39] <Alessandro Amirante> Presentation stopped
[23:33:54] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 1: draft-saintandre-precis-nickname-00
[23:37:53] <Andrew Sullivan> Pete Resnick at mic
[23:39:34] <Andrew Sullivan> Marc speaking (I think as chair)
[23:40:32] <Andrew Sullivan> Ben Campbell at mic
[23:42:22] <Andrew Sullivan> Peter Saint-Andre at mic/on phone
[23:42:43] <Andrew Sullivan> Joe Hildebrand at mic. Hasn't read and agrees with it anyway! I wanna sell that man a bridge.
[23:42:51] <π> Andrew Sullivan: :)
[23:43:46] <Andrew Sullivan> Pete Resnick at mic again
[23:44:35] <Alessandro Amirante> Presentation stopped
[23:44:50] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 1: PRECIS Framework Implementation
[23:45:17] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 2: Purposes of the implementation
[23:45:26] <hildjj> Andrew Sullivan: if i can't trust stpeter with this sort of thing, i've got MUCH larger problems than having bought a bridge.
[23:46:03] <Andrew Sullivan> :)
[23:47:02] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 3: Implementations(1/2)
[23:47:59] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 4: Implementations(2/2)
[23:48:16] simonAndroid leaves the room
[23:49:33] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 5: Findings(1/5) Feasibility
[23:49:48] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 6: Findings(2/5)
[23:50:17] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 7: Findings (3/5)
[23:51:56] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 8: Findings(4/5)
[23:53:19] Florian Zeitz joins the room
[23:53:50] <Andrew Sullivan> Pete Resnick at mic
[23:54:23] <Andrew Sullivan> Joe Hildebrand at mic
[23:54:48] <Andrew Sullivan> Joseph Yee at mic
[23:55:00] <Andrew Sullivan> John Klensin at mic
[23:55:37] <Andrew Sullivan> Alexey at mic, then Joe, both saying "fix framework"
[23:55:54] <Alessandro Amirante> Slide 9: Findings(5/5)
[23:57:59] <Alessandro Amirante> Presentation stopped
[23:59:18] <Andrew Sullivan> Pete Resnick at mic.
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!