Wednesday, November 12, 2014< ^ >
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

[21:49:34] meetecho feed joins the room
[21:49:52] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[22:16:04] Dave Cottlehuber joins the room
[22:17:45] Meetecho joins the room
[22:17:49] Dave Cottlehuber leaves the room
[22:17:51] Meetecho leaves the room
[22:18:00] <Lorenzo Miniero> hi Dave, the session is not up yet, it's just open for some testing with the remote speaker
[22:18:12] <Lorenzo Miniero> just as a heads up since we'll close the room in a few minutes
[22:18:31] <Lorenzo Miniero> it will become available again at 1PM local time
[22:24:17] Arno Bakker joins the room
[22:31:23] <Lorenzo Miniero> hello Arno
[22:31:35] <Arno Bakker> Hi
[22:31:44] <Arno Bakker> Getting used to the interface ;o)
[22:31:52] <Lorenzo Miniero> can you see my video on the right?
[22:31:58] <Arno Bakker> No :-(
[22:32:08] <Lorenzo Miniero> and you cannot hear anything either?
[22:32:12] <Arno Bakker> No
[22:32:24] <Lorenzo Miniero> did you accept the permissions request on top?
[22:32:32] <Lorenzo Miniero> when joining?
[22:32:38] <Arno Bakker> Access to a/v devices yes
[22:32:46] <Arno Bakker> Latest Firefox on Win7 Prof 32-bit
[22:32:52] <Lorenzo Miniero> what icon do you see next too your name?
[22:33:05] <Arno Bakker> Play, cam, mike
[22:33:15] <Lorenzo Miniero> try pressing the play oine
[22:33:31] <Lorenzo Miniero> I can see you: try talking
[22:33:41] <Arno Bakker> Cam and mike go green
[22:33:43] <Lorenzo Miniero> I can hear you fine
[22:33:59] <Lorenzo Miniero> we can see and hear you, it's weird it's not working on your side
[22:34:10] <Lorenzo Miniero> can you try leaving and joining again?
[22:34:15] <Arno Bakker> Ok
[22:34:34] Arno Bakker leaves the room
[22:34:50] Pau Boemio joins the room
[22:34:57] Arno Bakker joins the room
[22:35:42] <Lorenzo Miniero> can you hear us now?
[22:36:44] <Arno Bakker> Still nothing, Play button now a waiting swirl
[22:37:02] <Arno Bakker> I could switch audio feed. Or is WebRTC preferred?
[22:37:11] <Lorenzo Miniero> WebRTC is what you need to present
[22:37:17] <Lorenzo Miniero> do you have a Chrome to try?
[22:37:28] <Lorenzo Miniero> just to check if it's an issue with your Firefox installation
[22:38:17] <Arno Bakker> Installing
[22:38:42] <Lorenzo Miniero> tnx
[22:39:00] Pau Boemio leaves the room
[22:40:25] <Arno Bakker> Leaving to try chrome
[22:40:29] Arno Bakker leaves the room
[22:40:30] <Lorenzo Miniero> ok
[22:41:11] Arno Bakker joins the room
[22:41:33] <Arno Bakker> Hi. I see video now
[22:41:45] <Arno Bakker> I can hear you
[22:45:34] Fei Song joins the room
[22:47:14] <Lorenzo Miniero> Fei Song, can you hear us?
[22:47:18] <Fei Song> I am here could you here me?
[22:47:25] <Fei Song> I can hear
[22:47:53] <Lorenzo Miniero> to unmute, press the play icon next to your name
[22:48:27] <Fei Song> can you hear me
[22:48:52] <Fei Song> great!
[22:49:02] <Lorenzo Miniero> Arno, could you stop your slides?
[22:49:17] <Fei Song> sound is good
[22:49:51] <Arno Bakker> Presentation is over
[22:49:55] <Lorenzo Miniero> ty
[22:51:39] <Fei Song> Presentation is over
[22:51:53] <Fei Song> I have done that
[22:52:03] <Fei Song> I have mute my mic
[22:52:40] <Arno Bakker> Thanks
[22:52:48] <Fei Song> Thank you
[22:52:56] <Lorenzo Miniero> no problem! glad to be of help :)
[22:56:00] Meetecho Screen joins the room
[22:57:27] Tony Stover joins the room
[23:01:22] Dave Cottlehuber joins the room
[23:02:31] John Doe joins the room
[23:02:36] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[23:03:44] Riccardo Petrocco joins the room
[23:05:28] <John Doe> we can see the slides
[23:05:51] <Dave Cottlehuber> LGTM Arno
[23:06:33] <Arno Bakker> Hi Dave
[23:06:52] <Arno Bakker> And John ;o)
[23:07:38] <Fei Song> me too, i can see the slides
[23:07:50] meetecho mm joins the room
[23:07:57] <Riccardo Petrocco> Hi to everyone. it's a problem with audio apparently.
[23:08:12] Rui Cruz joins the room
[23:08:32] <Arno Bakker> I can hear the room fine
[23:08:39] <Arno Bakker> Beamer problems
[23:08:53] <John Doe> there's no issue with slides, they're trying to attach a laptop to the beamer
[23:08:57] <Fei Song> I can hear the voice from room
[23:09:06] <John Doe> +no issue with audio
[23:09:17] <Dave Cottlehuber> nothing here BTW
[23:09:23] t t joins the room
[23:09:31] Meetecho joins the room
[23:09:39] <Dave Cottlehuber> ooh audio all good now
[23:09:47] <Riccardo Petrocco> same here
[23:09:54] <Riccardo Petrocco> complete freeze
[23:10:07] <Meetecho> Riccardo everything looks fine on our side
[23:10:13] <Meetecho> try leaving and joining again
[23:10:34] <Meetecho> if WebRTC doesn't work for you, try the passive streams:
[23:10:47] meetecho mm leaves the room
[23:10:47] Tony Stover leaves the room
[23:10:57] <Riccardo Petrocco> works, thanks
[23:11:01] <Meetecho> ok
[23:13:59] <Dave Cottlehuber> lols
[23:19:31] Tony Stover joins the room
[23:25:52] Martin Stiemerling joins the room
[23:29:02] <Dave Cottlehuber> I think the proposed "keep both" is a good move.
[23:29:19] <Riccardo Petrocco> yes
[23:29:28] <Riccardo Petrocco> only chat
[23:29:31] <Dave Cottlehuber> there are other fast hashes, e.g. / but I'm not sure how that fits with IETF standards
[23:29:50] <Dave Cottlehuber> we can leave that for a future protocol release, once this one is shipped :-)
[23:29:56] <Riccardo Petrocco> Not that I'm agware of atm
[23:30:05] <Riccardo Petrocco> but I can come back with further details
[23:31:11] <Arno Bakker> Presentation is over
[23:31:23] <Dave Cottlehuber> thanks Arno!
[23:31:46] <Riccardo Petrocco> Thanks
[23:32:20] <Martin Stiemerling> @Dave: better to stick with some stds hash as MTI. The protocol should allow to use others, if deployments like to do.
[23:33:00] <Arno Bakker> Agree with Martin. Do the xxhashes have a security analysis?
[23:34:00] <Dave Cottlehuber> sorry, MTI == ?
[23:34:15] <Dave Cottlehuber> wrt security analysis, no, just very fast hashing ...
[23:36:45] <Arno Bakker> Mandatory To Implement
[23:37:28] <Dave Cottlehuber> +1.
[23:38:29] <Martin Stiemerling> @Dave: sorry for being so brief and Arno did make the correct expansion.
[23:38:46] <Dave Cottlehuber> NP
[23:38:57] <Martin Stiemerling> $me is laszy in writing such long texts …
[23:38:57] <Rui Cruz> Ending types were defined in previous versions. Which mandatory encoding type  should be included in the draft? HTTP+XML?
[23:40:17] <Rui Cruz> *Encoding
[23:40:25] <Arno Bakker> Must be normative, otherwise no interoperability
[23:40:36] <Rui Cruz> Decide suggestions on mailing list?
[23:40:46] <t t> Yes
[23:40:58] <Rui Cruz> OK
[23:41:09] <Arno Bakker> @Rui. Sure, don't have a pref as long as one encoding gets in there
[23:41:42] <Rui Cruz> @Arno it was there initially, but then it was decided to remove
[23:41:53] <Arno Bakker> :-(
[23:52:16] <John Doe> yes
[23:53:59] Lars joins the room
[23:54:45] <Arno Bakker> How large is large?
[23:58:37] <Martin Stiemerling> Arno, next reasonable date for getting the peer proto to the telechat is 12/18 or 01/08
[23:59:24] <Riccardo Petrocco> Thanks Martin
[23:59:46] <Arno Bakker> @Martin. OK. I see you adapted to the locale ;o)
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!