IETF
paws@jabber.ietf.org
Wednesday, 28 March 2012< ^ >
psa has set the subject to: PAWS WG | http://tools.ietf.org/wg/paws/
Room Configuration

GMT+0
[06:37:23] Tobia Castaldi joins the room
[06:37:31] Audio Meetecho joins the room
[06:40:07] Gabor Bajko joins the room
[06:40:33] Simon Romano joins the room
[06:41:10] Peter SaintAndre joins the room
[06:42:08] Martin Duerst joins the room
[06:43:01] <Martin Duerst> hello Peter
[06:43:15] <Martin Duerst> Hello Peter
[06:43:21] <Peter SaintAndre> hi Martin
[06:45:00] Martin Duerst leaves the room
[06:45:04] Martin Durst joins the room
[06:45:24] <Martin Durst> Okay, hello from Firefox
[06:45:36] JOUGASHIMA joins the room
[06:45:49] <Peter SaintAndre> hello
[06:46:27] <Peter SaintAndre> you will try the sip: number or PSTN?
[06:46:57] <Martin Durst> I'm trying the Java applet
[06:47:03] <Peter SaintAndre> OK
[06:47:32] <Martin Durst> I can hear background noise
[06:47:50] <Martin Durst> can you hear me
[06:48:00] <Peter SaintAndre> we can't hear you
[06:48:20] <Martin Durst> I'll try another headset.
[06:48:36] <Peter SaintAndre> ok
[06:48:51] <Martin Durst> can you hear me
[06:48:54] <Peter SaintAndre> not yet
[06:49:20] <Martin Durst> I can hear you well
[06:49:40] <Martin Durst> I had a very similar problem once with Larry (on the Adobe thing)
[06:49:54] <Martin Durst> Should I try another audio connection?
[06:50:13] <Peter SaintAndre> did you click the "I want to talk" button?
[06:50:46] <Martin Durst> trying with Skype
[06:51:06] <Martin Durst> yes, skypeout
[06:51:36] <Peter SaintAndre> with skypeout you need to type *51 on the dialpad to unmute
[06:51:46] <Martin Durst> dialing 0691712251 in Italy with skypeout
[06:51:58] <Martin Durst> I can hear you
[06:52:24] <Martin Durst> I pressed *51
[06:52:27] Antony Franklin joins the room
[06:52:28] <Martin Durst> I can hear my echo
[06:52:58] <Peter SaintAndre> you have an echo?
[06:55:25] <Peter SaintAndre> did you hang up?
[06:55:30] <Peter SaintAndre> we can't hear you anymore
[06:55:42] <Martin Durst> you can't hear me anymore?
[06:55:46] Antony Franklin leaves the room
[06:55:51] Antony Franklin joins the room
[06:55:54] <Martin Durst> THen maybe I have to go back to the old headset
[06:55:58] <Peter SaintAndre> ok
[06:56:13] <Peter SaintAndre> you and I can test some more before the IRI call
[06:56:16] <Martin Durst> can you hear me again
[06:56:26] <Peter SaintAndre> yes
[06:57:15] <Martin Durst> let's take the slide business offline, in email
[06:57:30] <Peter SaintAndre> ok
[06:57:34] <Martin Durst> whovere was just speaking was diffiruct to understand
[06:57:39] <Peter SaintAndre> right
[06:57:52] <Peter SaintAndre> you and I can test a bit more before the IRI meeting
[06:57:53] <Martin Durst> okay, let's test again very quickly before the actual meeting
[06:57:59] <Martin Durst> I'll drop out, then.
[06:58:02] <Peter SaintAndre> +1
[06:58:16] <Peter SaintAndre> thanks for testing, Martin
[06:58:24] Nancy Bravin joins the room
[06:58:25] <Peter SaintAndre> I think we'll test again right before the IRI session
[06:58:37] <Martin Durst> Thank you, Peter!!!!
[06:58:38] <Peter SaintAndre> the Meetecho guys said they will work with me on that
[06:59:34] Amer Hassan joins the room
[07:00:44] Antony Franklin leaves the room
[07:00:48] Antony Franklin joins the room
[07:01:04] Etienne Chaponniere joins the room
[07:02:34] Amer Hassan leaves the room
[07:03:04] John Stine joins the room
[07:03:07] Amer Hassan joins the room
[07:03:17] Antony Franklin leaves the room
[07:03:22] Antony Franklin joins the room
[07:03:30] Peter SaintAndre leaves the room
[07:03:55] Antony Franklin leaves the room
[07:04:18] stpeter joins the room
[07:04:28] Amer Hassan leaves the room
[07:04:32] Antony Franklin joins the room
[07:04:36] <stpeter> 09:04
[07:04:39] <stpeter> session start
[07:05:05] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: NOTE WELL
[07:05:07] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Agenda
[07:05:12] sftcd joins the room
[07:05:18] Amer Hassan joins the room
[07:05:24] Antony Franklin leaves the room
[07:05:50] Antony Franklin joins the room
[07:06:40] <Amer Hassan> not able to get video working. but it's ok. i will tune to audio as much as i can
[07:06:49] <stpeter> Amer Hassan: OK
[07:07:00] barryleiba joins the room
[07:07:05] Antony Franklin leaves the room
[07:07:22] Antony Franklin joins the room
[07:07:38] Antony Franklin leaves the room
[07:08:01] Antony Franklin joins the room
[07:08:07] bpjab1 joins the room
[07:08:18] <bpjab1> Pete Resnick at the mike
[07:08:56] resnick joins the room
[07:09:15] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Agenda bashing
[07:09:15] <bpjab1> WG doc status
[07:09:21] <stpeter> bpjab1: would you mind relaying questions from the Jabber room?
[07:09:28] <bpjab1> Sure
[07:09:34] <stpeter> remote participants, please prepend your questions with "MIC"
[07:09:47] <stpeter> we can relay your questions to the microphone here
[07:10:52] Martin Durst leaves the room
[07:11:00] <bpjab1> There is no clear view about draft-caufield-paws
[07:11:00] Antony Franklin leaves the room
[07:11:01] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: Document Status
[07:11:08] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: Charter Discussion
[07:11:14] John Stine leaves the room
[07:11:46] Antony Franklin joins the room
[07:12:16] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 7: Tentative charter update
[07:12:47] <Amer Hassan> what's the link to the slides, please?
[07:12:57] <bpjab1> Hang on..
[07:13:02] <Amer Hassan> thanks
[07:13:38] <bpjab1> Joel Halpern at the mic
[07:13:47] <bpjab1> Slides at: https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/83/materials.html
[07:13:52] <bpjab1> Under PAWS
[07:14:26] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[07:14:36] John Stine joins the room
[07:14:36] <Amer Hassan> great! thanks again
[07:15:19] <bpjab1> Peter St. Andre at the mic
[07:15:58] <bpjab1> Pete Resnick at the mic
[07:16:31] <Tobia Castaldi> we remember that a Meetecho session (real-time audio feed and integrated view of slides and jabber room) is available at http://www.meetecho.com/ietf83/paws
[07:16:35] <Tobia Castaldi> If you are already logged in the paws jabber room you have to use a different nick name for joining the meetecho session!
[07:16:39] <bpjab1> Joel Halpern at the mic
[07:17:29] <bpjab1> PSA at the mic
[07:17:29] hadi568 joins the room
[07:17:56] <bpjab1> Pete Resnick at the mic
[07:18:58] <bpjab1> Juan Carlos at the mic
[07:20:14] <bpjab1> Scott Probasco at the mic
[07:21:45] <bpjab1> Joel Halpern at the mic
[07:21:56] Nancy Bravin leaves the room
[07:22:08] Nancy Bravin joins the room
[07:23:04] <bpjab1> Pete Resnick at the mic
[07:24:21] spromano237 joins the room
[07:25:19] <bpjab1> Zhu Lei at the mic
[07:25:47] <bpjab1> Basavaraj Patil at the mic
[07:26:36] <bpjab1> Dave Hellis at the mic
[07:27:19] <bpjab1> PSA at the mic
[07:28:11] <Amer Hassan> i'd like the mike please
[07:28:31] <Amer Hassan> mic
[07:28:33] <Amer Hassan> lol
[07:28:39] <Amer Hassan> jetlag
[07:28:56] <Tobia Castaldi> ok
[07:29:00] <Tobia Castaldi> wait a sec
[07:29:07] <Amer Hassan> sure
[07:29:50] <Tobia Castaldi> go Amer
[07:31:25] <bpjab1> Pete Resnick at the mic
[07:35:22] JOUGASHIMA leaves the room
[07:36:44] <bpjab1> Subir Das at the mic
[07:37:06] <bpjab1> Pete Resnick at the mic
[07:38:50] <bpjab1> Lars Eggert at the mic
[07:40:19] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 8: poll
[07:40:25] <bpjab1> Next item on the agenda
[07:40:29] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: Document Status
[07:40:44] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentazione interrotta
[07:40:44] <bpjab1> PAWS use cases and requirements
[07:40:59] <bpjab1> Scott Probasco presenting
[07:41:24] <Tobia Castaldi> PAWS Use Cases and requirements doc presentation (Scott, 40 min)
[07:41:57] <bpjab1> Slide 2
[07:42:02] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Current State
[07:42:14] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Major updates from v02 to v03
[07:44:39] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Major updates
[07:46:39] <bpjab1> Joel Halpern at the mic
[07:48:28] <bpjab1> Joel at the mic again
[07:49:56] <bpjab1> Zhu Lei at the mic
[07:50:16] <bpjab1> Joel agreed to send some text to the list
[07:50:20] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: Major updates
[07:50:40] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: Updates to the Use cases
[07:52:11] Simon Romano leaves the room
[07:52:59] Simon Romano joins the room
[07:53:32] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 7: Updates to the Requirements
[07:56:29] <bpjab1> Chair (Gabor) stating that it is not a good idea to replicate text across data model and protocol requirements
[07:57:28] <bpjab1> Juan Carlos at the mic
[07:59:11] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 8: Comment tracking (v02->v03)
[07:59:41] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 9: Comment tracking (v03->v04)
[08:00:01] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 8: Comment tracking (v02->v03)
[08:00:09] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 9: Comment tracking (v03->v04)
[08:00:21] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 10: Charter Scope
[08:00:28] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 9: Comment tracking (v03->v04)
[08:01:23] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 10: Charter Scope
[08:02:18] Duarte Cardoso joins the room
[08:03:51] hadi568 leaves the room
[08:05:54] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 11: Next steps
[08:06:57] <bpjab1> Juan Carlos at the mic
[08:07:27] Amer Hassan leaves the room
[08:08:00] <bpjab1> Andy Sago at the mic
[08:08:52] <bpjab1> Ofcom does require ability to change channel availability
[08:08:58] <bpjab1> Pete Resnick at the mic
[08:09:48] Duarte Cardoso leaves the room
[08:09:49] Duarte Cardoso joins the room
[08:10:15] <bpjab1> Peter St. Andre at the mic
[08:10:33] <bpjab1> Suggested using the wiki for tracking the proposed text and issues
[08:10:37] <bpjab1> Juan Carlos at the mic
[08:11:12] <bpjab1> Next agenda item
[08:11:13] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentazione interrotta
[08:12:35] <bpjab1> Device to Database Protocol for WS
[08:12:41] <bpjab1> Presenter: Subir Das
[08:13:09] <Tobia Castaldi> Device to Database Protocol for White Space proposal (Subir, 30min)
[08:13:13] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Outline
[08:13:32] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Introduction
[08:14:40] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Protocol Layer
[08:14:49] Duarte Cardoso leaves the room
[08:14:51] Duarte Cardoso joins the room
[08:16:21] <bpjab1> Basavaraj last person at mic
[08:17:26] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: Protocol Features/Functionalities
[08:17:41] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Protocol Layer
[08:17:52] <stpeter> Basavaraj at the mic
[08:18:25] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: Protocol Features/Functionalities
[08:19:18] Duarte Cardoso leaves the room
[08:19:47] Duarte Cardoso joins the room
[08:19:55] <bpjab1> Question by Gabor
[08:20:12] <bpjab1> Would you have a 5th item if you considered ofcom requirements?
[08:21:12] <bpjab1> Stephen Farrell at the mic
[08:21:55] Duarte Cardoso leaves the room
[08:22:32] Duarte Cardoso joins the room
[08:23:25] <bpjab1> Pete Resnick at the mic
[08:24:18] Duarte Cardoso leaves the room
[08:24:18] <bpjab1> Scott Probasco at the mic
[08:24:35] <bpjab1> Pete Resnick at the mic
[08:24:59] Duarte Cardoso joins the room
[08:25:26] <bpjab1> Pete recommends separating policy from the protocol
[08:25:38] <bpjab1> Scott agrees
[08:25:42] <bpjab1> Orit Levin at the mic
[08:26:01] Duarte Cardoso leaves the room
[08:26:02] Duarte Cardoso joins the room
[08:26:28] <bpjab1> Peter St. Andre at the mic
[08:27:04] <bpjab1> Orit Levin at the mic
[08:28:19] <stpeter> Basavaraj at the mic
[08:30:15] <bpjab1> Pete Resnick at the mic
[08:30:41] spromano237 leaves the room
[08:30:54] spromano237 joins the room
[08:30:59] Duarte Cardoso leaves the room
[08:31:21] Duarte Cardoso joins the room
[08:32:09] <bpjab1> Joel Halpern at the mic
[08:33:13] <bpjab1> Jonne Soininen at the mic
[08:34:48] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: Protocol Operation Steps
[08:36:23] <bpjab1> Johanna Nieminen at the mic
[08:38:05] <bpjab1> Lars Eggert at the mic
[08:40:00] <bpjab1> Jonne Soininen at the mic
[08:40:13] <bpjab1> JSo: Should we even think about this at all?
[08:40:38] <bpjab1> Zhi Lei at the mic
[08:40:53] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 7: Device Bootstrapping/Initialization
[08:41:33] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 8: Message Parameters and Type
[08:43:16] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 9: WSD Registration
[08:44:34] <bpjab1> Lars Eggert at the mic
[08:46:42] <bpjab1> Jonne Soininen at the mic
[08:47:09] spromano237 leaves the room
[08:49:05] <Tobia Castaldi> we remember that a Meetecho session (real-time audio feed and integrated view of slides and jabber room) is available at http://www.meetecho.com/ietf83/paws
[08:49:09] <Tobia Castaldi> If you are already logged in the paws jabber room please use a different nick name for joining the meetecho session
[08:49:15] <bpjab1> Zhu Lei at the mic
[08:49:43] <bpjab1> Andy Sago at the mic
[08:50:12] <bpjab1> Lars Eggert at the mic
[08:51:00] <bpjab1> Zhu Lei at the mic
[08:52:08] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 10: Message Parameters and Type
[08:52:12] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 11: Database Query
[08:52:32] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 12: Message Parameters and Type
[08:53:19] sftcd1 joins the room
[08:53:43] <bpjab1> Lars Eggert at the mic
[08:54:18] Duarte Cardoso leaves the room
[08:54:19] Cardoso Duarte joins the room
[08:54:23] sftcd leaves the room
[08:54:41] <bpjab1> Lars Eggert at the mic again
[08:54:48] Cardoso Duarte leaves the room
[08:55:07] <bpjab1> Pete Resnick at the mic
[08:55:20] Duarte Cardoso joins the room
[08:56:43] Duarte Cardoso leaves the room
[08:56:44] Duarte Cardoso joins the room
[08:57:53] <bpjab1> Pete Resnick at the mic
[08:58:54] <bpjab1> Orit at the mic
[08:59:34] Duarte Cardoso leaves the room
[09:00:16] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Introduction
[09:00:35] Duarte Cardoso joins the room
[09:01:09] <stpeter> Basavaraj at the mic
[09:02:00] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentazione interrotta
[09:02:10] <Tobia Castaldi> Framework Data Model (Lei, 20min)
[09:02:11] <bpjab1> Next agenda item: PAWS Framework
[09:02:18] <bpjab1> Zhu Lei preseting
[09:02:24] <bpjab1> presenting
[09:02:30] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Contents
[09:02:41] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Use cases and requirements
[09:03:58] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Scenarios
[09:05:21] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: Issues of framework
[09:05:40] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: Protocol framework: framework of PAWS database discovery
[09:06:10] Subir Das joins the room
[09:06:20] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 7: Protocol framework: protocol stack
[09:06:33] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 8: Protocol framework : interface of PAWS
[09:06:47] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 9: Interface of PAWS: WS Channel Update
[09:07:32] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 10: Message encoding
[09:08:01] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 11: Security countermeasures
[09:08:33] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 12: Security schemes
[09:08:50] Antony Franklin leaves the room
[09:09:32] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 13: Additional coordination role of DB
[09:11:20] <bpjab1> Juan Carlos at the mic
[09:11:35] <Nancy Bravin> I think it is in scope
[09:11:45] <bpjab1> Do you want me to say that at the mic?
[09:12:07] <Nancy Bravin> if it matters
[09:12:20] <bpjab1> @Nancy: Your call..
[09:12:33] <resnick> I think you should add more explanation if you wish to have it said at the mic. :-)
[09:12:36] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 14: Protocol framework: coordinating DB
[09:12:39] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 15: Protocol framework: coordinating DB functions
[09:13:04] mezgani ali joins the room
[09:13:12] <bpjab1> We are done with the presentation
[09:13:22] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentazione interrotta
[09:13:23] <Nancy Bravin> if one wants to seperate protocol from policy, then how to not accept that
[09:13:48] <Nancy Bravin> some countries may want one or more coordinating DB's and have it be an option?
[09:14:04] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 8: poll
[09:14:19] <Tobia Castaldi> Current presenter Gabor Bajko
[09:14:21] <bpjab1> About 10 people have read the I-Ds shown on the slide
[09:14:28] <bpjab1> Dave Hellis at the mic
[09:14:29] mezgani ali leaves the room
[09:16:38] <bpjab1> Choosing an I-D was not on the agenda..
[09:16:46] <bpjab1> Subir Das at the mic
[09:17:28] <bpjab1> Dave Hellis at the mic
[09:17:57] <bpjab1> Barry Leiba at the mic
[09:18:33] <bpjab1> Zhu Lei at the mic
[09:19:03] <bpjab1> Scott Probasco at the mic
[09:19:04] Tobia Castaldi leaves the room
[09:19:16] Tobia Castaldi joins the room
[09:19:17] <bpjab1> Sorry.. Chair (Gabor) talking
[09:19:35] <bpjab1> Scott Probasco at the mic
[09:20:21] <bpjab1> Peter St. Andre at the mic (with no hats)
[09:21:21] <bpjab1> Dave Hellis at the mic
[09:21:44] <bpjab1> Peter St. Andre at the mic
[09:22:31] <bpjab1> Orit Levin at the mic
[09:22:49] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide title changed... is "question" now
[09:23:59] <bpjab1> Pete Resnick at the mic
[09:26:58] <bpjab1> Subir Das at the mic
[09:27:19] <resnick> "avec chapeau" or "sans chapeau" is a fine French distinction.
[09:28:52] <bpjab1> Jonne Soininen at the mic
[09:29:18] barryleiba leaves the room
[09:30:11] <bpjab1> Zhu Lei at the mic
[09:31:10] <bpjab1> Joel Halpern at the mic
[09:32:12] <bpjab1> Orit Levin at the mic
[09:32:41] <bpjab1> Meeting concluded
[09:32:50] Nancy Bravin leaves the room
[09:32:53] sftcd1 leaves the room
[09:32:53] bpjab1 leaves the room
[09:32:57] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[09:32:57] <Tobia Castaldi> Bye all
[09:33:00] <Tobia Castaldi> See you on Meetecho @ next WG session
[09:33:04] Etienne Chaponniere leaves the room
[09:33:05] <Tobia Castaldi> :)
[09:33:28] John Stine leaves the room
[09:33:36] Simon Romano leaves the room
[09:33:58] Audio Meetecho leaves the room
[09:37:00] Gabor Bajko leaves the room
[09:39:05] Subir Das leaves the room
[09:39:28] Tobia Castaldi leaves the room
[09:40:03] resnick leaves the room
[09:41:53] Duarte Cardoso leaves the room
[09:43:10] stpeter leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[09:56:22] sftcd joins the room
[09:56:31] sftcd leaves the room
[11:04:05] stpeter joins the room
[11:12:38] stpeter leaves the room
[23:11:19] JOUGASHIMA joins the room
[23:27:18] JOUGASHIMA leaves the room