IETF
netconf
netconf@jabber.ietf.org
Monday, July 25, 2022< ^ >
Meetecho has set the subject to: NETCONF Virtual 113 Meeting
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[05:34:02] zulipbot joins the room
[13:51:49] <zulipbot> (Qiufang Ma) yes,we can.
[13:52:02] <zulipbot> (Kent Watsen) thx
[13:54:16] <zulipbot> (Mahesh Jethanandani) Need help in setting up meet echo in the room.
[13:55:23] <zulipbot> (Kent Watsen) only over meetecho, right? (room audio dead?)
[13:56:25] <zulipbot> (Mahesh Jethanandani) That is correct
[13:56:38] <zulipbot> (Kent Watsen) is mahesh speaking into the mic?  - no audio coming over meetecho
[13:56:51] <zulipbot> (Mahesh Jethanandani) I just spoke
[13:57:05] <zulipbot> (Kent Watsen) I heard you
[13:57:05] <zulipbot> (Kent Watsen) did you hear my reply?
[13:57:18] <zulipbot> (Mahesh Jethanandani) Good.
[13:57:18] <zulipbot> (Mahesh Jethanandani) No
[13:59:38] <zulipbot> (Jeffrey Haas) Looks like we're back to needing a jabber scribe.
[14:00:35] <zulipbot> (Sean Turner) Hi... Currently in DISPATCH. Plan to run over about 1130. If the sessions is going quicker than planned please let me know so I sprint down to the do that lest presentation
[14:01:01] <zulipbot> (Kent Watsen) ok sean
[14:01:59] <zulipbot> (Kent Watsen) meetecho - we need in-room help
[14:03:33] <zulipbot> (Jeffrey Haas) I think we've resolved the issues, so don't need meetecho?
[14:06:53] <zulipbot> (Kent Watsen) Alex Feng - are you in-person or remote?
[14:08:59] <zulipbot> (Alex Huang Feng) I am in person Kent
[14:09:40] <zulipbot> (Thomas Graf) Alex and me are in person
[14:10:08] <zulipbot> (Kent Watsen) I cannot hear alex
[14:10:23] <zulipbot> (Kent Watsen) got it
[14:25:42] <zulipbot> (Robert Wilton) If anyone can help take/correct notes at https://notes.ietf.org/notes-ietf-114-netconf?both that would be helpful.
[14:44:07] <zulipbot> (Kent Watsen) Sean, we're about 25 mins from your preso
[14:45:04] <zulipbot> (Sean Turner) excellent!
[14:47:04] <zulipbot> (Sean Turner) I will plan to be there at the top of the hour
[15:03:36] <zulipbot> (Kent Watsen) Seam, we're ~~15 min from your preso
[15:04:05] <zulipbot> (Kent Watsen) s/Seam/Sean/
[15:14:17] <zulipbot> (Kent Watsen) Sean, your preso is imminent
[15:26:45] <zulipbot> (Jeffrey Haas) slides must be from a parallel timeline.
[15:26:58] <zulipbot> (Mahesh Jethanandani) https://github.com/netconf-wg/netconf-next/issues
[15:28:00] <zulipbot> (Mahesh Jethanandani) Issues related to NETCONF-next and RESTCONF-next
[15:31:28] <zulipbot> (Kent Watsen) https://github.com/netconf-wg/restconf-next/issues
[15:31:54] <zulipbot> (Kent Watsen) https://github.com/netmod-wg/yang-next/issues
[15:37:58] <zulipbot> (BenoƮt Claise) +1 to binary notif. This is the primary use case.
[15:38:25] <zulipbot> (Jeffrey Haas) Density of information is the use case IMO
[15:40:01] <zulipbot> (Jan Lindblad) Rob can answer
[15:42:50] <zulipbot> (Jeffrey Haas) xpath filtering as it'd change for binary format is a large part of the protocol headache.
[15:43:20] <zulipbot> (Jan Lindblad) There are currently three mechanisms defined for clients to figure out which modules a server supports. The YANG versioning work is adding a fourth. Draft draft-claise-opsawg-collected-data-manifest is proposing a fifth..
[15:44:13] <zulipbot> (Jan Lindblad) I think a couple of the next issues might be worth working on. Is that yes or no?
[15:44:35] <zulipbot> (Jan Lindblad) Maybe a poll for the individual proposals might be more interesting that a yes/no global answer?
[15:46:48] <zulipbot> (Jan Lindblad) I was one of the people who did "not raise hand". It was an attempt at communicating that I think we should not do most of those things.