Thursday, 17 November 2011< ^ >
Room Configuration

[09:19:29] cathy joins the room
[09:19:40] cathy leaves the room
[09:24:30] tomtaylor joins the room
[09:39:03] jpc joins the room
[09:43:33] marc.blanchet.qc joins the room
[09:45:40] Tina TSOU joins the room
[09:49:19] <Tina TSOU> chairs are talking about the the background
[09:49:37] <Tina TSOU> now, stig venaas present framework
[09:50:39] <Tina TSOU> alain durand talked about softwires things
[09:50:59] <Tina TSOU> greg sherperd explain the transitional
[09:51:15] cathy joins the room
[09:51:17] <Tina TSOU> Stig presented
[09:51:37] <Tina TSOU> overview
[09:52:11] danwing joins the room
[09:52:39] <Tina TSOU> scenarios
[09:53:17] <Tina TSOU> multicast and translation
[09:55:49] <Tina TSOU> IPv6 network receiving multicast from v4 Internet
[09:57:21] <Tina TSOU> v6 network receiving multicast from v4 Internet
[10:00:08] <Tina TSOU> well-known multicast prefix(es)
[10:01:29] <Tina TSOU> v4 network receiving multicast from v6 Internet
[10:03:24] <Tina TSOU> P9
[10:03:34] <Tina TSOU> New signalling mechanisms
[10:03:54] <tomtaylor> PCP
[10:04:27] <Tina TSOU> do u want me to convey your message?
[10:04:38] <Tina TSOU> P10, Summary
[10:04:40] <tomtaylor> No, side issue
[10:06:56] <Tina TSOU> Dave Thaler: if you use DNS to solve that
[10:07:09] <Tina TSOU> Stig: SSM question
[10:07:19] <Tina TSOU> Dave: if it is behind NAT64
[10:07:26] <Tina TSOU> Greg: location
[10:07:49] <Tina TSOU> Dave: other topics
[10:08:15] <Tina TSOU> Stig: multicast separate from unicast document
[10:08:22] <Tina TSOU> for ASM, u need that too
[10:08:27] <Tina TSOU> Dave: you could do
[10:08:37] <Tina TSOU> talk offline
[10:09:01] <Tina TSOU> Ron Bonica: individual, mapping function could be stateless or stateful
[10:09:12] <Tina TSOU> address space is larger than one the other
[10:09:40] <Tina TSOU> during the period of translation, the size of the v4, bigger than
[10:09:50] <Tina TSOU> Marshall:
[10:10:04] <Tina TSOU> Stig: not limit yourself on the prefix
[10:10:26] <Tina TSOU> Ron: new
[10:10:38] <Tina TSOU> can simplify
[10:10:50] <Tina TSOU> Marshall: use SSM
[10:11:10] <Tina TSOU> Sue Hares: u r going to restrict the prefix
[10:11:22] <Tina TSOU> Stig: yes
[10:11:48] <Tina TSOU> Sue: address function translation only, can also be used on join
[10:11:55] <Tina TSOU> Stig: I think so
[10:12:16] <Tina TSOU> Dave: for unicast, stateless and stateful
[10:12:28] <Tina TSOU> small range v4 and v6
[10:12:48] <Tina TSOU> data center, if can constraint something
[10:13:03] <Tina TSOU> can do the same choice for multicast
[10:13:16] <Tina TSOU> Ron: translator can work one of the two
[10:13:36] <Tina TSOU> can subscribe to .., two work
[10:13:54] <Tina TSOU> Stig: if u do this dynamically, you could join
[10:14:00] <tomtaylor> I guess these are key issues, but we're way off schedule
[10:14:01] <Tina TSOU> forward traffic
[10:14:11] <Tina TSOU> convey for u?
[10:14:30] <tomtaylor> Not sure if that's proper
[10:15:00] <Tina TSOU> Greg: SSM is typical use case
[10:15:15] <Tina TSOU> Ron; I will send u a join in a minute
[10:15:15] <Tina TSOU> Dave: sure u can
[10:15:31] <Tina TSOU> Greg: nothing to do with state
[10:15:38] <Tina TSOU> Dave, Stig: SDP
[10:16:02] <Tina TSOU> Hitoshi: question, why is SDP related stuff
[10:16:17] <Tina TSOU> the translator should not change data itself
[10:16:40] <Tina TSOU> Stig: email, http
[10:17:22] <Tina TSOU> Hiroshi: stateful translastion, we may have some translator, is there any mechanism to synchronize them
[10:18:03] <Tina TSOU> Toerless: response
[10:18:20] <Tina TSOU>
[10:18:25] danwing leaves the room
[10:18:40] <Tina TSOU> Qiong Sun presented on behalf of Qian WANG
[10:18:59] <Tina TSOU> 6-6-4
[10:19:11] <Tina TSOU> 6-4-6-4
[10:19:37] danwing joins the room
[10:20:41] <Tina TSOU> Marc Blanchet: v4 source, v4 multicast
[10:20:46] <Tina TSOU> between AF1 and AF2
[10:20:58] <Tina TSOU> Qiong: not removed
[10:21:09] <Tina TSOU> v6 IPTV to our new customers
[10:21:34] Dave Thaler joins the room
[10:23:09] <Tina TSOU> Dave: v4 access network is not multicast capable
[10:25:13] <Tina TSOU> Toerless: beyond purely multicast day
[10:25:42] <Tina TSOU> important for us
[10:25:59] <Tina TSOU> Marshall: problem cases
[10:26:21] <Tina TSOU> Hiroshi: we should consider
[10:27:17] <Tina TSOU> Dave: use cases complete?
[10:27:25] <Tina TSOU> Tina: two uses cases from operators
[10:27:38] <Tina TSOU>
[10:28:01] <Tina TSOU> Christian Jacquenee: problem statement and use cases
[10:28:12] <Tina TSOU> Context
[10:29:41] <Tina TSOU> the complete use cases are in the draft and issues slides
[10:29:49] <Tina TSOU> 4-6-4 use case
[10:32:33] <Tina TSOU> Toerless: SSM?
[10:32:36] <Tina TSOU> CJ: yes
[10:32:57] <Tina TSOU> Stig: how about v6 receiver?
[10:33:24] <Tina TSOU> Ron: tunneling anywhere?
[10:33:46] <Tina TSOU> Ron: 4 only source and receiver
[10:34:09] <Tina TSOU> how this use case different from the last one we saw
[10:34:17] <Tina TSOU> v4 receiver is the different
[10:34:22] <Tina TSOU> DR is
[10:34:39] <Tina TSOU> Toreless: ...
[10:34:57] <Tina TSOU> Ron: CGN, CPE the same use case?
[10:35:05] <Tina TSOU> CJ: don't know
[10:35:28] <Tina TSOU> Ron: coming into one end, out of the other end
[10:35:37] <Tina TSOU> needs to translate v4 multicast to v6 multicast
[10:35:47] <Tina TSOU> reflect the design
[10:35:49] <Tina TSOU> CJ said
[10:36:05] <Tina TSOU> Toreless: use case descriptions
[10:36:10] <Tina TSOU> are needed
[10:36:20] <Tina TSOU> the native receivers are there
[10:36:34] <Tina TSOU> CJ: it goes slightly beyond technical
[10:36:45] <Tina TSOU> v6 native receiver
[10:37:04] <Tina TSOU> Marshall Eubanks: 1-2 prefix
[10:37:13] <Tina TSOU> anything come out of that CGN
[10:37:46] <Tina TSOU> addition to IPv4 sources, not necessary to restrict that
[10:37:58] <Tina TSOU> other sources from other providers
[10:38:10] <Tina TSOU> different color source
[10:38:22] <Tina TSOU> CJ: exactly
[10:38:40] <Tina TSOU> when comes the time, there will be v6 source
[10:39:01] <Tina TSOU> Marshall: short term constraint
[10:39:18] <Tina TSOU> CJ: 2013
[10:39:33] <Tina TSOU> not sure 6-6-6
[10:39:48] <Tina TSOU> Marshall: clarify problem
[10:40:02] <Tina TSOU> Marc: same thing as before
[10:40:14] <Tina TSOU> SDP, translation
[10:40:26] <Tina TSOU> Stig: if u do simple mapping
[10:41:07] <Tina TSOU> IPv4 sources, u can use the same mapping
[10:41:19] <Tina TSOU> Dave: use case good to generate the requirements
[10:41:40] <Tina TSOU> R and S are the same family
[10:42:57] <Tina TSOU> Marshall: it doesn't say having to do this way
[10:43:02] <Tina TSOU> Dave: has a lot to do what's necessary
[10:43:16] <Tina TSOU> u can preserve or constraint
[10:43:36] <Tina TSOU> Spencer Dawkins: solutions may
[10:44:09] <Tina TSOU>
[10:44:35] <Tina TSOU> Marshall is the presenter
[10:45:14] <Tina TSOU> contents
[10:46:56] <tomtaylor> Example 1
[10:46:58] <Tina TSOU> Marshall: v6 cloud
[10:47:36] <Tina TSOU> Ron: 4-x-4 can add v6 receiver
[10:48:10] <Tina TSOU> Marshall: what u think
[10:48:17] <Tina TSOU> CJ: agrees with Ron
[10:49:01] <Tina TSOU> Greg: we need to focus on requirements
[10:49:07] <Tina TSOU> Marshall: discussion
[10:49:12] <Tina TSOU> was held
[10:49:45] <Tina TSOU> Stig: start use 6 as source, some time to go
[10:50:03] <Tina TSOU> consider left side, the mix of receivers
[10:50:27] <Tina TSOU> Alain Durand: reality
[10:50:58] <Tina TSOU> source will be remain as v4 for long time
[10:51:26] <Tina TSOU> Marc: behave interim meeting
[10:51:51] <Tina TSOU> not continue talking the old thing
[10:52:09] <Tina TSOU> process
[10:52:19] <Tina TSOU> Dan Wing: 5 hours for behave
[10:52:44] <Tina TSOU> P4, walk through
[10:52:53] <Tina TSOU> Dave: step 0 is missing
[10:53:07] <Tina TSOU> P5
[10:53:26] <Tina TSOU> P6
[10:53:42] <Tina TSOU> address mapping
[10:54:07] <Tina TSOU> Stig: well known algorithm or different thing
[10:54:26] <Tina TSOU> Ron: all the sources of v4, stateless well known prefix
[10:54:46] <Tina TSOU> Marshall: if the box is ALG
[10:55:00] <Tina TSOU> Stig: not assume ALG
[10:55:19] <Tina TSOU> Marshall: the problem is still there,
[10:55:30] <Tina TSOU> Stig: adaptation function
[10:55:48] <Tina TSOU> Ron: if it is an ALG, something sitting on the top of
[10:55:52] <Tina TSOU> dual stack
[10:55:57] <Tina TSOU> it is also ALG
[10:56:14] <Tina TSOU> Dave: something can translate
[10:56:32] <Tina TSOU> may not be the same box
[10:56:51] <Tina TSOU> don't have to be the same
[10:57:18] <Tina TSOU> Dan: ALG is application layer
[10:58:13] <Tina TSOU> Marshall: the classic multicast mode
[10:58:22] <Tina TSOU> Dan: how classic
[10:58:35] <Tina TSOU> HTTPS
[10:58:44] <Tina TSOU> we can't make ALG do anything
[10:59:01] <Tina TSOU> Ron: isn't ALG
[10:59:11] <Tina TSOU> signalling on the control,
[10:59:17] <Tina TSOU> relay on the data plane
[10:59:25] <Tina TSOU> Stig: keeps it is open
[10:59:32] <Tina TSOU> ALG restrict it
[10:59:56] <Tina TSOU> Spencer: we can imagine something
[11:00:17] <Tina TSOU> Hiroshi: having the function on the multicast router
[11:00:30] <Tina TSOU> to translate v4-v6
[11:01:27] <Tina TSOU> Toreless: which application are u talking about
[11:02:03] <Tina TSOU> when did u get the v6 address? EPG?
[11:02:19] <Tina TSOU> v6 source doesn't exist?
[11:02:39] <Tina TSOU> whatever the EPG comes from, originally from v4
[11:03:06] <Tina TSOU> we need to understand the EPG, R-S
[11:03:17] <Tina TSOU> Stig: controller of the EPG
[11:03:26] <Tina TSOU> all the STB
[11:03:35] <Tina TSOU> differnt EPG information
[11:03:46] <Tina TSOU> Dave: how many slides?
[11:04:05] <Tina TSOU> step 0, how do u learn
[11:04:10] <Tina TSOU> 3 possibilites
[11:04:21] <Tina TSOU> 0: propiretary
[11:04:32] <Tina TSOU> 2: assume a single discovery protocol
[11:05:11] <Tina TSOU> 3: STB has no plan
[11:05:31] <Tina TSOU> what the receiver gets is the same as the source
[11:05:40] <Tina TSOU> the real source G
[11:06:44] <Tina TSOU> Marshall: v6 address, send join
[11:06:50] <Tina TSOU> v4 address, do whatever
[11:07:09] <Tina TSOU> Dave: either different ...
[11:07:24] <Tina TSOU> Marshall: deploy v6 STB right now will think about that
[11:07:48] <Tina TSOU> Stig: in my slides too
[11:07:50] <Tina TSOU> out of 3
[11:07:56] <Tina TSOU> Dave said
[11:08:14] <Tina TSOU> Ron: inteliggent design
[11:08:19] <Tina TSOU> Marshall: n o
[11:08:25] <Tina TSOU> Toreless: dual stack
[11:08:51] <Tina TSOU> v4
[11:09:23] <Tina TSOU> Dave: x-y-x
[11:10:01] <Tina TSOU> Marshall: for solution, website
[11:10:07] <Tina TSOU> IPTV world, u can do that
[11:10:33] <Tina TSOU> Dave: solution 1
[11:10:46] <Tina TSOU> STB doing?
[11:11:12] <Tina TSOU> Marshall: in scope?
[11:11:43] <Tina TSOU> Dave: solution 1
[11:11:59] <Tina TSOU> Marshall: how do you know the source is
[11:12:03] <Tina TSOU> go to the website
[11:12:20] <Tina TSOU> Marc: we may not touch pri, sip case
[11:12:28] <Tina TSOU> get the right v4-v6
[11:13:05] <Tina TSOU> Dave: cat 3
[11:13:17] <Tina TSOU> Marshall: not solving here
[11:13:34] <Tina TSOU> Example 2
[11:13:43] <Tina TSOU> why not softwires
[11:14:22] <Tina TSOU> Toreless: other case?
[11:14:48] <Tina TSOU> we are not solution discussion
[11:14:48] <tomtaylor> This covers DS-Lite case
[11:14:53] <Tina TSOU> AMT?
[11:15:30] <Tina TSOU> Dave: middle wire
[11:15:49] <Tina TSOU> Toreless: unicast only
[11:16:04] <Tina TSOU> Dave: first one yes, the other different
[11:16:27] <Tina TSOU> Toreless: unicast out of scope?
[11:16:35] <Tina TSOU> I fear hours, never go to
[11:16:39] <Tina TSOU> Marshall: done
[11:17:08] <Tina TSOU> thank u
[11:17:32] <Tina TSOU> energy
[11:17:43] <tomtaylor> +1
[11:17:45] <Tina TSOU> willing to work on the problem
[11:19:01] <Tina TSOU> Dave: split out from behave, both multicast and NAT
[11:19:22] <Tina TSOU> uniform
[11:19:46] <Tina TSOU> Alain: already do
[11:19:58] <Tina TSOU> Stig: besides encapsulation
[11:20:10] <Tina TSOU> Stig: work on it
[11:20:44] <Tina TSOU> Greg: what pieces
[11:22:17] <Tina TSOU> Dave: suggest information discovery aspects
[11:22:22] <Tina TSOU> open in my mind
[11:22:31] danwing leaves the room
[11:22:34] <Tina TSOU> problem here, no solution
[11:22:41] <Tina TSOU> to solve this
[11:23:12] <Tina TSOU> Marc: been seen for months
[11:23:20] <Tina TSOU> focusing on use case
[11:23:27] <Tina TSOU> dedicate time about this
[11:23:49] <Tina TSOU> needs to be done
[11:23:52] <Tina TSOU> and where
[11:24:08] <Tina TSOU> larger than just encapsulation part
[11:24:31] <Tina TSOU> we should in some way which problem, which use cases
[11:24:39] <Tina TSOU> Stig: agree with Marc
[11:24:58] danwing joins the room
[11:25:10] <Tina TSOU> concentrate
[11:26:17] <Tina TSOU> Alain: focus WG
[11:26:30] <Tina TSOU> Greg: need to focus
[11:26:49] <Tina TSOU> translation, discovery
[11:27:41] danwing leaves the room
[11:28:10] <Tina TSOU> Spencer: long discussion
[11:28:15] <Tina TSOU> extensive meeting
[11:28:23] <Tina TSOU> what forum it will take
[11:29:33] danwing joins the room
[11:29:39] <Tina TSOU> do we know how to make it happen
[11:29:52] <Tina TSOU> Alain: interim meeting in softwire
[11:30:00] <Tina TSOU> working group item
[11:30:18] danwing leaves the room
[11:32:49] danwing joins the room
[11:33:56] danwing leaves the room
[11:35:19] danwing joins the room
[11:36:41] danwing leaves the room
[11:38:52] <tomtaylor> This is not a Softwires problem exceot on the content distribution side
[11:39:06] danwing joins the room
[11:39:08] danwing leaves the room
[11:39:09] <tomtaylor> Signalling is not encapsulated, discovery is a separate problem
[11:39:35] danwing joins the room
[11:40:29] danwing leaves the room
[11:41:37] danwing joins the room
[11:44:21] marc.blanchet.qc leaves the room
[11:45:10] danwing leaves the room
[11:47:11] <Tina TSOU> discussion of options
[11:49:03] <Tina TSOU> Ron: trackable problem
[11:51:22] Dave Thaler leaves the room
[11:53:33] <tomtaylor> Moree or fewer than first?
[11:53:51] <Tina TSOU> 10:10
[11:54:18] <tomtaylor> Let me break the tie
[11:54:27] <tomtaylor> :)
[11:58:27] cathy leaves the room: Computer went to sleep
[11:59:29] Tina TSOU leaves the room: Computer went to sleep
[11:59:51] tomtaylor leaves the room
[12:02:43] jpc leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!