Thursday, 28 July 2011< ^ >
Room Configuration

[12:31:48] Tobias Heer joins the room
[12:46:12] stavallo joins the room
[12:52:21] <Tobias Heer> hello
[12:52:42] <Tobias Heer> I have a porblem accessing the audio stream of room 202. You are in room 202, right?
[12:53:44] <stavallo> I have problems, too
[12:54:17] razister joins the room
[12:56:06] <Tobias Heer> audio seems to be online now
[12:56:23] <Tobias Heer> I can hear people moving
[13:02:49] Andrew McGregor joins the room
[13:03:31] Lars joins the room
[13:03:53] naptee joins the room
[13:04:00] Joonhyung Lim joins the room
[13:05:10] Zhen Tsao joins the room
[13:06:31] ari joins the room
[13:07:19] <ari> Tom giving intro and doc status
[13:07:33] <Tobias Heer> For completeness: there is another independent implementation by a German router manufacturer
[13:11:24] <ari> agenda bashing done
[13:12:03] <ari> first pres: HIP RFID (Gyu Myoung Lee)
[13:12:35] <ari> slide 2
[13:13:49] <ari> slide 3
[13:15:09] <ari> slide 4
[13:18:19] Joonhyung Lim leaves the room
[13:19:02] <Tobias Heer> Not for the mic: Thumbs up for using the issue tracker. Draft progress was not very transparent so far.
[13:19:42] <ari> Tobi: that comment is almost worth some mic-time :)
[13:19:52] <ari> Second pres
[13:20:18] <ari> HIP Proxy (Zhen Cao)
[13:20:49] <ari> Slide "Section 3.6"
[13:21:10] Joonhyung Lim joins the room
[13:22:10] <ari> slide 4
[13:23:20] <ari> slide 5
[13:24:09] <ari> 6
[13:24:21] <Tobias Heer> I have some question regarding slide 5. How can the HIP host communicate with another HIP host (not a legacy host)
[13:24:48] <Tobias Heer> I assume the Proxy will intercept every HIP connection, right?
[13:25:41] <Tobias Heer> So there is some coordination between the DNS and the HIP proxy?
[13:27:24] <Tobias Heer> To bob: only if ESP stays the only transport format specified: I wouldn't change the wording to ESP but to HIP payload.
[13:27:41] <stavallo> pardon my newbie question... can the slides being presented be downloaded from anywhere?
[13:27:53] <Tobias Heer>
[13:28:00] <Tobias Heer> search for hiprg
[13:28:18] Will joins the room
[13:28:48] <ari> slide 7
[13:28:59] <ari> 8
[13:29:06] <stavallo> many thanks!
[13:29:49] <Tobias Heer> Question: are there implementation efforts for all / any of the proxy approaches?
[13:30:17] <Tobias Heer> If no there needs to be a very careful review before going LC.
[13:30:25] <Tobias Heer> That's for the mic.
[13:30:58] <ari> answer: yes
[13:31:49] <Tobias Heer> cheers
[13:32:44] <Zhen Tsao> to clarify, some of the proxy approaches , not all
[13:33:12] <Tobias Heer> It would be good if there was some info on the list which were implemented
[13:33:22] <Tobias Heer> so we know these were tested in practice.
[13:33:35] <ari> next presentation: HIP based femtocell nets
[13:33:46] <ari> Suneth Namal
[13:33:57] <ari> slide 2
[13:34:34] <ari> slide 3
[13:35:47] <ari> 4
[13:36:00] <ari> 5
[13:36:24] <ari> 7(?)
[13:36:38] <ari> next..
[13:36:57] <Tobias Heer> what's the title of the slide?
[13:37:03] <ari> 9
[13:37:12] <ari> Reg extenstions for HIP now
[13:37:30] <ari> 10
[13:37:55] <ari> 11
[13:38:07] <ari> 12
[13:38:13] <ari> this is going fast..
[13:38:47] <ari> FAP and SeGW slide
[13:39:29] <ari> ESP IPsec slide
[13:39:58] <ari> next..
[13:40:40] <ari> advantages slide
[13:42:22] <ari> evaluation slide
[13:42:33] <ari> omnet++ slide
[13:43:09] <ari> q on eval slide
[13:43:29] <ari> hip based femtocell slide
[13:43:53] <ari> throughput slide
[13:44:14] <ari> expected results slide
[13:44:45] <ari> done
[13:48:36] <ari> Next presentation: Status update on HIP deployment research (Tapio Levä)
[13:49:09] <ari> slide 2
[13:50:39] <ari> slide 3
[13:51:56] <ari> 4
[13:52:36] <ari> 5
[13:56:03] <ari> 6
[13:59:26] <ari> 7
[14:04:45] <ari> Next: HIP VPLS (David Mattes)
[14:05:19] <Tobias Heer> To Ari and Tapio: I guess one more thing to look at is not just increasing mobility but also the ipv4 and ipv6 coexistence. Maybe HIP may be useful here as well.
[14:05:57] <ari> Tobi: true
[14:06:04] <ari> (slide 2)
[14:06:22] <ari> s 3
[14:08:52] <ari> 4
[14:08:59] <Tobias Heer> Ari/Tapio: One more thing regarding the deployment: when we approached our commercial partners with the suggestion that they should implement HIP, they were quite enthusiastic about doing it. They just hadn't ever heard of it. Now they have that other independent implementation up and running. It took them approximately 1 man-year to get it done. Maybe publicity is a problem too. People don't know it.
[14:10:48] <ari> Tobi: good point. I'd guess one good success story would help here.
[14:10:50] <ari> slide 5
[14:11:04] <ari> 6
[14:12:38] <ari> 7
[14:13:10] <ari> 8
[14:14:36] <Lars> how close are we to the final agenda item?
[14:14:45] <Lars> (in terms of minutes til start?)
[14:14:53] <ari> 9
[14:15:30] <ari> Lars: 2nd to last presentation going
[14:16:35] <ari> slide 10 (of 16)
[14:18:11] <ari> 11
[14:18:33] <Lars> thanks
[14:19:53] <ari> 12
[14:21:21] <ari> 13
[14:22:04] <Tobias Heer> I guess we have to speed up to still have time to talk about the charter.
[14:22:35] <ari> 14
[14:26:32] <Tobias Heer> still 14?
[14:27:21] <ari> yes
[14:27:27] Lars leaves the room
[14:29:38] ShoichiSakane joins the room
[14:29:43] <ari> 15
[14:29:54] Lars joins the room
[14:32:13] <ari> 16
[14:35:22] <ari> 17 (end)
[14:35:24] <Tobias Heer> Mic: This looks very similar to what we are doing in one of our projects with that german router manufacturer I mentioned before. I will channel the presentation to them. Maybe they are interested in extending their implementation to support this work as well. Is there a spec? paper? whitepaper? I can forward?
[14:36:46] <Tobias Heer> thanks
[14:39:02] <ari> demo time
[14:40:33] <ari> showing a suit case with integrated hardware and blinky lights -- cool :)
[14:40:59] <Tobias Heer> they have a chemical plant in a box ;-)
[14:41:03] <Tobias Heer> ?
[14:41:14] <Tobias Heer> wow.
[14:41:30] <ari> luckily just a virtual one :)
[14:42:51] <Tobias Heer> I just realized that we have enough time: I misread the schedule - sorry for my previous comment.
[14:52:17] <Tobias Heer> who is that on the mic? Its a bit hard to hear.
[14:53:43] <ari> Steve form Juniper
[14:53:49] Zhen Tsao leaves the room
[14:53:58] <Tobias Heer> thanks
[15:01:35] <ari> next pres: open hip (Tom)
[15:01:37] <ari> slide 2
[15:03:18] <ari> 4
[15:05:35] <ari> 5
[15:06:31] <ari> 6
[15:08:22] <ari> Next: rechartering discussion
[15:08:36] <ari> (slide 12 in intro slides)
[15:12:39] <Tobias Heer> To the mic: I think starting the middlebox related work as RG items is important because HIP leaves some open ends regarding middleboxes. This is not a focus of the WG but it can't stay unaddressed for long if we want someone to close these open ends.
[15:14:23] <razister> Ari, can you forward this at the end of the session?
[15:14:24] <Tobias Heer> But wait with the comment until the general comments on the continuation of the RG are done.
[15:14:34] <razister> This is Jani Pellikka from Centre for Wireless Communications, Univ. Oulu, Finland.
I want to use this opportunity to announce that we have a C++ implementation of HIP Diet Exchange for Linux.
Only the exchange is implemented and it works on IPv4 and IPv6. It is not yet public as we are experimenting
with it and using it in our research project, but later we intend to open source it. Probably in the next
IETF meeting we can present some results and show what we have done with it. I will email the mailing list
about this as well. Just FYI.
[15:15:28] <ari> Jani: to the mic?
[15:15:44] <razister> Yes, please.
[15:15:50] <ari> ack
[15:22:31] <Tobias Heer> To the mic: for the last 6 meetings, the RG was fairly booked out. I don't see a shortage of people who want to contribute.
[15:24:05] <Tobias Heer> Middleboxe were excluded from the WG initially.
[15:27:11] Joonhyung Lim leaves the room
[15:28:44] <Tobias Heer> To the mic: middleboxes are quite researchy because they are really tied to appliacations scenarios. This is not what the WG does.
[15:29:17] Andrew McGregor leaves the room
[15:29:57] <Tobias Heer> I can understand taht its not part of the WG because it is chartered to develop a minimal solution.
[15:31:23] <Tobias Heer> and sorry for the late comments. typing takes time.
[15:33:56] Lars leaves the room
[15:34:56] <Tobias Heer> thanks for relaying
[15:35:11] <ari> np!
[15:35:43] ari leaves the room
[15:37:21] razister leaves the room
[15:37:59] stavallo leaves the room
[15:38:35] ShoichiSakane leaves the room
[15:38:52] Tobias Heer leaves the room
[15:39:49] naptee leaves the room
[15:44:04] Will leaves the room
[15:48:03] Will Ivancic joins the room
[16:13:34] Will Ivancic leaves the room
[16:16:47] Will Ivancic joins the room
[16:59:58] Lars joins the room
[17:02:48] Andrew McGregor joins the room
[17:04:11] Will Ivancic leaves the room
[17:10:56] Andrew McGregor leaves the room
[17:26:36] Lars leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!