IETF
forces
forces@jabber.ietf.org
Monday, July 21, 2014< ^ >
Evangelos Haleplidis has set the subject to: IETF 85 ForCES WG
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[17:36:09] rgb joins the room
[19:02:27] adrianfarrel joins the room
[19:05:16] adrianfarrel leaves the room
[19:16:03] adrianfarrel joins the room
[19:16:28] adrianfarrel has set the subject to: IETF 90 ForCES WG
[19:17:00] streamer room joins the room
[19:17:45] kiran makhijani joins the room
[19:18:41] mahoney@nostrum.com joins the room
[19:18:42] monitor room joins the room
[19:20:18] kiran makhijani leaves the room
[19:20:30] Meetecho Team joins the room
[19:24:15] alex amirante joins the room
[19:27:34] Y(J)S joins the room
[19:27:38] Doug Montgomery joins the room
[19:27:58] <Y(J)S> chairs presentation
[19:28:00] Doug Montgomery leaves the room
[19:28:29] <Y(J)S> behind charter by 8 months - Honolulu may be last meeting (want to shut down)
[19:28:45] <Y(J)S> Adrian at mike - success if complete drafts before next IETF
[19:29:17] <Y(J)S> asks to shoot for not meeting in Honolulu
[19:30:21] <Y(J)S> chairs going over charter items
[19:31:17] Doug Montgomery joins the room
[19:31:52] Spyros Denazis joins the room
[19:36:32] Doug Montgomery leaves the room
[19:38:33] Doug Montgomery joins the room
[19:38:45] <Y(J)S> long discussion at mike between AD and Costas on whether to close or recharter the WG
[19:40:46] adrianfarrel leaves the room
[19:41:16] <Y(J)S> interFE LFB slides
[19:41:59] adrianfarrel joins the room
[19:44:18] Meetecho Team leaves the room
[19:44:24] <Y(J)S> show of hands - support for adopting as WG draft
[19:47:53] <Y(J)S> question was asked when there was a ForCES tutorial at IETF
[19:48:07] <Y(J)S> EDU team wants a full SDN tutorial
[19:49:21] <Y(J)S> Y(J)S volunteered to do the SDN part and Evangelos is willing to do the ForCES part
[19:50:00] Meetecho Team joins the room
[19:50:08] <Y(J)S> LFB Subsidiary Management
[19:50:55] <Y(J)S> chairs ask to adopt as WG draft
[19:51:02] <Y(J)S> no objection - will take to list
[19:51:45] <Y(J)S> Evagelos on Packet parallelization
[19:52:18] <Y(J)S> LC finished and will be a new version (after comments from Jamal)
[19:55:29] Spyros Denazis leaves the room
[19:55:55] <Y(J)S> Evangelos again- bits and bytes demo
[19:56:06] Spyros Denazis joins the room
[19:58:02] Simon Romano joins the room
[19:58:16] adrianfarrel leaves the room
[20:00:54] adrianfarrel joins the room
[20:02:19] Meetecho Team leaves the room
[20:07:41] Meetecho Team joins the room
[20:08:59] Praveen Kumar joins the room
[20:09:44] <Y(J)S> discussions at mike on NFV PoC
[20:10:41] <Y(J)S> Y(J)S claimed that ForCES beats OpenFlow for NFV applications since OF is limited to a specific processing model (table and group table) while ForCES can describe more generic functionalities
[20:11:14] <Y(J)S> the PoC implements the NFV-ISG interfaces with ForCES
[20:11:34] KY Hong joins the room
[20:12:56] KY Hong leaves the room
[20:18:11] KY joins the room
[20:19:17] bpenfield joins the room
[20:23:54] Spyros Denazis leaves the room
[20:25:52] <Y(J)S> there was a demo in Vancouver, but w/o virtual containers (no NFV) and different application (no GTPC, ...)
[20:27:45] <Y(J)S> really behind time
[20:27:59] <Y(J)S> separation of CP and DP in mobility architectures
[20:28:12] <Y(J)S> this is for informal discussion
[20:30:49] Meetecho Team leaves the room
[20:31:59] Spyros  Denazis joins the room
[20:32:15] mahoney@nostrum.com leaves the room
[20:34:48] adrianfarrel leaves the room
[20:34:55] KY leaves the room
[20:38:56] <Y(J)S> running out of time ..............
[20:39:15] <Y(J)S> Y(J)S said that work is similar to WT-328 in the BBF
[20:40:16] <Y(J)S> Deng from China mobile brought up virtualized data paths for EPC evolution
[20:40:33] <Y(J)S> time up
[20:40:54] bpenfield leaves the room
[20:43:02] <Y(J)S> draft-cao-dataplane-acceleration-framework-01 in relation to ForCES
[20:43:27] <Y(J)S> seems to be a gap between slope of traffic and forwarding capabilities
[20:44:06] Paolo Saviano joins the room
[20:45:55] Paolo Saviano leaves the room
[20:47:51] Paolo Saviano joins the room
[20:48:35] Spyros  Denazis leaves the room
[20:51:21] <Y(J)S> Parviz: do we need a requirements doc ?  Jamal - as in informational RFC probably not
[20:52:13] <Y(J)S> chairs: worthwhile to make LFB library extension to accomodate some of this type of app to see if there are gaps
[20:52:15] Paolo Saviano leaves the room
[20:53:50] Simon Romano leaves the room
[20:55:31] <Y(J)S> Rick Taylor - this seems to be implementing ForCES rather than extending, and so not a WG task
[20:57:13] <Y(J)S> Rick - I am evaluating using ForCES
[20:57:57] <Y(J)S> Jamal - please post to list
[20:58:40] <Y(J)S> done !
[20:59:32] streamer room leaves the room
[21:00:01] alex amirante leaves the room
[21:00:03] Doug Montgomery leaves the room
[21:00:11] Praveen Kumar leaves the room
[21:00:18] monitor room leaves the room
[21:11:18] Y(J)S leaves the room
[21:14:34] Doug Montgomery joins the room
[21:15:15] mahoney@nostrum.com joins the room
[21:15:23] mahoney@nostrum.com leaves the room
[21:56:59] Doug Montgomery leaves the room
[21:57:41] Doug Montgomery joins the room
[22:04:28] adrianfarrel joins the room
[22:04:37] adrianfarrel leaves the room
[22:51:04] Doug Montgomery leaves the room