IETF
dtn@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, November 10, 2022< ^ >
Meetecho has set the subject to: DTN IETF 113
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[12:46:55] <zulipbot> (Scott Johnson) Ground Control to Major Tom?
[12:47:06] vilg leaves the room
[12:47:06] vilg leaves the room
[12:47:06] vilg leaves the room
[12:47:06] vilg leaves the room
[12:47:26] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) LOL 😴
[12:48:32] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) this is kind my favorite TZ
[12:48:45] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) locals are sleeping so I can get work done
[12:49:54] <zulipbot> (Scott Johnson) the coding hour begins at midnight for me
[12:50:36] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) pepsi or coke ?
[12:51:38] <zulipbot> (Scott Johnson) to clean the battery terminals with, you mean?  lol.  earl gray, cold.
[12:51:58] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) nice
[12:52:12] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) sparkling water here, well and some coffee
[12:53:59] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) test heat shield launched on atlas V was recovered
[12:54:12] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) splashed as planned
[12:55:11] <zulipbot> (Scott Johnson) i bet they could make a pretty good heat shield with my graphene oxide.
[12:57:20] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) it is an inflatable prototype to be used in future mars missions
[12:59:54] <zulipbot> (Scott Johnson) graphene oxide!  get your graphene oxide here!  inna paste!  lol
[13:00:20] <zulipbot> (Edward Birrane) Welcome!
[13:00:47] <zulipbot> (Scott Johnson) Greetings and salutations, Ed :)
[13:01:00] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) Hi Ed
[13:01:13] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) so we got the TVR WG ?
[13:01:26] <zulipbot> (Edward Birrane) It was an excellent start
[13:01:26] <zulipbot> (Edward Birrane) Rest is up to the ADs
[13:01:52] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) agreed
[13:02:05] <zulipbot> (Ira McDonald) Audio is fine remotely
[13:02:19] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) +1
[13:02:19] <zulipbot> (Alberto Montilla) Good Morning/Afternoon folks!
[13:02:34] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) Hi Alberto
[13:02:34] <zulipbot> (Scott Johnson) Hi Alberto!
[13:20:37] <zulipbot> (Marc Blanchet) can't find the button to be on the queue. Or is the queue not opened?
[13:21:01] <zulipbot> (Marc Blanchet) found it
[13:26:23] <zulipbot> (Scott Johnson) define single bundle processing node
[13:26:36] <zulipbot> (Stephen Farrell) how could that MUST be enforced?
[13:27:28] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) hmmm
[13:28:36] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) confusing
[13:29:35] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) hmmm wrong
[13:30:33] <zulipbot> (Stephen Farrell) @ed, I'm in the room so can ask about it again later when it comes up again
[13:30:46] <zulipbot> (Edward Birrane) I see you now!
[13:36:07] <zulipbot> (Scott Johnson) it is like RFC1918 IP Address space
[13:40:49] <zulipbot> (Scott Burleigh) "Node" is formally defined in RFC 9171.
[13:42:56] <zulipbot> (Erik Kline) "A bundle node (or, in the context of this document, simply a "node") is any entity that can send and/or receive bundles." (S3.1)
[13:47:10] <zulipbot> (Erik Kline) just noticed: slide 11 mixed "Numbering Authority" and "Naming Authority" terms  (they're the same thing, AIUI)
[13:47:29] <zulipbot> (Edward Birrane) They are meant to say numbering authority in all cases.
[13:49:34] <zulipbot> (Scott Johnson) anycast mode, no opinion.  multihomed mode should be allowed.
[13:52:26] <zulipbot> (Erik Kline) "Null Authority", though, is really ... "IANA Authority"?
[13:59:33] <zulipbot> (Scott Johnson) We used the available mechanism to request Node ID's, per spec, as offered.  While Spacely Packets is not married to those numbers, we would have some administrative cost, in the form of my time, to renumbering our networks if our allocation were to change.
[14:01:58] <zulipbot> (Erik Kline) The RFC 4291 "addresses are assigned to interfaces" restriction is a bit difficult to enforce in a world where virtual interfaces can be minted up to the software limitations of a given box (need a new address? mint a virtual interface --> requirement met)
[14:02:24] <zulipbot> (Erik Kline) (both with and without AD hat)
[14:02:56] <zulipbot> (Scott Johnson) Multiple node numbers on a single instance of a bundle processing application allow discrete connectivity and delivery over varying ranges of convergence layer adapters.
[14:03:09] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) DTN != IPv6 but we can have DTN over IPV6 :-)
[14:03:22] <zulipbot> (Scott Johnson) We do have DTN over IPv6 :)
[14:04:02] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) You do !!
[14:08:29] <zulipbot> (Erik Kline) Is there a notion of how to get Type 1 crypto support for BPsec?
[14:08:42] <zulipbot> (Erik Kline) (put another way: can this help with that)
[14:11:13] <zulipbot> (Edward Birrane) Erik- Is that a question for the queue?
[14:12:02] <zulipbot> (Erik Kline) could be, but perhaps whether this helps with Type 1 crypto is a question for a different body altogether?
[14:12:56] <zulipbot> (Deb Cooley) acme is only holding that draft because the IANA registry is missing
[14:13:23] <zulipbot> (Deb Cooley) The IANA registry work has to happen in DTN, then the acme draft can be completed.
[14:13:53] <zulipbot> (Rick Taylor) Thanks @Deb
[14:14:41] <zulipbot> (Deb Cooley) (and the ciphers that Brian has proposed are not 'Type 1' or high assurance crypt ciphers.
[14:15:21] <zulipbot> (Rick Taylor) @Deb - Can we liaise to work out what needs to be done to make progress and not step on each others toes offline - I think worth aligning
[14:16:14] <zulipbot> (Deb Cooley) yes, I would be happy to do that.  I'm acme wg co-chair and I work for NSA (who defines high assurance crypt)
[14:16:43] <zulipbot> (Deb Cooley) And if SF wants to play, I'd be happy to have him.
[14:16:56] <zulipbot> (Rick Taylor) (Thought you might be - good plan)
[14:18:32] <zulipbot> (Stephen Farrell) sure, happy to chat (fwiw, in case I wasn't clear I think some acme challenge setup is maybe needed that provides something similar or better than domain validation does for the webpki and I think that might be possible but the risks may be affected by all the myriad possibilities of DTN routing)
[14:19:05] <zulipbot> (Deb Cooley) That's why I was hoping you would be willing to help.
[14:36:19] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) @Ed when we will be able to play with running code ? (I ask this on every meeting :-)
[14:47:25] <zulipbot> (Alberto Montilla) Demo time!!!
[14:47:56] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) 🙂
[14:55:48] <zulipbot> (Alberto Montilla) Nice!
[14:56:23] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) Great job !!
[14:56:40] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) running code !!
[14:57:07] <zulipbot> (Edward Birrane) Always good to see a live demo!
[15:00:11] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) UART interface for LoRa BP
[15:00:50] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) that is what it is
[15:01:30] <zulipbot> (Jorge Amodio) no reason why it can not run on Zigbee
[15:01:43] <zulipbot> (Brian Sipos) Thanks all!
[15:01:57] <zulipbot> (Samo Grasic) Hi, UART interface was just completed for ION and runs over the LoRa. Maybe an idea for next demo
Powered by ejabberd - robust, scalable and extensible XMPP server Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!