IETF
bcause
bcause@jabber.ietf.org
Tuesday, March 26, 2019< ^ >
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[08:48:05] adrianfarrel joins the room
[09:28:41] adrianfarrel leaves the room
[10:06:56] Meetecho joins the room
[10:09:35] danielking.net joins the room
[10:11:05] VirtualQueue_xqPx9vl7 joins the room
[10:14:09] Barbara Stark joins the room
[10:15:07] Agam Jain joins the room
[10:15:08] Bernard Sales joins the room
[10:15:09] Nicolas Keukeleire joins the room
[10:15:10] Eduard Metz joins the room
[10:15:20] Killian De Smedt joins the room
[10:19:00] Kenneth Wan joins the room
[10:19:36] adrianfarrel joins the room
[10:21:23] <danielking.net> Meeting started.
[10:22:18] Barbara Stark has set the subject to: bcause at IETF 104
[10:23:13] yutianpeng joins the room
[10:23:16] <danielking.net> 1. Admin - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/104/materials/slides-104-bcause-chairs-slides-02
[10:23:54] Huaru Yang joins the room
[10:24:30] Bernard Sales leaves the room
[10:24:37] Bernard Sales joins the room
[10:24:42] <danielking.net> No Agenda Changes
[10:25:26] <danielking.net> AD (Martin Vigoureux) Speaking
[10:26:06] Kaushik Chakraborty joins the room
[10:26:09] <adrianfarrel> ...and spelling his name correctly!
[10:27:01] <adrianfarrel> BTW... Remote people who want a comment made at the microphone for them... Please make this very clear for the jabber scribe. For example, write MIC: before your comment
[10:27:44] <danielking.net> Dear remote Jabber participants, I will be able to proxy your comments, please make sure you write the question clearly so I can read verbatim.  
[10:28:03] Kaushik Chakraborty leaves the room
[10:28:07] <danielking.net> Hmm, just an FYI there is significant lag (5 seconds) from typing to appearing in Jabber channel.
[10:28:48] Kaarthik Sivakumar joins the room
[10:29:34] danielking.net joins the room
[10:29:49] <danielking.net> The delay is >30 seconds now.
[10:30:33] Barbara Stark leaves the room
[10:30:36] <danielking.net> 3. Questions to address in the BoF - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/104/materials/slides-104-bcause-chairs-slides-02
[10:31:04] <danielking.net> Lian - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/104/materials/slides-104-bcause-4a-china-mobiles-view-of-disaggregated-bng-02
[10:31:05] <adrianfarrel> in the past lag is bet fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting
[10:31:05] <yutianpeng> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/104/materials/slides-104-bcause-4a-china-mobiles-view-of-disaggregated-bng-02
[10:32:18] <danielking.net> ^^ Yup, reset connection and relogged into Jabber room.
[10:34:39] SHUCHENG LIU joins the room
[10:38:23] Agam Jain leaves the room
[10:39:58] <danielking.net> Lian presentation ended. Chairs asking room if message from operator was clear.
[10:40:12] <danielking.net> Next presentation.
[10:40:16] <danielking.net> Tom - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/104/materials/slides-104-bcause-operator-cups-bng-use-case-00
[10:40:35] <danielking.net> Not Tom - This is...
[10:41:09] <danielking.net> Dirk
[10:41:17] <danielking.net> Dirk v Hugo
[10:42:32] Yisong Liu joins the room
[10:42:41] danielking.net leaves the room
[10:42:53] Barbara Stark joins the room
[10:42:53] Nicolas Keukeleire leaves the room
[10:47:06] <danielking.net> Dirk presentation ended.
[10:47:16] <danielking.net> Chairs asking if room has any questions for Dirk.
[10:47:38] <danielking.net> Question from room: What is a "pod"?
[10:47:58] <danielking.net> Potentially "Point of delivery"
[10:48:12] <danielking.net> Next presentation.
[10:48:27] <danielking.net> David Sinicrope - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/104/materials/slides-104-bcause-disaggregated-bng-broadband-forum-and-the-ietf-00
[10:51:43] <danielking.net> David is speaker as "IETF to BBF Liaison Manager" - Ever wondered what the actual description of an IETF Liaison Manager was? https://www6.ietf.org/liaison/managers.html
[10:52:38] <danielking.net> Question at mic from Ning Zong but deferred to later.
[10:58:54] <danielking.net> Presentation ended. Now questions.
[10:58:58] SESHAN KRISHNAMURTHY joins the room
[10:59:12] <danielking.net> Question from Ning Zong at mic. Re: Liaison list slide
[10:59:56] <adrianfarrel> Sri G at mic
[11:00:02] <danielking.net> Question from Sri at mic  
[11:00:31] <danielking.net> Re: What is the SDO aspect, technical, general, highlevel?
[11:01:44] <danielking.net> Question at mic from Brian (as Davids Liaison Manager boss)
[11:02:42] <danielking.net> Re: What is the BBF current doing relative to dissaggregated BNG
[11:03:53] <danielking.net> Question from Sanjay at mic
[11:04:26] <danielking.net> It was a clarification from Sanjay. Now Adrian (as co-Chair) is speaking.
[11:05:31] <danielking.net> Adrian is asking if BBF has any history of non-Member (BBF) have been allowed to particpate in BBF work.
[11:06:23] <danielking.net> Question at mic from Dan.
[11:07:00] <danielking.net> How has the division of work between the IETF amd BBF worked in the past?
[11:07:23] SESHAN KRISHNAMURTHY leaves the room
[11:08:29] Kaarthik Sivakumar leaves the room
[11:10:04] <danielking.net> Adrian (co-chair) asking for general questions now. David has stood down.
[11:10:11] <danielking.net> (from his presentation)
[11:11:27] <danielking.net> Adrian (as co-chair) questin to room: does anyone else have any opinions related to the BoF?
[11:11:37] <danielking.net> Question at mic from Wim.
[11:12:58] <danielking.net> Current slide being presented is from Chair deck - final slide: "Questions We Need to Answer"
[11:13:10] <danielking.net> v
[11:13:11] <danielking.net> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/104/materials/slides-104-bcause-chairs-slides-02
[11:14:47] Bjorn Hjelm joins the room
[11:15:30] <danielking.net> Question at mic from Eric - What are you (chairs) proposing?
[11:16:07] <danielking.net> Question from Sanjay at mic: if you look at the list of TRs the BBF has defined requirements, where are the requirements for this work?
[11:16:29] <danielking.net> Question at mic from Greg M.
[11:17:29] <danielking.net> Highlighting that two individual documents define requirements, and as we work on them we can see if the are suitible and if we (IETF) work with BBF we can review and agree if they are suitible.
[11:18:19] <danielking.net> Chairs capped line at mic.
[11:18:45] <danielking.net> Currently 7 people in queue at mic. Diego current speaker at mic.
[11:20:51] <danielking.net> David making point that the BBF is not objective to IETF (or any SDO) doing work.
[11:21:16] <danielking.net> "objecting"
[11:21:49] <danielking.net> David speaking as BBF representative
[11:21:53] <danielking.net> at mic
[11:23:33] <danielking.net> Currently running overtime.
[11:23:33] adrianfarrel leaves the room
[11:23:47] <danielking.net> Martin (AD) is currentlly speaking.
[11:24:24] Luay Jalil joins the room
[11:25:30] Barbara Stark leaves the room
[11:25:34] <danielking.net> Adrian (co-chair) please continue dicussion on bcause list.
[11:25:39] <danielking.net> Meeting ended.
[11:25:42] Bjorn Hjelm leaves the room
[11:25:42] Luay Jalil leaves the room
[11:25:42] Bernard Sales leaves the room
[11:25:42] Eduard Metz leaves the room
[11:25:42] Kenneth Wan leaves the room
[11:25:42] SHUCHENG LIU leaves the room
[11:25:42] Killian De Smedt leaves the room
[11:25:42] Huaru Yang leaves the room
[11:25:42] Yisong Liu leaves the room
[11:26:22] danielking.net leaves the room
[11:27:11] Meetecho leaves the room
[11:47:05] adrianfarrel joins the room
[11:47:34] adrianfarrel leaves the room
[11:52:28] yutianpeng leaves the room