Monday, July 17, 2017< ^ >
Barbara Stark has set the subject to: IETF 96 babel WG
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

[15:32:03] Meetecho joins the room
[15:35:10] Antonin Décimo joins the room
[15:35:16] Abdur Rashid Sangi joins the room
[15:36:31] Dave Taht joins the room
[15:40:44] Casper Meijn joins the room
[15:41:22] Ondřej Zajicek joins the room
[15:41:58] Denis Ovsienko joins the room
[15:42:00] <Dave Taht> mornin
[15:42:20] mcr joins the room
[15:42:40] <mcr> hi Dave. You in Prague?
[15:42:47] <mcr> guessing not.
[15:42:59] jch joins the room
[15:43:15] Antonin Décimo leaves the room
[15:43:23] tohojo joins the room
[15:44:19] Gabriel Kerneis joins the room
[15:44:25] dorothee ecoutin joins the room
[15:44:59] <Dave Taht> No, I don't travel much anymore.
[15:45:02] <Denis Ovsienko> hello people, could anybody remind me how to mute my mic?
[15:45:31] <Denis Ovsienko> there used to be a button for this before but I cannot find it this time
[15:46:02] Gwendoline Chouasne-Guillon joins the room
[15:46:23] <mcr> Denis, your mic won't get transmitted to us unless you are in the queue.
[15:46:42] Antonin Décimo joins the room
[15:46:49] <mcr> so don't worry about that, unless you are concerned that you are transmitting private stuff to the Internet.
[15:47:39] <Denis Ovsienko> allright, fine, thank you Michael
[15:47:59] Matthieu Boutier joins the room
[15:48:12] TedLemon joins the room
[15:48:12] TedLemon leaves the room
[15:48:12] TedLemon joins the room
[15:48:20] <mcr> please type mic: if you want me to channel you.  Or if you are meetecho is there is a button to get into the line.
[15:48:57] <Matthieu Boutier> hi Denis, hi Dave !
[15:49:05] <Antonin Décimo> hi Matthieu !
[15:49:35] <Dave Taht> Hi matthieu
[15:50:20] <Denis Ovsienko> nice to see you again Matthieu
[15:51:27] Andrew Hadenfeldt joins the room
[15:52:22] akatlas joins the room
[15:53:01] Ondřej Zajicek leaves the room
[15:53:02] Ondřej Zajíček joins the room
[15:54:49] <mcr> any questions, prefix with mic:
[16:00:12] tohojo leaves the room: Machine going to sleep
[16:01:26] Abdur Rashid Sangi leaves the room
[16:02:32] <Gwendoline Chouasne-Guillon> hello
[16:03:16] <akatlas> hi!
[16:03:36] <Gwendoline Chouasne-Guillon> why not take another bit in the Type field of a TLV?
[16:04:05] <akatlas> Gwendoline - is that a request for a comment at the mic?
[16:04:11] <akatlas> (mcr is at mic right now)
[16:04:29] <Gwendoline Chouasne-Guillon> you tell RFC 6126 bis nodes that Types values can be the values defined in the RFC, or these values + 2^7
[16:04:38] <Gwendoline Chouasne-Guillon> and you don't tell that to RFC 6126 nodes
[16:04:43] <Gwendoline Chouasne-Guillon> they will ignore those TLVs.
[16:06:41] <Gwendoline Chouasne-Guillon> Well I don't know, I had to stop listening to what was said while I was typing this, I don't know if it has been suggested
[16:06:55] <akatlas> no, it wasn't suggested
[16:07:10] <mcr> hi. did you need something channelled?
[16:07:18] <Dave Taht> hahha
[16:07:34] <Gwendoline Chouasne-Guillon> It may be equivalent to using the version number. I need more time to check anyway. :)
[16:09:28] tohojo joins the room
[16:10:32] <Matthieu Boutier> Or just use version 3 and obsoletes version 2.  If someone want to support compatibility for its customers, he can.
[16:11:46] Ognian Mitev joins the room
[16:15:22] <mcr> yes, could just version=3, and then do you even need critical sub-TLVs?
[16:16:15] <mcr> questions for the mic?
[16:16:19] <Gabriel Kerneis> Gwendoline, I think it was suggested on the mailing-ilst at some point though
[16:16:27] <Gabriel Kerneis> (if I understand your point correctly)
[16:16:56] <Dave Taht> Dont want the mic (bad connection). Has the RTT extension been implemented over this?
[16:17:39] <mcr> at mic was John Dowell.
[16:17:48] <mcr> at mic is Juliuz
[16:18:24] <Matthieu Boutier> RTT extension works with non mandatory sub-TLVs.
[16:19:39] <Matthieu Boutier> and yes, we really need mandatory sub-TLVs in v3. That's the point: having a new version to 1. not break compatibility, 2. have mandatory sub-TLVs
[16:20:28] <Dave Taht> my hope was to deploy something - or be in a position to deploy something... in august or september.
[16:21:28] <Matthieu Boutier> Keep hope: code merging should be faster than spec writing. In principle ! ;-)
[16:21:39] <tohojo> Define "something"? ;)
[16:21:50] <Matthieu Boutier> deploy
[16:22:37] <Dave Taht> THIS time I'm planning to deploy as a base the stable lede and just layer the more updated babel over it. It may be I deploy 1.8 universally and just set up a lab where the latest and greatest ends up (with quagga/bird/babeld).
[16:23:04] <mcr> Julisz at mic.
[16:23:51] <Dave Taht> But I have been too busy to pay attention to the churn on the mailing list, I'm glad to be attending this meeting to get caught up.
[16:26:31] <tohojo> no, I meant, what features do you want deployable?
[16:26:43] Ognian Mitev leaves the room
[16:29:20] <Dave Taht> source specific is a MUST here (5 exit nodes). My hope is to get back to work on RTT specific metrics at some point, but that working or not is not required. Interop with the old version is helpful, but my hope (after reflashing 30 routers) is to have it be easier to push out a global update to the code. Judging from all the different extensions and ideas landing, I think it's sanest for me to fully deploy 1.8 and all the rest in a lab network. (from what I've heard so far)
[16:29:45] <mcr> comments?
[16:30:23] <Dave Taht> Please pick an official tlv number this week?
[16:32:59] <Matthieu Boutier> @dave: maybe send an email ? (and support 128)
[16:33:10] <Matthieu Boutier> ( 128 )
[16:33:56] <Dave Taht> Should we generate t-shirts? "Don't be late to Support TLV 128!"
[16:36:23] <tohojo> Proposition TLV 128?
[16:36:42] Robert Chodorek joins the room
[16:38:05] <Denis Ovsienko> mic: (I have a comment)
[16:39:02] <Gabriel Kerneis> mic: (I have a comment too)
[16:39:54] <Gabriel Kerneis> mic: the github implementation is a file dump instead of a fork + additional commits. that makes it hard to review what is changed.
[16:40:19] <Meetecho> Note to chairs: Denis Ovsienko in virtual queue
[16:41:55] <mcr> hi.
[16:41:55] <mcr> Gabriel, who is that comment to?  the authors of this BIER document?  I suggest you unicast the authors.
[16:42:10] <Gabriel Kerneis> ack
[16:42:17] <mcr> Denis has same comment, apparently.
[16:43:10] <mcr> we are done!
[16:43:18] akatlas joins the room
[16:43:22] <Dave Taht> th! bye! I'm missing the cookies.
[16:43:34] <Denis Ovsienko> sorry, I didn't see the chat log whilst on the queue screen
[16:43:39] Matthieu Boutier leaves the room
[16:43:39] Casper Meijn leaves the room
[16:43:39] Ondřej Zajíček leaves the room
[16:43:39] dorothee ecoutin leaves the room
[16:43:39] Andrew Hadenfeldt leaves the room
[16:43:39] Denis Ovsienko leaves the room
[16:43:39] Robert Chodorek leaves the room
[16:43:39] Dave Taht leaves the room
[16:43:39] Antonin Décimo leaves the room
[16:43:39] Gabriel Kerneis leaves the room
[16:43:39] Gwendoline Chouasne-Guillon leaves the room
[16:43:49] tohojo leaves the room: Machine going to sleep
[16:43:58] akatlas leaves the room
[16:44:35] Meetecho leaves the room
[16:45:07] akatlas leaves the room
[16:48:51] TedLemon leaves the room: Connection failed: connection closed
[16:59:52] mcr leaves the room
[16:59:52] mcr joins the room
[17:05:53] jch leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
[17:14:41] tohojo joins the room
[17:27:51] tohojo leaves the room: unknown reason
[18:03:16] mcr leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
[18:07:13] TedLemon joins the room
[18:11:14] mcr joins the room
[18:33:43] mcr leaves the room
[19:11:36] TedLemon leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd - robust, scalable and extensible XMPP server Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!