IETF
appsawg@jabber.ietf.org
Monday, 14 November 2011< ^ >
cm-msk has set the subject to: APPS Area Working Group
Room Configuration

GMT+0
[00:27:39] stpeter joins the room
[00:27:45] stpeter leaves the room
[00:30:08] stpeter joins the room
[00:30:26] stpeter has set the subject to: AppsArea Working Group | IETF 82
[00:35:02] stpeter has set the subject to: AppsArea Working Group | IETF 82 | Agenda: http://tools.ietf.org/wg/appsawg/agenda?item=agenda82.html | Materials: https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/82/materials.html#wg-appsawg | Audio: http://ietf82streaming.dnsalias.net/ietf/ietf825.m3u
[00:38:33] yone joins the room
[00:48:37] =JefffH joins the room
[00:49:20] redaka joins the room
[00:50:15] linuxwolf joins the room
[00:52:17] =JefffH leaves the room
[00:52:27] mnotting joins the room
[00:52:33] =JefffH joins the room
[00:52:44] pbryan joins the room
[00:54:46] pbryan leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[00:54:50] =JefffH leaves the room
[00:57:32] <mnotting> Could someone in the room please do a microphone check?
[00:58:24] nemo joins the room
[01:00:06] <mnotting> hello, alexey
[01:00:09] Andrew Sullivan joins the room
[01:00:51] naptee joins the room
[01:01:26] <mnotting> yes, and I can hear you, barry
[01:01:27] <mnotting> yes, I am
[01:02:13] Marcos joins the room
[01:04:16] Dave Thaler joins the room
[01:04:39] resnick joins the room
[01:04:45] =JeffH joins the room
[01:05:04] resnick leaves the room
[01:05:12] Heather Flanagan joins the room
[01:05:17] resnick joins the room
[01:05:19] Ted joins the room
[01:05:58] <=JeffH> so there's 3 possible jabber rooms for this session? -- apparea, appsarea, appsawg
[01:06:03] <mnotting> :)
[01:06:24] <=JeffH> no one in appsarea
[01:06:47] <=JeffH> ok, resnick announcing to folks is apparea
[01:06:50] sal joins the room
[01:06:58] <=JeffH> [ im in dane.... ]
[01:07:10] <Andrew Sullivan> But they said in the room to use appsawg
[01:07:26] bkihara.l joins the room
[01:07:28] <resnick> Yes, that's what I said in apparea.
[01:07:32] sm joins the room
[01:07:57] yoiwa joins the room
[01:08:09] <Andrew Sullivan> Ah, so s/is/in from Jeff's message
[01:08:12] <Andrew Sullivan> never mind
[01:08:14] cabo joins the room
[01:09:02] <sm> Pete at the mic
[01:09:04] ray_atarashi joins the room
[01:09:58] Jacky Yao11 (Health Yao) joins the room
[01:10:26] <=JeffH> Andrew Sullivan: yes, sorry
[01:10:56] <mnotting> If there is a registry, it should be VERY light weight
[01:10:58] Bran, Cary joins the room
[01:11:04] <mnotting> (that is not speaking in favour of a registry, necessarily)
[01:11:39] <=JeffH> do you folks have a jabber scribe ?
[01:11:56] mnotting doesn't think so
[01:12:02] <sm> JeffH, are you in the room?
[01:12:14] <Andrew Sullivan> No, he's in DANE, he said
[01:12:49] <sm> OK, I am the jabber scribe
[01:13:01] <sm> if you have any questions for the mic, let me know
[01:13:05] <Jacky Yao11 (Health Yao)> thanks SM
[01:13:07] =JeffH yes in dane
[01:13:08] <mnotting> thx!
[01:13:26] <sm> Larry at the mic
[01:13:31] mnotting notes that we're already 13 minutes in, and not halfway through the first five minutes of the agenda. Viva la APPS Area!
[01:13:39] =JeffH how can u be in two places at once when ur really no where at all? -- said wise men once up a time......
[01:13:51] Rob Murray joins the room
[01:14:14] <=JeffH> sm: not sure what u folks r discussing, hence my question wrt scribe
[01:14:37] <sm> The discussion was/is about the about scheme
[01:14:50] <sm> Now moving to http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pbryan-json-patch-02
[01:15:02] <sm> Paul Bryan via Skype
[01:15:28] <sm> Intoduction slide
[01:16:00] <=JeffH> k thx
[01:17:56] <sm> Document structure slide
[01:19:20] <sm> Simple example slide
[01:20:01] <sm> Internet media type slide
[01:20:13] =JeffH leaves the room
[01:21:00] <sm> Proposal slide
[01:21:39] <mnotting> For the microphone: My feedback is that I keep on running across Open Source and other projects that want this (a LOT), and that it should be accepted and progressed with reasonable speed.
[01:22:29] <sm> chanelling
[01:22:31] =JeffH joins the room
[01:22:35] mnotting thx sm
[01:22:47] yohba727 joins the room
[01:23:15] <mnotting> tell him to read the PATCH RFC
[01:23:30] yohba727 leaves the room
[01:23:33] <mnotting> ... which is addressed by the PATCH RFC
[01:23:58] yohba727 joins the room
[01:24:35] <stpeter> Rich Alimi at the mike
[01:24:42] <mnotting> you can also gzip the patch
[01:24:44] <stpeter> s/mike/mic/
[01:24:54] yohba727 leaves the room
[01:25:27] <mnotting> WHAT? larry, it's FINE for interop
[01:25:34] <sm> for the mic?
[01:25:38] <mnotting> yes, please
[01:25:40] yohba727 joins the room
[01:25:55] <mnotting> this spec is very clear, this is not XML
[01:26:00] <Ted> @mnotting aren't you on skype?
[01:26:12] <mnotting> I am, but I"m muted, and I can't judge when to speak
[01:26:44] Francisco Arias joins the room
[01:26:44] <Ted> I see. Your status codes draft is already on screen, so I assumed you were available.
[01:26:49] <mnotting> :)
[01:26:54] <mnotting> I'm in texas
[01:26:54] tonyhansen joins the room
[01:26:58] mnotting notes that the agenda needs to be corrected, as my name is not "Nottinghan"
[01:27:04] <stpeter> yeah I noticed that
[01:27:08] vincent.levigneron joins the room
[01:27:12] <sm> do you want me to say that? :-)
[01:27:16] <mnotting> heh
[01:27:56] <sm> Mark via Skype
[01:27:58] <sm> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-http-new-status-03
[01:28:01] <tonyhansen> channel:
personal preference for using +json
[01:28:04] <sm> Background slide
[01:28:10] <tonyhansen> Ned *is* trying to get this codified
[01:28:45] <sm> tony, for the mic? current discussion is on HTTP code
[01:28:53] <tonyhansen> it's moved on
[01:28:55] <tonyhansen> time lag
[01:28:57] <sm> 428 Precondition required slide
[01:29:24] <sm> if you folks wants me to ask the chairs to slow down,let me know
[01:29:36] <tonyhansen> was still on json patch when I typed the channel request in
[01:29:39] <sm> 429 Too many requests slide
[01:30:41] <sm> 431 requests headers too large slide
[01:30:43] dcrocker joins the room
[01:31:04] Barry Leiba joins the room
[01:31:13] <tonyhansen> wondering what the time lag is
[01:31:26] <Barry Leiba> slide 6
[01:31:27] <sm> Maybe around 30 seconds or more
[01:31:38] <sm> 511 Network Auth required slide
[01:31:45] <resnick> When he switches to slide 7, I'll type "now". Time it.
[01:32:10] <Ted> golly, I hate those things. I am happy he said we don't want to encourage it.
[01:32:10] <Marcos> @tony: are you travelling at near-light speed?
[01:32:20] <dcrocker> audio is hitting the listener 30 second after it goes into the room microphone???
[01:32:36] <sm> Pete will be timing that
[01:32:38] <Ted> How about we call it "Man in the middle auth requested"? Just to express our dislike?
[01:32:56] <Ted> (NB: Not a serious comment, but I missed the smiley)
[01:33:19] <resnick> Now.
[01:33:31] <sm> Moving forward slide
[01:34:09] <tonyhansen> 27 seconds from Pete's "now" to when I heard him say "so, slide 7"
[01:34:36] <dcrocker> are there any informed theories about the cause of the delay?
[01:37:07] yoiwa leaves the room
[01:37:34] <Jacky Yao11 (Health Yao)> ip package delay?
[01:38:05] <tonyhansen> 20k kilometers
[01:38:12] <sm> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gregorio-uritemplate-07
[01:38:25] <sm> Mark again via Skype
[01:38:40] yoiwa joins the room
[01:38:43] <resnick> Worth floating a question to Joel or other ops folks. I suspect it's codec related. 27 seconds is....not good.
[01:38:48] <sm> Slide #3 (Why)
[01:39:10] <sm> Joel commented on the delay some time back
[01:39:41] <tonyhansen> this is my first opportunity to observe the delay first hand
[01:39:52] <resnick> It's ain't IP because Jabber was 27 seconds ahead of the audio.
[01:39:58] <tonyhansen> I'm wondering what the jabber delay is
[01:40:05] <sm> Slide #4
[01:40:15] <sm> Tony, less than as econd
[01:40:18] <dcrocker> that's a more difficult test.
[01:40:23] <sm> Slide #5
[01:40:42] <sm> Level and Expression Types slide
[01:41:02] <tonyhansen> sm, type in "now". When you see me say "now", hit send
[01:41:05] <Barry Leiba> Tony: I'm going to type an X. Type a Y as quickly as you can when you see it.
[01:41:11] <Barry Leiba> X
[01:41:12] <tonyhansen> Y
[01:41:16] <resnick> Get an NTP-synced clock in front of you. I'll do the same and send the time.
[01:41:17] <Barry Leiba> Instant.
[01:41:19] <sm> BTW, if anyone has a comment for the MIC, ask
[01:41:57] <sm> Slide #7
[01:42:09] Klensin joins the room
[01:42:19] resnick leaves the room
[01:42:19] yohba727 leaves the room
[01:42:34] resnick joins the room
[01:42:34] Linyi Tian joins the room
[01:42:48] yohba727 joins the room
[01:43:14] <resnick> If you want to do the jabber timing test, get an NTP-synced clock in front of you, I'll do the same and send the time.
[01:43:21] <Linyi Tian> i think it would be hard to standardize this
[01:43:23] <sm> Ted at the mic
[01:43:36] yohba727 leaves the room
[01:43:39] <resnick> "Ted Hardie Speaking". What a strange family name.
[01:43:55] yohba727 joins the room
[01:44:18] Suz joins the room
[01:44:31] <tonyhansen> just publish it
[01:44:42] yohba727 leaves the room
[01:44:50] <sm> Murray at the mic
[01:45:10] <Ted> @resnick it's Hardie-Speaking, please.
[01:45:25] yohba727 joins the room
[01:45:35] <Linyi Tian> Ted mentioned it is nearly to be ready several times. Does it mean it was ready in ietf or somewhere else?
[01:45:46] <mnotting> in ietf
[01:45:49] <sm> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kucherawy-greylisting-bcp-01
[01:45:56] <sm> Murray at the mic
[01:46:02] <Ted> The URI mailing list, which is both IETF and w3c.
[01:46:09] <sm> What's Greylisting slide
[01:46:09] <Ted> But not an active working wg.
[01:46:54] <sm> pros slide
[01:47:19] <sm> cons slide
[01:47:38] john.levine joins the room
[01:48:19] <sm> Why do we care slide
[01:48:43] <sm> What about the other thing slide
[01:49:16] <sm> So now what slide
[01:49:33] <sm> Dave at the mic
[01:50:30] <sm> John Levine at the mic
[01:51:41] <tonyhansen> re what Dave said, worth documenting "how not to do graylisting"
[01:51:56] mnotting leaves the room
[01:52:46] <sm> Dave at the mic
[01:53:00] <sm> tony fot the mic?
[01:53:10] <tonyhansen> sure
[01:54:30] <sm> Apps Area open meeting
[01:54:43] lef_jp joins the room
[01:55:10] <sm> pete (AD) at the mic
[01:55:27] <sm> Dave talking about the REPUTE WG
[01:57:26] <stpeter> Jim Schaad at the mic
[01:57:30] <sm> Jim talking about JOSE
[01:59:05] <sm> Gabor Bajko talking about PAWS
[01:59:18] <Linyi Tian> can peter type the work group name of w3c here?
[01:59:38] <Linyi Tian> or the work item name which is related to JOSE. Thanks
[01:59:44] <stpeter> Linyi Tian: the W3C work has not started yet
[02:00:08] <Linyi Tian> so they are considering to have a new work item, right? soon?
[02:00:25] <sm> Kathleen Moriarty talking about MILE WG
[02:00:30] <stpeter> Linyi Tian: yes
[02:00:53] <Linyi Tian> thanks
[02:01:06] <stpeter> Linyi Tian: I will post to the apps-discuss list when our W3C friends create the right discussion list for the crypto API work
[02:01:20] <Linyi Tian> cool
[02:01:21] <linuxwolf> stpeter: grazie
[02:02:29] pbryan joins the room
[02:03:06] <sm> Andrew Sullivan talking about WEIRDS BoF
[02:03:21] Randall Gellens joins the room
[02:03:44] <resnick> whois++-+--+++-++
[02:05:07] <Andrew Sullivan> @Pete: I think your plusses and minuses are imbalanced there
[02:05:21] <sm> Editorial nit :-)
[02:05:49] <resnick> You mean you intend it to be more minus than plus?
[02:06:42] Kepeng joins the room
[02:06:56] <linuxwolf> maybe it'll be a net zero change (-:
[02:07:16] <sm> Andrew at the mic talking about variants
[02:07:28] <sm> What is a variant slide
[02:08:11] <sm> What is this project for slide
[02:08:19] <sm> IDN variant issues project
[02:08:40] <Marcos> the concept of variants was introduced in 3743
[02:09:07] <sm> How does the project work slide
[02:09:18] <Suz> FWIW, I'm sure comments will stay open a little longer :)
[02:09:41] yohba727 leaves the room
[02:10:05] ray_atarashi leaves the room
[02:10:06] ray_atarashi joins the room
[02:10:50] <sm> Dave at the mic
[02:11:00] kazubu joins the room
[02:11:13] <sm> Andrew replying to Dave's comment
[02:12:02] <sm> Does anyone remote have any comments?
[02:12:05] yoiwa leaves the room
[02:12:40] <sm> Dave at the mic
[02:12:49] Heather Flanagan leaves the room
[02:13:05] Jacky Yao11 (Health Yao) leaves the room
[02:13:11] <sm> Andrew responding to Dave's comment
[02:13:19] <stpeter> BTW the public comment page is at http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/
[02:13:25] yoiwa joins the room
[02:14:09] <sm> Larry at the mic
[02:16:06] <sm> Andrew responding to Larry
[02:17:06] <sm> Jon Levine at the mic
[02:17:35] Dave Thaler leaves the room
[02:17:46] <Suz> John: yes, that's what we're up against.
[02:18:29] sm leaves the room
[02:18:36] cm-msk joins the room
[02:18:53] =JeffH leaves the room
[02:19:10] sm joins the room
[02:19:18] <sm> Larry at the mic
[02:19:29] =JeffH joins the room
[02:19:33] Pen joins the room
[02:19:47] tandonghui joins the room
[02:20:13] Pen leaves the room
[02:20:19] <Marcos> I think it is a Bad Idea to mix this variant stuff with the serious work going on in iri-comparison
[02:20:23] <cm-msk> barry, please check your messages
[02:20:33] <sm> Larry and Andrew discussing at the mic
[02:20:48] <sm> Marcos, is that for the mic?
[02:21:04] <Marcos> no, it's just for interested readers
[02:21:16] Mikael joins the room
[02:21:22] <sm> John Klensin at the mic
[02:22:29] <stpeter> Marcos: I tend to agree that we want to keep the iri-comparison spec more tightly scoped
[02:22:37] Jacky Yao11 (Health Yao) joins the room
[02:23:14] Ted leaves the room
[02:23:21] <Suz> @Marcos: agreed o nthe substance, but this is serious work too, at least if one of the allowable definitions of "serious" includes "lots of money"....or "stuff people have occasionally have large, dangerous fights over." Badly scoped, yes. Non-serious, no.
[02:23:55] naptee leaves the room
[02:24:21] <sm> Andrew talking about the ICANN public report and requesting comments
[02:24:42] <stpeter> https://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/vip is the mailing list
[02:24:46] <Barry Leiba> Murray: what messages did you want me to check?
[02:26:11] resnick leaves the room
[02:26:25] <sm> John Klensin at the mic commenting about ICANN interaction
[02:27:08] resnick joins the room
[02:27:18] <sm> Next item SPFbis
[02:27:52] <sm> What's all this, then slide
[02:29:08] Mikael leaves the room
[02:29:15] <sm> So what do we want to do slide
[02:29:22] Suz leaves the room
[02:29:54] <sm> And you want APPSAWG to do this slide
[02:30:23] Pen joins the room
[02:30:34] naptee joins the room
[02:30:37] <sm> Ted hardie at the mic
[02:31:04] <Linyi Tian> i believe a BOF would be a good start
[02:31:10] rlbob joins the room
[02:31:45] <sm> Pete (AD) commenting
[02:33:04] <sm> Dave at the mic
[02:34:27] <Linyi Tian> if we only do small things, does it still make sense to have a BOF or new WG?
[02:34:41] <sm> Is that for the mic?
[02:34:56] <sm> John Levine at the mic
[02:35:01] tandonghui leaves the room: Computer went to sleep
[02:36:53] <sm> Enrico Marocco presenting ALTO work
[02:37:44] <sm> Goal slide
[02:38:42] tandonghui joins the room
[02:39:27] <sm> Current Status slide
[02:40:41] ykjung83 joins the room
[02:42:35] <sm> Relationships with other works slide
[02:44:04] <sm> Again (last) slide
[02:45:48] <sm> Pete (aD) question for the room
[02:46:42] <sm> Ted hardie at the mic
[02:50:31] Francisco Arias leaves the room
[02:50:33] <sm> Dave Thaler presenting Issues in Identifier Comparison for Security Purposes
[02:51:47] Ted joins the room
[02:51:51] <sm> Issues in identifier comparison for security purposes slide
[02:52:07] dcrocker leaves the room
[02:52:47] <Linyi Tian> a general question to ietf: how the agenda is formed? would it be good to put a short description of the intention for each item in agenda?
[02:53:13] <sm> Linyi, Barry may be able to help you
[02:53:18] <Linyi Tian> this would be very useful for new attendees.
[02:53:23] <cabo> Linyi: I try to do this for CoRE.
[02:53:28] <Barry Leiba> The hope is that we'll have slides early, which lets people look at them and see what it's about.
[02:53:29] <sm> Example of a simple security exchange slide
[02:53:38] <cabo> Maybe other chairs could do that, too...
[02:53:39] <Linyi Tian> that's good.
[02:53:49] <Barry Leiba> In this case, we had most slides uploaded on Saturday, but three didn't get to me until this morning.
[02:54:01] <Barry Leiba> Other times, I'm more forceful about having the slides in early.
[02:54:29] <Linyi Tian> even sometimes when the slides are there, it is still not clear to the participants about the intention (information sharing, status reporting, socialization for future work, etc.)
[02:54:49] <Linyi Tian> i see.
[02:54:58] <Barry Leiba> OK. I'll take that input for next time's agenda. Thanks.
[02:55:07] <sm> last time I asked about that, Linyi, people were unhappy ...
[02:55:09] <Linyi Tian> maybe we can ask the author to give the short description before the slides.
[02:55:30] <Linyi Tian> thanks, barry:)
[02:55:31] <Barry Leiba> I can certainly put something on the agenda about that.
[02:57:21] <sm> Types of identifiers slide
[02:57:26] ykjung83 leaves the room
[02:58:22] <Linyi Tian> What is the relationship between this IAB doc with APPSWG?
[02:58:37] <sm> He is asking for feedback
[02:58:37] <Linyi Tian> Does it mean we should do match algorithm work in APPSWG?
[02:58:48] <sm> He is explaining what the I-D is about
[02:59:06] <sm> BTW this is the Apps Area open meeting, not the APPSWG
[02:59:29] <sm> It's probably worse than you think slide
[03:00:38] <Linyi Tian> asking for feedback is too general description for the intention.
[03:01:14] <Linyi Tian> That's why i was confused for the discussion here. Does he want to trigger some discussion about the possible work in App Area in the future? Is that the intention?
[03:01:35] <sm> No, this will be a document published in the IAB stream
[03:01:50] <sm> It won't be Apps Area work but it affects the apps area
[03:02:02] <sm> Effects of False Positives/Negatives slide
[03:02:45] <sm> Linyi, you could post a comments to apps-discuss for the long answer about what you asked
[03:03:16] <sm> Or else I can ask your question at the mic
[03:03:31] <Linyi Tian> yup. i may need to dig more about the background before i post something there:)
[03:03:32] <sm> Do you want me to do that?
[03:03:45] <sm> well, it does not hurt to ask a question:)
[03:03:56] <sm> Strawman recommendation
[03:04:00] <Linyi Tian> i would appreciate if you can post more reasonable questions there. then i can catch up:)
[03:04:20] <sm> well, I will ask your question and we can see what comes out of it:)
[03:04:36] <Linyi Tian> that's cool.
[03:05:05] <Barry Leiba> SM: Linyi is in the room; he can ask, if he wants.
[03:05:21] <sm> Oh
[03:05:31] <sm> I thought that he was remote
[03:06:00] <sm> Larry masinter at the mic
[03:06:11] <Linyi Tian> just hard to move to the mic
[03:06:32] <resnick> AJS: Sinn und Bedeutung. It's still a problem.
[03:07:07] <Andrew Sullivan> well, yes
[03:07:29] <Andrew Sullivan> but it's still nice that it's not as bad as I made his slides out to mean
[03:07:42] <Andrew Sullivan> (Lo! IPv4ing?)
[03:07:59] <resnick> ha!
[03:08:25] <sm> Strawman Recommendations 2/2 slide
[03:08:26] <Ted> The recent discussion of EDNS0 processing seem to imply that this is problematic, even for wire-format DNS.
[03:09:21] <Andrew Sullivan> There is almost nothing any more surprising when we learn that two people on dnsext disagree about how the DNS works. Heck, I'm not even sure you'll get the same answer from me if you ask me twice in a row.
[03:09:41] <Andrew Sullivan> (perhaps that means I'm a split-brain responder.)
[03:09:48] <sm> Well, that is IETF practice
[03:11:08] <Ted> I strongly suspect that any magisterial statements like "this is the only one that shall ever be used" simply gets ignored during deployment.
[03:11:41] ykjung83 joins the room
[03:12:11] Bran, Cary leaves the room
[03:12:58] <sm> Dave at the mic
[03:15:39] <sm> Linyi Tian at the mic
[03:15:47] <Andrew Sullivan> @Ted: actually, I think it doesn't get ignored. First, it gets ignored, then it gets discussed on an IETF list with the propositional content, "You're not the boss of me."
[03:16:21] <Andrew Sullivan> (or not only get ignored, anyway)
[03:16:50] <Ted> Well, I guess I agree you get heat from the statement, but I still worry about any chance of light.
[03:17:56] <Andrew Sullivan> No light, darkness. Once you get to the YNTBOM discussion, then it gets raised to a matter of principle, and so "this is the only one that shall ever be used" not only gets ignored. It becomes something that is not allowed to happen.
[03:18:15] Ted leaves the room
[03:18:20] <Linyi Tian> that's why i think put a short description of intention in the agenda would be very helpful.
[03:18:41] <sm> Andrew Chi at the mic
[03:18:53] <Linyi Tian> to sm/Barry: thanks for encouraging me to ask the question:)
[03:19:10] <Barry Leiba> :-)
[03:19:23] <cm-msk> "on your feet!"
[03:20:23] <sm> Basic Device Classification presented by Bruce Nordman
[03:20:33] <sm> second slide (problem)
[03:20:47] =JeffH leaves the room
[03:20:57] ykjung83 leaves the room
[03:21:31] <sm> Why I care slide
[03:22:00] <Linyi Tian> this is a very interesting topic
[03:22:10] <sm> Proposal slide
[03:22:38] <Andrew Sullivan> This is fascinating, but it sounds like the top of the slippery slope of the Universal Taxonomy
[03:22:42] <sm> Proposal is NOT about slide
[03:22:54] <sm> Andrew, for devices only
[03:22:54] <linuxwolf> /nod
[03:23:28] <Andrew Sullivan> @sm yes, where "device" means "thing attached to the network", if I understood the earlier slide.
[03:23:40] <sm> Location example excerpy slide
[03:23:46] <sm> "My questions" slide
[03:23:46] <Andrew Sullivan> I'm not saying "dumb", I'm saying "yikes"
[03:24:21] <sm> Andrew, anything that can get an IP address, think light bulb and smart devices
[03:24:35] <sm> Pete (individual) at the mic
[03:24:37] Suz joins the room
[03:24:42] <Andrew Sullivan> Maybe I'm just jaded from talking to people who think they know where the bounds of their language is
[03:25:11] <sm> Andrew, well, you have been there before. You know the story:)
[03:25:27] <cm-msk> i'd guess that's it
[03:25:42] <Andrew Sullivan> Actually, I think Pete is nailing part of what's making me anxious
[03:26:32] <sm> Dan Rosan at the mic
[03:27:09] <Linyi Tian> Pete has the same opinion as i have
[03:27:33] <sm> Dave at the mic
[03:28:05] <Linyi Tian> Reporting device capability would be more useful.
[03:28:33] Rob Murray leaves the room
[03:28:34] <sm> Zach Shelby at the mic
[03:29:20] resnick shouts "METAPHYSICS! METAPHYSICS!"
[03:29:27] <Linyi Tian> Web Linking
[03:29:31] <sm> Larry at the mic
[03:29:41] <Suz> this is what happens when you let the philosophers in.
[03:29:44] <resnick> Ontologies!!!
[03:30:11] <resnick> Internet Ontological Task Force.
[03:30:16] <Linyi Tian> i think ontologies are not what they want.
[03:30:29] <linuxwolf> this is reminding me of the "what is that?" discussions we had (and continue to have) in the XSF
[03:30:35] Randall Gellens leaves the room
[03:30:38] <Andrew Sullivan> I know that ontology is not what I want, anyway, but perhaps I was exposed to too much Thomas as a child.
[03:30:38] <Suz> I do not think that word means what they think it means?
[03:30:53] <linuxwolf> (-:
[03:31:16] <sm> Murray at the open mic
[03:31:49] Kepeng leaves the room
[03:31:57] naptee leaves the room
[03:32:04] kazubu leaves the room
[03:32:05] linuxwolf leaves the room
[03:32:08] ray_atarashi leaves the room
[03:32:10] bkihara.l leaves the room
[03:32:11] Andrew Sullivan leaves the room
[03:32:22] yoiwa leaves the room
[03:32:22] Barry Leiba leaves the room
[03:32:26] yone leaves the room
[03:32:35] cm-msk leaves the room
[03:32:35] lef_jp leaves the room
[03:32:35] cabo leaves the room
[03:32:42] sm leaves the room
[03:32:52] tandonghui leaves the room
[03:33:33] Marcos leaves the room
[03:33:35] vincent.levigneron leaves the room
[03:35:00] sal leaves the room
[03:35:05] naptee joins the room
[03:35:29] naptee leaves the room
[03:35:31] Suz leaves the room
[03:37:46] john.levine leaves the room
[03:41:07] resnick leaves the room
[03:42:35] Jacky Yao11 (Health Yao) leaves the room
[03:42:35] redaka leaves the room
[03:42:39] tonyhansen leaves the room
[03:44:54] Pen leaves the room: Computer went to sleep
[03:48:04] sm joins the room
[03:52:36] nemo leaves the room
[03:58:30] Linyi Tian leaves the room
[04:02:55] rlbob leaves the room
[04:16:06] stpeter leaves the room
[04:35:11] yohba727 joins the room
[04:39:39] lef_jp joins the room
[04:40:04] sm leaves the room
[04:41:19] yohba727 leaves the room
[04:43:44] Bran, Cary joins the room
[04:43:52] Bran, Cary leaves the room
[04:45:02] sal joins the room
[04:45:50] sal leaves the room
[04:48:06] Klensin leaves the room
[04:49:39] linuxwolf joins the room
[04:49:57] linuxwolf leaves the room
[04:50:04] sal joins the room
[04:57:17] Pen joins the room
[04:59:11] cabo joins the room
[04:59:11] Jacky Yao11 (Health Yao) joins the room
[04:59:19] Jacky Yao11 (Health Yao) leaves the room
[05:00:06] Pen leaves the room
[05:00:15] cabo leaves the room
[05:03:53] Ted joins the room
[05:04:50] stpeter joins the room
[05:05:07] stpeter leaves the room
[05:06:36] lef_jp leaves the room
[05:08:44] stpeter joins the room
[05:09:03] stpeter leaves the room
[05:14:00] Ted leaves the room
[05:50:27] vincent.levigneron joins the room
[05:51:27] cm-msk joins the room
[06:42:06] Randall Gellens joins the room
[06:47:14] sal leaves the room
[07:08:08] cm-msk leaves the room
[07:13:50] Randall Gellens leaves the room
[07:13:51] cm-msk joins the room
[07:17:08] sm joins the room
[07:23:47] sm leaves the room
[07:24:07] vincent.levigneron leaves the room
[07:47:03] JOUGASHIMA joins the room
[07:48:08] cm-msk leaves the room
[07:48:47] cm-msk joins the room
[07:49:08] cm-msk leaves the room
[08:16:33] vincent.levigneron joins the room
[08:44:15] cm-msk joins the room
[09:32:13] JOUGASHIMA leaves the room
[09:54:13] ykjung83 joins the room
[10:00:03] ykjung83 leaves the room
[11:39:44] cm-msk leaves the room
[11:45:14] vincent.levigneron leaves the room
[13:43:49] naptee joins the room
[13:46:34] naptee leaves the room
[14:03:21] vincent.levigneron joins the room
[16:38:26] pbryan leaves the room
[18:48:26] vincent.levigneron leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!