IETF
ace
ace@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, November 8, 2018< ^ >
francesca has set the subject to: ACE meeting - IETF 102 - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/agenda-102-ace/
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[08:34:35] francesca joins the room
[08:37:31] metricamerica joins the room
[08:40:36] francesca leaves the room
[08:41:57] metricamerica leaves the room
[08:48:01] francesca joins the room
[08:54:09] francesca leaves the room
[08:55:57] metricamerica joins the room
[08:58:53] francesca joins the room
[09:00:17] 1oBMNTFY joins the room
[09:01:20] Meetecho joins the room
[09:02:20] francesca leaves the room
[09:03:55] francesca joins the room
[09:05:09] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[09:05:13] Anthony Kirby joins the room
[09:05:16] Renzo Navas joins the room
[09:05:19] Ludwig Seitz joins the room
[09:07:26] Mary Barnes joins the room
[09:07:42] <Ludwig Seitz> Could the chairs update my slides to the latest version? It seems my mail to that effect on tuesday got lost
[09:09:07] <Ludwig Seitz> Thanks
[09:09:59] jimsch1 joins the room
[09:10:01] jhoyla joins the room
[09:10:32] Mary Barnes leaves the room
[09:11:31] Rikard Hoglund joins the room
[09:12:04] mcr joins the room
[09:12:18] <mcr> Hi, francesca and I are jabber scribes, please say mic:
[09:12:32] jhoyla leaves the room: Stream closed by us: Replaced by new connection (conflict)
[09:12:35] jhoyla joins the room
[09:13:09] Klaus Hartke joins the room
[09:13:11] Olaf Bergmann joins the room
[09:14:23] Shahid Raza joins the room
[09:19:11] Wouter van der Beek joins the room
[09:24:03] Wouter van der Beek leaves the room
[09:24:24] Wouter van der Beek joins the room
[09:27:18] <mcr> "I went to the RATS BOF this week..." <- sounds like part of a stand-up routine :-)
[09:29:10] <jimsch1> In a way RATS;-) was a stand-up routine
[09:39:08] Wouter van der Beek leaves the room
[09:39:08] Wouter van der Beek joins the room
[09:41:06] Stefan Santesson joins the room
[09:43:03] <Olaf Bergmann> +1 for option 2
[09:43:40] <francesca> ack will report
[09:44:10] <Olaf Bergmann> thx
[09:44:15] kaduk@jabber.org/barnowl joins the room
[09:44:56] <mcr> I guess the uploaded slides are not the most current.
[09:45:09] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[09:45:35] <jimsch1> Talking to Hannes, he says that in OAuth it is currently always replace not amend.
[09:48:12] Shahid Raza leaves the room
[09:55:23] <Ludwig Seitz> +1 for adding an alg
[09:55:35] jhoyla leaves the room
[09:55:36] <francesca> Ludwig mic?
[09:55:42] <Ludwig Seitz> not necessary
[09:55:45] <francesca> ok :)
[09:56:03] <Olaf Bergmann> which would lead to the issue discussed later.... (WGLC Comments 4)
[09:56:10] <francesca> Olaf mic?
[09:56:14] <Olaf Bergmann> no
[09:56:20] <francesca> Ok ok
[09:56:26] <Olaf Bergmann> (for now)
[09:56:37] <francesca> ack :)
[09:58:21] <Ludwig Seitz> mic: it also has the advantage that an attacker lhat learns the content of the cnf claim cannot derive the key
[09:58:33] <francesca> ack
[10:04:33] <Olaf Bergmann> yes, December 2018
[10:05:06] <Ludwig Seitz> Do we have an alternate jabber scribe?
[10:05:28] <jimsch1> yes mike is doing it
[10:05:51] <jimsch1> s/mike/mcr
[10:08:10] <mcr> hi!
[10:08:11] <jimsch1> Ludwig:  The fact that we have renamed all of these items in the cnf structure mean that the need for the profile claim is probably going to be much less.  If it can be deduced from these fields then it is not needed.
[10:10:34] <Ludwig Seitz> s/RS Information/Access Information/
[10:10:38] francesca leaves the room
[10:13:56] <mcr> questions from remote?
[10:15:46] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[10:16:18] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[10:17:21] <Ludwig Seitz> mic: for Proposal 3 we could use content format ace+cbor while using ace+cwt when we send a token directly. Would need to define the ace+cwt content format
[10:18:18] <Olaf Bergmann> more like application/cwt, no?
[10:19:11] <jimsch1> I think so - I don't know why the extra ace would be needed since we send nothing today
[10:19:50] <Olaf Bergmann> ...and indicating that there is an ace-specific sort of CWT would be not wise
[10:21:31] <Ludwig Seitz> obviously carsten is right. We can just use the existing content type for CWT
[10:24:28] <kaduk@jabber.org/barnowl> Carsten looks appropriately tired for the end of the IETF week.
[10:26:02] francesca joins the room
[10:27:53] <francesca> I'm back jabbering!
[10:28:55] <mcr> I've been deposed.
[10:29:14] Olaf Bergmann leaves the room
[10:29:25] <francesca> you were fired mcr
[10:30:09] <Ludwig Seitz> Thumbs up for Mike for being the fastest
[10:30:58] Ludwig Seitz leaves the room
[10:31:04] Ludwig Seitz joins the room
[10:46:06] <Ludwig Seitz> hummmmm
[10:46:14] <Wouter van der Beek> Hi, yes i would like that this work is being adopted.
[10:46:18] <Ludwig Seitz> (for worthwhile)
[10:46:24] <Rikard Hoglund> I believe it is worthwhile
[10:46:39] <Ludwig Seitz> hand up
[10:46:45] <Wouter van der Beek> i will
[10:47:04] <Ludwig Seitz> probable
[10:47:14] <Ludwig Seitz> (implement)
[10:48:17] hhomma joins the room
[10:48:48] <Ludwig Seitz> hummm
[10:48:51] <Ludwig Seitz> (for)
[10:49:56] metricamerica leaves the room
[10:49:58] <Ludwig Seitz> hand
[10:50:16] <francesca> for review ludwig?
[10:50:25] <Ludwig Seitz> hand was for review
[10:51:02] <Rikard Hoglund> hummmmm for
[10:51:06] <Ludwig Seitz> hummm for
[10:51:11] <Wouter van der Beek> yes for doing
[10:51:26] <Ludwig Seitz> hand
[10:51:30] <Rikard Hoglund> raise hand
[10:51:30] <Ludwig Seitz> (for review)
[10:54:19] <Anthony Kirby> yup, am here
[10:54:50] <francesca> Anthony you want to say something about it?
[10:55:20] Sandra Murphy joins the room
[10:55:36] <Anthony Kirby> we're keen to participate, subject to interest from the group
[10:55:54] <francesca> should I relay?
[10:55:59] <Anthony Kirby> yes please
[10:56:23] <francesca> ok, I will after this line
[10:56:27] <Anthony Kirby> thanks
[10:56:42] <jimsch1> Anthony: Do you think you are in a state where adoption by the WG is worth while?  That was not the impression that I got in Montreal or London (I forget which)
[10:56:53] hhomma leaves the room
[10:57:19] <Wouter van der Beek> the idea is that organisations like OCF will be using(referencing) groupcomm and oscoap joining.
[10:57:38] <francesca> I will relay as well
[10:58:17] <Anthony Kirby> re MQTT profile - I believe that MQTT is a valuable profile, and keen to support
[10:58:31] <Wouter van der Beek> to be able to use it from OCF perspective, it needs to be an RFC not a draft, not work in progress.
[10:59:25] <mcr> would be nice if OCF would come help that to happen then....
[10:59:41] <Wouter van der Beek> i am here..
[11:00:46] <Wouter van der Beek> FYI i am the technical steering committee chair of OCF.
[11:02:02] <francesca> (Anthony I will relay as soon as this products/deployement/implementation discussion ends)
[11:03:07] <Wouter van der Beek> that is why OCF is talking regularly to T2T..
[11:04:07] <Anthony Kirby> summary about MQTT profile status: we've been keeping draft up to date, currently waiting for group to be ready to consider it
[11:04:44] <francesca> ack Anthony
[11:04:51] <Ludwig Seitz> Would be even better if ARM also participated in the Interops for ACE ...
[11:05:02] <francesca> mic?
[11:05:07] <Ludwig Seitz> no just a rant
[11:05:37] <Anthony Kirby> @francesca thank you
[11:05:41] <jimsch1> Anthony:  Are you or a rep going to be in Prague?
[11:05:46] <francesca> rants can be (and soon are) mic:ed :)
[11:05:58] <francesca> Anthony np :)
[11:06:15] <Anthony Kirby> @jimsch1 could attend Prague
[11:06:30] <jimsch1> I think we could repeat this then if you think you are ready.
[11:09:39] <francesca> Thanks for a good meeting! :)
[11:09:39] <Ludwig Seitz> Thank you
[11:09:47] <Anthony Kirby> thank you!
[11:09:48] <Rikard Hoglund> thanks
[11:09:53] Ludwig Seitz leaves the room
[11:09:54] francesca leaves the room
[11:09:56] francesca joins the room
[11:09:59] Sandra Murphy leaves the room
[11:09:59] Rikard Hoglund leaves the room
[11:09:59] Klaus Hartke leaves the room
[11:09:59] Wouter van der Beek leaves the room
[11:09:59] Anthony Kirby leaves the room
[11:09:59] Renzo Navas leaves the room
[11:09:59] Stefan Santesson leaves the room
[11:10:02] francesca leaves the room
[11:12:16] Meetecho leaves the room
[11:23:28] kaduk@jabber.org/barnowl leaves the room
[11:26:58] jimsch1 leaves the room
[11:34:08] mcr leaves the room: Disconnected: No route to host
[11:48:24] mcr joins the room
[12:56:10] metricamerica joins the room
[12:56:54] metricamerica leaves the room
[17:10:25] mcr leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[17:10:28] mcr joins the room
[19:34:03] mcr leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
Powered by ejabberd - robust, scalable and extensible XMPP server Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!