IETF
6tisch
6tisch@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, March 6, 2014< ^ >
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[12:59:42] Ted Lemon joins the room
[13:03:41] guillaume.gaillard joins the room
[13:03:54] <guillaume.gaillard> hello
[13:04:05] <guillaume.gaillard> Agenda is being presented
[13:04:40] Michael Richardson joins the room
[13:04:45] Dan York joins the room
[13:04:45] <Michael Richardson> anyone remote?
[13:04:49] <guillaume.gaillard> any changes on agenda ?
[13:05:06] renzoe joins the room
[13:05:31] <guillaume.gaillard> charter recap
[13:05:43] <guillaume.gaillard> pascal thubert speaking
[13:07:06] <guillaume.gaillard> work item 2 on information model
[13:07:26] <guillaume.gaillard> work item 3 minimal 6tisch configuration
[13:07:40] <guillaume.gaillard> Milestones slide 12
[13:08:12] Thomas Watteyne joins the room
[13:08:20] <guillaume.gaillard> next steps : adoption of 6top drafts and data model for coap draft
[13:09:04] <guillaume.gaillard> draft terminology
[13:09:14] <guillaume.gaillard> slide 14
[13:09:15] <Thomas Watteyne> FYI, slides are uploaded
[13:10:35] <guillaume.gaillard> definition of a chunk, slide 17
[13:11:04] <guillaume.gaillard> def of a CDU Matrix (18)
[13:11:51] <guillaume.gaillard> draft architecture (20)
[13:12:07] Thomas Watteyne leaves the room
[13:12:14] Thomas Watteyne joins the room
[13:12:43] Ines Robles joins the room
[13:12:53] <guillaume.gaillard> text on 6top vs RPL added since 88
[13:13:14] Thomas Watteyne leaves the room
[13:13:18] <guillaume.gaillard> slide chunks 22
[13:13:18] Thomas Watteyne joins the room
[13:14:19] <guillaume.gaillard> RPL parents only will appropraite chunks
[13:14:53] <guillaume.gaillard> related work at IETF (24)
[13:15:17] <guillaume.gaillard> 6MAN, 6lo
[13:17:22] <guillaume.gaillard> pending draft 6lo fragment discovery
[13:17:45] <guillaume.gaillard> and work pending at transport area
[13:17:54] <guillaume.gaillard> Deterministic DSCP
[13:18:37] <guillaume.gaillard> related IEEE Work
[13:18:45] <guillaume.gaillard> Pat Kenney speaking
[13:19:02] <guillaume.gaillard> vice chair 802.15
[13:19:46] <guillaume.gaillard> 6Tisch Interest Group at IEEE
[13:20:31] <guillaume.gaillard> Related work ISA 100WG1
[13:20:43] <guillaume.gaillard> roadmap study group
[13:21:16] <guillaume.gaillard> formed feb 2014, report October
[13:22:05] <guillaume.gaillard> candidate techno of the study : IETF, IEEE, LWM2M
[13:22:27] <guillaume.gaillard> 15.4g
[13:22:35] <guillaume.gaillard> Carsten Borman
[13:22:46] <guillaume.gaillard> the mike doesn't work
[13:22:49] <guillaume.gaillard> now
[13:23:10] <guillaume.gaillard> 6LowPAN in the study ?
[13:23:50] <guillaume.gaillard> 6tisch is the main focus now
[13:24:31] <guillaume.gaillard> carsten authorization technologies are starting to be studied
[13:24:47] <guillaume.gaillard> samita question
[13:25:10] <guillaume.gaillard> to add 6lo as well
[13:25:23] <guillaume.gaillard> pascal thubert speaking
[13:25:59] <guillaume.gaillard> 6tisch as an architecture to bundle each other (things)
[13:26:09] <guillaume.gaillard> question
[13:26:36] <guillaume.gaillard> any formal relation ship with ISA IEEE
[13:26:50] <guillaume.gaillard> contact made
[13:28:06] <guillaume.gaillard> Pascal : links 6lo RPL, divergence ? Adapt to the archittecture
[13:28:19] <guillaume.gaillard> slide Next Iteml to cover (28)
[13:30:07] <guillaume.gaillard> scheme of exchange (29)
[13:31:21] GĂ©raldine Texier joins the room
[13:31:35] <guillaume.gaillard> slide 30 : next items :
[13:31:43] <guillaume.gaillard> security
[13:31:45] <guillaume.gaillard> etc
[13:32:07] <guillaume.gaillard> DRAFT WANG 6tisch 6top interface 2
[13:32:19] <Thomas Watteyne> can you hear Xavi?
[13:32:34] <Ines Robles> yes
[13:32:44] <Ted Lemon> Barely.
[13:32:44] <Thomas Watteyne> OK, let me know if too low
[13:32:57] <Ines Robles> it is ok for me the sounds, thanks
[13:33:04] <guillaume.gaillard> mike better ?
[13:33:08] <Ted Lemon> You can't win. :)
[13:33:25] guillaume.gaillard leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
[13:33:48] <Ines Robles> mike ok
[13:34:00] <Thomas Watteyne> ok, thanks
[13:34:30] guillaume.gaillard joins the room
[13:34:37] <Thomas Watteyne> slide 36
[13:34:40] <guillaume.gaillard> slide 36
[13:35:08] <guillaume.gaillard> 6top datastore
[13:35:47] <guillaume.gaillard> presence of soft and hard cells example in the slide 40
[13:36:21] <guillaume.gaillard> 42 : management info for the chunks
[13:36:35] <guillaume.gaillard> 44 : mgt command list
[13:37:02] <guillaume.gaillard> 45 next steps
[13:37:30] <guillaume.gaillard> draft wang 6tish 6top sublayer
[13:37:38] <guillaume.gaillard> Qin Wang speaking
[13:38:11] <Thomas Watteyne> 47
[13:38:13] <guillaume.gaillard> Slide 47 : parts of original 6top draft
[13:38:31] <guillaume.gaillard> table of content 48
[13:38:56] <guillaume.gaillard> Changes : slide 49
[13:39:56] <guillaume.gaillard> remove security related commands from 6top
[13:40:13] <guillaume.gaillard> detail of interaction with 154eTSCH
[13:40:27] <guillaume.gaillard> 50: flags in cell Model
[13:41:07] Ines Robles leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[13:41:24] Ines Robles joins the room
[13:41:25] <guillaume.gaillard> link Option (154E), link Type(154e), and CellType (6top)
[13:41:55] <guillaume.gaillard> 51
[13:42:28] <guillaume.gaillard> flag setting of broadcast cell in receiver side
[13:42:54] <guillaume.gaillard> discuss more about the IE, etc for chunk support
[13:43:08] <guillaume.gaillard> Issues (52)
[13:43:23] <guillaume.gaillard> questions ?
[13:43:35] <guillaume.gaillard> Questions about 6top
[13:43:41] <guillaume.gaillard> Pascal summurazing
[13:44:19] <guillaume.gaillard> did you read the draft
[13:44:20] <guillaume.gaillard> ?
[13:44:31] <guillaume.gaillard> conform to expectation
[13:44:50] <guillaume.gaillard> WG draft ? => hum positive
[13:44:56] <guillaume.gaillard> to confirm on ML
[13:45:00] <guillaume.gaillard> no opposal
[13:45:49] <guillaume.gaillard> in august, ask for early reviews
[13:45:59] <guillaume.gaillard> feedback from Qin
[13:46:50] <guillaume.gaillard> Qin repeat
[13:47:32] <guillaume.gaillard> Pat kinney question
[13:47:50] <guillaume.gaillard> delegation in 6top draft
[13:48:14] <guillaume.gaillard> is that suggested ?
[13:48:54] <guillaume.gaillard> what would we gain to beieng the interface for 15.4?
[13:49:03] <guillaume.gaillard> $Xavi answering
[13:49:10] <Thomas Watteyne> Xavi speaking
[13:49:29] <guillaume.gaillard> if everything in the interface => more coherent
[13:50:18] <Thomas Watteyne> Pat Kinney speaking
[13:50:52] <guillaume.gaillard> question
[13:51:24] <guillaume.gaillard> qin Slide 44
[13:51:39] <guillaume.gaillard> 154 doc : security
[13:52:36] <guillaume.gaillard> pat kenney
[13:52:46] <guillaume.gaillard> different documents
[13:53:18] <guillaume.gaillard> discussion about security
[13:53:24] <guillaume.gaillard> slide 53
[13:53:32] <guillaume.gaillard> Michael Richardson
[13:54:12] <guillaume.gaillard> M. Behringer not present
[13:54:27] <guillaume.gaillard> A deep dive into security
[13:55:20] <guillaume.gaillard> two ideas here :
[13:55:34] Dan York leaves the room
[13:55:48] <guillaume.gaillard> slide 54
[13:56:46] Dan York joins the room
[13:57:46] <guillaume.gaillard> 55 : representation of the schedule
[13:57:59] <guillaume.gaillard> 56 :
[13:58:15] <guillaume.gaillard> Option 1 requires PANA
[14:00:11] <guillaume.gaillard> see draft pritikin bootstraping key infrastructure
[14:00:36] <guillaume.gaillard> authorization may be explicit or implicit
[14:00:50] <guillaume.gaillard> 57
[14:01:26] <guillaume.gaillard> 58
[14:01:41] <guillaume.gaillard> Node join W HART-like
[14:03:32] <guillaume.gaillard> 59
[14:03:44] <guillaume.gaillard> Time sequence for RPL/COAP
[14:06:43] <guillaume.gaillard> 60
[14:06:50] <guillaume.gaillard> Autonomic Flow
[14:06:59] <guillaume.gaillard> 61
[14:07:16] <guillaume.gaillard> secure Domain Certificate enrolment
[14:08:00] <guillaume.gaillard> 63
[14:08:15] <guillaume.gaillard> Req for RPL/CoAP security
[14:08:40] <guillaume.gaillard> Question
[14:08:54] <guillaume.gaillard> certificate
[14:09:20] <guillaume.gaillard> the mote provides a single stat of statement
[14:09:54] <guillaume.gaillard> exchanges
[14:10:36] <guillaume.gaillard> issue to discuss
[14:10:52] <guillaume.gaillard> Pat keyney
[14:10:55] guillaume.gaillard leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
[14:11:09] Dan York leaves the room
[14:11:30] guillaume.gaillard joins the room
[14:12:39] <guillaume.gaillard> Pascal speaking
[14:13:05] <guillaume.gaillard> Xavi speaking : report on plugfest
[14:13:11] <guillaume.gaillard> (65)
[14:13:39] <guillaume.gaillard> xavi's mike
[14:14:18] <Thomas Watteyne> let me konw if you cannot hear Xavi well
[14:14:23] <guillaume.gaillard> participants have been presenting their tools and demos
[14:14:59] <guillaume.gaillard> pictures of the demos
[14:15:27] <guillaume.gaillard> Focus 1 (69)
[14:15:47] <guillaume.gaillard> interoperation
[14:16:02] <guillaume.gaillard> build topo, synchro, etc.
[14:16:10] <guillaume.gaillard> focus 2 : demo
[14:16:22] <guillaume.gaillard> techno based on 6tisch
[14:16:31] <guillaume.gaillard> focus 3 : tools
[14:16:59] <guillaume.gaillard> pere Tusel speaking
[14:17:04] <guillaume.gaillard> OpenMote
[14:17:18] guillaume.gaillard leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
[14:17:35] <Thomas Watteyne> 74
[14:18:30] guillaume.gaillard joins the room
[14:18:44] <guillaume.gaillard> Oliver hahm speaking
[14:18:51] <guillaume.gaillard> OS RIOT
[14:19:13] guillaume.gaillard leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
[14:20:06] guillaume.gaillard joins the room
[14:20:18] <guillaume.gaillard> cedric speaking
[14:20:24] <guillaume.gaillard> IOT LAB
[14:21:10] <guillaume.gaillard> IoT-Lab platform(s)
[14:21:30] Ines Robles leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[14:21:47] Ines Robles joins the room
[14:22:11] <guillaume.gaillard> FIT/OneLab federation
[14:22:36] <guillaume.gaillard> clock sync
[14:22:56] <guillaume.gaillard> Nicola Accentura speaking
[14:23:03] <guillaume.gaillard> DeTAS demo
[14:23:08] Dan York joins the room
[14:23:35] guillaume.gaillard leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[14:23:45] guillaume.gaillard joins the room
[14:23:59] <guillaume.gaillard> a simple example of topology
[14:24:32] <guillaume.gaillard> signaling implem with req_cmd and RES_cmd
[14:24:54] guillaume.gaillard leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
[14:26:40] guillaume.gaillard joins the room
[14:26:53] <guillaume.gaillard> Thomas speaking
[14:27:02] <guillaume.gaillard> bakbone router demo
[14:27:23] guillaume.gaillard leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
[14:28:22] guillaume.gaillard joins the room
[14:28:56] <guillaume.gaillard> Xavi speaking
[14:29:10] <guillaume.gaillard> Tengfei minimal 6tisch demo
[14:29:13] Ines Robles leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[14:29:29] Ines Robles joins the room
[14:29:33] <guillaume.gaillard> Conclusions
[14:29:55] <guillaume.gaillard> wireshark dissectors are needed
[14:30:04] <guillaume.gaillard> minimal draft congestion
[14:30:53] <guillaume.gaillard> => action Item : determine recomendations on slotframe length and number of active slot
[14:31:15] Dan York leaves the room
[14:31:29] <guillaume.gaillard> according to nw size/degree/drift rate
[14:31:56] <guillaume.gaillard> thanks xavi for organizing
[14:32:36] <guillaume.gaillard> reports to be published on ML
[14:32:46] <guillaume.gaillard> Uncharted items
[14:33:03] <guillaume.gaillard> Diego Dujovne speakink
[14:33:20] <guillaume.gaillard> On the fly schedulling
[14:33:49] <guillaume.gaillard> changes since ietf 88 : precised allocation policies
[14:34:07] <guillaume.gaillard> and included default BW estrimation
[14:34:24] <guillaume.gaillard> 99 : stack with OTF
[14:34:45] Dan York joins the room
[14:35:02] <guillaume.gaillard> 100 : alloc policies
[14:35:41] <guillaume.gaillard> post and pre allocation policies
[14:36:04] <guillaume.gaillard> reactive vs predictive approach
[14:36:44] <guillaume.gaillard> 101
[14:37:05] <guillaume.gaillard> Pre-alloc reduce allocation matency
[14:37:08] <guillaume.gaillard> latency
[14:37:28] <guillaume.gaillard> but increase power consum
[14:38:01] <guillaume.gaillard> 102 : algorithm selection
[14:38:17] <guillaume.gaillard> algo stored in the nodes
[14:38:56] <guillaume.gaillard> default algo proposed in the draft
[14:39:02] <guillaume.gaillard> 103 : TODOs
[14:39:58] <guillaume.gaillard> questions ?
[14:40:13] <guillaume.gaillard> clarifying q. from Thomas
[14:40:58] <guillaume.gaillard> 6top interface ? with the get/set algorithml
[14:41:14] <guillaume.gaillard> independent
[14:41:54] <guillaume.gaillard> question : if you select an algo, instead of specifying a command,
[14:42:00] <guillaume.gaillard> ..
[14:42:30] <Thomas Watteyne> question from Kuor Hsin Chang
[14:43:33] <guillaume.gaillard> pascal speaking
[14:44:05] <guillaume.gaillard> draft piro 6tisch secu issues
[14:44:16] <guillaume.gaillard> Guiuseppe Piro speacking
[14:44:20] <guillaume.gaillard> slide 105
[14:44:35] <guillaume.gaillard> changes since 88 :
[14:44:40] <guillaume.gaillard> add refs
[14:44:46] <Thomas Watteyne> correction, Gennaro Boggia speaking
[14:44:55] <guillaume.gaillard> interaction between 6top and mac
[14:45:28] <guillaume.gaillard> (initial goals) 106
[14:45:54] <guillaume.gaillard> 107 : what in the draft
[14:46:28] <guillaume.gaillard> 108 work in progress
[14:47:15] <guillaume.gaillard> 109 : future steps
[14:47:29] <guillaume.gaillard> feedbacks welcome
[14:48:35] <guillaume.gaillard> thomas suggests draft be looked by security team
[14:48:56] <guillaume.gaillard> integration
[14:49:25] <guillaume.gaillard> question relay that it is challenging
[14:50:55] <guillaume.gaillard> question : 15.9 .. 3 secu drafts ?
[14:51:08] <guillaume.gaillard> pascal speaking
[14:51:16] <guillaume.gaillard> 1 or 2 or 3 profiles
[14:52:10] <guillaume.gaillard> thomas speaking
[14:52:29] <guillaume.gaillard> goal of the security task force to make a decision there
[14:52:46] <guillaume.gaillard> ? recomend different solutions
[14:53:58] <guillaume.gaillard> ? time frame ?
[14:54:18] <guillaume.gaillard> security is worth everywhere
[14:54:55] <guillaume.gaillard> Pascal : architecture first step
[14:55:34] <guillaume.gaillard> by june 15, with security up dated
[14:55:42] <guillaume.gaillard> question on archi drafct
[14:55:45] <guillaume.gaillard> Yoshi
[14:56:09] <guillaume.gaillard> include secu archi into archi
[14:56:13] <guillaume.gaillard> => issues ?
[14:56:42] <guillaume.gaillard> state in an infrmational document our vision
[14:56:53] Dan York leaves the room
[14:57:51] <guillaume.gaillard> question
[14:58:37] <guillaume.gaillard> focus on the architecture
[14:58:52] <guillaume.gaillard> then start and compare
[14:59:31] <guillaume.gaillard> need to find way to publish doc with secu issues included
[14:59:47] <guillaume.gaillard> Michael Ridchardson
[15:00:04] <guillaume.gaillard> after 20 years of secu protocol
[15:00:14] <guillaume.gaillard> what is a secu architecture
[15:01:45] <guillaume.gaillard> constraints of the people systems
[15:02:13] <guillaume.gaillard> robert cragie : generalize it
[15:02:49] <guillaume.gaillard> closing the section
[15:03:04] <guillaume.gaillard> (sorry for interruptions)
[15:03:18] Thomas Watteyne leaves the room
[15:04:04] renzoe leaves the room
[15:04:23] GĂ©raldine Texier leaves the room
[15:05:55] <Ines Robles> Thank you very much
[15:06:02] Ines Robles leaves the room
[15:06:38] Ted Lemon leaves the room
[15:09:03] Michael Richardson leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[15:09:03] mcr joins the room
[15:19:12] Ted Lemon joins the room
[15:19:41] guillaume.gaillard leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
[15:23:20] Dan York joins the room
[15:29:09] mcr leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[15:54:28] Dan York leaves the room
[16:46:21] mcr joins the room
[17:03:57] mcr leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[18:51:15] Ted Lemon leaves the room
[19:51:42] Ted Lemon joins the room
[20:12:55] Ted Lemon leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[20:12:55] Ted Lemon joins the room
[20:13:59] Ted Lemon leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[20:14:01] Ted Lemon joins the room
[20:15:01] Ted Lemon leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[20:15:02] Ted Lemon joins the room
[20:15:58] Ted Lemon leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[20:15:58] Ted Lemon joins the room
[20:16:48] Ted Lemon leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[20:16:49] Ted Lemon joins the room
[20:17:40] Ted Lemon leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[20:17:41] Ted Lemon joins the room
[20:18:33] Ted Lemon leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[20:18:34] Ted Lemon joins the room
[20:19:29] Ted Lemon leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[20:19:30] Ted Lemon joins the room
[20:20:27] Ted Lemon leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[20:20:29] Ted Lemon joins the room
[20:21:23] Ted Lemon leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[20:21:23] Ted Lemon joins the room
[20:23:18] Ted Lemon leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
[20:34:42] mcr joins the room
[21:00:56] Ted Lemon joins the room
[23:05:59] Ted Lemon leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!